Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

We Support Obi; No Need For Meetings With Other Presidential Flag-bearers – Ohan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Support Obi; No Need For Meetings With Other Presidential Flag-bearers – Ohan (383 Views)

Other Presidential Candidates Should Step Down For Peter Obi. Gov Ortom / 2023: Lady Dumps Her Boyfriend For Not Getting His PVC To Support Obi (Pix) / 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Support Obi; No Need For Meetings With Other Presidential Flag-bearers – Ohan by jenniferjude613: 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2022
Apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, and the Middle Belt Forum (MBF) have said that inviting presidential candidates of the country’s political parties to speak to them was not in their agenda. Publicity Secretary of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Alex Ogbonna said there was no need inviting any presidential candidate for a meeting since the group believes it should be the turn of the South-East to produce the president of Nigeria in 2023.
In 2019, the Igbo supported Alhaji Atiku Abubakar wholeheartedly, and what the race is suffering today is the outcome of our deep support for him. But he worked against the Igbo. Is he the person we are going to listen to?

“Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a democrat, and he fights injustice, but yet he is going ahead to make sure that the South-West gets the presidency again.

“We are in tandem with other southern groups- Afenifere, PANDEF and the Middle Belt Forum (MBF) for insisting that the presidency should rotate to the South-East for peace in this country. So, there is no need to invite any of them.” On the Labour Party candidate, Peter Obi, Chief Ogbonna said Obi is a national icon and a global citizen working to positively rewrite the story of Nigeria, adding that Ohanaeze is fully supporting him.

In the same vein, President of the MBF, Dr. Bitrus Pogu, said the forum could not invite any of the presidential candidates to address them when they have already taken a position.

He said: “Our position is clear, we told the world that we have assessed the candidates as individuals and as political parties. First and foremost, along with our friends in the South, we have decided that the presidency has to go to the South after eight years of a Northern president. Secondly, we came out clearly to say that we would not support a Northern president when any of them emerges as a candidate of any of the political parties. So, why invite someone you had already said you would not support when he emerged?

“Thirdly, in the South, there are two presidential candidates of repute who came out. One from the APC and the other from Labour and from analysis, we settled with the South-East candidate. We agreed that the best candidate for Nigeria at this time is Peter Obi and we have come out clearly without mincing words to say that Peter Obi is our candidate.

“So, why should we be hypocritical when we have already taken a position to want to listen to others? If somebody says he wants to talk to us in spite of the position we have taken, we’ll listen to him. But we have already taken our position, and that position is that we endorse Peter Obi from the South-East, given the fact that for fairness, equity and justice the president should come from the South-East.

“As a material, Obi stands out as the best in the political space in that position at this point in time. So, we are not going to invite anybody and we are not joking about it.”

Re: We Support Obi; No Need For Meetings With Other Presidential Flag-bearers – Ohan by Mirra00(f): 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2022
Funny
Re: We Support Obi; No Need For Meetings With Other Presidential Flag-bearers – Ohan by Laggafin: 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2022
First time they impressed me Obidiently .Atiku and Tinubu are great back stabbers cool

1 Like

Re: We Support Obi; No Need For Meetings With Other Presidential Flag-bearers – Ohan by oyebanji44: 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2022
Support ur kind and we Nigerians support our own.. individually

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We Support Obi; No Need For Meetings With Other Presidential Flag-bearers – Ohan by floss(m): 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2022
The only way peace will return in this buhari regime is him contracting Book Haram and ISWAP to safe guard the nation, so that it will be on record that we are doomed...Y do you think Tilumbu embraced and dines with touts so that he can be in control of Lagos because its he that pay the piper that dictates the tone

1 Like

Re: We Support Obi; No Need For Meetings With Other Presidential Flag-bearers – Ohan by OnionBandit(f): 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2022
oyebanji44:
Support ur kind and we Nigerians support our own.. individually
Good. Make everybody dey him lane. If any of their untrained children insult me because I support my own, if I no curse am sef, curse go follow am, aswearugad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Support Obi; No Need For Meetings With Other Presidential Flag-bearers – Ohan by oyebanji44: 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2022
OnionBandit:
Good. Make everybody dey him lane. If any of their untrained children insult me because I support my own, if I no curse am sef, curse go follow am, aswearugad

Abi ooo... grin cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Breaking! Nigeria's First Aviation Minister, Mbazulike Amechi Dies At 93 / Man Who Want To End Poverty In Nigeria / Powerful PDP Governors Who Have Failed To Declared Support For Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.