Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption (1410 Views)

Bola Tinubu Gives Wads Of New Naira Note To Man Living With Disability / Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano / Atiku Abubakar Plans To Fight Corruption - PDP Reveals (2) (3) (4)

CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption by geunik(m): 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2022
Just some few minutes ago, I read that the CBN is about to introduce new currency notes. https://www.nairaland.com/7402800/old-currencies-expire-31-01
That is not the issue. It is the reaction of Nigeria's to the issue. To many, it is a waste of time and resources. That shows that many people don't know the importance of changing currency design. Even in USA, it is a normal thing.
Changing of currency is one of the most effective methods of fighting corruption. Many politicians that steal public funds don't put them in bank. They stack them up in private location like pit latrine, tanks, their rooms, safe etc. They pick few bundles from there everytime they need little cash to spend..
The introduction of new currency will forces these thieves to the bank to change these currency. That will pose a risk to them as they will be in the eyes of the law. Imagine the 1000 naira note has never been changed since ages now. Most politicians that stole 1000 notes can still spend them today.
But they may go to BDC to change these money to foreign currency. That is why the BDC are technically the problem of this country. Why allow individual to carry foreign currency in your country?

Re: CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption by minks(m): 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
Whatever happens, this government has not really lived up to it's promise of fighting corruption. There is more corruption now than any other time in our history as a nation.
Re: CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption by longetivity(m): 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2022
Fight corruption? grin when the real corruptions are wining and dinning in Aso villa.
Re: CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption by Arda1000(m): 6:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
This olodon eh…
So what stops those politicians from stacking up the new currencies too?

Re: CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption by socialmediaman: 6:30pm On Oct 26, 2022
geunik:
Just some few minutes ago, I read that the CBN is about to introduce new currency notes. https://www.nairaland.com/7402800/old-currencies-expire-31-01
That is not the issue. It is the reaction of Nigeria's to the issue. To many, it is a waste of time and resources. That shows that many people don't know the importance of changing currency design. Even in USA, it is a normal thing.
Changing of currency is one of the most effective methods of fighting corruption. Many politicians that steal public funds don't put them in bank. They stack them up in private location like pit latrine, tanks, their rooms, safe etc. They pick few bundles from there everytime they need little cash to spend..
The introduction of new currency will forces these thieves to the bank to change these currency. That will pose a risk to them as they will be in the eyes of the law. Imagine the 1000 naira note has never been changed since ages now. Most politicians that stole 1000 notes can still spend them today.
But they may go to BDC to change these money to foreign currency. That is why the BDC are technically the problem of this country. Why allow individual to carry foreign currency in your country?

This was the method used in the early 80s, what they do now is buy US dollars with stolen funds, or launder them through their companies

With what you just wrote here, I can see why politicians are getting away with whatever they do

Re: CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption by baralatie(m): 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
Arda1000:
This olodon eh…
That is why I was laughing when emiefele gave the reason!
I was like
Has he forgotten that Nigerian has changed currencies like how many times .
And he wants it by December o
Re: CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption by aieromon(m): 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2022
baralatie:

That is why I was laughing when emiefele gave the reason!
I was like
Has he forgotten that Nigerian has changed currencies like how many times .
And he wants it by December o

How many times?

The timeline is 31 Jan 2023.

Re: CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption by geunik(m): 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2022
Arda1000:
This olodon eh…
You just showed that your education is waste. How can they stack the new currency without going to the bank?
Re: CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption by fineboynl(m): 8:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
geunik:

You just showed that your education is waste. How can they stack the new currency without going to the bank?
will the money not be in circulation? Only a fool will stashed naira

Something they do with dollars , pounds and euro.
Re: CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption by fineboynl(m): 8:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
The cbn has lost directions. First they said it’s bitcoin. Later abokifx. Now is redesigning of the notes
Re: CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption by Arda1000(m): 9:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
geunik:

so tell me if you are a politician, and u have 20billion of old naira u won’t know how to go about spending it?

Re: CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption by Truvelisback(m): 9:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
Arda1000:
so tell me if you are a politician, and u have 20billion of old naira u won’t know how to go about spending it?
No mind am joor! As if i invest the money in a business or build houses they know.
Re: CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption by geunik(m): 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
fineboynl:
will the money not be in circulation? Only a fool will stashed naira

Something they do with dollars , pounds and euro.
That was why I said BDC are thee problem. They changed the stolen fund at aboki
Re: CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption by geunik(m): 7:23am On Oct 27, 2022
Arda1000:
Most politicians want to save money for their children after investing and buying business and landed properties. They cannot keep buying until yhe money is finished. They want to save.
And since they can't save it in naira, they buy foreign currency from BDC because the current naira design will change soon. It is this currency they save with in hard currency. Dollars will rise to 1k soon before January with what CBN is about to do.
They have to make it illegal to hold physical foreign currency in Nigeria
Re: CBN Introduction Of New Note To Fight Corruption by Arda1000(m): 7:32am On Oct 27, 2022
geunik:

Most politicians want to save money for their children after investing and buying business and landed properties. They cannot keep buying until yhe money is finished. They want to save.
And since they can't save it in naira, they buy foreign currency from BDC because the current naira design will change soon. It is this currency they save with in hard currency. Dollars will rise to 1k soon before January with what CBN is about to do.
They have to make it illegal to hold physical foreign currency in Nigeria
someone should tag CBN on these comments lol

Reactions Trail Peter Obi Performance At Chatham House Yesterday / Tinubu Never Went To US Afterall Despite Showing Us "Visa" That Was Obtained / Deliver Your Street For Asiwaju Jagaban Bola Tinubu As President