Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,667 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Fraud Alert - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraud Alert (376 Views)

Fraud Alert! Please Who Know Mayorall, Scammed Me Huge Amount Of Money!!! / Fraud Alert!!! First Bank Debited Me N5,842.23 / Data Bundle Fraud Alert: Beware Of Daodu Opeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud Alert by Greatdand007(m): 9:52pm On Oct 29, 2022
I misplace my sim for a while now and this night someone bought card with my sim with almost 20k how did they got to know my gtbank pin cos it always request for a pin when I decided to call the number it rang and the person busy my call
Re: Fraud Alert by Tinubuagbado: 10:05pm On Oct 29, 2022
Greatdand007:
I misplace my sim for a while now and this night someone bought card with my sim with almost 20k how did they got to know my gtbank pin cos it always request for a pin when I decided to call the number it rang and the person busy my call

Call your bank and block your account asap
Re: Fraud Alert by DBestDoc(f): 11:14pm On Oct 29, 2022
Greatdand007:

How they knew? They didn’t know the pin, it was simply reset and bank confirmation OTP was sent to your sim.
It’s been said over and over again that people should try and password their SIM cards.

Sorry for your experience.

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert by Greatdand007(m): 8:41am On Oct 30, 2022
DBestDoc:

How they knew? They didn’t know the pin, it was simply reset and bank confirmation OTP was sent to your sim.
It’s been said over and over again that people should try and password their SIM cards.

Thanks boss I once read this on Nairaland but I didn't do it I never tot my sim would be lost
Re: Fraud Alert by PoliteActivist: 8:58am On Oct 30, 2022
DBestDoc:

Hiw do you password sim?
Re: Fraud Alert by DBestDoc(f): 9:22am On Oct 30, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Hiw do you password sim?

I don’t know the kind of phone you use, so I cannot tell exactly but you should use google. It’s as simple as going through the settings and changing the default pin which is different for each network. Just google it.
Re: Fraud Alert by PoliteActivist: 9:35am On Oct 30, 2022
DBestDoc:

I don’t know the kind of phone you use, so I cannot tell exactly but you should use google. It’s as simple as going through the settings and changing the default pin which is different for each network. Just google it.

Oh ok, you mean setting a password for the phone. All phones request if you wish to set a password. Or is there a difference between passwording the phone and passwording the sim?

(1) (Reply)

21-year-old Man Stabbed To Death By His Girlfriend In Lekki / Nigerians Forced To Work For Crypto Scams By Chinese Mafia / How Lagos CEO Scammed Cab Driver With Fake Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.