Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens (20293 Views)

Two ISWAP Fighters Pose Like Niggaz For Camera After Surrendering / Troops Arrest Suspected ISWAP Terrorist In Lagos Axis / Suspected ISWAP Members Kill Two Soldiers, Policeman And Threatens Nigeria Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by olasquare: 7:49am On Oct 28, 2022
I have faith in our security system. There is no need infusing panic on the public. To what end and agenda is that? Nigeria is capable of containing any security threats bar corruption
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by whitemand4(m): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2022
MITCHELL96:
This country sef, look at how it's easy for illiterate to terrorise this country! angry angry

Boko Haram that came out in 2009, up till today, nothing has been done. If this was US, Boko Haram will not last up to 3 days.

Just kill there sponsors simple
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by timay1: 7:53am On Oct 28, 2022
teekrackz:

I believe the Nigerian agencies didn’t want to cause panic among Nigerians hence the silence but US has nothing to lose by escalating the issue

I don't like how the FG handles security sometimes, but I agree with you in this.

If there's a terrorist threat in the US, the US govt, will never alert the general public but will work underground to avert the situation.
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by dfrost: 7:55am On Oct 28, 2022
teekrackz:

I believe the Nigerian agencies didn’t want to cause panic among Nigerians hence the silence but US has nothing to lose by escalating the issue

You inform your citizens of high profilic areas and likely targets.

It weakens the terror strike by the those planning the attack.

What panic are they avoiding?
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Bizibi(m): 7:55am On Oct 28, 2022
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

I agree with you. Instead of them to humbly go to the US and beg them to tell them how they came about that intelligence, they will be doing yen yen yen yen, maybe arresting even innocent people in their bid to prove they are working. Just see the embarrassing Kuje prison break that happened over hours in FCT o! Nansense.
dss know everything that is going on,the main problem is from the president. I remember that interview on channels tv when the retired commodore said security agencies always wait for orders from the c in c but the body language of the present c in c is not encouraging.

1 Like

Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by 9gerian: 7:55am On Oct 28, 2022
Seems the US deliberately let the cat out of the bag to motivate the Nigerian government and security apparatus to do their jobs properly. They may have been sharing security updates before now.

They obviously don’t trust Nigeria to do much if they didn’t make the information open. The gloves are off.

teekrackz:

3 Likes

Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by dfrost: 7:57am On Oct 28, 2022
timay1:

I don't like how the FG handles security sometimes, but I agree with you in this.

If there's a terrorist threat in the US, the US govt, will never alert the general public but will work underground to avert the situation.

Their system and ours ain't the same.

Let's do what works for us.

Underground and above ground, which one works for us sef?
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by deltateam: 7:57am On Oct 28, 2022
Manny21:
You don't need to broadcast their arrests. Kill the idiots secretly before their members will start kidnapping for exchange and it will be back to square one.

Let's hope they don't target Dss itself.
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by dfrost: 7:58am On Oct 28, 2022
9gerian:
Seems the US deliberately let the cat out of the bag to motivate the Nigerian government and security apparatus to do their jobs properly. They may have been sharing security updates before now.

They obviously don’t trust Nigeria to do much if they didn’t make the information open. The gloves are off.

I agree with you on this.
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by dfrost: 7:59am On Oct 28, 2022
Manny21:
You don't need to broadcast their arrests. Kill the idiots secretly before their members will start kidnapping for exchange and it will be back to square one.

Exactly my point. You don't want to publicise the situation but shout when arrests are made.
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by eldoradoxx: 8:00am On Oct 28, 2022
These people, always planning how to murder people as an offering to their version of Allah. God forbid bad thing. I rather remain a pagan than worship any god that can be appease with the murder of innocent people.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Deeprooted: 8:08am On Oct 28, 2022
Order from above will get them released
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by ludd2018: 8:08am On Oct 28, 2022
A plan for them to attack Dss detention facility to harm MNK . This is a terrorist government . Release MNK before this una planned madness
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by tnerro1(m): 8:18am On Oct 28, 2022
So USA soilders are now arresting people in Nigeria/Abuja.

See wetin APC has turned Nigeria to

Anyway , thanks to USA
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by faoogoke(m): 8:20am On Oct 28, 2022
Mumu security agencies!

Before you know it the bastards will organise a high profile kidnap and demand the release of their colleagues.

We are too gentle with these bastards the reason why they thrive.

Human rights should be suspended when dealing with them. They deserve no mercy!
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by SamOchuko: 8:20am On Oct 28, 2022
teekrackz:

Source: https://punchng.com/fg-detains-35-suspected-iswap-fighters-tension-heightens/?amp

You guys were on their trail before the foreign powers gave out the security alert? So why didn’t you make any arrest b4 they gave the notice? Nigeria security agencies and their always reacting to events, they’re never proactive, always reactive, I hope and pray you take out all these terrorist cause they don’t mean well for us, God bless Nigeria and it’s well meaning citizens
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by MDK777: 8:28am On Oct 28, 2022
Antyislam:
We learn MURIC now recrute Yoruba Muslims into terorism
CongratFor Your Discoveries
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by 1saed: 8:32am On Oct 28, 2022
Dont worry, they will soon be set free

Thats how much we know this govt
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by youngreezy(m): 8:34am On Oct 28, 2022
MITCHELL96:
This country sef, look at how it's easy for illiterate to terrorise this country! angry angry

Boko Haram that came out in 2009, up till today, nothing has been done. If this was US, Boko Haram will not last up to 3 days.

it's politics bro trust me on this one,the security pesronels are the terrorists themselves, I'm working at airfoce base and with the kind of sophisticated weapons and fighter jets I saw there eh and you tell me they can't defeat a group of illiterate aboki with guns? somebody is making huge amount of money hence the prolonged war
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by MDK777: 8:36am On Oct 28, 2022
The Early You Realise The Criminality And HIPoCraCY Of This YeYe US And The So Call British Or What Ever The Better For You All. The Nig DSS Will Now Start Arrestin InOCent People Here And There While The Real Terrorist Are HiJackIn Our Government. Let Me Tell You All ,No Terrorist Will Strike ABJ Now Until After 2023 Presidential Election
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by zolajpower: 8:36am On Oct 28, 2022
ibechris:
It was further learnt that the intelligence agencies had been on the trail of the insurgents before the US and the British High Commission issued security alerts last Sunday, warning their citizens about impending terrorist attacks

I don't agree with this bolded statement.
This is how they would be lying to citizen here and there. If not the US,we could have just been fooled thinking we are secured in this country.
Very true about this statement it just reminds me about the kuje prison attack the Dss was still on the trail too then boom they bloodletters struck now this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by MITCHELL96: 8:39am On Oct 28, 2022
youngreezy:
it's politics bro trust me on this one,the security pesronels are the terrorists themselves, I'm working at airfoce base and with the kind of sophisticated weapons and fighter jets I saw there eh and you tell me they can't defeat a group of illiterate aboki with guns? somebody is making huge amount of money hence the prolonged war

Can you Imagine? embarassed

I just weep for this country.
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by zolajpower: 8:39am On Oct 28, 2022
teekrackz:

Which "didn't want to panic" ? Have u forgotten this was how they didn't want us to panic and we were told they issued warnings about the kuje prison attack and In the end the bloodletting vamp struck

2 Likes

Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Igbojew: 8:47am On Oct 28, 2022
Story people Buhari and his Fulani Brothers in government will release very soon and claim they were just suspect..No Buhari again..............I am that Igbo Jew the table shaker
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Mayeldah(m): 8:51am On Oct 28, 2022
ClassicMan202:
Thanks to the US....

Nigeria.... Always reactive, not proactive.

Who would have ever thought we will still be battling with insurgency with a retired General as president. But alas even the nation's capital is not safe.

That your military general who is the president is a Boko Haram sponsor. You should know this by now.
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Igbojew: 8:51am On Oct 28, 2022
ibechris:
It was further learnt that the intelligence agencies had been on the trail of the insurgents before the US and the British High Commission issued security alerts last Sunday, warning their citizens about impending terrorist attacks

I don't agree with this bolded statement.
This is how they would be lying to citizen here and there. If not the US,we could have just been fooled thinking we are secured in this country.
Buhari and his people think they can deceive the whole Nigerians.People Buhari and his people will pardon very soon citing that they are just suspect................I am that Igbo Jew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Meedass(m): 8:55am On Oct 28, 2022
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by bdon123(m): 8:55am On Oct 28, 2022
Antyislam:
We learn MURIC now recrute Yoruba Muslims into terorism
Bro na wah o,even though i dont like d way that muric illiterate professor keeps causing commotion wit stupid idiotic utterances,bt wtf... which kind yarn be this one na.
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by bdon123(m): 8:57am On Oct 28, 2022
ClassicMan202:
Thanks to the US....

Nigeria.... Always reactive, not proactive.

Who would have ever thought we will still be battling with insurgency with a retired General as president. But alas even the nation's capital is not safe.
That Olodo retired general wey sabi bark bt cant bite.useless old man that destroyed my country

1 Like

Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by slimmoney(m): 9:01am On Oct 28, 2022
so for this one mind now with him wide kpomo mouth person go see am and he no go recognize am?

Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Mayeldah(m): 9:03am On Oct 28, 2022
olasquare:
I have faith in our security system. There is no need infusing panic on the public. To what end and agenda is that? Nigeria is capable of containing any security threats bar corruption

APC member and a Muslim spotted.
Same way Nigeria was capable and over 100 people was kidnapped from a train and held hostage for over 6 months?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Officers Harass A Man, Extort N300k From Him (Photos) / Man Shot Dead In Ado Ekiti (Graphic Photo) / 12-Year-Old Primary School Pupil Allegedly Commits Suicide In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.