Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble (3429 Views)

Touching Pics Of Priest Worshipping God Under A Tree Wit Members In Niger State / Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God / God’s Under The Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by HardMirror(m): 7:22am On Nov 14, 2021
]IKOYI BUILDING COLLAPSE: WE CRIED TO GOD UNTO GOD UNDER THE RUBBLE AND....

This story is the true experience "We" had just 2 weeks ago when the 21 story terrace building collapsed were we were all hustling... It is a satire in honour of the thousands of prayers we made under the rubbles of the collapsed buildings... I hope this story would inspire you readers to think deeply about life and faith

"Happy New Year!!!!!!!!! " Thank God we made it! I walked around to shake the hands of 21 people and say to them... "Happy New Year, this is your year of lifting!"
2021 is our year of lifting according to our Church's theme. Our pastor had just instructed us to walk around and shake the hands of 21 people while processing the theme to them.
This was not the first time.... It was a tradition I had experienced since the day I could talk.
We had prayed and appreciated God for giving us the grace to see 2021.

Our Daddy in the Lord, Reverend Pastor Dr. Mike Ozumba Omotayo JP (PhD) took to the stage and started prophesying to us.

"We cannot die because we serve a living God... You shall not die!"

This year, you will prosper

You have been trekking but this year you will buy your own private jet!

I screamed Amen along with other members of my church!

Our Daddy continued.

" It is IMPOSSIBLE FOR A CHILD OF GOD TO DIE"
we all murmered "Yes"

No of you shall die!....

My leg was broken, I could feel sever pains one that I cannot describe to you. Hell cannot be worse than the situation I found myself in. Everywhere was dark I could hear others also crying, praying and screaming for help.

I have been in in this condition for so long it seemed like eternity, there was no way to tell the time... It was just all so dark. I cannot move any part of my body. The decking concrete slap of the top floor of where I was when the building collapse was pressing me down. I could not breath well. Oh God! This place is really HOT. 5he heat was killing me. I am sweating....haaaaa why God why? Everything is just terrible.
I had prayed for God to save me, I had asked God to please save me, I had cried my eyes out until I could not cry anymore. Even Jesus Christ did not go through this much pain why is Jesus ignoring me. Why has he left me here. Jesus why? Even if I am a sinner, I have prayed and begged you to forgive me.
Where is the holy spirit, I pray in the spirit, I am a child of God.
I prayed even when I got to the site the day of the collapse. I always pray before I started work .... What is happening

Then it started to rAin I could hear the thunderstorm faintly, it was raining heavily, the. Water started to come into the rubble. I was so glad for this, it seemed like god and answered my prayer because I was really thirsty. I could not imagine It was possible for a human to be as thirsty as I was. The heat under the collapsed building had sucked all my energy my tongue was dry, there was no saliva in my mouth again. My throat was bleeding from so much coughing, the bleeding too got dried from the sever heat under this place.
When the rain started, it reduced the heat, the water started coming inside where I was. I could not move very much but I could turn my neck a bit, u turned and started licking the sandy water that was coming in. I did not care if it was dirty it was this time I appreciated life I was living even as a broke guy. Here I am I don't mind if God would save me and make me a mad man on the street or god should just save me and let me be even be an hostage with boko haram. I don't mind they should be raping me every 30 mins as long as they will just be giving me water to drink. God why, why. I cried but tears did not drop any more...

2 weeks later the bodies of 45 people in this condition, had been brought out....

Among survivors have been Christians and Muslims. If the site was in India, Hindu people would have been the survivors. If it were to be in Sweden, survivors would have been Atheists too. If it were in China, we would have had Buddhist s as survivors....
But the survivors all came out saying God loved them.... God had a purpose for their lives.

I guess God hates me and the 45 others that died. I guess God does not have a purpose for our lives.

If God answered prayers, if God loved us, why would he leave us in such pains....

May the souls of the departed find peace. Amen

I hope we can all reflect on this incident and really ask ourselves... WHEN IS GOD EVER USEFUL?

THOSE THINGS WE THINK ARE ANSWERS TO OUR PRAYERS ARE OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT SERVING YOUR GOD NOT ALSO ENJOYING THEM? DONT PEOPLE FROM OTHER RELIGION ALSO WIN CONTRACTS, BUILD HOUSES, GET ADMISSION, GET ILL AND RECOVER,... THE LIST GOES ON AND ON...
WHat exactly do you think you are enjoying from God of your religion that other people without your religion are not enjoying?

If God answered prayers, this would would have been a better place, stop giving unreasonable excuses to why God does not answer prayers. Excuses are for weaklings not for a God.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by Nackzy: 7:32am On Nov 14, 2021
There's a time for everything
A time to die and a time to live

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by MITCHELL96: 7:32am On Nov 14, 2021
Wow! God saved them!
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by HardMirror(m): 7:33am On Nov 14, 2021
Nackzy:
There's a time for everything
A time to die and a time to live
sure! So what is the usefulness of prayers?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by Nackzy: 7:37am On Nov 14, 2021
HardMirror:
Food for thought my brother

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by HardMirror(m): 7:38am On Nov 14, 2021
LiwaConsult:
Hmm ok! Meanwhile, Get responsive website + Domain Registration + SEO for 20k. Check my signature for contact details
may God give you customers in Jesus name

5 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by AntiChristian: 7:45am On Nov 14, 2021
We'll be rewarded for all the prayers we make. But when you reach your destination you alight from the bus of life. No prayer can stop death!

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by HardMirror(m): 7:48am On Nov 14, 2021
AntiChristian:
We'll be rewarded for all the prayers we make. But when you reach your destination you alight from the bus of life. No prayer can stop death!
kindly list the things you know prayers can stop. Now that you have no defence in this matter, you say prayer cannot stop death. So what things can prayers stop ... In Islam since you are a muslim

6 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by Daveambition(m): 7:50am On Nov 14, 2021
HardMirror:
Abeg shake the table smal-smal, the 3rd leg no strong oh...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by hopefulLandlord: 7:55am On Nov 14, 2021
It's no longer news that prayers are useless

5 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by Haykinsofficial: 7:56am On Nov 14, 2021
Religion is meant for the weaklings, faint-hearted, gullibles. Nice job you're doing @op for freeing more 'sheeples'. Alwys enjoy ur writeups. *qiqsr*

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by Dtruthspeaker: 8:00am On Nov 14, 2021
HardMirror:

Prayers is for the living not for the dead or soon to be dead.

Prayers is for children. The prayers can never be heard.

Prayers is for the obedient, but one who disobeys shall eat the fruit of his disobedience.

And there is the Time to Die! Blessed is that man who is happy to die!

For as this world has been ruined, Peace is now on the other side of war, so also is Life and the other side of death, for those who have it.

So death is joy to one who Truly hath Christ!

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by AntiChristian: 8:03am On Nov 14, 2021
HardMirror:
kindly list the things you know prayers can stop. Now that you have no defence in this matter, you say prayer cannot stop death. So what things can prayers stop ... In Islam since you are a muslim

Supplications can give you what you desire or ward off some evil from you. And the supplication can be kept as rewards for you in the next world.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by A001: 8:06am On Nov 14, 2021
Prayers are mere wishes. Only people that don't think deeply rely on or have faith in mere wishes.

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by HardMirror(m): 8:20am On Nov 14, 2021
AntiChristian:

Supplications can give you what you desire or ward off some evil from you. And the supplication can be kept as rewards for you in the next world.
even those who never ever pray get what they desire. As for that next life thing,... That is your own imagination that has no proof. Have you been to the next life to verify that prayers will be rewarded? Even the ones we can see here now, shows Prayers are useless

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by HardMirror(m): 8:23am On Nov 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Prayers is for the living not for the dead or soon to be dead.

Prayers is for children. The prayers can never be heard.

Prayers is for the obedient, but one who disobeys shall eat the fruit of his disobedience.

And there is the Time to Die! Blessed is that man who is happy to die!

For as this world has been ruined, Peace is now on the other side of war, so also is Life and the other side of death, for those who have it.

So death is joy to one who Truly hath Christ!

based on this you agree prayers are useless

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by AntiChristian: 8:31am On Nov 14, 2021
HardMirror:
even those who never ever pray get what they desire. As for that next life thing,... That is your own imagination that has no proof. Have you been to the next life to verify that prayers will be rewarded? Even the ones we can see here now, shows Prayers are useless

That's my belief. And if you need proof wait till the next life.

Supplication is useful and destiny is sure.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by Femzaremz(m): 8:50am On Nov 14, 2021
HardMirror:
may God give you customers in Jesus name
Lol,I understand what you did here!
Now, I personally believe that anybody who still believes in god,has something seriously wrong with them!

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by HardMirror(m): 8:55am On Nov 14, 2021
AntiChristian:

useful for what exactly? Tell us one that we can all agree on

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by Ayinke93(f): 9:02am On Nov 14, 2021
AntiChristian:

I think you should direct the quality time you use in bashing Christians (which I’m 100 percent a fan of) into questioning your own beliefs and see how baseless and littered with bad evidence and lies they are. There’s no use for your prayers and supplications and there’s no “next life”.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by Dtruthspeaker: 9:15am On Nov 14, 2021
HardMirror:
based on this you agree prayers are useless

I see my mind ran faster than my hands and I skipped the word "Strangers".

Prayers is useless to strangers. No reasonable person listens to or hears the prayers of Strangers.

Strangers should ask their own legitimate parents and authorities whatsoever they want.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by HardMirror(m): 10:33am On Nov 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I see my mind ran faster than my hands and I skipped the word "Strangers".

Prayers is useless to strangers. No reasonable person listens to or hears the prayers of Strangers.

Strangers should ask their own legitimate parents and authorities whatsoever they want.
so those who died and who I am sure are 99% religious are strangers to god that is why he did not save them. Interesting

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by AntiChristian: 11:22am On Nov 14, 2021
Ayinke93:

I think you should direct the quality time you use in bashing Christians (which I’m 100 percent a fan of) into questioning your own beliefs and see how baseless and littered with bad evidence and lies they are. There’s no use for your prayers and supplications and there’s no “next life”.

Wait till you die. It won't be too long.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by Dtruthspeaker: 11:35am On Nov 14, 2021
HardMirror:
so those who died and who I am sure are 99% religious are strangers to god that is why he did not save them. Interesting

1) omnes moriendum! Man would not be mortal if he did not die.

2) Having a Great Good life and living on earth is the Proof whether God was indeed your Father or not, for God unfailingly takes care of His own Children and we can not wait to die for we know that the Best Living Comes after death.

So for us, death is just a door to a better and better Living for Satan and his seeds have spoilt this side of living for us, so we can not wait to go to the other side of Living where Satan and co, shall never be there! grin

Thus, as I have told you before, death is not a problem to us, it we are rather happy to die.

That is what it means to have Christ.

All who hath not Christ, though breathing, is Dead Already!

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by HardMirror(m): 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

2) Having a Great Good life and living on earth is the Proof whether God was indeed your Father or not, for God unfailingly takes care of His own Children and we can not wait to die for we know that the Best Living Comes after death.

So for us, death is just a door to a better and better Living for Satan and his seeds have spoilt this side of living for us, so we can not wait to go to the other side of Living where Satan and co, shall never be there! grin

Thus, as I have told you before, death is not a problem to us, it we are rather happy to die.

if you were in the collapsed building won't you like god to save you. Do you know how stressful dying that way is? Imagine being there for days no food, no water in pains and discomfort. Do you think those people did not pray to God? Why didn't God save them. All other things you are talking about are fantastic nonsenses to avoid the core issue in this topic.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by HardMirror(m): 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
AntiChristian:

Wait till you die. It won't be too long.
she won't be the first or last to die. No big deal. But you come here to claim to know what happens after death as if the afterlife is inside your bedroom

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by Dtruthspeaker: 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
HardMirror:
if you were in the collapsed building won't you like god to save you.

We live in one already. Our houses can fall in us as they theirs. It is still no different from road accidents on the way to work or police murdering on the street, mosquito bite, cancer etc.

Death is everywhere and it can land on any one.

And what is the Cure?

Answer: Life!

And Life Only Comes from One Person, The Maker of Life Himself! Exactly as no Camry whom Mr. Toyoda has determined will never die, WILL NEVER DIE, EVEN IF IT DIES, MANY TIMES (like it dies in Nigerians hands)

That is the Power of Creators!

Creations will only die when their Creator is No Longer interested in them Living!
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by AntiChristian: 3:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
HardMirror:
she won't be the first or last to die. No big deal. But you come here to claim to know what happens after death as if the afterlife is inside your bedroom

Calm down. I never claimed anything. We'll all die and it won't be too long!

Our eyes will be opened then!

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by LordReed(m): 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

LMAO! So now poor people are not children of God. Bwahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by LordReed(m): 4:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
AntiChristian:

Calm down. I never claimed anything. We'll all die and it won't be too long!

Our eyes will be opened then!

How will our eyes be opened when they are closed in death? LoL!
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: We Cried Unto God Under The Rubble by LordReed(m): 4:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

If you can't wait why haven't you gone to Sambisa to go preach to them? LMAO!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Makes A True Christian? / Can Christian Work In Brewery? / Christ Embassy Begins Her Annual International Pastors And Partners Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.