Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,236 members, 7,867,629 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:00 PM

Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? (6276 Views)

Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) / Eastern Chicks (mostly Ibo) Top The List Of Gay Women (lesbians) In 9ja: / What Are You? Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Ericology(m): 11:38pm On Aug 23, 2011
harakiri:

That's because human beings are always seeking a scape goat to blame for their insecurities! An igbo man will tell you that yoruba people are extremely dirty but I have seen igbo households that look like refuse dumps. A yoruba man will tell you that Igbo's are wicked and evil and yet, some of the heartless actions I've seen are commited by yorubas. An igbo man will tell you that yorubas are betrayers and not to be trusted and yet[b], its the same people that frustrated Alex Ekweme from becoming president and preferred Obasanjo (a serving convict) to their fellow ma[/b]n. Yorubas will tell you igbos are greedy businessmen who love to cheat in business and yet, if you go to Owode-Onirin and tell them you want to sell your bmw X6 which you bought for N14million and has bashed headlights, the yoruba buyers will offer you N70,000 as their best offer! What am I trying to say? It all boils down to people blaming others for their short comings and insecurities. This has been a major factor in wars and ethnic clashes e.g the ife and modakeke fracas (yoruba neighbours slaughtering their fellow brothers like rams) and the umuleri and aguleri blood bath (fellow igbo neighbours trying to exterminate each other). It's that simple!

Stop talking from the Anus, Jim Nwobodos one vote didnt stop Ekwueme from becoming the president rather the powers that be had arranged for a familiar man to take over, OBJ, not an Igbo man nor a Yoruba man chosen by yorubas{Falae} Stop talking trash
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by deadie(m): 1:10am On Aug 24, 2011
To the du.mb 4ck who started this thread, it is Igbo.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by romeo(m): 1:35am On Aug 24, 2011
mabelly:

plssss, what is ''IykeD'' own with how the ''Ibo'' or ''Igbo'' is spelt or pronounced. It has been lyk dis 4 ages and also is in different literature txt. Jst lyk a nigerian wud called Naija dude without blowing his or her pulse over it. Pls IykeD, take a shill pill. plssss, what is ''IykeD'' own with how the ''Ibo'' or ''Igbo'' is spelt or pronounced. It has been lyk dis 4 ages and also is in different literature txt. Jst lyk a nigerian wud called Naija dude without blowing his or her pulse over it. Pls IykeD, take a shill pill.

His problem is that some nitwits still repeat the word "ibo" after many corrections.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by kodewrita(m): 8:01am On Aug 24, 2011
romeo:

His problem is that some nitwits still repeat the word "ibo" after many corrections.

Please forgive us but we yorubas call you 'Ibo' though you call yourself 'igbo'. its a tribal thing.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by bingbagbo(m): 8:59am On Aug 24, 2011
but IBO is even sexier than IGBO?
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by NoQualms1(f): 11:32am On Aug 24, 2011
IykeD:

What a stu.pid question to ask! You should go back to school for asking such a dumb question. Whoever posted that rubbish on the front page should change it, it's Igbo and not Ibo.
tongue
IykeD, you sure are stu.pid for real. You wanna send me to school?? Mumu of the first order. Ibo man. grin
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by IykeD(m): 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2011
No Qualms:

tongue
IykeD, you sure are stu.pid for real. You wanna send me to school?? Mumu of the first order. Ibo man. grin

Lady, mind your choice of words, i never called you stu.pid and if i wanna send you back to school, shouldn't you be grateful, after all it's my hard-earned money i am going to spend on you to make you wise cos it seems you ain't.

Others, i don't care about your tribal tendencies but you can not come here to insult a whole tribe that has produced the greatest sons and daughters out of Nigeria because of your bigotry. You can not belittle our collective heritage, it's not and will never be accepted. Some of you here are so quick to run to the ghetto side to buy ''weed'' and call it the yoruba name ''igbo'' which is exactly same spelling as Igbo. You are quick to call it rightly but when it comes to Igbo, you all pretend you can not pronounce ''gb'' and call it ibo and then foo.lishly spell it same way. The difference in the pronunciation between the weed you smoke and Igbo is just the stress level, whereas the former has a high stress, the latter doesn't so why pretend you can't pronounce it, even if you can not, at least you can spell it rightly.

For the umpteenth time, it is spelt and called IGBO and not ibo. If anyone is indeed stu.pid, then continue spelling and pronouncing it as ibo at least i tried to make you wise but you chose to be foo.lish.

Peace!
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Omoadugbo(m): 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2011
yoruba ronu o.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by nsiadi: 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2011
Check out hw many Ibo ppl are in the list 2 take us out of economic woods
Also find out the 2 ppl who are to fast track power stabilisation

Flash back, who were @ Apex of finance institutions during OBJ`s rule
These are some of petty jealousy origin
But it leads 2 nowhere , only God gives treasures
& Ibos hv them in abundance 2 the chagrin of yorubas

I dont think anything can change their mind set
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Ngodigha: 10:06pm On Aug 24, 2011
nsiadi:

Check out hw many Ibo ppl are in the list 2 take us out of economic woods
Also find out the 2 ppl who are to fast track power stabilisation

Flash back, who were @ Apex of finance institutions during OBJ`s rule
These are some of petty jealousy origin
But it leads 2 nowhere , only God gives treasures
& Ibos hv them in abundance 2 the chagrin of yorubas

I dont think anything can change their mind set
Your post is good. However, you painted your post with dirth by spelling Ibo. Have you not heard of Igbo before?.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Ngodigha: 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2011
No Qualms:

tongue
bin gbagbo:

but IBO is even sexier than IGBO?
Where on earth are this monkeys from?. Idiotts like you here who spell Ibo will not hesistate to spell Gbenga instead of Benga.
Go back to the zoo, shameless monkeys. It is IGBO.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by bingbagbo(m): 5:14am On Aug 25, 2011
thanks 4 the insults!
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by NoQualms1(f): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2011
Oops!!! Ibos are hurting, hmmm
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 26, 2011
^^who is this woman!  angry     are u violated  embarassed
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by nsodo: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2011
It is colonialism which is the root cause of that rivalry because when they came to Nigeria they had to employ divide and rule method were they sided with the Ibo against the Yoruba and that continued even after independence.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Ngodigha: 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2011
nsodo:

It is colonialism which is the root cause of that rivalry because when they came to Nigeria they had to employ divide and rule method were they sided with the IGBO against the Yoruba and that continued even after independence.
I will call you a monkey just as I did to other posters who spelt Ibo.
It is IGBO.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by kodewrita(m): 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2011
if only someone would tell this Ibo dude that we are not at war.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Lax75(m): 1:20am On Aug 30, 2011
Question to all the Igbo brothers/sisters, what does Ndigbo mean?
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by aljharem3: 1:51am On Aug 30, 2011
Lax75:

Question to all the Igbo brothers/sisters, what does Ndigbo mean?

Ndi = people/person

so ndigbo mean igbo person or people
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Lax75(m): 2:45am On Aug 30, 2011
alj_harem:

Ndi = people/person

so ndigbo mean igbo person or people

Ahh, got it. Thanks a mill.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by AndreUweh(m): 11:40pm On Aug 30, 2011
Ndi Igbo (Ndigbo)---Igbo people.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Lax75(m): 12:21am On Aug 31, 2011
Ok. So its correct to say I am Yoruba, and my God-Mom is an Ndigbo (Igbo person), right?

Personally I don't understand all this beef btw Ndigbo and Yorubas. I know a few marriages that have been shattered all in the name of this "Yoru-Igbo" beef. I saw another thread where the deputy Governor of Imo had a warrant (which was dismissed) in the US, and before you know it, people were quick to point out that he is Igbo. Ridiculous. I am Yoruba, but from what I've noticed, my people can be more closed-minded than any other ethnic group sometimes especially when it comes to Ndigbo. I think both ethnic groups have very rich cultures and all. Very smart groups of people and both have made great contributions to Nigeria.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by AndreUweh(m): 12:33am On Aug 31, 2011
Forget what you read here. Ndigbo and Yorubas are good friends and there are no hostilities between the duo. Nairaland is a forum that was started by Yorubas. To attract attention, Ndigbo became their target. Most times, Ndigbo are just defensive in their posts. The constant attack of Ndigbo further led to the emergence of some militant Igbo posters such as Sunny BOBO, Mekusxxx, Mekuslogan, Nchara, Ezeuche, Chino etc. Some of this guys have been banned parmanently while their Yoruba counterparts such as Ileke IDI, Desola, Seanet, Blue.t etc are all around.
Re: Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? by Lax75(m): 12:38am On Aug 31, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Forget what you read here. Ndigbo and Yorubas are good friends and there are no hostilities between the duo. Nairaland is a forum that was started by Yorubas. To attract attention, Ndigbo became their target. Most times, Ndigbo are just defensive in their posts. The constant attack of Ndigbo further led to the emergence of some militant Igbo posters such as Sunny BOBO, Mekusxxx, Mekuslogan, Nchara, Ezeuche, Chino etc. Some of this guys have been banned parmanently while their Yoruba counterparts such as Ileke IDI, Desola, Seanet, Blue.t etc are all around.

Funny. Na wa for NL and its "characters."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

History Of Urhobo / The Idoma / Photo: Hausa Man With Snake In His Mouth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.