Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,871 members, 7,813,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite (3060 Views)

"Empty Stadium" Reno Omokri Mocks Peter Obi On Attendance At Rallies / Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? / Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah: What Obideints Should Know About Tinubu's Crowd At Rallies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by KEVIND: 3:13pm On Oct 27, 2022
I Prefer To Speak At Rallies And Gatherings - Tinubu Says As He Rejects Arise Television Interview Invite

When contacted, Keyamo wondered why some Nigerians are fixated on interviews when Tinubu is already addressing issues raised at events and rallies.

The presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu has said he prefers to speak at rallies and gatherings.

He said this on Wednesday through his spokesperson after a journalist, Oseni Rufai, one of the anchors of the “Arise Morning Show” on Arise News TV had tweeted that having interviewed other presidential candidates such as Atiku Abubakar, Peter Obi, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso and Omoyele Sowore, they eagerly await Tinubu’s presence on the show.

We eagerly await the APC presidential candidate for an interview on Arisetv, we have had Obi, Atiku, Kwankwaso, Sowore, and others. We will like to hear his ideas for Nigeria and chat about them!”.

Reacting, the Chief Spokesperson of the Tinubu-Shettima Presidential Campaign Council and Minister of State, Labour and Employment Festus Keyamo (SAN) in a chat with DAILY INDEPENDENT said Tinubu is already addressing issues raised by Nigerians at rallies and gatherings.

He added that the party's presidential candidate is not mandated to sit for an interview in order to address issues raised by Nigerians on his plans for the country ahead of the 2023 general elections.

According to him, the most important thing is for Tinubu to speak to Nigerians and he has been doing that.

“Asiwaju Tinubu has been speaking at rallies and gatherings. The most important thing is that he is speaking to Nigerians. What’s all this fixation about sitting down in an interview?”

“He is speaking everywhere he goes. Are they not seeing him? He is addressing issues. He is talking to Nigerians everywhere he goes” Keyamo said.

https://www.tori.ng/amp/218257/i-prefer-to-speak-at-rallies-and-gatherings-tinubu.html

2 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Bantu10: 3:14pm On Oct 27, 2022
The next place you will speak is your grave. Evil thieving corrupt drug baron

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Creamypie(m): 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2022
Cos na dunces and unintelligent people, who are waiting to hail u and collect money dey rally. Who asks questions at all in rallies primaries?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2022
He prefers to speak to those he paid to listen to him, Tinubu will be worse than Buhari, a brutal and unproductive leader.

One that shuns dialogue and relating with Nigerians, well he is another Abiela, Falea, Awu, Greedy tribal jingoist that'll never rule this great country.

Atiku is coming

10 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by souilor: 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2022
angry

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Racoon(m): 3:18pm On Oct 27, 2022
The worries and queries about Tinubu’s frequent habitation in London when he is needed in Nigeria are a direct consequence of our experience with Buhari who has elevated absenteeism, nonchalance, and “ungovernance” to an art.

Nigeria’s problems are too enormous to be additionally burdened with another absent, detached, inelegantly insouciant presidency, which Tinubu’s current attitudes suggest we will have should he become president.

Tinubu and his minders need to come clean about the state of his health. If they insist that he is as fit as a fiddle, they need to tell us why he has been uncommunicative in the last few months.

Communication with the public is a core feature of the American-style presidential democracy we practice in Nigeria. It is public communication that affords the president the opportunity to influence public opinion, to interface with citizens, and to frame and reframe the contours of national conversations.

That is why we now talk of the “rhetorical presidency,” where the goal of presidential communication is no longer to just persuade lawmakers (which is now unnecessary in Nigeria since National Assembly members are often pliant yes-men and yes-women) but to win the popular approval of the public. 

What sort of presidency does Tinubu want to have if he becomes president? A continuation of Buhari? Well, he may not be as lucky as Buhari as been.

After eight years of Buhari's vacant, dementia-plagued presidency, the last thing Nigeria needs is another presidency that will double down on it, that would be conducted through dishonest press releases by presidential spokespersons, paid social media troll farms, and TV appearances by deviously mercenary mind managers.
Why Is Bola Tinubu Hiding In London? By Farooq A. Kperogi
https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2022/10/why-is-bola-tinubu-hiding-in-london.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by general111(m): 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2022
Low self esteem is what i call this

9 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by TechW: 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2022
Where no one will ask him any question

16 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Jagabanofafrica: 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2022
Bantu10:
The next place you will speak is your grave. Evil thieving corrupt drug baron

Can you talk to your father like , Ibos don't respect elders.

Yoruba lokan

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Paragon311(m): 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2022
This is not good to sell Tinubu to the electorate....

Granting interview with the same way others did is an addition to his campaign.

10 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Richardonald(m): 3:21pm On Oct 27, 2022
Dem go use baba do comedy when he start is campaign.

Na so so rubbish him go dey talk

7 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Nigerialabalaba: 3:24pm On Oct 27, 2022
Creamypie:
Cos na dunces and unintelligent people, who are waiting to hail u and collect money dey rally
Na comment like dis make some people say na waste of time to dey talk to nonsense people like una. Jagaban don without vote from yeye people o.
Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Bantu10: 3:24pm On Oct 27, 2022
Jagabanofafrica:

Yoruba lokan

my father is not a thief and a drug baron cum killer like tinubu

14 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Urheadmaster(m): 3:24pm On Oct 27, 2022
Paragon311:
This is not good to sell Tinubu to the electorate....

Granting interview with the same way others did is an addition to his campaign.

Yeah but he prefers to speak in rallies and gathering.

Tinubu is a mistake to mankind tongue undecided

7 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Creamypie(m): 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Na comment like dis make some people say na waste of time to dey talk to nonsense people like una
in media house, u as politician, will be objectively grilled on your plans, proper questions are asked, and direct answers are aired. In rallies, people just want to hear what they have been hearing with some assurances and refreshments. Na u be nonsense

7 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Flora2Sweet: 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2022
I support him.....

how do you know, he's igbo..

You're As D*mb as ur Candidate...

Jagabanofafrica:

Yoruba lokan

4 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by gidgiddy: 3:33pm On Oct 27, 2022
Signs of what is it come if he wins

He does not go for interviews because he does not want to be questioned

5 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by NigeriaIsGreat: 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2022
Nigerian baby politicians and their ego. Amaechi confessed he is scared to enter his State because of Wike.

Is that the President Nigeria needs? While Tinubu was a deliberate and methodical politician, Osinbajo was drafted into politics.

There is nothing in his nature that indicates he would not have happily remained a comfortable middle class lawyer had he not met Tinubu.

Meanwhile Tinubu is a politicians Politician. A deliberate leader of leaders. He was a Senator in his late thirties.

He was fighting Abacha in an organised fashion, through NADECO, at an age most Nigerians today are still trying to decide what they want to do with their lives.

Amaechi, Osinbajo etal should drop ego and support Tinubu or they can get lost. How many battles have either won and what battle has Tinubu, who has faced more than most, lost?

Some will mention Obi. The coward was pleading with OBJ on his knees yet still got impeached. Tinubu not only stood up to OBJ but totally retrenched Obasanjo's influence, through the PDP, from the SW.

Nigerians are too petty and tribalistic. If not it will be obvious only Tinubu can weild power productively on behalf of the South today.

Buhari did same.on behalf of the North because he is authoritative and as iconically supported as Tinubu is.

Difference is that Tinubu is fairer, more tolerant,and more detribalised and more modern than Buhari. He will get more results than Buhari by far.

We should not waste the turn of the South indulging weakling any section of the country would bully with ease as happened to GEJ. Are we not ashamed at how terrorised Nigeria is becoming because North does not want to grant Nigeria modern and more effective policing and security architecture?

US, UK and European nations are evacuating their citizens from Abuja currently and we are still clowning around. The rescue mission belongs to Tinubu alone.

I am tipping Tinubu to be an Awolowo of today. A father of the rebirth of Nigeria. He will never fail.Unless of course death stops him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by StrongandMighty: 3:46pm On Oct 27, 2022
The only place you can see agbado speak is in women's gathering

3 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Treasure17(m): 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2022
Buhari also started this way with all manner of ridiculous excuses and here we are with no direction and purpose as a nation.

Olodo presidential candidate.

5 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Acidosis(m): 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2022
Reminds me of Buhari in 2015. Dude will just climb the podium, grab mic, and scream "vote HAY-FEE-CEE, HAY-FEE-CEE" three times and drop mic.

Toor Odaro grin

Dude won the election with less than 1 scripted live interview in English and about 2 in BBC Hausa.

APC had more than 15 town hall meetings in Nigeria and Buhari attended none. Not even 1. cheesy grin

The way this man scammed Nigerians is still beyond my comprehension till date.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Ecos(m): 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2022
Useless criminal with useless supporters

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by endsarrrs(f): 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2022
Festus Koramo ain't upright

15 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by snowball11(m): 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
Baba Milkose gat sand!
Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by JoeNL22(m): 4:00pm On Oct 27, 2022
Debate.....NO!

Interview.......NO!

Therefore, Nigerians will say NO to him come 2023.

And YES! to the man below come Feb 2023.

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Sunnyshinylight(f): 4:19pm On Oct 27, 2022
You got love......pro.....
Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Tochi3(m): 4:21pm On Oct 27, 2022
A Thief'nubu is a hardened unrepentant cell 1 criminal...

A Thief'nubu will steal everything that is not to be stolen.... a thief will steal other resources from hard working men and women and share only to his fellow thieving miscreants and family members...

A Thief'nubu should never be allowed to come near the national treasury of Nigeria because like a hardened thief he will leave no bullion vans untouched...

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Omoluabi16(m): 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2022
He prefers to speak to his yes men. To his crowd of rented people or those brainwashed they can't even dream of a better Nigeria. This man insults our collective intelligence everyday.

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by GoldenJAT(m): 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2022
Na wa o!! Make affliction no rise a second time!

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by Vulturereloaded: 4:27pm On Oct 27, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by LegendHero(m): 4:28pm On Oct 27, 2022
Nice one Jagaban.

He prefers interacting with the grassroot where the vote is than wasting time to take question from set of journalist sitting in the studio with no positive thing to add to his campaign.
Re: I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite by ajexx(m): 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2022
see this one ohh how can GOD creation be a mistake again
Urheadmaster:

Yeah but he prefers to speak in rallies and gathering.

Tinubu is a mistake to mankind tongue undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo : Naira Gains Against the Dollar / Aba Abia State To Have 24 Hours Light Starting From 26th February / Download The National Conference 2014 Report Here And Please Read It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.