Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road (1063 Views)

Commuters Use Rope To Wade Through Flooded Road In Bayelsa To Link Rivers State / Flying From Abuja To Port Harcourt: Nairalander Observation: Pictures & Video / Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Bina33(m): 8:25pm On Oct 27, 2022
DIARY OF MY ROAD TRIP FROM BAYELSA TO PH.
27/10/2022

ADVICE:Unless it’s extremely important no need to embark on the journey.
Don’t dress too serious please.

1.My journey started from Tombia Edepie Park.Yenagoa.
I Boarded a small car #1,000Naira to Mbiama Bridge area.

2.Boarded a 6(Six)tyre tipper for #2,000naira.

NB:We have 10 tyre and 12 tyre tippers making the trip also but I advice 6tyre cause the crowd is lesser,I think about 50 persons.

3.We proceeded on the journey with the common slang among passengers ‘Hold something’ due to Lots of shaking on the tipper because of the road.
Some passengers were standing and some seated.

4.We finally got to the baddest spot where tippers normally stop ✋,I think around Okugbe according to some persons.We have speed boats,local canoes and Navy speed boat on the area.

Local boat =#300naira
Speed boat=#500 Naira
Navy boat I think free but could not wait.

5.Boarded the speed boat paid #500Naira and we crossed to Ahoada.

Bus=#500Naira to Rumokoro
Small car=#1,000naira to Rumokoro
I used a small car cause it Carries lesser persons,no time to waste.

It was an adventurous journey,the flood is gradually receding and I believe soonest the roads will be free.If it’s very important to travel you can travel at your own Risk however.

Total money spent=4,500Naira

Total time of journey was 4:00hrs

I Arrived safely without any issues.Thanks my people.Mr Bina33 cares.

Will drop pictures if comments are making sense.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Cutehector(m): 8:36pm On Oct 27, 2022
For those who plan to travel this christmas,

Pls there is no need to travel. Just stay one place.
Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Samfloxin(m): 8:51pm On Oct 27, 2022
Must be very stressful journey
Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by budaatum: 9:17pm On Oct 27, 2022
Photos. Please.
Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Bina33(m): 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2022
Samfloxin:
Must be very stressful journey

Yes ,very stressful
Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Bina33(m): 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2022
budaatum:
Photos. Please.

On it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Bina33(m): 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
Pix 1-3

Boarding a small car from Yenagoa-Tombia edepie park to mbiama.

Pix are so large trying to lessen the MB size

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Bina33(m): 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2022
Pix 4-9

Arrival at mbiama,Baording of 6 Tyre tipper used to carry sand for the journey ahead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Bina33(m): 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2022
More pix of passengers boarding the tipper..

Stay glued

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by youngsahito(m): 10:41pm On Oct 27, 2022
Tipper as a means of transportation and some Igbos pigs will open their stinking mouth criticising Lagos State govt meanwhile na Tipper be their best bus while traveling.
Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Bina33(m): 10:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
youngsahito:
Tipper as a means of transportation and some Igbos pigs will open their stinking mouth criticising Lagos State govt meanwhile na Tipper be their best bus while traveling.

Tipper is used because of the floods,will post pictures.Roads are covered totally,even hilux can not pass.I work in port harcourt and my time for resumption is today otherwise wouldn’t have gone..

3 Likes

Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by 24SEVEN: 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2022
Bina33:

Tipper is used because of the floods,will post pictures.Roads are covered totally,even hilux can not pass.I work in port harcourt and my time for resumption is today otherwise wouldn’t have gone..

Wow. Abeg you know that fine girl?? grin

Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Bina33(m): 11:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
24SEVEN:

Wow. Abeg you know that fine girl?? grin

Lol lol,I don’t know her but she fine sha��

1 Like

Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by KingBosco(m): 11:00am On Oct 28, 2022
Following
Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Bina33(m): 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2022
The journey started,the water level is reducing but still very much high.

Lots of tankers and other heavy trucks are broken down on the road..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Bina33(m): 2:43pm On Oct 28, 2022
More pictures

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by kozmicity: 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2022
Bina33:
DIARY OF MY ROAD TRIP FROM BAYELSA TO PH.
27/10/2022

ADVICE:Unless it’s extremely important no need to embark on the journey.
Don’t dress too serious please.

1.My journey started from Tombia Edepie Park.Yenagoa.
I Boarded a small car #1,000Naira to Mbiama Bridge area.

2.Boarded a 6(Six)tyre tipper for #2,000naira.

NB:We have 10 tyre and 12 tyre tippers making the trip also but I advice 6tyre cause the crowd is lesser,I think about 50 persons.

3.We proceeded on the journey with the common slang among passengers ‘Hold something’ due to Lots of shaking on the tipper because of the road.
Some passengers were standing and some seated.

4.We finally got to the baddest spot where tippers normally stop ✋,I think around Okugbe according to some persons.We have speed boats,local canoes and Navy speed boat on the area.

Local boat =#300naira
Speed boat=#500 Naira
Navy boat I think free but could not wait.

5.Boarded the speed boat paid #500Naira and we crossed to Ahoada.

Bus=#500Naira to Rumokoro
Small car=#1,000naira to Rumokoro
I used a small car cause it Carries lesser persons,no time to waste.

It was an adventurous journey,the flood is gradually receding and I believe soonest the roads will be free.If it’s very important to travel you can travel at your own Risk however.

Total money spent=4,500Naira

Total time of journey was 4:00hrs

I Arrived safely without any issues.Thanks my people.Mr Bina33 cares.

Will drop pictures if comments are making sense.
Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by kozmicity: 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
Bina33:
Pix 1-3

Boarding a small car from Yenagoa-Tombia edepie park to mbiama.

Pix are so large trying to lessen the MB size

Good evening op. Do you think I would be able to get transported to Warri through this means?
Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Bina33(m): 8:22pm On Oct 28, 2022
kozmicity:

Good evening op. Do you think I would be able to get transported to Warri through this means?

Yes,but ugheli /Evwen /Warri journey is boat and the journey cost 9k
Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by kozmicity: 9:48am On Oct 29, 2022
Bina33:

Yes,but ugheli /Evwen /Warri journey is boat and the journey cost 9k

Thank you op. One wore question... Is the cost of transportation dependent on the type of watercraft used? e.g is canoe cheaper than speedboat?
Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 29, 2022
kozmicity:

Thank you op. One wore question... Is the cost of transportation dependent on the type of watercraft used? e.g is canoe cheaper than speedboat?
una questions sef, abi u wan use canoe travel interstate?
Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by kozmicity: 11:40am On Oct 29, 2022
Japhet04:
una questions sef, abi u wan use canoe travel interstate?

grin Nope, but people for don run am before.
Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Bina33(m): 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2022
kozmicity:

Please go for a speed boat,canoe is not very safe
Re: My Flood Diary Travel From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt Via Road by Bina33(m): 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2022
Boat time on the Road along Okogbe linking Ahoada.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

American Dv Lottery That Comes With Free Ticket / Nairalanders In Edinburgh / Travel Oversea With Visa Free Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.