Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms (23215 Views)

50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) / Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa / Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by Confirm4real(m): 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2022
Buhari with bad luck like 5&6.

1 Like

Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by Fearyourcreator: 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2022
NuruDiddy:
Stop blaming flood,it's APC bad government
If as Nigeria dey now you still think oone party or person will do better ... You be mumu
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by fineboynl(m): 4:17pm On Oct 29, 2022
Solution is to open the borders for foreign rice to come in free of charge with tax waiver

1 Like

Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by SouthSouth1914: 4:26pm On Oct 29, 2022
Hier:

Demand and prices goes hand in hand, not overproducing and not underproducing and having enough to regulate the market and having other comparative choices to control prices.

And a group of think tank to set things on a straight line

True. But demand for rice remains constant, why the rise in prices? Don’t tell me because of the flood, because it happened in a specific area!

By the way, the higher the prices for a commodity, the lesser the quantity demanded. It will get to a point, people will shelve rice for other foods.
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by thedio(m): 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2022
LagosIsForIgbos:
It is the Yoruba's that will suffer it more.

Omo ale jagbajantis!

Amala mugus!
Keep deceiving urself.....If u see the way I'm laughing at this thread like I'm in another country but no am in Yoruba land.
I bought 50kg of rice at #27,000 last week.

2 Likes

Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by backnbeta(f): 4:33pm On Oct 29, 2022
It's a good time to open the borders! But no; the evil bubu and his cabals have seen yet another opportunity to punish Nigerians undecided

1 Like

Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by MoneyMustBMade(m): 4:36pm On Oct 29, 2022
Benchilwell:
grin grin grin na their unchin dey fit deceive,store rice shit.

So buhari and apc don scam us be that now after all thier boasting of investing in agriculture with some pictures prove that Buhari went to commission on channel TV so all this are scam.. with millions bags of rice
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by AlphaTaikun: 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2022
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by Benchilwell: 4:41pm On Oct 29, 2022
MoneyMustBMade:

So buhari and apc don scam us be that now after all thier boasting of investing in agriculture with some pictures prove that Buhari went to commission on channel TV so all this are scam.. with millions bags of rice
original scam totally,only mumu pple believe that nonsense. grin grin cool

3 Likes

Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:50pm On Oct 29, 2022
UNECESSARY SENSATIONALIZATION CAUSES PANICK BUYING WHICH LEADS TO INFLATION.
EAT YAM,EAT CASSAVA STOP THE RICE HYPE MADNESS,IS A MATTER OF PREPARATION.NO BE DEAL ABOUT RICE,YOU DONT HAV TO EAT RICE DAILY. angry
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by Allisgud: 4:54pm On Oct 29, 2022
I want to see that custom that will stop me at the border,am going to seme to move in 4 bags to Nigeria undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by Melbrom(m): 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2022
The govt should better open the border so rice can come in at cheaper rate b4 they kill Nigerians. Buhari is a disaster I so much hate the animal

1 Like

Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by nedekid: 5:14pm On Oct 29, 2022
Nothing like Goodluck in this locust apc regime. So so bad news 24/7.
Anyway bag of rice is has increased in my area from 5k few days ago to 7k!
Can you just imagine? shocked
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by silvoclaira: 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2022
everythinggirly:
Honestly, who still dey eat rice? angry

What do you eat?
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by Emeka71(m): 5:23pm On Oct 29, 2022
ISTP:
Oga seun, won't you do rice giveaway in December? cool
As in; ehn; GOD Punish devil.
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by ISTP: 5:31pm On Oct 29, 2022
Emeka71:
As in; ehn; GOD Punish devil.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by LagosIsForIgbos: 5:43pm On Oct 29, 2022
thedio:

Keep deceiving urself.....If u see the way I'm laughing at this thread like I'm in another country but no am in Yoruba land.
I bought 50kg of rice at #27,000 last week.

Buga won!

Abi Na LaKe rice?
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by Hier(m): 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2022
SouthSouth1914:

True. But demand for rice remains constant, why the rise in prices? Don’t tell me because of the flood, because it happened in a specific area!

By the way, the higher the prices for a commodity, the lesser the quantity demanded. It will get to a point, people will shelve rice for other foods.

Rice is the only food which is an essential commodity, without it on the table. The table seems incomplete or inadequate. Rice is just that food Nigerians can't do without. It is the crude oil of the food industry. It is their gold, their BTC it is number one lol
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by Ekesonbaba: 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2022
Chinonye2022:
Vote Atiku for a better Nigeria
people like you are the reason why this country had always remained stagnant in all ramifications. Tufiakwa!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by DaddyGngeess(m): 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2022
highchief1:
which one be to hit,I bought 50k this afternoon

At where? Na waooo
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by highchief1: 6:57pm On Oct 29, 2022
DaddyGngeess:

At where? Na waooo
delta
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by Tfx1: 7:20pm On Oct 29, 2022
Elshaddai
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by SouthSouth1914: 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2022
Hier:

Rice is the only food which is an essential commodity, without it on the table. The table seems incomplete or inadequate. Rice is just that food Nigerians can't do without. It is the crude oil of the food industry. It is their gold, their BTC it is number one lol

You don’t know this nor back this up with your claims. People eat beans as much as rice, why is beans relatively cheap? Or rice is the only crop affected by the so called flood?
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by SouthSouth1914: 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2022
Melbrom:
The govt should better open the border so rice can come in at cheaper rate b4 they kill Nigerians. Buhari is a disaster I so much hate the animal

Buhari is a mad person. Didn’t know common economics. This is the time for the border to be opened!
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by Eleyigidgan: 8:04pm On Oct 29, 2022
Chinonye2022:
Vote Atiku for a better Nigeria
God punish you and your generations

1 Like

Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by themanderon: 9:14pm On Oct 29, 2022
They should open the boarders and flood the markets with imported rice for goodness sake. It is obvious that their reason for banning importation has been heavily defeated. Flood the markets and watch the price crash immediately. Our rulers are just plain evil.

1 Like

Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by Uchedizzy(f): 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2022
Then we swich over to beans or yam or even plantine infact yam is very cheap, i cant come and kill myself
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by NigeriaIsGreat: 5:52am On Oct 30, 2022
T
iezeiyida:
Not just okay sad Anyway, there will still be circulation of cash next year by the politicians because of the general election so even if the flood causes greater lack of food production and greater cost of food, people will still buy with the cash available. That's why the electorates should cashout from any political party, or any politician avaliable next year but after that,

Vote wisely, to avoid very disasterous insecurity, bad/harsh economy and total collapse of the entire Nigeria system..
Vote Labour Party.
Peter Obi|Datti-Baba Ahmed is far better.
Tinubu is your next president Nwanne
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by lookingfly: 6:13am On Oct 30, 2022
ISTP:

https://businessday.ng/amp/agriculture/article/rice-seen-hitting-n50000-bag-as-floods-ravage-farms/
I thought federal government is producing rice in kebbi state? Where is rice pyramid close to ShopRite lugbe, Abuja? Bunch of senile thieves, they think they can cheat Nigerians!
Re: Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms by ufuosman(m): 8:44am On Oct 30, 2022
Common man issues dey increase in all side. Na wa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Locally Made Gas/charcoal Oven For Smoking Fish And For Baking / How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know / Become Multimillionaire By Invest Your Money On Poultry Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.