Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. (16252 Views)

Lockdown: Inter-state Travelling. Share Your Experience. / "Nigeria Nurses Working Abroad, Share your experience" / Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by aboyaji(m): 1:36pm On Oct 30, 2022
I travelled to Ivory Coast some months ago, so I settled in a remote area to reduce cost as a newbie.

One day I was going to an office for registration. Before I could meet up at the junction by 9am, the vehicles heading towards my proposed destination had all gone out. So I stood by the junction for sometimes with the help of the tree branches acting as shed and protecting me from the scorching sun.

A woman selling stuffs by the roadside asked me why I hadn't stopped the police officers on patrol to carry me along.

I said ... Me?

She said Yes, you. Stop them and they'll definitely take you (in french)

I was shocked shocked

I declined the offer (because I was still running on the Nigerian operating system version 1.0

She insisted that they'll gladly be of assistance to me.

So there was a large number of the police officers coming in their 2 Hilux vehicles and about 8 motorcycles running behind the Hilux.

I waved at the Hilux in fear. Make Dem no lock me up in the process. The Hilux carrying some officers stopped. I wasn't fluently speaking the french. I gesticulated much while dishing out the little french I had in me. One of the officers politely told me they were not heading towards my direction and zoomed off.

The woman insisted that I stopped the ones on the motorcycles. I did and they stopped one after the other. They pulled over along the verge of the road.

Then, I told them where I was headed. The others told me they weren't heading towards my direction but 1. Only one out of them all was heading towards my direction. He asked me to join him.

shocked shocked shocked

Na police be this or what? And one thing about these police officers here is that they are always neatly dressed. Clean from head to toe. Clean shaven.

That was how we rode till we got to the office, then I alighted. The distance we covered, on a proper commercial vehicle costs 1k here. Yet a police officer was able to render such help.

The woman said that's how they live here and I'm a testament of that fact.

The people here are always ready to assist.

217 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Nwaotu10(m): 5:53pm On Oct 30, 2022
wink

In 2010

I went for a football trial in Russia with some other dudes from Naija. None of us passed the test, and returning to Naija is "no no" for me. I ran away from where we were camped and hit the street.

The hunger I met in the street was maddening, and I couldn't ask for help cos of Language barrier.

To cut the story short, I met a police officer and was crying profusely, making a gesture towards my stomach to indicate a riling hunger. grin

He took me to an eatery and I ate to satisfaction.

I showed him my papers and he took me to the airport and gave me 500 Rubles.
I thanked him and checked in.

150 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by aboyaji(m): 8:37pm On Oct 30, 2022
Nwaotu10:
Nlfpmod wink

In 2010

I went for a football trial in Russia with some other dudes from Naija. None of us passed the test, and returning to Naija is "no no" for me. I ran away from where we were camped and hit the street.

The hunger I met in the street was maddening, and I couldn't ask for help cos of Language barrier.

To cut the story short, I met a police officer and was crying profusely, making a gesture towards my stomach to indicate a riling hunger. grin

He took me to an eatery and I ate to satisfaction.

I showed him my papers and he took me to the airport and gave me 500 Rubles.
I thanked him and checked in.

Wow. Just wow!!!

Overtime, I've come to understand that the Nigerian forces have been bastardized. No discipline in the line of work. Operation everywhere. For long now, a citizen of Nigeria threatens another with a soldier. Soldiers that are supposed to be out of reach.

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Nwaotu10(m): 9:07pm On Oct 30, 2022
aboyaji:

Wow. Just wow!!!

Overtime, I've come to understand that the Nigerian forces have been bastardized. No discipline in the line of work. Operation everywhere. For long now, a citizen of Nigeria threatens another with a soldier. Soldiers that are supposed to be out of reach.

Our security forces are dysfunctional, outdated, demoded and fossilized. They need a total overhauling and afterwards, be equipped with a modern policing ideology with sincere concepts of rule of law and fundamental human rights.

I've been to Lusaka, Zambia. Throughout the years I spent there, I only saw their soldiers once when there was a small fracas in Lusaka then.
Nigeria is gone grin

121 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by aboyaji(m): 12:05am On Oct 31, 2022
Nwaotu10:

Our security forces are dysfunctional, outdated, demoded and fossilized. They need a total overhauling and afterwards, be equipped with a modern policing ideology with sincere concepts of rule of law and fundamental human rights.

I've been to Lusaka, Zambia. Throughout the years I spent there, I only saw their soldiers once when there was a small fracas in Lusaka then.
Nigeria is gone grin

Nigeria needs complete overhauling. I'm yet to see the ivorian soldiers.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Ekakamba: 12:51pm On Oct 31, 2022
grin
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by DenreleDave(m): 12:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
cheesy cheesy
Abeg i need a sam..sung phone.. A series. Second hand. 4/ 64gb upward

budget is 4.0k.. Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by superlanny(m): 12:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
Police is your friend and in a sane world should be the first line of protection, security and compassion. But in a country named Nigeria its the total opposite, bunch of unprofessional criminals on uniform.
I once heard a friend say he feels safer in the hands of armed robbers than policemen. What exactly do we expect from policemen in the zoo.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Sholaco: 12:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
Police are your friend
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Akonimohate12: 12:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
grin

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by inoki247: 12:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
I just thank God for once me nd police neva get issue.....

Almost all the Police in doz West Africa francophone country dey organize pass na bike dem dey use arrest Car and dey will neva chase u any aw...

If you violate dere law na jus ur paper dem go seize dem no go even tow ur vehicle dey carry ur car wey no get paper up nd down if he sure for u....

And dey ar Less corrupt dem no dey put dere Corruption for face...

Buh u see all diz English speaking West Africa country dem no go hide dere Corruption jus go any English speaking country u go understand say na d same blood dey run inside every English speaking law enforcement agency....

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by yellowgarri2(m): 12:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nigeria police force has a long way to go.

3 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by frankmoney(m): 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
Police is not your friend . Irrespective of the country you live in

7 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by obembet(f): 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
Meet the best police officer Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8rztZI9WA

4 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Antoeni(m): 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
God Forbid BAT- thing,
Police Are Legit Armed Robbers, Assassins , Kidnapers Backed By The Law

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by SmartPolician: 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2022
In the past, our police was one of the most friendly organisations in the world. Today, that institution has become a den of rogues.

Nigeria police is not oriented to be our friend anymore. How can a police division answer Fire for Fire and you expect them to friendly? undecided

22 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Wilson500: 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2022
The problem of Nigeria are Nigerians
From the elites down to the masses
We are our own problem
Every sector of the country has been bastardized grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Carlylepneuma: 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nigerian police ain't ur friend in anyway shape or form. The only friend they have is one who gives them monkey any day anytime time in fact when they see there usual maga they can stand up and pay him compliment as if he's there superior in the service...

15 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by seanwilliam(m): 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
Hmm
I don’t think it’s applicable to Nigeria
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by callmevirus(m): 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
Here in SA you can walk into police station to ask for a space to pass the night if you don't have any place to sleep and you can flagged them down to take you to your destination.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by pansophist(m): 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
It was a cold winter and we were coming back from clubbing in another city, and as broke international student, a 15km taxi ride back home will cost a lot, as train was not operating that time. The friend that should drove us home disappointed.

We stopped a police van and explain our situation to them, and they only check our ID and drove us home free of charge. Even chatting with us like pals in their van. Good times.

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Brendaniel: 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
Our current leaders don't want the Police corrupt system to change, the moment it changes the politicians will lose the power of stealing and getting away with it...

27 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by obembet(f): 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
NIgerian police is the best in the world

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by NNtv(m): 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
I don't know but I will e 26 years old but I never had a single police issue here in Nigeria. I also pray never to have it.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by bestman09(m): 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nigerian police are different from other countries policemen, that's why they command little respect. They can't be classified as someone's friend.

Go to Benin republic and see the value and respect their policemen command. Those ones can be classified as friends to the people

18 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by ObiaboAdoka(m): 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nigerian police is not nd will never b my friend.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by MrOkenwa(m): 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2022
Dubai Police officers are very professional.
I was trying to locate an office in Dubai marina. I approached the police officers in their SUV. They took me in their vehicle and dropped me off at the entrance of the office.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by ahnie: 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2022
Stupid Nigerian policemen that forcefully collected 2 of my indomie noodles years ago when I was coming from evening waec lessons.

Low budget individuals.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by GRACEGLORY: 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2022

POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND.

The Police Is Your Friend  (PISYF!!!)
“The police is your friend.”
This has been the motto of the Nigeria police since the inception of the NPF (Nigeria Police Force). 

"The Police is your friend."
That's the motto,
That's what they say...
"They call him my friend."

Motto, dead as scrap,
Rot as egg, stink as corpse.
Words Impotent as prick,
Lame as sagging breasts,
Breasts sagging-
Like bag of salt!
"Such eye saw."
See lie, as black-burnt-
As coal.
Coal as black-burnt
As lie...
My lamentations...

"The Police is your friend."
Whoever said it,
Was either ignorant,
Or part of 'em-
Black-blue uniform grieve-
Inflicting circus...

Returning from-
His factory work 9:00 pm
That too mean angry-
Monday night...
Never knew the devil,
Had set him up with his son (the police).
First, He held him up,
Second, he took all his money,
Third, he took his fake Gucci watch too.
Punched him in the ribs.
And young man couldn't eat-
Nor breathe for days thereafter.
X-ray says fractured ribs.

He killed Mutiu
The bus conductor, 
All for shandy,
Under the bridge at Oshodí,
See this son of satan.

Caroline's pregnant belly,
He ripped opened with stray bullet... 
Christ!

Kola, O.A.U finalist,
He killed along sàgàmu road,
To dispossess boy of fees-
And shoes.
This son of Lucifer, tagged him: "ROBBER KILLED IN ACTION."
"ROADKILL", made a roadkill.
Still, "The Police is your friend."
Ótàfà sóké tó yídó bòrì
Èsu lààlu òbayè jè là n royé.

I reported an abuse of me
To him,
Said, 'cept I grease his palms
He wouldn't do the needful, 
Three hours after I helped myself 
He came,
Picked me up,
Beat me up,
And locked me up.
Damn! How he fxcked me up.
Still, tied me up,
As my assailant 
Now complainant did greased his-
Devil's palms.
Officer!
Please, let me out,
Said till I pay the bail.
After all, they say: "bail is free..."
Yet, "The Police is your friend."
Mtchweee...

He terrorizes all,
As the prince of hell... 
Dead drunk with all-
Taped AK47 in hand,
Ancient rusted cuffs,
And empty tear gas canister-
Dances on his waist
His uniforms,
All thread bare-
With patches in the bottom...
His toes peeping out of his fake shoes,
Terrorizing the civics
For no just course 
But for drunk course.
Somebody help, help, heelp!
Before this terror-
In black-blue-black uniforms,
Unjustly twist the future to rest.

“The police is your friend."
These bad eggs, In The Nigeria Police Force, 
Are no friends of mine!

© Cyrus O. Jesunifemi

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by pweeryambre: 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2022
Years ago we got a call from my younger brother in school that the police came to their hostel and had them arrested for just hanging out in front of the school off campus yard at night. With their girlfriends oh
We got there the police brought out a written statement which they claimed was written by my brother that they found an Ak47 in his school bag and a grenade which was ridiculous all a lie. They had written the stupid thing and forced by brother to sign.
7 days later they kept telling us to come today come tommoro. One particular officer made it a habit to go eat at one near by restaurant and having my dad pay for it.
They ended up extorting 300k from us shaa. SARS Awkuzu Anambra state. Despicable things.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by thundafire: 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nwaotu10:

Nigeria is gone grin
fossilized grin u mean the were formed during stone age and still have that mentality

5 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Kentuforchrist(m): 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nigeria police can never be our friend

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have Never Been To An Airport / Lagos State Government Announces Traffic Diversion Along Marina / 50% Of Nigerians Seeking Asylum In Belgium Are From Edo, Lagos’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.