Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,833 members, 7,851,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:46 AM

Beauty Of Parliamentary Democracy: British Pm Throws In The Towel In 44 Days! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beauty Of Parliamentary Democracy: British Pm Throws In The Towel In 44 Days! (198 Views)

Tinubu Yet To Reconvene FEC 44 Days After Inaugural Meeting / APC: I Have Never Lost Any Election In 44 Years Of Politics – Abdullahi Adamu / Ifeanyi Ubah Criticises Keyamo, Says He Is Ignorant Of Parliamentary Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beauty Of Parliamentary Democracy: British Pm Throws In The Towel In 44 Days! by z07ion: 8:29pm On Oct 29, 2022
The British Parliament is 221years old and Ms. Liz Truss, the 56th Prime Minister stepped down from office on Thursday 20th October, 2022, having spent just 44 days – the shortest tenure on that exalted seat of leadership and power!

Her resignation resonated like a rude shock to world powers and political pundits but not to her colleagues and former contestants who never gave her any credit for success!
In fact one of them described her very short tenure as “ tumultuous premiership” which reneged on key pledges including immigration!
“The race is not to the swift, or the battle to the strong nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favour to the learned; but time and chance happened to them all. But he that shall endure until the end the same shall be saved.”

Who would have thought that Liz Truss who was able garner 57% of the 172,000 votes to defeat all other seven contenders (including Nigeria-born ‘Kemi Badenoch), hands down with battery of academic brilliance, cerebral performances, presentations in economy, politics, industry, fiscal and monetary issues, would chicken out when the race was just warming up?
She could not sustain the complicated terrain of the HOT SEAT, was unpretentious but confessed her frustration within 44 official days in office and promised that a NEW LEADER/PRIME MINISTER WOULD EMERGE TO SUCCEED HER IN ONE WEEK! The beauty of UK's Parliamentary Democracy is incomparable, unprecedented!

According to some reports she was said to have resigned her appointment, just 24 hours after she declared, I'm a fighter not a quitter”.
SUCH A FORTHRIGHT DECISION WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN NIGERIA’S MILITARY PRESIDENTIAL SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT! (They would rather sit tight, corrupt and destroy the entire system with nepotism and institutional impunity)!

LIZ TRUSS RESIGNATION SPEECH!

In a speech at 10 Downing Street she made the following submissions:
*I came into office at a time of great economic and international instability when families and businesses were worried about how to pay their bills.
*And coupled with Putin’s illegal war in Ukraine which threatens the security of a whole continent and our country has been held back for too long by low economic growth.
*With the mandate of the Conservative Party’s platform on which I was elected we delivered on energy bills and on cutting National insurance and also set out a vision for a low-tax high-growth economy that will take advantage of the freedoms of Brexit.
*I RECOGNISE, THOUGH, GIVEN THE SITUATION I CANNOT DELIVER THE MANDATE ON WHICH I WAS ELECTED BY THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY!
*I have therefore spoken to his majesty the King to notify him that I am resigning as leader or the Conservative Party and having met with the Chairman of the 1922 Backbench Committee, Sir Graham Brady, we agreed that there will be a leadership election to be completed within the next week to ensure that we remain on a part to deliver our fiscal plans and maintain our country's economic stability and national Security.
* I will remain as Prime Minister until a successor has been chosen.

LABOUR PARTY, OTHERS DEMAND FOR GENERAL ELECTIONS!

General Elections cycle in the UK is five years. The Tories, voted to power December 17, 2019 will be challenged in fresh elections from December 17, 2024, which means that they still have TWO YEARS to dissolve. UK Prime Ministers and their respective Parliaments can only serve five years from the day on which day first meet.
The next general elections will be expected in January 2025 although an official date is yet to be announced.

Liberal Democrats leader Sir Ed Davey has called for a general election by saying that there was no need for another Conservative Prime Minister lurching from crisis to crisis!
Roll call of general elections in recent years had thrown up David Cameron, Theresa May, Boris Johnson and Liz Truss – all Conservatives in that order! Boris Johnson assumed office through the general elections of December 12, 2019.

There can be no better time than now for Nigerians at home and the Diaspora to demand for a UNICAMERAL PARLIAMENTARY CONSTITUTION from Major General Muhammadu Buhari, for a Prime Minister to succeed him in 2023!
A PARLIAMENTARY GOVERNMENT is the solution to the current insecurity quagmire that bestrides the nation and no politician should say that the demand is too close to the 2023 General Elections! REFERENDUM is the right instrument for its achievement!

I am, yours sincerely, Dr. David B.A. Olufon, 08130669886, 08080243066. G-mail-dvdolufon@gmail.

(1) (Reply)

Wike Inaugurate 100,000 Spcail Adviser / Benue Retirees Live In Penury As Government Defaults On Pension Payment / Battle Between The 2023 Presidential Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.