Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,388 members, 7,836,561 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness (21032 Views)

Late Rico Swavey’s Girlfriend Tackles Bbnaija Stars Who Went Clubbing. / Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To / Rico Swavey Was Planning The Relocate To The US, His Girlfriend Speaks(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by asahnwaKC: 7:37pm On Oct 27, 2022
:No body want to write statements undecided
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Eriokanmi: 7:38pm On Oct 27, 2022
People are always scared to rescue accident victims. Some are also naturally wicked. I don't know why. Sometime ago, I saw an LT bus on a Sunday at the scene of a major accident. Nobody was close to the bus. I saw 2 men inside. One was unconscious while the other was badly injured on his forehead. The windscreen had cut his forehead deep so it affected his brain. He was just talking nonsense. Instead of people to come to their rescue, they were just taking selfies and recording. I saw something shocking. Fire had gutted part of the bonnet, it was already raging, getting to the driver's side and the driver was already unconscious. I quickly forced the door open and called people around to help out. I first pulled out the man with a deep cut, some people went to look for water, pouring it on him.

One guy pulled off the battery cable located behind the driver seat cos while the fire was burning the engine side, the LT Bus' engine was still running. As soon as the cable was removed, the engine stopped. To now evacuate the driver became another problem. We had to put out the fire first. He was half dead but his body was still warm.with a little pulse on him. We had to break a portion of the steering side cos the whole dashboard had collapsed on his 2 legs. We pulled him out, carried him across the other side of the road to a hospital called Longing Medical Centre at Ijaye Ojokoro area. I went to see one of my staff staying around there that year. I needed him to help out with something urgent.

Long story cut short, the guy with a deep cut regained his senses while the unconscious guy sneazed when we got to the hospital after taking some drips. He opened his eyes. The injured guy now narrated what happened. That whey were returning from a naming ceremony of one of their friends baby and suddenly ran into a parked trailer and that's all he could remember. I asked him to give me the number of their relations to call. As soon as I was able to establish the contact with them and the hospital, I now took my leave. I called them later to know how they were faring. They were OK and in good spirit. God used me as their angel that evening. They'd have got burnt completely inside that LT Bus cos nobody was willing to come to their rescue.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Miles300: 7:38pm On Oct 27, 2022
This is the problem with us , yet no one is concerned to know the cause of the accident ..if his not drunk as the hospital stated ,so what then was the cause of the accident ?
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Reinamaria(f): 7:41pm On Oct 27, 2022
Rest on Rico.
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by SavageResponse(m): 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2022
Timoleon:
Many of you showing empty sympathy online have neighbors whom you overlook every freaking day without rendering any form of assistance or aid but you are here trying to sound politically correct. Let the guy Rest In Peace abeg him don die be say him don die. Our own time Na him still Dey come.

No mind them!
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Omoluabi16(m): 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
So man have died before rico due to this same negligence and thirst for money before treatment... I hope more wont have to go before those in charge do the right thing. We have been running in circles over this same life first policy, yet it has come to naught. Who is fooling who? When we have a government virtually sleeping in every area of their responsibility. So this guy was shuttled from one place to another for 3 GOOD HOURS while unconscious... I weak oo.
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Burgerlomo: 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
WTF! 2 fucking hours? Some animals don't value human lives, RIP young man.
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Aarondan(m): 7:50pm On Oct 27, 2022
ritteousness:
you never know what the next few hours holds for you brother man and sisters reading this post. why not give your life to Christ and leave an assured and secured life.

What someone who have no Christ want is to receive the life of Christ not to give his life to Christ. A sinner is DEATH, he has no life to give.
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Akfrenzy(m): 7:50pm On Oct 27, 2022
Nigeria hospitals eeh

The way they kill people intentionally is out if this world but if they travel abroad they'll value oyibo lives bcuz can easily charge u for man slaughter
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Treadway: 7:51pm On Oct 27, 2022
I truly believe he was drunk.. either that or he dozed off behind the wheel. I believe the former is far more likely (fall asleep on a drive within the city? Roads would be free, so very short drive time) given the time of the accident and the speed he was likely going.

Let the living learn one or two things from these sad experiences.

1 Like

Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Jpblessed(m): 7:51pm On Oct 27, 2022
ChigbunduE:
blame the police. Somebody was shot dead in my village. The leaders of our village union went to report to police. Then after, my cousin, as the counsellor representing our ward, went to report to the police too. To cut the long story short, my cousin spent 6 months in SCID, just because he came to report the incident.

If you see an accident victim that you are afraid may not survive it, people will rather stay clear than help.
No body wants to make statement that may eventually put him behind bars for months.
This is bad and the narrative have to change.

2 Likes

Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Glitcher: 7:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Haha when I rushed my late dad to the hospital, the doctor used a steth to confirm he was dead on arrival. I asked how he arrived at that conclusion, he said he has no pulse lol. We've seen cases where victims with no heartbeat/pulse are brought back to life through defibrillators or CPR. I begged him to at least try something. The way the doctor just dey sluggish like he was clueless made me lose hope instantly. Our health care system in nigeria is in so much decay. An emergency situation is synonymous to a death sentence. In developed countries you go see as doctors , nurses and paramedics go dey rush and run helter-skelter to attend to a victim during emergencies in A&E. For naija here dem go just dey waka and yawn like they forced them to do the job.
direct your anger and aggression to your politicians who have refused to improve the healthcare sector.
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by ppogba: 8:02pm On Oct 27, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Haha when I rushed my late dad to the hospital, the doctor used a steth to confirm he was dead on arrival. I asked how he arrived at that conclusion, he said he has no pulse lol. We've seen cases where victims with no heartbeat/pulse are brought back to life through defibrillators or CPR. I begged him to at least try something. The way the doctor just dey sluggish like he was clueless made me lose hope instantly. Our health care system in nigeria is in so much decay. An emergency situation is synonymous to a death sentence. In developed countries you go see as doctors , nurses and paramedics go dey rush and run helter-skelter to attend to a victim during emergencies in A&E. For naija here dem go just dey waka and yawn like they forced them to do the job.

If one does not have a first hand experience, you will not know how much the medical system has decayed really. Similar to your experience, a neighbor of mine rushed his in- law to the hospital by midnight and believe me the young doctor had to tell the man " sir, I am as confused as you are". End of story.
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Moh247: 8:02pm On Oct 27, 2022
i really fear Nigerian Doctors, Nurses and Police
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Omoluabi16(m): 8:03pm On Oct 27, 2022
Timoleon:
Many of you showing empty sympathy online have neighbors whom you overlook every freaking day without rendering any form of assistance or aid but you are here trying to sound politically correct. Let the guy Rest In Peace abeg him don die be say him don die. Our own time Na him still Dey come.
The crux of the matter is that hospitals did not attend to him until they saw money first. That should worry you and everybody else. That nobody is willing to help an accident victim should worry us. Occurrence like this should spark a lasting solution to the problems I mentioned above rather than just dismissing it as a non issue. This thing is much bigger than rico.
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by ppogba: 8:05pm On Oct 27, 2022
The guy is dead. Drunk or not, they should allow him continue his journey to wherever he is headed in peace.

At the same time, whatever the message that his death will teach the living, learn and change where necessary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by fkj950ax(m): 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2022
buygala:
Alcohol isn't the only stuff that gets people high

Dude could have been on a thousand and one drugs, not necessarily alcohol

Or he was distracted by God knows what..Maybe he was pressing phone or somtin

In the absence of any proof of the vehicle's mechanical issues like brake failure, wheel pull or steering lock, dude was the cause of his own death..and it's quite ok that he died alone from his mistake.

Let the dead rest..And nobody should come tell us any cock-and-bull story angry

Exactly.
If he wasn’t drunk or intoxicated on narcotics, they should have been diligent in investigating the cause of the accident. An accident serious enough to push the drive train (engine) into the cab.
The car ran into something at extremely high speed. There is no report of a second car, so it can’t be said another car hit his head on. He couldn’t or didn’t slow down or stop to avoid it.
The word of the Uber driver cannot weigh more than the word of the doctor who said he smelt alcohol since we all want to be making statements. Who do we believe? The family should not start sowing doubts that will lead to further scrutiny that will open more worms.
Furthermore the doctor also referenced a chart or something in the hospital report, not just hearsay or witness accounts.
There was absolutely no reason for the press parley that is just a lousy pissing contest. The deed is done. Let the dead stay in eternal rest. Don’t drag them back to this world again.

The hospitals being blamed and in addition, the entire Nigeria’s healthcare system wouldn’t have saved him if the injuries were severe. That’s a conversation for another day.
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by phemmyfour: 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2022
MT:
Whose report would you believe? A medical practitioner clearly stated that he was smelling of alcohol. Days later, an eye witness appeared with his family to say he didn't perceive any alcohol. It's sounding as a case of laundering his last moment on earth by the family, which was needless because the world has moved on from the case.

To the living, when you drink, pleaaaaaasssseeeeee, do NOT drive!
Comprehension= zero

An eye witness was the Uber man that rescued him. He was the first contact with the deceased even before the medical practitioner
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by fkj950ax(m): 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2022
Omoluabi16:
The crux of the matter is that hospitals did not attend to him until they saw money first. That should worry you and everybody else. That nobody is willing to help an accident victim should worry us. Occurrence like this should spark a lasting solution to the problems I mentioned above rather than just dismissing it as a non issue. This thing is much bigger than rico.

Read the hospital statement. It refutes your comment. You weren’t there to emphatically say they didn’t help him.
From the family’s statement they said nobody came and his phone didn’t ring until later (That’s the first friend or family mentioned) but millions had been deposited by who and when.
Hospital A issued a statement on what they did. (Attend to him)
It’s in the process of going to Hospital B that the stupid video was made.
He passed in Hospital B on an ICU bed.

And you still say today that he wasn’t attended to.
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by RZArecta(m): 8:38pm On Oct 27, 2022
God1000:
I don't know why people don't like helping accident victims in Nigeria.

Our hospitals are also in the habit of rejecting dying people that need urgent medical help, they will ask for money before the treatment thereby resulting in avoidable deaths.

I think something is fundamentally wrong with our country, there's no love at all
Nigeria has a way of severely punishing good Samaritans

1 Like

Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Asour: 8:38pm On Oct 27, 2022
God1000:
I don't know why people don't like helping accident victims in Nigeria.

Our hospitals are also in the habit of rejecting dying people that need urgent medical help, they will ask for money before the treatment thereby resulting in avoidable deaths.

I think something is fundamentally wrong with our country, there's no love at all

Good Samaritans have had bad experiences doing that.

The families of the victims or the authorities become unnecessarily suspicious.

Some have had legal issues as a result.

1 Like

Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by gabbasin(m): 8:42pm On Oct 27, 2022
There are many questions to ask here, The car accident is a lone accident, if he's not under the influence, then why is the crash so fatal? can the crash be linked to tyre burst at high speed? or he lost control due to overspeeding?
Though it's wrong for our hospitals to demand for money when patient in critical situation is rushed in, but what happens in a case a hospital commence treatment but unfortunately the patient doesn't survive? Will the bereaved family still pay the bills before claiming the corpse?

1 Like

Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by fluffybaby(f): 8:42pm On Oct 27, 2022
Nigerian Drs are Satan's secret agents.
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by grandstar(m): 8:45pm On Oct 27, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Did your dad survive that particular event or was that what killed him?
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 27, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Most hospitals in Nigeria don't have defibrillators or CPR.I don't think doctors know it.
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 27, 2022
WibusJaga:

"Rico was drunk" - Hospital
"Rico was not drunk" - Family, Uber Driver
Whose report do we believe now?

Anyway, prevention is always better than cure:
1. If you Drink, Do Not Drive
2. Avoid or Minimise Night Driving
3. Avoid Overspeeding & Cut Down Speed at Night.
An autopsy will reveal the truth.
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
Timoleon:
You don't give what you don't have.I don render financial help with my last money wey I come need money later with no one to assist me.
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by BigBashiru: 8:58pm On Oct 27, 2022
KingAzubuike:

And then they will later blame "bad leaders"

1 Like

Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2022
God1000:
we don't have such emergency services in Nigeria
Check your phone emergency number without a SIM card.
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Comedian2019: 9:00pm On Oct 27, 2022
A country where people value money over human lives is a dangerous place to live.
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by rollandben(m): 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2022
Look at the way they wasted another golden soul due of Bad system of government. When would Nigeria get better
And yet they keep telling us to be saying "God bless Nigeria" when lives and property mean nothing to the government and its people. Its so sad that nothing is working in Nigeria. Such a dead country. Keep resting on Rico.
Just unfortunately that Nigeria had just failed you. RIP
Re: Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness by Emperor88(m): 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2022
Angelfrost:

Nigerians have no humanity left in them...

All we ever do is criticize our leaders whereas most of us are far worse!
You are blessed...I use to tell me people we are not different from the government we curse everyday. The government is a product of the society. A policeman, doctors, nurses
are probably our neighbor/friends or relatives. They are not foreigners, they are Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Aisha Tisha Mohammed, Nollywood Screen Sensation,from Modeling To Movie Set / Nigerian Rapper, Vector Loses Dad / Jamie Foxx Accused Of Groping A Woman At NYC Bar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.