Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

I Want To Resign And Travel To The UK, What Do I Need To Know? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Resign And Travel To The UK, What Do I Need To Know? (913 Views)

My Trip To Fiji And Travel Tips For Nigerian Passport Holders / Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Resign And Travel To The UK, What Do I Need To Know? by RealGandalf: 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I hope this meets you well.

I am a mid level executive in my company.

My intention was to grow to top management level, but the insecurity in this country is a threat to our existence.

Armed with the following skills, what are my chances of making it our there?

1. Arc GIS
2. HTML
3. CSS
4. Javascript
5. WordPress (expert)
6. Joomla (Expert)
7. Swift and Kotlin
8. Google Analytics (expert)
9. Additionally, I am an environmental consultant too.
10. I'm currently learning AWS cloud computing.

Do I need to apply for Masters admissions first?

How much do I need?

All I want is a safer and saner environment.

PS: I have a wife and 3 children.

Please help a brother.
Re: I Want To Resign And Travel To The UK, What Do I Need To Know? by ednut1(m): 3:24am On Oct 29, 2022
Look for a job. With these skills there should be employers in europe that will be able to sponsor work permit for you

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign And Travel To The UK, What Do I Need To Know? by RealGandalf: 6:40am On Oct 29, 2022
ednut1:
Look for a job. With these skills there should be employers in europe that will be able to sponsor work permit for you

Oh! OK. Thanks!
Re: I Want To Resign And Travel To The UK, What Do I Need To Know? by HRprof: 8:15am On Oct 29, 2022
RealGandalf:
Hi Everyone,

My intention was to grow to top management level, but the insecurity in this country is a threat to our existence.

1. Arc GIS
2. HTML
3. CSS
4. Javascript
5. WordPress (expert)
6. Joomla (Expert)
7. Swift and Kotlin

How much do I need?

Please help a brother.

You want to relocate for reason of insecurity at the same time asking if You can make it abroad
Highlight
Not always greener over there
You can not work over there with visit visa Ensure you get the right visa before travelling
Ensure you get the job here before relocating abroad
When you finally get there be a good ambassador to Nigeria.
Wish you good luck

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign And Travel To The UK, What Do I Need To Know? by Gerrard59(m): 9:56am On Oct 29, 2022
RealGandalf:
Hi Everyone,

1. Arc GIS
2. HTML
3. CSS
4. Javascript
5. WordPress (expert)
6. Joomla (Expert)
7. Swift and Kotlin

How much do I need?

Please help a brother.

To reduce costs and increase your chances of being employed by firms, don't carry your wife and children along with you. You could bring them after a year or two. With the aforementioned skills and depending on the number of working experience, you don't need to apply for any masters. Just prepare for leetcode, and apply to as many jobs as possible. If you have to, involve the likes of Robert Walters or Hays Recruitment to assist you in looking for jobs (you don;t have to pay. The client firm pays the recruiter). Additionally, spend time on LinkedIn and furnish your profile.

Looking for a job is a job, you have to be very aggressive with it, and see yourself as if you are going to a warfront.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign And Travel To The UK, What Do I Need To Know? by RealGandalf: 4:17pm On Oct 29, 2022
Gerrard59:

To reduce costs and increase your chances of being employed by firms, don't carry your wife and children along with you. You could bring them after a year or two. With the aforementioned skills and depending on the number of working experience, you don't need to apply for any masters. Just prepare for leetcode, and apply to as many jobs as possible. If you have to, involve the likes of Robert Walters or Hays Recruitment to assist you in looking for jobs (you don;t have to pay. The client firm pays the recruiter). Additionally, spend time on LinkedIn and furnish your profile.

Looking for a job is a job, you have to be very aggressive with it, and see yourself as if you are going to a warfront.

Very well... Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think People Outside Think Of You / I Need Help And Advice Please! First Timer @glamorgan. / Which Part Of Nigerian Has Best Tourist Centre.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.