Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,990 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:19 PM

Chief Dr. Eholor Sets To Leave Labour Party. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Dr. Eholor Sets To Leave Labour Party. (287 Views)

You’re Free To Leave Labour Party – NLC Tells Peter Obi / Patrick Osagie Eholor On EndSARS: I Left Heaven In Canada To See Hell In Nigeria / Pregnant Women Will Leave Labour Room To Vote For Me – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Dr. Eholor Sets To Leave Labour Party. by Thepointer: 5:47pm On Oct 28, 2022
Previously Patrick Eholor organized a press conference in his house addressing the journalists on quitting his appointment in Labour Party.

Lately, Eholor said that he's still in consultation about the decision.

However, today in an interview, Chief Patrick Eholor spoke about quitting the party because of the inactiveness of his appointment in the party.
According to Dr. Patrick, he said the reason why he plans to opt out is based on the denial by the party in allowing the committee discharge their mandate. “Recently, they did an amendment of a new list where they had 75 persons appointed in the diaspora, if we were duly inaugurated and we are supposed to be in charge of the diaspora, we should have been duly informed If more persons are to be inaugurated into the committee.

He likened it as one being given a title but is not given a chance to run it as his responsibility. Adding that the title is not the priority but the discharge of the mandate attached to it.

"I sent a message to the National Chairman, Julius Abure that things should be done in the right way, this is a movement that we must do in the right way for the right result.

Eholor described the attitude the National Chairman is responding with are not encouraging. I was not asking for material things or any benefit but to be a part of the right movement that will aid Nigeria a better country.

“Besides when the first list came out for the presidential campaign I did everything to do a damage control, when names were found missing, assuring them that the error will be corrected. Surprisingly, another list came out omitting my name and that is not the issue.
The challenge is that they are unable to recognize my willingness to serve which made me said I was going to consult friends relatives for a better decision that will not affect the Society.

"However, I am still contemplating, if they will not yield to some of advices that will make them win election. Certainly, I am going to resign."-Chief Dr. Patrick added.

Furthermore, Dr Patrick Eholor said he is partaking to win not to lose, so he is not at the loosing side. "I am not here for the title and the position, mine is different than other people’s objectives.

He said "The Party’s Flag bearer is not the issue, I don't need to see him or meet him for the work to be done but the committee led by the chairman. Peter Obi is also busy on the other part, therefore the party chairman has a responsibility to coordinate other chieftains as well as members of the party to winning the coming general elections, not at the National level alone but to the Governorship ,House of reps and other offices."

"When NCC light was going on, we harmonized all the support groups respectively. Pat Utomi was present at the Edo state general press conference of the Labour Party in NUJ Benin. I was with Peter Obi at Asaba when he was inaugurated as the Presidential flabearer."

Chief Eholor said his concern is that the Party should be very careful so that some people from other parties should not initiate or tarnish the party with what they are bringing. We want to make it right this time so we can not be doing it as the custom.

"Sam Omede who was a former chairman in the Party and one of the major stakeholders in Edo state, hence we do not know the reason why he was carried along . Pa Aguebor is another founding member and a stakeholder in the party, who has been fighting for Labour Party in Edo state and myself, who is not even aware of how the party is being run. As a chieftain and a Co-founder of this party, it is wrong to be hearing information about the party from a diluted source. Moreover, the result of not being carried along has made him feel in the dark."

He lamented that he wants to be in the light not in the dark which lack of having direct information has put him into.

Therefore the Labour Party have reached out to Chief Eholor, which he explained his part that he was not angry but charged them to do the right thing. Otherwise, if they are not ready to do it right, he will be out.

He finally explained he is not opting out for any of the opposition parties, but he will rather stay alone as the General Observer and Humanitarian which he has always been, to do the right thing.
Although Chief Eholor in his statement, did not feel betrayed, he said that the party coordinators are overwhelmed and doing the right things will relief them.
Adding that they are blinded by those who laud their actions as they can not see the future. Resigning will not make me vote for the wrong person, it is my civic duty to vote the right person as a good Nigerian.
Re: Chief Dr. Eholor Sets To Leave Labour Party. by Mirra00(f): 5:50pm On Oct 28, 2022
Okay o
Re: Chief Dr. Eholor Sets To Leave Labour Party. by LTCtech: 5:50pm On Oct 28, 2022
Okayyy
Re: Chief Dr. Eholor Sets To Leave Labour Party. by limeta(f): 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
Potential looters will find excuse, for sure LP dont give shishi

Atiku and tinubu billions don touch hand .
Re: Chief Dr. Eholor Sets To Leave Labour Party. by ican2020: 6:00pm On Oct 28, 2022
No need for consultation , he should go cause no one will take him serious if he stays jumpers everywhere

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read.. The Summary Of Peter Obi Campaign In Nasarawa / Ogun Pdp Drags Jimi Lawal, Inec To Efcc, Icpc For Alleged Forgery / APC Is More Corrupt Than PDP, Atiku Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.