Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,363 members, 7,826,426 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (1118 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 27, 2022
Re: . by frozen70(f): 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2022
HMSQueenElizabe:
Good evening / Ekaale everyone

i am writing to let you know I'm a long time person on this forum but created this account newly to protect myself from spammers as I have deactivated my previous account, I knw is best I give my self advisory but I'm unsettled

I studied Anatomy graduated and I'm presently carrying out National 1yr military/ community service (NYSC) have less than 6months left, I know wat to do but is scary, my friend recently moved abroad as a nurse, the career path has a well established method of moving abroad including medicine where they take PLAB test, but u see anatomy doesn't have such, after studying anatomy in Nigeria u have technically wasted 5yrs, let me also say that I took my first jamb in 2014 with intention to read medicine, got anatomy but cos that's not what I wanted i voluntarily withdrew in 2015 and applied for medicine with new jamb in Unical failed, even with all d huge payments made to ensure I get the course, with no luck, I immediately rushed and continued with anatomy d ff yr and was supposed to graduate in 2019 but strike, slow academic calendar, A course problem thats d schools fault and sadly covid happened, finally graduated in late 2021, registered for Service early 2022, got drafted in June/july, now on d brinks of making a life decision, d event of moving abroad was a life altering experience cos it happened to someone so close to me, It has kind of rekindled d hope of studying nursing or medicine and moving abroad, moving outside d country has been my utmost longing, it was kept under wraps cos it was possible but unlikely cos I have never experienced someone moving abroad and I taught the possibility was gravely unlikely but with this event it changes a lot about my standing, I have been told by family members that it was my mistake that I should have quit even when I know that's not what I wanted, most times when I'm reflecting about my life it looks as though I was jazzed or manipulated all those years that made me not to quit and notice d mistake I was making, its shameful, and of course I'm dealing with the consequences of my actions and is unbearable, I see comments like since" he/she did d crime he /she should do the time(when it comes to rape and murder crimes), I want to make it known dat age is not on my side anymore, I'm in my mid 20s , should I go back to school and study nursing or medicine, or go and do business what's your advisory : I'm greatly depressed

i know this is not the right section to post this, but Humbly Move to Frontline @Seun @Farano @Rocktation
@Dominique

My dear, you have tried and you can still do more if you have the zeal

After service go back to study nursing and of course you Mai start from year two or even year three

The most important thing is who will sponsor you

So if your sponsor is ready then try again through direct entry

There is still time to push your passion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 27, 2022
Re: . by frozen70(f): 6:11am On Oct 28, 2022
HMSQueenElizabe:

5yrs again cry, I am also looking at the change in foreign policy I want t immigrate to that may happen b4 I graduate, I also expect a pandemic outbreak within dat period, ASUU strike, a slow academic calendar although one of coursemate went bk 2 school and is now in 200l wrote jamb immediately after our project, dat is wat I could av done,

God will give you directions

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
Re: . by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 28, 2022
Re: . by frozen70(f): 6:49pm On Oct 28, 2022
HMSQueenElizabe:

If u don't mind how were u able to choose ur path

We have different paths and different dreams

I followed what I wanted in the university and was focused on it and never allowed myself to be distracted

You may follow your nursing because that's what you love

The issue now is if you can get some one that is ready to train you

If you desire to study abroad then, who will sponsor you
Re: . by DBestDoc(f): 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2022
HMSQueenElizabe:

5yrs again cry, I am also looking at the change in foreign policy I want t immigrate to that may happen b4 I graduate, I also expect a pandemic outbreak within dat period, ASUU strike, a slow academic calendar although one of coursemate went bk 2 school and is now in 200l wrote jamb immediately after our project, dat is wat I could av done,

Well, we’re not in competition with anyone actually. Just have that mindset and you’ll be able to retrace and make better decisions when you make mistakes.

Many Young people make that mistake of rushing to study any course thrown at them just to be like their undergraduate friends. After graduation, they discover the course offers them no career path in Nigeria, no employment. Anatomy,physiology,microbiology... these courses have no clear cut relevance in Nigerian health sector except of course you study to phD level for lecturing and research.

You can rewrite your story if you’re determined to. Being in your mid 20s shouldn’t be a barrier ‘cause whether you go back to school or not, you’ll still keep getting older just like every one of us, so why not go back anyways. Nursing isn’t bad, there are multiple routes to becoming a Nurse.

I started medical school in my 20s though. For someone that did WAEC at 16, there was so much pressure to just study any course cos most of my friends were in school already, but i persisted and I’m glad i did. I’m not where i want to be yet, but not bad either.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2022
Re: . by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2022
Re: . by frozen70(f): 3:13pm On Oct 30, 2022
HMSQueenElizabe:

Okay, frozen70 are u d 70th to be frozen whats behind ur moniker

Nothing special, l just like it
Re: . by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2022
HMSQueenElizabe:
Good evening / Ekaale everyone

i am writing to let you know I'm a long time person on this forum but created this account newly to protect myself from spammers as I have deactivated my previous account, I knw is best I give my self advisory but I'm unsettled

I studied Anatomy graduated and I'm presently carrying out National 1yr military/ community service (NYSC) have less than 6months left, I know wat to do but is scary, my friend recently moved abroad as a nurse, the career path has a well established method of moving abroad including medicine where they take PLAB test, but u see anatomy doesn't have such, after studying anatomy in Nigeria u have technically wasted 5yrs, let me also say that I took my first jamb in 2014 with intention to read medicine, got anatomy but cos that's not what I wanted i voluntarily withdrew in 2015 and applied for medicine with new jamb in Unical failed, even with all d huge payments made to ensure I get the course, with no luck, I immediately rushed and continued with anatomy d ff yr and was supposed to graduate in 2019 but strike, slow academic calendar, A course problem thats d schools fault and sadly covid happened, finally graduated in late 2021, registered for Service early 2022, got drafted in June/july, now on d brinks of making a life decision, d event of moving abroad was a life altering experience cos it happened to someone so close to me, It has kind of rekindled d hope of studying nursing or medicine and moving abroad, moving outside d country has been my utmost longing, it was kept under wraps cos it was possible but unlikely cos I have never experienced someone moving abroad and I taught the possibility was gravely unlikely but with this event it changes a lot about my standing, I have been told by family members that it was my mistake that I should have quit even when I know that's not what I wanted, most times when I'm reflecting about my life it looks as though I was jazzed or manipulated all those years that made me not to quit and notice d mistake I was making, its shameful, and of course I'm dealing with the consequences of my actions and is unbearable, I see comments like since" he/she did d crime he /she should do the time(when it comes to rape and murder crimes), I want to make it known dat age is not on my side anymore, I'm in my mid 20s , should I go back to school and study nursing or medicine, or go and do business what's your advisory : I'm greatly depressed

i know this is not the right section to post this, but Humbly Move to Frontline @Seun @Farano @Rocktation
@Dominique

Half -baked graduate, a Nigerian thing! No full stop, no proper use of comma etc. If I may advise, going back to study a medical course, like Nursing Science or Medical Science, shouldn't be your top priority, rather, you need a foundation class in English language.
Re: . by DBestDoc(f): 11:48pm On Oct 31, 2022
HMSQueenElizabe:

So you are a medical doctor, u should japa, UK is a good destination

Yeah, thank you.

(1) (Reply)

How Is An Average Nigerian Surviving This Period / SINNERS (18+) / Nigerians Drag Former GWR Holder, Lata Tondon Over Her Action Following Hilda Ba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.