Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,634 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens (20311 Views)

Two ISWAP Fighters Pose Like Niggaz For Camera After Surrendering / Troops Arrest Suspected ISWAP Terrorist In Lagos Axis / Suspected ISWAP Members Kill Two Soldiers, Policeman And Threatens Nigeria Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Krepwis: 9:05am On Oct 28, 2022
If its true then security alert issued by the US and Uk authorities may have some elements of truth ohhhhh smiley
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by MDK777: 9:05am On Oct 28, 2022
How Sure Are You That They Are ISWAP Members, You CanT Detain An ISWAP Members Just Like That Without IsWaP BlowinG Up Your FuCKING AssHolE Country
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Tinubuagbado: 9:06am On Oct 28, 2022
You call TERRORISTS fighters but quick to call IPOB protesters TERRORISTS.
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by lamstands(m): 9:10am On Oct 28, 2022
If the American government didn't issue any warning, that is how this guy's would have successfully carried out their plans in which lives would be lost.
Come to think about it, I am shocked liying Mohammad could run his mouth on air saying the American government are coursing panic.
I wonder why Buhari still keep such a man in his government
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by fof1: 9:12am On Oct 28, 2022
ibechris:
It was further learnt that the intelligence agencies had been on the trail of the insurgents before the US and the British High Commission issued security alerts last Sunday, warning their citizens about impending terrorist attacks

I don't agree with this bolded statement.
This is how they would be lying to citizen here Asand there. If not the US,we could have just been fooled thinking we are secured in this country.

Pls What do you know about Counter intelligence Operations...to Question the Bolded Lines? Aside Political and Religious Complicity...The INTELLIGENCE Agencies are really Working on Tech based Counter Offensives and Coupled with Friendly US/UK support, we will Overcome these Murderers,Pls.
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Masterito(m): 9:21am On Oct 28, 2022
They have been on thier trail but didn't make any arrest till the US coughed.
teekrackz:

I believe the Nigerian agencies didn’t want to cause panic among Nigerians hence the silence but US has nothing to lose by escalating the issue
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by ibechris(m): 9:25am On Oct 28, 2022
fof1:

Pls What do you know about Counter intelligence Operations...to Question the Bolded Lines? Aside Political and Religious Complicity...The INTELLIGENCE Agencies are really Working on Tech based Counter Offensives and Coupled with Friendly US/UK support, we will Overcome these Murderers,Pls.

The Americans who announced it and took their people away from Nigerian arents fools for saying it because they know the the number of lives that would be saved rather than keeping quiet.
I still do not believe in this govt when it comes to safety of lives and properties.

A country that is fighting something as grave as terrorism should not joke with peoples lives by keeping quiet especially around populated areas.
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Karnice600: 9:40am On Oct 28, 2022
Jakumo:

Islamic terror has its roots far beyond the boundaries of Nigerian territory. The overthrow of Libyan Strongman Moamar Ghadafi triggered instability in Libya as various heavily armed paramilitary groups previously all paid by, and loyal to Ghadafi, splintered into warring factions.

Infantry weapons and materiel looted from armories of the collapsed Libyan regime filtered out across porous land borders, and inexorably wound up in the hands of West Africa's regional Al Queda terrorist affiliates, namely Boko Haham and ISWAP. While opportunistic Nigerian politicians may also constitute a minor augmentative factor explaining the persistence of Islamic terror attacks in Nigeria, the role of EXTERNAL terror networks cannot be overemphasized.
Well, you have a point there but…
Understand that even a stabilized Libya with Ghaddafi, was a huge threat to the non Islamic communities in West Africa. That guy had been pushing weapons through Northern Nigerian borders for long, with oil money. What we have now is child’s play compared to if he were alive.
So many ignorant folks always tow that line, that Ghadaffi was an African Savior.
Look at what is happening in Abuja before our very nose. If the US Forces have informations about our terrain that we weren’t aware of, how then would a Nigerian assertively doubt US’ claims that Ghadaffi, on a distant Libyan soil, far away from Nigeria, was a Jihadist mover and sponsor?
Lai Mohammed came up earlier to debunk this Abuja security alert by the West, just like Putin debunked the US claims that he’ll invade Ukraine and we can all see the outcome.
Somebody wey get eyes to view details for distant galaxies, na that same person we think say e no get eyes to view our backyard? I no wan even talk of intercepted phone calls, with speech recognition and translators. Add those up with inputs from undercover agents…mehn, lets fogerrit

2 Likes

Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Karnice600: 9:51am On Oct 28, 2022
MDK777:
The Early You Realise The Criminality And HIPoCraCY Of This YeYe US And The So Call British Or What Ever The Better For You All. The Nig DSS Will Now Start Arrestin InOCent People Here And There While The Real Terrorist Are HiJackIn Our Government. Let Me Tell You All ,No Terrorist Will Strike ABJ Now Until After 2023 Presidential Election

Who dey mix up letter cases like this?
This looks much like a Yaba left something .
Last I checked Nairaland doesn’t do sanity checks on sign up, so it is what it is.
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Billygee2u: 9:55am On Oct 28, 2022
UselessBuharist:
All thanks to the US agencies for alerting the Nigeria public, it would have been business as usual and thousands would have been killed and this government will look the other way as usual

1 Like

Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by faceland: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2022
teekrackz:

I believe the Nigerian agencies didn’t want to cause panic among Nigerians hence the silence but US has nothing to lose by escalating the issue

It has always been that way. It's just that t got media coverage recently.

If you research "Nigerian Visa" with a USA IP-address, they would always warn you that you could be kidnapped (don't travel except it is too important).
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Winning123: 10:34am On Oct 28, 2022
The next mayhem may not likely due to terrorist or bandits but you Igbos and IPOD on social media fanning embers of hate and disunity, attacking other religious groups and tribes

Antyislam:
We learn MURIC now recrute Yoruba Muslims into terorism
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by biguncle2(m): 10:59am On Oct 28, 2022
teekrackz:

The way they didn’t want to cause panic when Kuje was attacked right?

1 Like

Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by enonche85(m): 12:10pm On Oct 28, 2022
teekrackz:

i think its better that they escalated the issue because we all know how nonchalant this our govt are. Escalating it will make them act more serious about it. That was how our govt acted nonchalant until an army check point was attacked some months back when boko boys treatened to kidnap buhari and co during the kuje jail beak.
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Donwis05: 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2022
DSS detinins suspected ISWAP fighters... The moment its confirmed they are ISWAP fighters, DSS will release hem, recruit most of them into Nigerian army while others will be flown abroad for employment...
APC/buhari, government of terrorists, for terrorists and by terrorists
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Offpointng: 1:33pm On Oct 28, 2022
timay1:

I don't like how the FG handles security sometimes, but I agree with you in this.

If there's a terrorist threat in the US, the US govt, will never alert the general public but will work underground to avert the situation.

The US never alerted the public, they probably saw our Security operatives were reluctant and thus decided to warn their citizens here in Nigeria. any wrong done by doing that?

1 Like

Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by click2stan(m): 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2022
why are we not seeing their faces?
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by timay1: 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2022
Offpointng:

The US never alerted the public, they probably saw our Security operatives were reluctant and thus decided to warn their citizens here in Nigeria. any wrong done by doing that?

You're right. Massive evacuation of embassy staff members and their families is not something that could be kept silent. It was bound to get to the general public

1 Like

Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Offpointng: 3:25pm On Oct 28, 2022
timay1:

You're right. Massive evacuation of embassy staff members and their families is not something that could be kept silent. It was bound to get to the general public

Doesn't show a good sign at all. same way they were evacuating Ukraine months bfr the war and people were like nothing is gonna happen, Putin wouldn't dare bla bla then the war came as a surprise

They probably are seeing what we are not but may God help Nigeria
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2022
click2stan:
why are we not seeing their faces?

Because it is a Secret Service
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by Grandemperor(m): 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2022
MITCHELL96:

Then we need a competent president that can tackle this issue, this is a small issue for a great country like Nigeria. Now who do you think is capable of this?

I'm asking you this question just to know if we're in same spirit.
Have you ever heard of ''citizen's arrest''? Tell me the part of Nigeria you reside, and I will expatiate.
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by MDK777: 4:21pm On Oct 28, 2022
Karnice600:

Who dey mix up letter cases like this?
This looks much like a Yaba left something .
Last I checked Nairaland doesn’t do sanity checks on sign up, so it is what it is.
DonKey Is That Your Problem?
Re: DSS Detains 35 Suspected ISWAP Fighters, Tension Heightens by olasquare: 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2022
Mayeldah:

APC member and a Muslim spotted.
Same way Nigeria was capable and over 100 people was kidnapped from a train and held hostage for over 6 months?

What is wrong in being a Muslim or an APC member?

It is sad many of you lack critical thinking, and with your antagonizing and polarized mindset ruining the chances of your acclaimed messiah. I should clear you that none of the 3 main contenders is a messiah of Nigeria. Whoever wins, the same issues we confront daily about Nigeria is what will continue based on certain conditions no one is willing to resolve about Nigeria. This said, I am a nigerian blood and soul. And I will do everything to keep this country. No place like home. We have our shortcomings as a nation yet we are not thrash to any other nation.

Note: I am not even a politician. Never a member of any political party. Criticized both the PDP & APC when I have to cos I only want a fair and working Nigeria not a political and polarized nation. Though have minor leaning towards Tinubu, but he is one of those I criticized most when I spot something unpleasant to my ideology of how things should work. Lastly, I am not even a muslim but I don't have religious prejudice like you. Your prejudices are so large that it beclouds your judgment yet you claim to be fair. If a Muslim made the same comment as you did, I am sure you and others like you will cry fowl that they want to Islamize nigeria, whereas you are here casting aspersions on their religion in a subtle manner. Everyone must not agree with your candidate or party. Life needs a balance. And to get it we all have to come in different colours. Speak your mind without prejudices to anyone's faith or decision or party. A typical American or European will only agree with what their security forces say or publish. I chose to be a Nigerian. So deal with it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imo Police Kill Martins Nwoke, Dismissed Sergeant In Gun Battle Over Kidnapping / Love Portion: Native Doctor Jailed For Duping 72-year Old Woman (pic) / Nigerian Man "Toluwani" Schooling In Canada Declared Missing By Family.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.