Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper (3170 Views)

#japa- FG, Senate To Ban Foreign Exams / Foreign Debt: Let Borrowing Binge Stop - Punch / Punch Newspaper Cartoon About Buhari And Killings In Nigeria (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 29, 2021
PUNCH is all about bad news. Their headlines are all bad news. No good news, progress or development is ever on front page headlines. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. PUNCH headlines is all bad news, killings the country. And foreign media copy those news.

The FG and regulatory agencies must rein in on PUNCH newspaper. Freedom of the media is not freedom to bad mouth or damage the country. The freedom is freedom for journalists to work and investigate. It is not freedom to exaggerate or hype our problems. Freedom is not absolute.

All nations have internal problems. In Britain, Scotland wants to break up; in US, racial killings, drug and crime, mass shootings everyday; in France, cash crunch, political uncertainty, etc. Yet their media don't hype those problems like PUNCH.

PUNCH is very Unpatriotic. And the bad name of this country comes partly from Bad News from PUNCH.

Nigerians must unite and say ENOUGH to evil PUNCH.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by PlayMaker14: 9:29am On Apr 29, 2021
When you speak the bitter truth about this useless administration, they call you "UNPATRIOTIC" and "ENEMY of STATE"

If you had made the country peaceful for citizens, PUNCH and other dailies will report good things about you.

26 Likes

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by helinues: 9:30am On Apr 29, 2021
Some Nigerians are just ungrateful... Just because the past governments have been bribing the media to under report the insecurity in the country does not mean this government should do the same.

If they are not reporting all this atrocities, how are we going to know the extent of rot in our security?

How long did it take Nigerians to know about the dreadful act of Akwuzu SARS led by James Nwafor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 29, 2021
PlayMaker14:
cheesy

True or false cheesy
Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by chiiraq802(m): 9:31am On Apr 29, 2021
Goodluck Jonathan's Government received more than this.... so stop Wailing ...... Its just 9:32 am...... grin

4 Likes

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by chiiraq802(m): 9:32am On Apr 29, 2021
helinues:
Some Nigerians are just ungrateful... Just because the past governments have been bribing the media to under report the insecurity in the country does not mean this government should do the same.

If they are not reporting all this atrocities, how are we going to know the extent of rot in our security?

10 Likes

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 29, 2021
chiiraq802:
Goodluck Jonathan's Government received more than this.... so stop Wailing ...... Its just 9:32 am...... grin

1 Like

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 29, 2021
Media in Nigeria is based on tribal lines.

Most influential newspapers in Nigeria are owned by the yorubas, editors are also yorubas.

The media is weapon for these people, when they don't like you, they start blackmailing you and the country you direct with very frivolous articles to destroy you and the country.

Another thing you need to understand is that of psychology, nowaday since online media came, traffic and adrevenue has been the source of revenue for the media, people hardly buy newspapers, to make sure they get that revenue, they started using psychology, they understand that bad news, drama and gossip draw attention more than good news, so they have reinvented media to that direction without understanding the consequences of their actions, people are so addicted to bad news that they have lost hope, they have been disoriented by bad news that many are suffering from depression, all thanks to the media, to be sincere, the media shapes public opinion and shape public perception but now they are poppers of lies, deciet and blackmail all for traffic.

2 Likes

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Media in Nigeria is based on tribal lines.

And it's wrong.
Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by Force12: 9:37am On Apr 29, 2021
Fineman87:
PUNCH is all about bad news. Their headlines are all bad news. No good news, progress or development is ever on front page headlines. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. PUNCH headlines is all bad news, killing the country. And foreign media copy those news.

The FG and regulatory agencies must rein in on PUNCH newspaper. Freedom of the media is not freedom to bad mouth or damage the country. The freedom is freedom for journalists to work and investigate. It is not freedom to exaggerate or hype our problems. Freedom is not absolute.

All nations have internal problems. In Britain, Scotland wants to break up; in US, racial killings, drug and crime, shootings everyday; in France, cash crunch, political uncertainty, etc. Yet their media don't type those problems like PUNCH.

PUNCH is very Unpatriotic. And the bad name of this country comes partly from Bad News from PUNCH. Nigerians must stop evil PUNCH.
nah story you dey fine
Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 29, 2021
Maybe i am only sick to believe Nigerians likes to click bad news and proscribe every Government in power.

Maybe our security outfits don't win, they just kill them every time.

Maybe they don't care about sharing their wins with the media

Maybe they are not invincible as they thought

Maybe our security outfits are not properly trained like the old ones

Maybe they just lack intelligence

Maybe the officers are just too complicit

Maybe there are no satellites to map out terrorists zones for nuking

Maybe terrorism terrains are shared with civilians

Maybe the morale is down

Maybe the government is unwilling to boost the morale.. Where are our security votes?

Maybe we need to understand more about those (Govt) we are dealing with.

Maybe some people are syphoning the government wills.

Maybe some echelons of power are not happy with Nigeria unity/disunity

Maybe politicians are playing with this fire...

Maybe we all will bear the burns of whatever we are sowing today.
Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by nairalandankrah: 9:40am On Apr 29, 2021
helinues:

How long did it take Nigerians to know about the dreadful act of Akwuzu SARS led by James Nwafor
There was more freedom of information during yaradua/ Jonathan.. Compared to currently!! How many newspaper houses were sanctioned during past governments?
You can't hide your love for buhari led APC government can you? Like your brother Lai Mohammed, you'll Always try to find a way to rope in past administrations to your failure!.

6 Likes

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by 360degreess(m): 9:41am On Apr 29, 2021
OP you are 100% right. I have noticed that severally myself..But some animals will call it freedom of speech.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by helinues: 9:43am On Apr 29, 2021
nairalandankrah:

There was more freedom of information during yaradua/ Jonathan.. Compared to currently!!

But was silenced through bribery.. Yes or No
Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by Vaughanlanrewaj: 9:45am On Apr 29, 2021
Fineman87:
PUNCH is all about bad news. Their headlines are all bad news. No good news, progress or development is ever on front page headlines. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. PUNCH headlines is all bad news, killing the country. And foreign media copy those news.

All nations have internal problems. In Britain, Scotland wants to break up; in US, racial killings, drug and crime, shootings everyday; in France, cash crunch, political uncertainty, etc. Yet their media don't type those problems like PUNCH.

PUNCH is very Unpatriotic. And the bad name of this country comes partly from Bad News from PUNCH. Nigerians must stop evil PUNCH.

The day I literally stopped buying The Punch was when they started retracting some of these their horrible negative news as fake news. I was like how does this retraction compensate me for the way you messed up my day with negative news that turned out to be fake news. I knew the Punch has taken its opposition to PMB too far and it's an obsession the current editor in chief want to use to ruin the newspaper . It is their thing and they are not the same Punch again. They fired a number of their staff in the middle of Covid-19 but hardly gave them a full month salary in lieu of notice and some of those guys felt very bad with the newspaper.

I don't think the newspaper is doing well and efficiently ran like before. If anyone tells me I can do without reading my then darling punch newspaper, I will say No but it's been like 2 years I bought the newspaper and the last time, it was my vendor who forced me to buy it and I bought it,looked at the negative headlines on its headlines, shook my head and tossed the Punch newspaper copy somewhere and that was it.I did not open a single page to read.

I am not even sure if I will return to reading the newspaper again.
Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 29, 2021
Fineman87:

All nations have internal problems. In Britain, Scotland wants to break up; in US, racial killings, drug and crime, mass shootings everyday; in France, cash crunch, political uncertainty, etc. Yet their media don't type those problems like PUNCH.

You're a very fool!!sh and stup!!d person.

If you don't like what punch is reporting, go and read other news paper or make you start your own company.

Bmud foo!!

6 Likes

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by ngadaAwo: 9:45am On Apr 29, 2021
[s]
helinues:

[/s]
shatap
always talking jargons

5 Likes

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by nairalandankrah: 9:46am On Apr 29, 2021
helinues:

But was silenced through bribery.. Yes or No
Evidence pls?? Mind you the Nigeria media were critically instrumental in the victory of former present buhari..

3 Likes

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by helinues: 9:47am On Apr 29, 2021
ngadaAwo:
[s][/s]
shatap
always talking jargons

When would you start to make meaningful contribution on NL without throwing tantrum?

This week, this year or never?

Could you also make your own contribution to this thread without going agog?
Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by Throwback: 9:47am On Apr 29, 2021
Was it punch that massacred the victims of all the ongoing violence?

You should be worried that Buhari is useless and incompetent in doing the job he campaigned all his life to attain.

4 Likes

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by helinues: 9:47am On Apr 29, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Evidence pls?? Mind you the Nigeria media were critically instrumental in the victory of former present buhari..

Did Nigerians know anything about budget padding before?
Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by Emperor5(m): 9:48am On Apr 29, 2021
Report of ugly news by Punch shows that nothing good about Nigeria at this moment.
U call them unpatriotic because they see the truth and they published it the way it's.
Op you are the one that is unpatriotic for trying to cover the ugly situation of the country.

4 Likes

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by nairalandankrah: 9:54am On Apr 29, 2021
helinues:

Did Nigerians know anything about budget padding before?
And what has Nigerians or the FG done about it?? NOTHING!!
Budgets have always been padded and it's not a new thing..
In 2000, former President Olusegun Obasanjo refused to sign the budget passed by the National Assembly claiming it had been padded with about N2 billion.
In November 1999, the former president had submitted a proposal of N667.51 billion to be spent in the 2000 fiscal year. It was his first having assumed office about seven months earlier.
I guess you were still a very little boy then

That you're just discovering yours doesn't mean that other Nigerisns do not know it has been an issue

3 Likes

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by helinues: 9:56am On Apr 29, 2021
nairalandankrah:

And what has Nigerians or the FG done about it?? NOTHING!!
Budgets have always been padded and it's not a new thing..
In 2000, former President Olusegun Obasanjo refused to sign the budget passed by the National Assembly claiming it had been padded with about N2 billion.
In November 1999, the former president had submitted a proposal of N667.51 billion to be spent in the 2000 fiscal year. It was his first having assumed office about seven months earlier.
I guess you were still a very little boy then

Oga, stop shifting goal post.. Did Nigerians aware of anything called budget padding under Pdp's government?

How many Nigerians were aware of what you posted above then?

1 Like

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by nairalandankrah: 10:00am On Apr 29, 2021
helinues:

Oga, stop shifting goal post.. Did Nigerians aware of anything called budget padding under Pdp's government?

How many Nigerians were aware of what you posted above then?
How old were you then?

4 Likes

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by FatherCHRISTMAS: 10:02am On Apr 29, 2021
Freedom of speech. Same reason Twitter couldn't site there headquarters in Nigeria
Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by ngadaAwo: 10:02am On Apr 29, 2021
[s]
helinues:

When would you start to make meaningful contribution on NL without throwing tantrum?

This week, this year or never?

Could you also make your own contribution to this thread without going agog?
[/s]
shut up
your posts are all trash.
all of them

5 Likes

Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by helinues: 10:02am On Apr 29, 2021
nairalandankrah:

How old were you then?

Was at your age
Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 29, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
Freedom of speech. Same reason Twitter couldn't site there headquarters in Nigeria

Freedom of speech is not freedom to damage or exaggerate. Read bro
Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by Veqtor: 10:07am On Apr 29, 2021
Another day on nairaland
Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by FatherCHRISTMAS: 10:07am On Apr 29, 2021
Fineman87:

Freedom of speech is not freedom to damage or exaggerate. Read bro
Especially when the media is being gagged
Re: FG, Senate - Stop PUNCH Newspaper by Generalwoodz(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2021
UK, US should also stop Buhari before he cripples the country totally.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos / This Is A List Of Some Of The Roads Peter Obi Constructed In Anambra State. / See Obi's Lawyer Who Delivered Adeleke And Obi As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.