Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,641 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

My Visa Story For Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visa Story For Canada (1399 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visa Story For Canada by Koll123: 4:41pm On Oct 29, 2022
It was a promise I made within myself that I would share my story once my visa was granted because Nairaland gave me clue and hope during my visa travails.
After securing admission for masters and paying the necessary tuition fee, I applied for visa. One month after applying for visa, I received a medical request email from IRCC. I went to IOM Abuja for the medical test, that was when my travails began. After the test, I was told they suspected I had Tuberculosis, so I had to undergo something called culture test. That was my first time hearing tuberculosis, I searched those that had similar problems on Nairaland, I saw that 95% of those who were told had this disease at IOM later came out negative after the so called culture test. I ran a culture test at IOM for three days, I was told the test result would take 8 weeks (2 months) before it could come out. After a deafening silence for good 2 months, I received an email from IOM that my tuberculosis test came out negative, and I was told to come back one month later for a redo X-ray (everything making 3 months). I wasn’t even happy because in my mind I just said this people just wasted my 3 months for nothing because I knew from the start that I had no tuberculosis. I just had to defer my semester because it was already September. On September 8, I went for the redo X-ray scan. On 16th September, I received a passport request. On September 19th I submitted my passport. And on September 21, I was sent an SMS that my passport is ready for collection which I collected same day with my visa on it
Good luck to everyone applying

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visa Story For Canada by yerima21: 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2022
Big congratulations and than you for taking your time to give this feedback which definitely will be of help to many in the same circumstance !
Best of lucks in your studies and subsequent endeavours abroad !
Re: My Visa Story For Canada by utepu: 8:13pm On Oct 29, 2022
Thanks you so much for sharing.
Can you help with the step by step process you take to get the admission?

Did you engage a travel agent to get the admission?

Did you apply for the Visa yourself without the aid of an agent?

Can you help me with a guide on how to go about admission and the visa.

I can be reached on alexjosephine63@gmail.com.

Thanks
Re: My Visa Story For Canada by proff010: 8:28pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ayo ni oòoo.

1 Like

Re: My Visa Story For Canada by Koll123: 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2022
utepu:
Thanks you so much for sharing.
Can you help with the step by step process you take to get the admission?

Did you engage a travel agent to get the admission?

Did you apply for the Visa yourself without the aid of an agent?

Can you help me with a guide on how to go about admission and the visa.

I can be reached on alexjosephine63@gmail.com.

Thanks

I believe I should reply here so that others in your similar shoe can learn. So I apply for the school through someone I know. He was the one who told me about the school. Looking at the application, it does not like something I could not do myself but I allowed him to because he was not charging me.
About the visa, I did everything myself from top to bottom
Re: My Visa Story For Canada by Agricmoney(m): 9:34pm On Oct 29, 2022
congrats

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: My Visa Story For Canada by cokeryusuf09(m): 10:23pm On Oct 29, 2022
japa activated grin cool tongue
Re: My Visa Story For Canada by Fanikoko: 10:34pm On Oct 29, 2022
Congratulations
Remain Blessed
Re: My Visa Story For Canada by Jokerman(m): 1:07am On Oct 30, 2022
Everyone is running out....

It's not fair
Re: My Visa Story For Canada by xrismuove: 7:23am On Oct 30, 2022
Please I will like to reach out to u for more information. Please assist with ur WhatsApp number through 08033805657.
Re: My Visa Story For Canada by Koll123: 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2022
xrismuove:
Please I will like to reach out to u for more information. Please assist with ur WhatsApp number through 08033805657.

Ok. I will chat you
Re: My Visa Story For Canada by sammirano: 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2022
Koll123:
It was a promise I made within myself that I would share my story once my visa was granted because Nairaland gave me clue and hope during my visa travails.
After securing admission for masters and paying the necessary tuition fee, I applied for visa. One month after applying for visa, I received a medical request email from IRCC. I went to IOM Abuja for the medical test, that was when my travails began. After the test, I was told they suspected I had Tuberculosis, so I had to undergo something called culture test. That was my first time hearing tuberculosis, I searched those that had similar problems on Nairaland, I saw that 95% of those who were told had this disease at IOM later came out negative after the so called culture test. I ran a culture test at IOM for three days, I was told the test result would take 8 weeks (2 months) before it could come out. After a deafening silence for good 2 months, I received an email from IOM that my tuberculosis test came out negative, and I was told to come back one month later for a redo X-ray (everything making 3 months). I wasn’t even happy because in my mind I just said this people just wasted my 3 months for nothing because I knew from the start that I had no tuberculosis. I just had to defer my semester because it was already September. On September 8, I went for the redo X-ray scan. On 16th September, I received a passport request. On September 19th I submitted my passport. And on September 21, I was sent an SMS that my passport is ready for collection which I collected same day with my visa on it
Good luck to everyone applying

First time of hearing tuberculosis, that's a joke right.
Re: My Visa Story For Canada by Koll123: 6:12pm On Oct 30, 2022
sammirano:

First time of hearing tuberculosis, that's a joke right.

It sounds like joke but it’s not. I used to think it was a disease related to Hiv.
Re: My Visa Story For Canada by dealhunter(m): 1:43am On Oct 31, 2022
Koll123:

I believe I should reply here so that others in your similar shoe can learn. So I apply for the school through someone I know. He was the one who told me about the school. Looking at the application, it does not like something I could not do myself but I allowed him to because he was not charging me.
About the visa, I did everything myself from top to bottom
what's name of d sch,ur course and did you write any exam before gaining d admission?
Re: My Visa Story For Canada by Koll123: 4:02am On Oct 31, 2022
dealhunter:
what's name of d sch,ur course and did you write any exam before gaining d admission?
I didn’t write any test or English test. All I had was my olevel results, bsc, motivational letter and reference letter. And I paid for the application fee which was 105 Canadian dollar

(1) (Reply)

Fly Qatar To Dubai At The Cheapest Rate / Schooling In Canada Lambton College / Corps Member Raped By Osun Traditional Ruler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.