Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain (42022 Views)

Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes / Madonna University Bans Tablets / Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Deltavariant(m): 10:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
Coun3MAN:
IF THIS THING HAPPEN IN NORTHERN UNIVERSITY, THE HYPOCRITES AMONG THE NAIRALANDERS WILL OPEN THEIR DIRTY GUTTER CALLED MOUTH & BEGIN TO LABEL IT AS ISLAMISATION AGENDA.

THEY SAID "FOLLOW THOSE WHO KNOW ROAD " SO U EXCEL.
YOUR ELDERS HAVE REALISE THEIR MISTAKES CUZ Ur ANCESTORS COULD NOT LAY THEM FOUNDATION WITH REGARDS TO MORALITY.
So, u guys can enjoy the dividends of SHARIA LAW,
grin grin
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
gentlesmithugo:
Which one be birthroom slipper again.who dey born with slippers

These are the people "educating" your children. Thank Satan I left the Zoo.
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by justli: 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
Way to go. Respect the sanctity of the lecturers and students around you. It'ssupposed to be a learning environment not a place for olosho and immortal practices with recklessness.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Jocdon(m): 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2022
Every bad thing in Nigeria must end with Apc (buhari) goverment in Jesus Name Amen.
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by sync(f): 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2022
Is it “Bon shorts” or “Bum shorts” my people ehh
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by ATLIEN2027: 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2022
I guess this is part of Buhari's islamization agenda grin
If this were to be in the North, the same clowns clapping for this will be insinuating islamization agenda.
#HYPOCRITES.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by johnnychuks(m): 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2022
Felix6:
don't mind these confused morons. You need to see secondary school students here in the UK. Dressing and whatever has nothing to do with performances. Africa needs serious resetting.
Nna you are fucking up with this your UK ooo, they are trying to put things in our own way here you are talking of your fucking scavengers UK that doesn't help anybody in any good way, UK na country wey person supposed go?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by olatdove: 10:28pm On Oct 26, 2022
Good move, may GOD should let all the remaining schools to wake up to make this type of decision. I give my 100% support on this decision
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Josephkabila12: 10:30pm On Oct 26, 2022
Before my school pass dis kin memo no say de matter don worst. When we dey de school students dey do some of dis things Dem but e never reach dis level. De school Senate don vex
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Bridget95(f): 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2022
Antoeni:
As e dey Hot
who is she ? Where is this lady from

1 Like

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Switruth: 10:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Nazgul:
This is a case of misplaced priorities. All these banning isn't important, who go fúck go still fúck. They should focus more on improving the learning conditions of their students. Punish lecturers who threaten female students with an "F" if they don't have sex with them, go online so that if as a lecturer you can't make it to the classroom you can lecture your students wherever you are and give them assignments which they'll do and submit online.

American and UK universities don't have all these dressing restrictions yet they're among the best and most advanced universities in the world. What's wrong with us the African Continent.
sad how you guys compare these countries with ours. No be uk prime minister perform juju for gate? Do it in Africa na
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by FarmTech(m): 10:41pm On Oct 26, 2022
So good. God bless them.
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by gaskiyamagana: 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
nlfpmod:
RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY NKPOLU-OROWORUKWO, PORT HARCOURT

INTERNAL MEMORANDUM FROM:

Registrar/Secretary to Senate TO: President of SUG, All Students

Ban on Indecent Dressing by Students on Camp

I am directed to inform you that Senate has banned indecent dressing by students on campus with immediate effect.

I am further directed to Inform you that this ban is sequel to a memo presented by the Committee of Provost and Deans and considered by Senate at its 291st Regular Meeting held on Thursday, 29th September, 2022.

By this ban, it Is now prohibited for any student to dress the following way on campus:

1. Wearing of "spaghetti gown" by female students.

2. Wearing of short skirt above the knees by female students.

3. Colouring of hair by both male and female students.

4. Sagging of trousers by both male and female students

5. Wearing of earrings by male students and nose rings by female students.

6. Wearing of tattoos by both male and female students.

7. Wearing of ankle chain by female students.

8. Wearing of long eyelashes by female students.

9. Wearing of gown/blouse that exposes the navel or breast by female students.

10. Wearing of tattered jean trousers by both male and female students

11. Wearing of birthroom slippers or bon short to the classroom.

1 am in the circumstance, directed to draw the attention of all students to the above decision and hereby request that you please note and comply accordingly.

Dr. S.C. Enyindah

Registrar/Secretary to Senate
Islamization or moral sanitization of our University - all is the same?
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by gaskiyamagana: 10:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
gaskiyamagana:

Islamization or moral sanitization of our University - all is the same?
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Safyqueen: 10:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
God1000:
Good, I'm fully in support of the ban

Such scabrous and unethical behaviour should be tamed.

I don't like seeing ladies wearing ankle chain, nose rings, eyelashes and too much makeup.

Our ladies should maintain their natural beauty.

And the guys painting their fingernails with tattoos all over their body should refrain from such sleazy, unsavoury and licentious behaviour.

I don't know you anyway but your comment look hypocritical to me because if this ban is from a northern school like Bayero University Kano, these comments would have been otherwise.

Anyway what the new order critical depict is Sharia and nothing else.
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Ghozky(m): 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2022
Make dem do such ban for Delta State University.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by ruggedtimi(m): 10:49pm On Oct 26, 2022
Ignatius should follow...omo for that sch gals dey even wear night gown fall out during school hours
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by gaskiyamagana: 10:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
Righteousness2:
A Heavenly minded son or daughter of GOD who has a Genuie relationship with JESUS will have no problem adhering to the notice.
Shut up. This is Islamization that most of you are enemies of

1 Like

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by stacyadams: 10:53pm On Oct 26, 2022
They can't be grooming future harlotss sorry olosho
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Antoeni(m): 10:57pm On Oct 26, 2022
Question
Bridget95:
who is she ? Where is this lady from
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Cerebellum: 11:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
osazsky:
Nice move..how i wish obaseki fit ban yoruba dirty agbo girls sellers and yoruba beggars commot for ringroad..he for make sence ..the numbers is alarming..yoruba destitute everywhere..them nor dey learn work.to sell agbo herbal concoction na still hand work cuz I nor understand again o

Arbi nah

And oga sanwo should ban those dirty Edo girls too wey dey litter night clubs for lasgidi

1 Like

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Akpabio02(m): 11:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
I support the decision of the school at least to sanitize the students
nlfpmod:

I am directed to inform you that Senate has banned indecent dressing by students on campus with immediate effect.

I am further directed to Inform you that this ban is sequel to a memo presented by the Committee of Provost and Deans and considered by Senate at its 291st Regular Meeting held on Thursday, 29th September, 2022.

By this ban, it Is now prohibited for any student to dress the following way on campus:

1 am in the circumstance, directed to draw the attention of all students to the above decision and hereby request that you please note and comply accordingly.

Dr. S.C. Enyindah

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by AngelicBeing: 11:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
Righteousness2:
A Heavenly minded son or daughter of GOD who has a Genuie relationship with JESUS will have no problem adhering to the notice.
Gbamsulotely, end of thread, next news jare wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by correctyourself(m): 11:10pm On Oct 26, 2022
Good one, they shouldn't be allowed to corrupt the serious one
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by zudozz: 11:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
Simply say they banned OLOSHOISM!

Only irresponsible people carry all these.

I am so proud of this school.
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Stronghold91: 11:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
Rubbiish:

Very backward mentality
They should go to most foreign institutions in the US & UK to see what their students are wearing & they are far better than us. Everyone wants to go there. We like dealing with so much irrelevancy in this part of the work. How does warring ankle chain affects anyone?
that wike
they need to reset his brain
he is diverting from reasoning

1 Like

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by CaptainFM1: 11:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
This should go straight into Nigeria Constitution.

Students won't mind complying within the sch premises, but will go back to their normal self outside the school gate.

Even the lecturers are their customers in clubs and bars at night. So unless it's generally implemented in the constitution of the republic, the main aim is largely defeated.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Okwyjesus(m): 11:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
nlfpmod:

Dr. S.C. Enyindah

Education and the culture of the people are cojoined twins.

Our moral is decaying even inour citadel of learning.
Enough......

1 Like

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Monday60655(m): 11:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
Very commendable. Nice move by the Senate of the University. I wish every other sector in the country will do the same.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
University for that matter...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Jamb Really Adding 40 Marks For The Candidates? / Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University / 10 Hilarious Differences Between Men And Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.