Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

#japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams (2753 Views)

Senate To Reinstate Ningi As Akpabio Comes Under Pressure / Japa: FG Expresses Concern Over Increasing Emigration Of Nigerians / FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

#japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by FieldMarshall06(m): 9:57am On Oct 28, 2022
Nigeria is led by a President and Ministers who lack ideas and who lack the will to make any impact in their departments. This I know for sure. All the problems we face can be solved by men who have IDEAS.

The rate at which we lose professionals is alarming and no serious nation should tolerate that. But how do we stop it??

A) The best way to stop #Japa is to BAN many foreign exams in Nigeria. Exams like PLAB for doctors should be permanently BANNED in Nigeria and writing that exam should be criminalized.

B) Any exam that targets Doctors & Nurses should be banned both online and offline. And severe consequences imposed on vendors of these exams.

C) Impose flight tax on travelling professionals to discourage #japa. A Tax of 500% of Ticket fee (for professionals only) would go a long way.

D) Place restrictions on exams like TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, A-Level, British Council, etc. These exams put pressure on foreign exchange and offer no returns to Nigerians. They are also conduits to extract our best minds to go and develop foreign countries. They serve Nigeria no purpose.

E) Impose a "License Retention Fee" in Medical Practise that Nigerian trained Doctors/Nurses must pay a License Holding Fee of N3.5m before leaving the country.
Failure to Pay would mean they can never ever practise in Nigeria if/when they return, except they pay ×10 of that License Holding Fee.
This is very important.

Do these things and watch #Japa reduce.

The FG and Senate should as a matter of Urgency put these ideas to reality. We can't continue like this, losing trained doctors, surgeons and consultants..

FG, use your head.
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by Lanretoye(m): 10:09am On Oct 28, 2022
U don ever see rain wey fall ontop only one person head?.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:10am On Oct 28, 2022
FieldMarshall06:
Nigeria is led by a President and Ministers who lack ideas and who lack the will to make any impact in their departments. This I know for sure. All the problems we face can be solved by men who have IDEAS.

The rate at which we lose professionals is alarming and no serious nation should tolerate that. But how do we stop it??

A) The best way to stop #Japa is to BAN many foreign exams in Nigeria. Exams like PLAB for doctors should be permanently BANNED in Nigeria and writing that exam should be criminalized.

B) Any exam that targets Doctors & Nurses should be banned both online and offline. And severe consequences imposed on vendors of these exams.

C) Impose flight tax on travelling professionals to discourage #japa. A Tax of 500% of Ticket fee (for professionals only) would go a long way.

D) Place restrictions on exams like TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, British Council, etc. These exams put pressure on foreign exchange and offer no returns to Nigerians. They are also conduits to extract our best minds to go and develop foreign countries. They serve Nigeria no purpose.

E) Impose a "License Retention Fee" in Medical Practise that Nigerian trained Doctors/Nurses must pay a License Holding Fee of N3.5m before leaving the country.
Failure to Pay would mean They can never practise in Nigeria if/when they Return. This is very important.

The FG and Senate should as a matter of Urgency put these ideas to reality. We can't continue like this.

Our problem as a people is GREED. We get subsidized education and then run away from the nation that offered us such opportunities. Shame.
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 28, 2022
Lanretoye:
U don ever see rain wey fall ontop only one person head?.

grin
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 28, 2022
Obi will correct all this nonsense.

Below is the full interview and transcript from the cut-and-join section TonyeBarcanista posted earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBX_9gpyqKg?t=1988

First, let us note that this section of the interview was about security and the menace of banditry.

We begin at 33:09

FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE SECTION OF ARISE INTERVIEW WITH PETER OBI @TONYEBARCANISTA POSTED

Rufai: OK, but Mr Peter Obi, it is not as easy as you just said it is. Should I tell you why? Because you have to buy more guns to fight the bandits that don't make people farm on the farmlands, to fight the bandits that killed 100 farmers in Zababare, to fight the legacy issues of infrastructure that would inhibit production, and a lot of people keep asking, you keep talking about production but as a businessman you used to import a lot into this country, those are some of the things they hold against you. You talk about production but you're a big net importer into this country. And, how will you solve those legacy issues? That's why we talked about security.

Peter Obi cuts in...

Peter Obi: Let me tell you, I talked about security, let me tell you, Rufai. I've been going around this country. I've visited 5 prisons and I can invite you to go to one with me. I sat down with some when I went into a prison, there were 1000 people and I interviewed 100.

Why were you involved in kidnapping?
I have no job!
Why were you involved in cultism?
I have no job!
I have no job!

And I said to them, how much were you paid in the last operation? Rufai, you won't believe it, N30,000, N25,000, N100,000. What this shows is that if these people can have a steady income of N50,000, they won't be involved in that. The more you pull people out of poverty, I've said repeatedly, the more you reduce criminality. We have these things in Brazil. I can show you countries where it has been practised. All these agitations and criminality were all over the place in Brazil until Brazil decided to do what I am telling you now, investing in these people. It means these things I'm going to do is going to reduce this criminality because they will be part of the farmers earning income. Today bandits are taking 8 local Governments in Niger state, I'm telling you if you put money in the farther land of Niger state, you'll reduce them by 50%. Because they've found something they're doing that'll give them money. What else do they want?

Rufai cuts in....

Rufai: You talked about Brazil, are you going to do social investment because it is under .....(Inaudible - PO and Rufai were speaking at the same time)

Peter Obi: I might not, I will do a combination of everything. There's a combination of everything. You're not going to do one straight thing. It's a combination of everything that will say, we are going to pull these people out of poverty, because the more we do it, so we deal with those legacy issues. On the issue of what my importation is, let me tell you what I did and I'll like to refer to Reuben cos I've known Reuben for over 30 years. Go and ask anybody what my business is, that is what I even studied. If you go and read what I studied at Harvard, it's market-to-market management. I'm marketing, I'm a distributor. Go and ask Coca-Cola, they're in Nigeria, ask other people as at the time I was in business, I was one of their biggest distributors. It's like seeing Walmart, Walmart today sells goods from Vietnam, India, etc but they don't manufacture them.
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:11am On Oct 28, 2022
Thanksful:

grin

When person mama sick and doctors no dey to treat am.
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 28, 2022
FieldMarshall06:

When person mama sick and doctors no dey to treat am.

It's impossible.

However, Obi is coming to right these wrongs
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:15am On Oct 28, 2022
wink
Thanksful:

It's impossible.

However, Obi is coming to right these wrongs

1 Like

Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 28, 2022
FieldMarshall06:
wink

Private hospital in Nigeria too much self. Just make the salaries of these people ok.

Who wan go yanke to wash toilet.
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by forgiveness: 10:21am On Oct 28, 2022
Thanksful:
Obi will correct all this nonsense.

Below is the full interview and transcript from the cut-and-join section TonyeBarcanista posted earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBX_9gpyqKg?t=1988

First, let us note that this section of the interview was about security and the menace of banditry.

We begin at 33:09

FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE SECTION OF ARISE INTERVIEW WITH PETER OBI @TONYEBARCANISTA POSTED

Rufai: OK, but Mr Peter Obi, it is not as easy as you just said it is. Should I tell you why? Because you have to buy more guns to fight the bandits that don't make people farm on the farmlands, to fight the bandits that killed 100 farmers in Zababare, to fight the legacy issues of infrastructure that would inhibit production, and a lot of people keep asking, you keep talking about production but as a businessman you used to import a lot into this country, those are some of the things they hold against you. You talk about production but you're a big net importer into this country. And, how will you solve those legacy issues? That's why we talked about security.

Peter Obi cuts in...

Peter Obi: Let me tell you, I talked about security, let me tell you, Rufai. I've been going around this country. I've visited 5 prisons and I can invite you to go to one with me. I sat down with some when I went into a prison, there were 1000 people and I interviewed 100.

I have no job!
Why were you involved in cultism?
I have no job!
I have no job!

And I said to them, how much were you paid in the last operation? Rufai, you won't believe it, N30,000, N25,000, N100,000. What this shows is that if these people can have a steady income of N50,000, they won't be involved in that. The more you pull people out of poverty, I've said repeatedly, the more you reduce criminality. We have these things in Brazil. I can show you countries where it has been practised. All these agitations and criminality were all over the place in Brazil until Brazil decided to do what I am telling you now, investing in these people. It means these things I'm going to do is going to reduce this criminality because they will be part of the farmers earning income. Today bandits are taking 8 local Governments in Niger state, I'm telling you if you put money in the farther land of Niger state, you'll reduce them by 50%. Because they've found something they're doing that'll give them money. What else do they want?

Rufai cuts in....

Rufai: You talked about Brazil, are you going to do social investment because it is under .....(Inaudible - PO and Rufai were speaking at the same time)

Peter Obi: I might not, I will do a combination of everything. There's a combination of everything. You're not going to do one straight thing. It's a combination of everything that will say, we are going to pull these people out of poverty, because the more we do it, so we deal with those legacy issues. On the issue of what my importation is, let me tell you what I did and I'll like to refer to Reuben cos I've known Reuben for over 30 years. Go and ask anybody what my business is, that is what I even studied. If you go and read what I studied at Harvard, it's market-to-market management. I'm marketing, I'm a distributor. Go and ask Coca-Cola, they're in Nigeria, ask other people as at the time I was in business, I was one of their biggest distributors. It's like seeing Walmart, Walmart today sells goods from Vietnam, India, etc but they don't manufacture them.

In a nutshell, Obi is saying, I am container importer.

Tinubu calls it ....Container economy. Obi China. grin

1 Like

Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:22am On Oct 28, 2022
forgiveness:

My friend, don't bring your idiocy here.

3 Likes

Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 28, 2022
forgiveness:

Once someone eats agbado, him brain leave am.

What's container importer? Does that make sense to you? Sure it does because agbado don replace am.

What does Tinubu produce, we wan patronize am.

2 Likes

Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:27am On Oct 28, 2022
Thanksful:

What's container importer? Does that make sense to you? Sure it does because agbado don replace am.

Just ignore that guy pls.
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by unclejb2(m): 10:29am On Oct 28, 2022
FieldMarshall06:

D) Place restrictions on exams like TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, British Council, etc. These exams put pressure on foreign exchange and offer no returns to Nigerians. They are also conduits to extract our best minds to go and develop foreign countries. They serve Nigeria no purpose.

Failure to Pay would mean they can never ever practise in Nigeria if/when they Return. This is very important.

The FG and Senate should as a matter of Urgency put these ideas to reality. We can't continue like this, losing trained doctors, surgeons and consultants..

FG, use your head.

your house is burning and you are chasing rats....

You must be an APC supporter. They lack any sense of logical reasoning

10 Likes

Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by forgiveness: 10:29am On Oct 28, 2022
Thanksful:

Why don't you ask Obi that said he is a marketer which translates to......Container importer?

Container economy.. Obi China.. grin
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by Jokerman(m): 10:30am On Oct 28, 2022
They are stupid.... grin

Unless Peter Obi wins.... any thing other than that... Japa!!
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by LadyExcellency: 10:31am On Oct 28, 2022
This is kidnapping and State sponsored terrorist scheme.

The op didn't even include banning of medical tourism.
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 28, 2022
forgiveness:

Why don't you ask Obi that said he is a marketer which translates to......Container importer?

Container economy.. Obi China.. grin

Obi has hero beer according to you guys. Is that imported too?

Now tell us wetin Tinubu get. We wan patronize am

2 Likes

Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by forgiveness: 10:32am On Oct 28, 2022
FieldMarshall06:

My friend, don't bring your idiocy here.

Obi China confirmed and admitted he's a container importer. Therefore, he will introduce what Tinubu calls Container economy...Obi China. Chaiiiii!!!!! angry grin
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:33am On Oct 28, 2022
Thanksful:

I told you to ignore that guy. You are playing into his hands. Don't be a fool.
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 28, 2022
FieldMarshall06:

I told you to ignore that guy. You are playing into his hands. Don't be a fool.

Chill! We no dey fear.
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by forgiveness: 10:37am On Oct 28, 2022
Thanksful:

He said he is a marketer not even a producer.

That's why he imports goods like tomatoes, pepper, toothpicks, etc from abroad for his NEXT malls. grin

This is what Tinubu calls container economy....Obi China. Chaiiii!!!

This guy wan kill our economy patapata. grin
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by Whois(m): 10:40am On Oct 28, 2022
I was thinking same. Btw, last time I checked Nigeria is still practicing democracy so bad Belle like the op are just wasting their time.

Jokerman:
They are stupid.... grin

Unless Peter Obi wins.... any thing other than that... Japa!!

Indeed mystery loves company

FieldMarshall06:

D) Place restrictions on exams like TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, A-Level, British Council, etc. These exams put pressure on foreign exchange and offer no returns to Nigerians. They are also conduits to extract our best minds to go and develop foreign countries. They serve Nigeria no purpose.

Failure to Pay would mean they can never ever practise in Nigeria if/when they return, except they pay ×10 of that License Holding Fee.
This is very important.

FG, use your head.

Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:55am On Oct 28, 2022
wink
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 28, 2022
Dear OP, your ignorance and selfishness is sickening!

I'm struggling to assume that you are an adult with a working mind, backed by an education of some sort.

I really am struggling.

The glaring solution I'm surprised you failed to see (despite writing 4 points!) ould have simply been for government to :

[/b]CREATE AN ENABLING WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR "PROFESSIONALS " AND ENSURE PROPER COMPENSATION AND WELFARE PACKAGES (SAME AS IS DONE FOR POLITICIANS)

NO ONE (PROFESSIONAL AND CLIENTS) WILL TRAVEL FOR GREENER PASTURES THEN.[b]

1 Like

Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:57am On Oct 28, 2022
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by FieldMarshall06(m): 11:02am On Oct 28, 2022
topcatking:
Dear OP, your ignorance and selfishness is sickening!

I'm struggling to assume that you are an adult with a working mind, backed by an education of some sort.

I really am struggling.

The glaring solution I'm surprised you failed to see (despite writing 4 points!) ould have simply been for government to :

[/b]CREATE AN ENABLING WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR "PROFESSIONALS " AND ENSURE PROPER COMPENSATION AND WELFARE PACKAGES (SAME AS IS DONE FOR POLITICIANS)

NO ONE (PROFESSIONAL AND CLIENTS) WILL TRAVEL FOR GREENER PASTURES THEN.[b]

You can study medicine abroad where they have "enabling work environment". If you want better things, then pay for it. Go abroad to study and pay school fees of N50m.

But if you can school in Naija with subsidized education, then you can manage our work environment. If you want to work abroad, then go school abroad. Don't take our cheap education and run abroad crying "enabling environment".

Compensation for Doctors is ok where it is. You studied on subsidies my dear.

In fact, don't quote me again. I am not on your level.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by FieldMarshall06(m): 11:06am On Oct 28, 2022
FieldMarshall06:

You can study medicine abroad where they have "enabling work environment". If you want better things, then pay for it. Go abroad to study and pay school fees of N50m.

But if you can school in Naija with subsidized education, then you can manage our work environment. If you want to work abroad, then go school abroad. Don't take our cheap education and run abroad crying "enabling environment".

Compensation for Doctors is ok where it is. You studied on subsidies my dear.

Fixed.
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by SpatialKing(m): 11:07am On Oct 28, 2022
THE TRANSFORMATIVE POWER OF EDUCATION.

Biden, Putin and Xi were arguing on who’s in charge of the world. US, Russia or China? Without any conclusion, they turned to Modi (India's President) and asked him "Who’s in charge of the world?"

Modi replied, "All I know is the:

1. British PM is an Indian
2. American VP is an Indian
3. Citigroup CEO was an Indian
4. SoftBank Vision Fund CEO is an Indian
5. Adobe CEO is an Indian
6. NetApp CEO is an Indian
7. PepsiCo CEO was an Indian
8. Nokia CEO is an Indian
9. MasterCard CEO is an Indian
10. DBS CEO is an Indian
11. Cognizant CEO was an Indian
12. Novartis CEO is an Indian
13. Conduent CEO was Indian
14. Diageo CEO is an Indian
15. SanDisk CEO was an Indian
16. Motorola CEO was an Indian
17. Harman CEO is an Indian
18. Micron CEO is an Indian
19. Palo Alto Networks CEO is an Indian
20. Reckitt Benckiser CEO is an Indian
21. Now IBM CEO is also an Indian origin guy
22. Britain’s former Chancellor of the Exchequer is an Indian
23. Britain’s Home Secretary is an Indian
24. Ireland’s Prime minister is an Indian.
25. Google CEO Indian
26. Microsoft CEO Indian

So who's running the World?

Very interesting! That is the result of India policy since the early fifties to focus on education.

. Dr Abraham's Comment:
Interesting...to know that they were just as abused as Blacks, yet they have quietly gone on to make an impact in the world!

And the CEO of Dangote Group of Companies is an Indian!

There is no alternative to quality education.
Let's export skills
Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 28, 2022
FieldMarshall06:

Sorry. I don't argue with low people.

You can study medicine abroad where they have "enabling work environment". Its your choice. Go abroad to study and pay school fees of N50m.
[/b]But if you can school in Naija with subsidized education, then you can manage our work environment.[b] If you want to work abroad, then go school abroad. [/b]Don't take our cheap education[b] and run abroad crying "enabling environment".

[/b]Compensation for Doctors is ok where it is. You studied on subsidies my dear. [b]

Subsidised education?
Cheap education?
Compensation is okay?

You really are an idiot!
..& there's no use having this conversation with you.

2 Likes

Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by FieldMarshall06(m): 11:09am On Oct 28, 2022
topcatking:

Subsidised education?
Cheap education?
Compensation is okay?

You really are an idiot!

Your father is an idiot.

1 Like

Re: #japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams by FieldMarshall06(m): 11:10am On Oct 28, 2022
topcatking:

Subsidised education?
Cheap education?
Compensation is okay?

You really are an idiot!

Yes, subsidized education. Yes. It's a fact. Go abroad and pay to study medicine you bastard. You want better environment, then go early. Dont study in naija and later cry work environment.

Yes, compensation is ok. How much do you want. Doctors starting pay on average is N130k for an education sponsored by the state. Are Doctors the only professionals in Nigeria. Greedy bastard.

Find your mate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Arise TV Mistakenly Dismiss Rufai, Nigerians Will Make Him A Billionaire. / Kwankwaso Wins Gandujes Poling Unit / NIMC Portal Has Been Down For Weeks Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.