Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,536 members, 7,861,551 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:19 PM

Ladies In Nigeria Will Remain Single (unmmarried) Until They Do Away With Their - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ladies In Nigeria Will Remain Single (unmmarried) Until They Do Away With Their (1008 Views)

I Will Remain Single Or Marry A Whiteman- Toyin Aimakhu / Top 5 Beautiful State First Ladies In Nigeria / When The Two Ladies In Wizkid's Life Watched Him Perform At The Rhythm Unplugged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies In Nigeria Will Remain Single (unmmarried) Until They Do Away With Their by kingchild(m): 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2011
ladies in Nigeria will remain single (unmmarried) until they do away with their BB.

What makes elite matchmaker Christie Nightingale cry—in a good way? Witnessing her former clients melt into each other’s eyes on their wedding day. What about crying in a bad way? Learning that a client blew a chance at a second date with a great guy or gal by checking their BlackBerry halfway through dinner.
According to Christie, pulling out your cell phone is the number one faux pas people make on dates—and a real deal breaker. She recalls, “I provided an introduction for a charming, handsome, and powerful CEO. He pulled out his phone twice in the cab on the way to dinner, three times during the meal, and again on the drive home. His date informed me there would be no second meeting. When I mentioned this feedback to Prince Charming, he was shocked; he didn’t even realize he was doing it.” She suggests simply turning off your cell and giving your date your full attention. “If you really want a lasting relationship, you have to consider your priorities. Guaranteed, life will go on if you don’t check that incoming message.”

Part psychotherapist, part cheerleader, Christie makes it her business to deconstruct people’s courtship weaknesses and help them woo better the next time. And that business is booming—she recently hit the $1 million mark. With offices in New York, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia, and partners in Los Angeles and London, her database includes over 10,000 men and women seeking a lasting romantic partnership. She is also a consultant for The Bachelor.

Christie points out that no matter what is going on in the outside world, people never stop wanting to find true love. “My business has grown about 30 percent during the economic downturn, singles are looking for something real to hold on to.”
A far cry from the dating sites have mushroomed on the Internet, her company, Premier Match, will turn away a potential client if it seems like his real agenda is hooking up. Not that she doesn’t see a value in online dating. As she puts it, “If you are just ending a relationship and have been off the dating scene for awhile, it’s important to get back out there. Some people approach a date like a root canal—put on something nice and go have fun. It's only an hour and a half out of your day.”

However, when you are ready to get serious, the excitement of online dating can turn to disappointment. Many of her clients contact her office after failing to cultivate a sincere relationship through the Web. They complain that the people they have met aren’t fully honest about themselves nor are interested in taking it to the next level. Other clients she has are busy professionals who woke up one day and realized, “Oops, I forgot to get married.”

Maybe her own match is the best advertisement for this real-life Aphrodite’s business. She recently celebrated her 10th anniversary with her second husband. She describes her first husband (her college sweetheart) as a “hunk” and their four-year relationship as love at first sight—which she thinks is the kind that blinds you. Her second husband was not her typical “type” but she gave him a chance and was eventually smitten. She encourages, “If you meet someone who is caring and funny and smart, stick it out for three or four dates—even if they don’t meet your usual criteria.” She points out that if you stay emotionally open and give it a little time, you might discover the kind of love that grows and lasts.

More of matchmaker Christie Nightingale’s dating dos and don’ts

Don’t look someone up on the Internet prior to your date and then discuss your findings. This is creepy. The reason why you are on a date is to learn about the other person; why bother if you are going to do your own investigation from behind the safe haven of your computer screen.

Do enjoy getting to know someone by directly asking questions about their life. But, you don’t have to learn or reveal everything on a first date! Keep an air of mystery flowing.

Don’t wear any old thing. First impressions are lasting impressions. This rule applies especially to the ladies. It may sound old fashioned, but the reality is that men are very visually oriented.

Do swap your pearls for sexier jewelry and change your work blouse to something more festive if you are meeting right after the office.

Don’t talk about past relationships. All too often, I get feedback that a client ruined a date by going on and on about his/her ex.

Do stick with upbeat, neutral topics especially on a first or second date.

Don’t continually talk about yourself. No one finds a Talking Head to be attractive.

Do ask questions and be attentive. You already know yourself, wouldn’t it be wise to learn about your date and find out what you have in common?

Don’t be a complainer. Some people habitually criticize the food, the wine, the weather, or life in general and are consequently perceived as negative and unpleasant.

Do monitor your attitude and if you can’t find something positive to say about a subject refrain from saying anything. Your date will also be watching how you treat other people in order to discover how you will treat them when you are not on best behavior.

Don’t shut down if you aren’t instantly attracted to your date. Chemistry is crucial to any relationship but your initial response can change—sometimes after only 15 minutes! By shutting down, you are sabotaging what could be a wonderful match.

Do remain engaged through the entire course of a date. If you meet someone who you think is a great person but “not your type,” meet them for a second, third, or fourth date. You may be surprised at the feelings that blossom.

Do be on best behavior.

Don’t shut down if you aren’t instantly attracted to your date. Chemistry is crucial to any relationship but your initial response can change—sometimes after only 15 minutes! By shutting down, you are sabotaging what could be a wonderful match.

Do remain engaged through the entire course of a date. If you meet someone who you think is a great person but “not your type,” meet them for a second, third, or fourth date. You may be surprised at the feelings that blossom.

Related: relationships, matchmaker, marriage, love, dos and don'ts, dating advice

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/poweryourfuture/millionaire-matchmaker-reveals-dating-dealbreakers-2528119/
Re: Ladies In Nigeria Will Remain Single (unmmarried) Until They Do Away With Their by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2011
BB indeed
Re: Ladies In Nigeria Will Remain Single (unmmarried) Until They Do Away With Their by kingchild(m): 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2011
i find this very interesting, i instinctinvely told a lady off in my mind because of her BB attitude. not welcoming atall. check the number of unmarried ladies around, the ratio prior to advent of smartphones ,BB is on the alarming rate against the BB.

my thots sha, i only want reasonable response to educate the ladies.

Ops, pls can u move this to romance , i mistakenly typed it here.
Re: Ladies In Nigeria Will Remain Single (unmmarried) Until They Do Away With Their by tpia5: 11:33pm On Aug 20, 2011
I watch movies about this type of thing all the time, and i must say i fear if i had to be in those situations then i'll remain unmarried for sure. Every faux pass you want to think of, i know  i'll commit it unfailingly.

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce And Mum Attends London Fashion Week To Promote House Of Dereon Line / Picture Of Babasuwe In Ndlea Custody. / Professor Chinua Achebe Rejects National Award For The 2nd Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.