Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. (6931 Views)

Austin Tam-George, Jonathan's Lookalike Is A Commissioner In Rivers (photo) / Photos From The Burial Of Nasir Zarummai, Ex-Commissioner In Sokoto / Video Of Ex-Commissioner In Zamfara Having Sex Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by Myself2(m): 1:18pm On Aug 21, 2011
opata:

Methinks the main issue for discourse should be his ability or otherwise to perform the job he's been appointed to do. More especially as the appointment smirks of the use of unfair advantage to gain ground.

If I'm right, he didn't win in an election to represent his people. Now we see him emerging as a commissioner. Why? What are his qualifications and experience?

At this point, Oyo state after years and years of mismanagement definitely need round pegs in round holes. Not sharing of Government jobs to political families and dynasties.

There mustbe something he's bringing to the table that should make anyone comfortable with his appointment.

Just my twopence. Dont hate me.

He is educated up to university level,he has been in the political trenches for a while,I gues s he must have understudiesd some more experienced people,let's give him time to prove himself,we should give him our best wishes and hope he doesnt dissappoint us cos if he does,na for here we go still hammer am
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by marcus1234: 1:28pm On Aug 21, 2011
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by adexcarz(m): 1:36pm On Aug 21, 2011
Mr Dapson congrats[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by Kobojunkie: 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2011
@Dapolam, now you finally have a chance to make real impact at the GRASSROOTS LEVEL which we urged you to start with in the first place. Telling us stories of how you are different from your father was just rubbish to our ears then. Now is your chance to SHOW US you are not made of the same cloth your old man is.

I don't believe in luck . . . as I believe all a person does reveals what is within the heart. So, again, here is your chance! Do what you will with it and be open to be judged by the public every step of the way(I cannot stand PUBLIC officials who WHINE when members of the public criticize them as if they did not know from day one that is what working in the public IMPLIES -- your EMPLOYEES(THE PUBLIC) get to judge and rate your every move).
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by MMM2(m): 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2011
lucky him
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:26pm On Aug 21, 2011
To all those posters who are sure congratulations and good luck compliments are in order - use this opportunity as nairalanders to keep a watch on the executor of responsibility. What is the scope of his mandate as commissioner, ensure that he delivers beyond expectations rather than flattering him with congratulatory comments as if he won a musical chair contest.
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by honeric01(m): 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2011
Hope you won't disappear into the thin air now that you've won the position you've been looking for?

We don't want to hear "give me" second term o
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by olapluto(m): 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2011
Dapolam, this is an opportunity for you to prove to people that the youths can do it. While I have reservations about your younger brother and the way he behaved while your dad was in power, I pray you prove us all wrong. You know what I mean. If you can keep a low profile and get on with your job. I wish not to hear of you building houses around Iyaganku/Agodi GRA areas, but I want to hear that you have refurbished Lekan Salami stadium. I want to hear that you have engaged the youths from Challenge to Agodi to Mokola to Ojoo. I want to see you as an action commisioner, use one decent car and mix freely with people. Come down from your high horses and SERVE. May Allah (SWT) guide you right. You have a chance to shoot up your political career.
Haven said all that, I will be the first to curse you the day I find out you have stolen from Oyo State. I believe your family has taken enough from the state purse for you to live decent. No more stealing, just go there and act.
Stay away from friends/family. If possible, distance yourself from your aburo and be your man. Daddy cannot stand up for you this time. Again, I wish you all the best.
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2011
Same ten and ten pence! angry angry

Na ya turn Chop ya own and any baga can go to hell! - I guess thats the moto.

Am not from ya state but i guess a snake must always born a snake! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Prove us wrong if you can.

But dont forget that this is an opportunity for u to right all the wrongs of your dad and build a part to a great future for you and your state.

Every state in Nigeria desires a great leader - If you are smart, you can make your self a hero. undecided undecided
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by sw: 5:05pm On Aug 21, 2011
Please i need the full List of the Commissioners & Special Advisers in Oyo and Osun State
very very urgent.

Thanks
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by gee2(m): 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2011
gr8, happie 4 him
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by george31(m): 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2011
Dapo was arrogant we all know that, but i think all this critics will help him re-shape himself,
he also has some positive sides,we finished from the same school (GCI) UP School!!!
Lived in the same neighborhood, attended same parties,etc

I admire his doggedness in politics. He is a very active & ambitious person.
I just hope he uses his new position to empower & improve the youths of Oyo State

Lets Support him
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2011
Is this the same dapo of U.I?

Same dude who used to cruise around Ibadan in tinted cars with his personal convoy of friends and followers?

Same dude who used to carry different U.I girls, drive from one eatery to another and take one spoon of food from each plate he buys and dump the entire food?

Same dapo?

And we wonder why Nigeria is stagnant.

If you know what is best for youn you will abandon all hope in Nigeria and try to make a better life for yourself in Benin Rebublique or Cameroun.

This guy is your future leader.
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by jmaine: 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2011
pDude:

Same dude who used to cruise around Ibadan in tinted cars with his personal convoy of friends and followers?

Same dude who used to carry [b]different U.I girls, drive from one eatery to another and take one spoon of food from each plate he buys and dump the ent[/b]ire food?

Chei !! The guy na Bado . . . .U.I babes go end this time cheesy cheesy . . . Aristo Dapo has being commissioned for more onslaught on the babies . . .
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by Anvaller: 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2011
sw:

Please i need the full List of the Commissioners & Special Advisers in Oyo and Osun State
very very urgent.

Thanks

Oyo have appointed its commissioners but up till this moment the full list is not yet well publicised. U cant even find it on the state govt's official website at least as at now. What I know is that against Ajimobi's lousy claims that he is committed to running a govt filled with technocrats. He has appointed Dapo Lam, are those who he calls technocrats?

This same governor recommended one Mr Ladoja who is a candidate of formal gov Ladoja, a guy who managed to have 3 credits in 3 Olevel sittings to be a commissioner in Oyo state. If Oyo assembly was predominantly ACN, they would have unanimously passed that guy and the public would not know anything. "Our govt will be different, not amala politics, technocrats, technocrats, technocrats" Now I am seeing ACN or let me say Ajimobi's definition technocrats. BLATANT BUNCH OF GARBAGES

pDude:

Same dude who used to carry different U.I girls, drive from one eatery to another and take one spoon of food from each plate he buys and dump the entire food?

Same dapo?

If you know what is best for youn you will abandon all hope in Nigeria and try to make a better life for yourself in Benin Rebublique or Cameroun.

Well they wont listen, Nigerian would prefer to keep hoping than to calculate reality and follow it. Look at Egypt. They did not just sit down and think Allah would come down and touch the mind of their politicians.
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by strangest(m): 6:35pm On Aug 21, 2011
pDude:

Same dapo?

Guy, you sound more like you work with Sahara Reporters., you wey dey talk na only one girl you get then? You dey follow the guy enter Mr. Biggs dey monitor him? Abi you dey use magic mirror?
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by olawalebabs(m): 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2011
I wonder, even at that everybody has a past. If that is his own past let it be.
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by olawalebabs(m): 6:42pm On Aug 21, 2011
I wonder, even at that everybody has a past. If that is his own past let it be.
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by jamace(m): 6:55pm On Aug 21, 2011
Congrats man.

Yes, you have entered the field of play. You are no more a spectator/commentator. May your reign be that of glory and happiness for your people and for Nairaland in particular.

Wishing you good governance.
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 21, 2011
strangest:

Guy, you sound more like you work with Sahara Reporters., you wey dey talk na only one girl you get then? You dey follow the guy enter Mr. Biggs dey monitor him? Abi you dey use magic mirror?

I'm not a sahara reporter. He happened to be a close colleague of mine in skol.

How would you like a former druggie or ex-convict running ur firm? Dapo and his past vices have not been forgotten by a few like me and from what has happened in his case, its clear Nigerians have a very short memory.

Well goodluck to y'all even as he elevates his protocol in a few years.

Also if you must know, I went to secondary school with Jide Obanikoro (fella was in my class for 6 yrs) and when he eventually starts running your country, just bear it cos y'all supported him with comments like above.

I'm out.
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by bodejohn(m): 8:16pm On Aug 21, 2011
I was also in the same class set with dapo in GCI and there was no bit of arrogance that i noticed in him afterall his father like i heard at that time used to visit the challenge texaco roundabout to read newspapers, meaning there was very little for him to brag about, I even took him as a reserved person, his ways might have changed in UI, i can't say.

I only think he should have gone off the rader of public politics for now and consolidate on whatever lessons he got from his loss at the last election by getting closer to the people and more importantly free himself from the aura of Lam Adesina's son that has been on and around him.

Whichever way i wish him success in his new role till his father falls out of favour with the governor.
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by semid4lyfe(m): 8:18pm On Aug 21, 2011
Hmmm. . . .Congrats to him
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@Dapolam, now you finally have a chance to make real impact at the GRASSROOTS LEVEL which we urged you to start with in the first place. Telling us stories of how you are different from your father was just rubbish to our ears then. Now is your chance to SHOW US you are not made of the same cloth your old man is.

I don't believe in luck . . . as I believe all a person does reveals what is within the heart. So, again, here is your chance! Do what you will with it and be open to be judged by the public every step of the way(I cannot stand PUBLIC officials who WHINE when members of the public criticize them as if they did not know from day one that is what working in the public IMPLIES -- your EMPLOYEES(THE PUBLIC) get to judge and rate your every move).

I endorse this.

True, he has a not-so-enviable past, but he has promised in the thread Nairalanders challenged that he is now a changed person.

This is an opportunity for you to redeem your image and prove that your seeking power is not just for the sake of it but to make changes, real impact.

My regards to your Finance Commissioner too (Zacheus), one year my senior in OAU.
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by Natasha2(f): 11:12pm On Aug 21, 2011
Congratulations cheesy
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 22, 2011
Keeping a tab on this one.
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by tomholly: 5:08am On Aug 22, 2011
DApo,Dapo,D congratssssssssssssssssssss to u.just give in your best and dont let us down we will be their for your if u need any assistance.
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by Xfactoria: 9:05am On Aug 22, 2011
pDude:

Same dapo?

Which kind bad belle be this?

Guy, I was also in UI with Dapo. We graduated together from Faculty of Technology in 2005. I know him one on one and my father is not a politician but a bloody retiree. He was not arrogant. I don't know if you people expect a Governor's son to treck to school or be friends with riff-raffs or come to buka to eat amala with you to show that he is humble. A lot of you folks rely so much on hear says. I only know Dapo with 3 cars throughout his stay in UI between 1999 - 2005 - One Honda car when he was in 100level, one E-Class and one Peugeot 406 that he drove for 2-3years till he graduated. His lifestyle is quite normal as far as I'm concerned cos I know at least 2 Senator's sons in our set that held as much clout if not more than Dapo's. Some of you guys opening your mouths to say rubbish here will do worse if your father was a local government Chairman let alone being a Governor's son.

Enough of these beefs. Please, rather channel your efforts to praying for the guy to succeed and stop trying to batter his image.
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by r231(m): 9:32am On Aug 22, 2011
Good
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by kokoye(m): 1:50pm On Aug 22, 2011
pDude:

Would you not have done the same if you were in his postition back then . . sincerely?

Some people were obviously oppresssed back in college and are still stuck in those days.

Grow up and be positive.

You are beefing the guy and he is moving forward with his life.

Whatever happening to encouraging him and telling him what your expectation are like some others here? Oh, you cant, cos you are jealous of him.

sad
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by seyibrown(f): 11:44pm On Aug 22, 2011
Let's see how he'll do! It will be very tough if he is working with people who are of the 'old cloth'! He was appointed - not sure on what basis - and he can also be removed, if he is not cooperating with those who appointed him.

We need more younger and sensible people in politics! Good luck, Dapo! Do us proud!
Re: Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. by bouzymill(m): 8:19am On Aug 23, 2011
some are good at making people look bad. They stuffs that would make you think the person is totally an A**hole. But at the end of the day, they are saying those things because they've not experienced opulence in their lives. I can imagine the guys who were in Dapolam's social level back in school, they would be saying to themselves, "this Dapo sef no tap as him papa rich",

anyway, guess who's the Commissioner That Dapo that you hate so much. IF you ain't careful, he would become the Governor while you're still hating.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No More Road Blocks- Igp / Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags / Today, I Prayed For The President; I Prayed For Nigeria. Come In If You Wish To.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.