Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? (565 Views)

Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) / What Is Your Best Bible Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? by HarlequinLekex: 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2022
Matthew ch 8 vs 22,
But Jesus said to him,"Follow me,and let the people that are dead bury their own dead".

What is the meaning of the underlined?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? by Natbrowny: 1:00pm On Oct 28, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
let the people that are dead bury their own dead"[/u]

Frm d books. It just means let the owners of the dead bury d dead. Let the living focus on the living.

If someone dies, the family should bury the dead and let others non family focus on their own living.

For naija.. Party must happen sha.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Oct 28, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Matthew ch 8 vs 22,
But Jesus said to him,"Follow me,and let the people that are dead bury their own dead".

it is a teaching that burials and associated rituals are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God. Those who are of this world are refered to in that as also being of the dead....they are condemned to return to the dust of this earth when they die - Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22 undecided
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? by sonmvayina(m): 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
This is one of the things attributed to jesus that does not make any sense. The dead cannot bury the dead. No matter how you want to twist it..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? by Lawag3: 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2022
sonmvayina:
This is one of the things attributed to jesus that does not make any sense. The dead cannot bury the dead. No matter how you want to twist it..

You went to school isn't it you know what metaphor is right?

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? by Janosky: 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Matthew ch 8 vs 22,

Can the dead bury a dead person?
Impossible, Ecclesiastics 9:5,10.

Rather, Jesus meaning "let the spiritually dead Jews & others like them continue to wallow in that state of spiritual poverty, but the disciples (spiritually awake & spiritually conscious go abroad (everywhere) to declare the good news of God's kingdom,Luke 9:60

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? by sonmvayina(m): 8:08am On Oct 29, 2022
Lawag3:

You went to school isn't it you know what metaphor is right?

But your jesus never went to school..

Who thought him metaphor?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? by sonmvayina(m): 8:09am On Oct 29, 2022
Janosky:

Can the dead bury a dead person?
Impossible, Ecclesiastics 9:5,10.

Rather, Jesus meaning "let the spiritually dead Jews & others like them continue to wallow in that state of spiritual poverty, but the disciples (spiritually awake & spiritually conscious go abroad (everywhere) to declare the good news of God's kingdom,Luke 9:60

How did you pull this out of your hat?
Christianity and tricks...

I forgot Halloween is coming..
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:12am On Oct 29, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Matthew ch 8 vs 22,

One of my brothers (Janosky) has answered the question just little addition.

After the fall of man in the garden of Eden all the descendants of Adam have fallen short of the glory of God {Romans 3:23} so instead of gaining immortality through our heavenly father death rules over mankind {Romans 5:12, 17} therefore we are all like walking corpse in the eyes of God because Adamic sin will always catch up with us making us grow old, get sick and expire.

But Jesus' teachings if perfectly applied will bring a blessing, all those practically applying it will be pardoned when God's Kingdom comes {Matthew 6:10} so Jesus' preaching and teaching campaign will attract God's attention and love for us God will command His angels to start writing down the names of many who are discussing about His righteousness {Malachi 3:16} these are the living from God's point of view {John 11:25-26} because when those who ignore talks having to do about God are left to continue decaying in their graves {Psalms 9:17} those whose names has been recorded will be called back to life! John 5:28-29 compare to Job 14:13-15

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? by terrezo2002(m): 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2022
It means let the spiritually dead people bury their physically dead person.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? by Lawag3: 4:21pm On Oct 29, 2022
sonmvayina:

But your jesus never went to school..

Who thought him metaphor?

But our ancestors never went to school who taught them proverbs and idioms?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2022
Lawag3:
And metaphors by the way since my own grandmother used them a lot! We used to refer to them as "coded language" back in the days grin
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2022
Lawag3:

Kobojunkie:
And metaphors by the way since my own grandmother used them a lot! We used to refer to them as "coded language" back in the days grin

Abeg mek una helep me tel sonmvayina o! cheesy

My own grandparents also use lots of metaphors in their days so i wonder where sonmvayina was born in Nigeria that those who never attended schools can't use metaphors! cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? by sonmvayina(m): 5:57pm On Oct 29, 2022
Lawag3:

God..

Their creator..
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Bible Verse? by sonmvayina(m): 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Abeg mek una helep me tel sonmvayina o! cheesy

My own grandparents also use lots of metaphors in their days so i wonder where sonmvayina was born in Nigeria that those who never attended schools can't use metaphors! cheesy

Lol...I laff in Greeks..

(1) (Reply)

”let The GAYS Breathe. LGBTQ Community Is Not A Threat To The Nation”- Pastor / Why You Shouldnt Blame D Writers Of The Bible / Depend On God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.