Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) (18389 Views)

Peter Obi's Response To Soludo's Attack At Lagos Business School (Video) / Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) / Reno Omokri Savagely Replies Follower Who Asked How He Funds His Travels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by biotechshola(m): 10:15am On Oct 28, 2022
And with this response, you're convinced?
This man clearly lacks substance, he's only riding on the emotion of some aggrieved youths.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by xynerise: 10:17am On Oct 28, 2022
Tonye Bacanista is like FFK. Give him food and he will sing you praises. Man gats chop na grin

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by Eleken: 10:19am On Oct 28, 2022
every day you must push this thread to Front Page ...

very bad of you mods...

tribalism won't favour this time...

the same Tinubu that pushed Buhari to you.. is the same Tinubu that promises you new hope.. you open hands to collect it...

haba na

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 28, 2022
vhykeeytor:

Old age has caught up with him just like baba Tinubu and seem old age in Nigeria comes with lying. If I dey lie, ask Lai Mohammed

You get point.

E b like as people get old in Nigeria, they start telling lies.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:21am On Oct 28, 2022
When people say Peter Obi knows importation and not exporting, it sounds funny to me.

The things Peter Obi imported into Africa we're EXPORTED from Europe. That means he is totally grounded in exportation and knows how healthy exporting systems work.
Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 28, 2022
biotechshola:
This man clearly lacks substance, he's only riding on the emotion of some aggrieved youths.

I thought you were smart...

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:22am On Oct 28, 2022
biotechshola:

How does Peter Obi lack substance? You do not make billions legitimately by lacking substance.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by mecuries(m): 10:23am On Oct 28, 2022
Obi doesn't really have a solution to anything....ask him about Banditry,he'd reply 'no job',about hunger,he'd say 'no job',about terrorism, 'no job', about climate changes he'd say 'no job'...the more interviews he grants,the more clueless he becomes....now I see why Tinubu hardly grants those interviews

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:25am On Oct 28, 2022
Kaysalas:

So if Obi already knows that Nigeria produces 75% of the goods he buys, why the "we will move Nigeria from consumption to production" mantra? You guys can defend nonsense

Peter Obi was exporting finished goods to the Nigerian market and with his knowledge, he clearly understands the high demand for raw materials which the manufacturing companies need for these finished goods.

He intends to fill the gap for raw materials.
Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 28, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Peter Obi was exporting finished goods to the Nigerian market and with his knowledge, he clearly understands the high demand for raw materials which the manufacturing companies need for these finished goods.

They will no understand.

Do they know what is involve in manufacturing? Nah them talk say innoson dey do assembly. But Russian cars don't use speedometer at the moment because of sanctions.

Obi will put the right things in place for a productive economy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by begoniaa: 10:30am On Oct 28, 2022

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by tobaaro(m): 10:32am On Oct 28, 2022
It is another high-grade level of impunity to justify criminality with a lack of work. So his argument is that providing jobs of N50k will stop Bandits who make millions per kidnap??

Crime is on the rise and we will need more than 50k jobs to stem it's rise.

It's a shame that Nigerian youths are enchanted by this man. It's our desperation due to a lack of options. Sad

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by begoniaa: 10:34am On Oct 28, 2022
Kaysalas:
So if Obi already knows that Nigeria produces 75% of the goods he buys, why the "we will move Nigeria from consumption to production" mantra? You guys can defend nonsense

Wow. Logic in za mud. If I decided to focus on distributing Nollywood movies, does that mean Nigerians do not consume Hollywood movies in high quantity? grin

Abi what is hard to understand here - you don't know how numbers work? undecided He selling manufactured goods and Nigeria being an importing nation cannot co-exist together?

If anything, he's living by his preachings. He said he's majorly a distributor of manufactured goods here in Nigeria, and that negates the fact we're overwhelmingly a consuming nation of imported goods? That does NOT mean we do not produce some (*few*) things ourselves.

If you're marketing agbo, it means others are not selling juices and imported wines? Mtcheeeewww.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by Jephyard(m): 10:37am On Oct 28, 2022
vhykeeytor:

Old age has caught up with him just like baba Tinubu and seem old age in Nigeria comes with lying. If I dey lie, ask Lai Mohammed

Fact and truth at the same time. I was having same discuss with my dad why do old people tell lies alot in Nigeria. I was like when one get older there is nothing to be afraid of and seen it all and ready to meet his maker, so will live an honest life and leave so many mundane things behind. Instead they become worst as they age. There is a saying a foolish/Dishonest man at 20 will always be foolish/dishonest at 60, for short a liar will always be a liar no matter how high that person climb, you can't run away from yourself.

It high time we take one character very serious, it a peprequisite for good leadership. Certificate should be the least among anything if you want to employ or marry anyone. Character is build over a lifetime while certificate can be gotten anytime, anywhere inshort everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by AgentGoat: 10:40am On Oct 28, 2022
kasonud:
I watched the interview life, Obi was on point,

Arise crew also challenges Tinubu to grant a live interview.

You don't know the difference between life and live?
Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by gbaskiboy: 10:40am On Oct 28, 2022
Freethinker87:

Below is the full interview and transcript from the cut-and-join section TonyeBarcanista posted earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBX_9gpyqKg?t=1988

First, let us note that this section of the interview was about security and the menace of banditry.

We begin at 33:09

FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE SECTION OF ARISE INTERVIEW WITH PETER OBI @TONYEBARCANISTA POSTED

Rufai: OK, but Mr Peter Obi, it is not as easy as you just said it is. Should I tell you why? Because you have to buy more guns to fight the bandits that don't make people farm on the farmlands, to fight the bandits that killed 100 farmers in Zababare, to fight the legacy issues of infrastructure that would inhibit production, and a lot of people keep asking, you keep talking about production but as a businessman you used to import a lot into this country, those are some of the things they hold against you. You talk about production but you're a big net importer into this country. And, how will you solve those legacy issues? That's why we talked about security.

Peter Obi cuts in...

Peter Obi: Let me tell you, I talked about security, let me tell you, Rufai. I've been going around this country. I've visited 5 prisons and I can invite you to go to one with me. I sat down with some when I went into a prison, there were 1000 people and I interviewed 100.

Why were you involved in kidnapping?
I have no job!
Why were you involved in cultism?
I have no job!
Why were you involved in kidnapping?
I have no job!

[s]And I said to them, how much were you paid in the last operation? Rufai, you won't believe it, N30,000, N25,000, N100,000. What this shows is that if these people can have a steady income of N50,000, they won't be involved in that.[/s] The more you pull people out of poverty, I've said repeatedly, the more you reduce criminality. We have these things in Brazil. I can show you countries where it has been practised. All these agitations and criminality were all over the place in Brazil until Brazil decided to do what I am telling you now, investing in these people. It means these things I'm going to do is going to reduce this criminality because they will be part of the farmers earning income. Today bandits are taking 8 local Governments in Niger state, I'm telling you if you put money in the farther land of Niger state, you'll reduce them by 50%. Because they've found something they're doing that'll give them money. What else do they want?

Rufai cuts in....

Rufai:
You talked about Brazil, are you going to do social investment because it is under .....(Inaudible - PO and Rufai were speaking at the same time)

Peter Obi: I might not, I will do a combination of everything. There's a combination of everything. You're not going to do one straight thing. It's a combination of everything that will say, we are going to pull these people out of poverty, because the more we do it, so we deal with those legacy issues. On the issue of what my importation is, let me tell you what I did and I'll like to refer to Reuben cos I've known Reuben for over 30 years. Go and ask anybody what my business is, that is what I even studied. If you go and read what I studied at Harvard, it's market-to-market management. I'm marketing, I'm a distributor. Go and ask Coca-Cola, they're in Nigeria, ask other people as at the time I was in business, I was one of their biggest distributors. It's like seeing Walmart, Walmart today sells goods from Vietnam, India, etc but they don't manufacture them. My job is not to manufacture, although I invested in manufacturing companies too, my job is distribution so I distribute. When I was doing business, less than a quarter, 25% of what I sell are imported goods, the rest are manufactured goods. It's a mixture so that when you go into the supermarket, you'll see local products and others. And, I was productive.

We stopped at 37:12

TonyeBarcanista, we understand your desperation and you're truly deserving of our pity. What else can you do when your party don't have anything to campaign with?
Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by Kaysalas(m): 10:46am On Oct 28, 2022
begoniaa:

Wow. Logic in za mud. If I decided to focus on distributing Nollywood movies, does that mean Nigerians do not consume Hollywood movies in high quantity? grin

Abi what is hard to understand here - you don't know how numbers work? undecided He selling manufactured goods and Nigeria being an importing nation cannot co-exist together?

If anything, he's living by his preachings. He said he's majorly a distributor of manufactured goods here in Nigeria, and that negates the fact we're overwhelmingly a consuming nation of imported goods? That does NOT mean we do not produce some (*few*) things ourselves.

If you're marketing agbo, it means others are not selling juices and imported wines? Mtcheeeewww.
It's obvious you lack basic comprehension skills, now run along, I don't roll with your sorts
Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by begoniaa: 10:46am On Oct 28, 2022
Freethinker87:
Can you imagine the thought process of a full-grown adult?

Agbalagba o. Shame catch me, I swear. grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by Kaysalas(m): 10:49am On Oct 28, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

This seem a bit plausible as you are making a bit of sense. But considered objectively, you will agree with me that the moving from consumption to production mantra is immediately rendered foolish if his only defense is that he only imports 25% of his wares, thereby locally sourcing the remaining 75%. You can't be locally sourcing 75% of your wares and be shouting from consumption to production. I hope you will see this without being blinded by sentiments. Cheers
Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by begoniaa: 10:49am On Oct 28, 2022
Kaysalas:
It's obvious you lack basic comprehension skills, now run along, I don't roll with your sorts

Na so now. grin grin

Next thing is to go through my profile and whip up the "age" card.

Be like say e don tey wey you leave university. But no worry, I'll respectfully help you warm and heat that dead brain of yours - statistics is still fresh in my head. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:52am On Oct 28, 2022
Kaysalas:

This seem a bit plausible as you are making a bit of sense. But considered objectively, you will agree with me that the moving from consumption to production mantra is immediately rendered foolish if his only defense is that he only imports 25% of his wares, thereby locally sourcing the remaining 75%. You can't be locally sourcing 75% of your wares and be shouting from consumption to production. I hope you will see this without being blinded by sentiments. Cheers

You are missing the point. Peter Obi is pointing out that we have the capacity to export on a large scale. Peter Obi is not the only market for Nigeria. He is pointing out that we can meet higher demands.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by begoniaa: 10:53am On Oct 28, 2022
Kaysalas:

Two facts can coexist together, otele. undecided

He can source for 75% of his own locally-produced goods in a country that imports most of its goods.

(90% of crimes are committed by men ≠ 90% of men are criminals).

Apply the same logic here.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:56am On Oct 28, 2022
Kaysalas:

Peter Obi says he sources 75% of his goods from our market. Meaning he can boost our capacity by raising the demand for our goods by making people source for them here.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by Kaysalas(m): 10:57am On Oct 28, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
When people say Peter Obi knows importation and not exporting, it sounds funny to me.

The things Peter Obi imported into Africa we're EXPORTED from Europe. That means he is totally grounded in exportation and knows how healthy exporting systems work.
Did you really just typed that? Who imports and doesn't know about export? Stop making silly excuses. Show us proof of who told you such. Make Una nor dey cap for us abeg
Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by rajiedreez: 10:58am On Oct 28, 2022
So to you this is the best answer to the question
Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:59am On Oct 28, 2022
Kaysalas:

Did you really just typed that? Who imports and doesn't know about export? Stop making silly excuses. Show us proof of who told you such. Make Una nor dey cap for us abeg

Peter Obi was a large-scale importer to Africa.

Meaning, he exported these goods from the shores of Europe.

Meaning he is highly experienced in exportation.

So, which part do you disagree with?
Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by Kaysalas(m): 11:01am On Oct 28, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

You are missing the point. Peter Obi is pointing out that we have the capacity to export on a large scale. Peter Obi is not the only market for Nigeria. He is pointing out that we can meet higher demands.
Stop putting words in his mouth. He never said anything about export. If he did, tell us the time stamp. You guys can defend nonsense I swear. Chai! The interview we all watched? Please, tell us the time stamp he said all these revisionist theories of yours
Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by Kaysalas(m): 11:03am On Oct 28, 2022
begoniaa:

Two facts can coexist together, otele. undecided

He can source for 75% of his own locally-produced goods in a country that imports most of its goods.

(90% of crimes are committed by men ≠ 90% of men are criminals).

Apply the same logic here.

I already told you to go look for your types.
Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by begoniaa: 11:04am On Oct 28, 2022
biotechshola:

Oh. Now it's that his response is not convincing enough for you?

But you agree a falsehood, a cut-and-join video was posted by TonyeBarcanista, deliberately misleading the public about him? undecided

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by 1972xy: 11:05am On Oct 28, 2022
This one na senior ipob 419.....
Person go lie so tay ,his mouth go de commont blood. No
Re: Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) by SmartyPants(m): 11:06am On Oct 28, 2022
The earlier thread was quite unfair and misleading.

However, the question remains unanswered. It was, "how do you intend to take Nigeria from consumption to production?"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Benue: Fr. Alia Takes Campaign To Governor Ortom’s Local Government / Alleged N30tr Missing Under Okonjo-iwela Impossible! - Ribadu. / NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.