Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,492 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Power Of Praying And Singing Unto God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Power Of Praying And Singing Unto God (285 Views)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble / What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince / Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Of Praying And Singing Unto God by tfrancis(m): 9:24am On Oct 28, 2022
"But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns unto God, and the prisoners were listening to them; and suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison-house were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened; and every one’s bands were loosed.
Acts 16:25‭-‬26 ASV
"

There is power in praying and singing unto God in righteousness. When you believe in Jesus, the Son of God, victory is sure as you call unto him.

God is wonderful. He can because of you, liberate others around you as he blessed Portipha's house because of Joseph, delivered others in prison because of Paul and Silas.

God is amazing and caring. Nothing is impossible for him to do.

So what do you say?
Just Accept and believe him.
If you believe, you will see the glory of God.

1 Like

Re: Power Of Praying And Singing Unto God by Kobojunkie: 2:50am On Oct 30, 2022
tfrancis:
1. There is power in praying and singing unto God in righteousness. When you believe in Jesus, the Son of God, victory is sure as you call unto him.

2. God is wonderful. He can because of you, liberate others around you as he blessed Portipha's house because of Joseph, delivered others in prison because of Paul and Silas. God is amazing and caring. Nothing is impossible for him to do. So what do you say? Just Accept and believe him. If you believe, you will see the glory of God.
1. I am well aware of this famous doctrine which claims that God is moved by praying and singing, and this particular passage in acts is sighted the majority of the time as evidence of this claim but there is a problem with this. It is a classic example of a questionable cause fallacy. undecided

A. Nowhere in the passage you quoted is it stated that the earthquake and all else that was written to have taken place that same night was as a result of Paul & Silas singing and praying that very same night. In fact, it could be argued that even without Paul and Silas singing and praying that night, the earthquake, and all that took place, would still have occurred given there is no direct connection made between the action of the men and the events that followed as recorded by the author of the passage. undecided

B. Jesus Christ insisted in John 5 vs 41 - 42 that He did not desire praise from any man. Suggesting then that Jesus Christ is instead moved by our praises makes a liar of Him, Jesus Christ. undecided

C. God rules regarding prayer consists of at least 8 commands one most also adhere to in order to prayer to even quality as worthy of being answered by God. So it is isn't ok to pretend God answers just any prayers as that in and of itself is a lie, this as taught by Jesus Christ. undecided

2. Sure, God is amazing, and God is wonderful, and yes, nothing is impossible to God, but be sure God also doesn't lie and He will never lower His standard for any man. So make sure you search the Truth of God , Jesus Christ, for that which is in fact of God's Truth, rather than swallow up the doctrines of men thinking that by doing so you get some sort of special pass from God as far as obedience of His Gospel teachings and commandments. undecided

The power of God is found in the Word of God, Jesus Christ, and not in prayer, or any other activity the Word has commanded. It is through obedience of God's very teachings and commandments that His power is realized. undecided
Re: Power Of Praying And Singing Unto God by tfrancis(m): 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I am well aware of this famous doctrine which claims that God is moved by praying and singing, and this particular passage in acts is sighted the majority of the time as evidence of this claim but there is a problem with this. It is a classic example of a questionable cause fallacy. undecided

A. Nowhere in the passage you quoted is it stated that the earthquake and all else that was written to have taken place that same night was as a result of Paul & Silas singing and praying that very same night. In fact, it could be argued that even without Paul and Silas singing and praying that night, the earthquake, and all that took place, would still have occurred given there is no direct connection made between the action of the men and the events that followed as recorded by the author of the passage. undecided

B. Jesus Christ insisted in John 5 vs 41 - 42 that He did not desire praise from any man. Suggesting then that Jesus Christ is instead moved by our praises makes a liar of Him, Jesus Christ. undecided

C. God rules regarding prayer consists of at least 8 commands one most also adhere to in order to prayer to even quality as worthy of being answered by God. So it is isn't ok to pretend God answers just any prayers as that in and of itself is a lie, this as taught by Jesus Christ. undecided

2. Sure, God is amazing, and God is wonderful, and yes, nothing is impossible to God, but be sure God also doesn't lie and He will never lower His standard for any man. So make sure you search the Truth of God , Jesus Christ, for that which is in fact of God's Truth, rather than swallow up the doctrines of men thinking that by doing so you get some sort of special pass from God as far as obedience of His Gospel teachings and commandments. undecided

The power of God is found in the Word of God, Jesus Christ, and not in prayer, or any other activity the Word has commanded. It is through obedience of God's very teachings and commandments that His power is realized. undecided

Well that is your opinion. Biblically, God inhabit the praises of His people Ps 22:3
Either you believe it or not, the heavenlies worship God, shouting halleluyah.

Luke 19:40 says;
KJV..."And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."
AMP...Jesus replied, “I tell you, if these [people] keep silent, the stones will cry out [in praise]!”
MSG..But he said, “If they kept quiet, the stones would do it for them, shouting praise.”
NIV...“I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

I pray you shall not be replaced with stone in Jesus' name.
Re: Power Of Praying And Singing Unto God by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2022
tfrancis:
1. Well that is your opinion.

2. Biblically, God inhabit the praises of His people Ps 22:3 Either you believe it or not, the heavenlies worship God, shouting halleluyah.

3. Luke 19:40 says;
KJV..."And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."
AMP...Jesus replied, “I tell you, if these [people] keep silent, the stones will cry out [in praise]!”
MSG..But he said, “If they kept quiet, the stones would do it for them, shouting praise.”
NIV...“I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

I pray you shall not be replaced with stone in Jesus' name.
1. None of what I have stated is of opinion. lipsrsealed

2. And Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear that those who are His are those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments meaning, as clearly stated in that Psalm, God does not inhabit the praise of anybody but only of those who truly belong to Him, those who obey Him. So, do you disobey God in order to obey Him? undecided

3. Wow.... so exactly how does that passage apply in this case? Are you suggesting that Jesus Christ lied in John 5 vs 41 when He said He does not want praise from you? Do you really believe the only way God is praised is when you disobey God? undecided

(1) (Reply)

S.H.A.P.E (4) / The Terrible Truth About John Paul II (part 3) / God's Standard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.