Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. (16316 Views)

Lockdown: Inter-state Travelling. Share Your Experience. / "Nigeria Nurses Working Abroad, Share your experience" / Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
DenreleDave:

bros hope u no mad?

change screen for samsung and port

abeg move joor

You wey normal come online dey find A series with 64gb Rom for 40K nko?

You dey find cheap phone wey you go carry come promote Tinubu propaganda online. With all una sophisticated mouth, you no even fit afford phone.

Go to one of MC Oluomo's garage, you'll find a stolen phone to buy there.

16 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Mrtaye: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
pansophist:
It was a cold winter and we were coming back from clubbing in another city, and as broke international student, a 15km taxi ride back home will cost a lot, as train was not operating that time. The friend that should drove us home disappointed.

We stopped a police van and explain our situation to them, and they only check our ID and drove us home free of charge. Even chatting with us like pals in their van. Good times.
Which country is that please
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Excelxpress: 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
First in 2016 in SA .. their police once stopped me and he was like . Where are you from? I said Nija he told me he love p-square grin

Second one was when I was going to Cape Town . Police gave me direction

2018 Kenya … � nija police d learn from those ones . From airport sef police go bill you his 3 months salary once ! Kenya police and bribe be like APC AND LIES cheesy

2019 Benin Republic … only one police man without gun can put three bike men on their knees begging � if na nija okada go leave am run . Benin republic police d feel like God but their military do posting in banks like security men . Relegation �

2020. Tanzania…. They don’t understand English at all . Only Swahili. I met one I had visa oh . Yet this mugu carry me to deportation camp and before I know it . See me see Lagos just because I refused to give him 300$

2021. Uganda . Those ones and bribe na twins and they are cheap to bribe . Friendly and they love enjoyment . Give them money for ugali or nyamanchoma you are the boss!!!

2022 Dubai…. Their police are classic and they are very friendly ! I will snap with one someday �

In all, I think the most important thing is Nigerian govt should increase the minimum wage first from 30k to 80k . Then increase the salaries of Nigerian police so they can have self worth and little dignity

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by virginchaser(m): 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
My experience with Nigerian police at Uyo. Aero dropped us with their coaster bus after stormy weather that forced us back to Lagos from Calabar airspace. We finally made it back to Calabar Airport but car scheduled to take us to Uyo had left. This was before Uyo airport was built.

We arrived Uyo by road at about 12 midnight stranded, no taxis but friendly police team parked and gave us lift to our hotel without asking for one naira.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Adakintroy: 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
Shoodboi:

You are talking off point. The fact that you're comparing a police officer to a criminal is enough to tell you there's something really wrong with the system. Which other government branch/agency will you compare to a criminal organization? The Army abd Boko Haram. I's better to be brutalized by the army than Boko Haram because... Common man!

Am talk about dark psychopathy not social organizations on the outside.
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Nwaotu10(m): 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
thundafire:
fossilized grin u mean the were formed during stone age and still have that mentality
grin grin
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by deavicky(m): 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nwaotu10:

wink

In 2010

I went for a football trial in Russia with some other dudes from Naija. None of us passed the test, and returning to Naija is "no no" for me. I ran away from where we were camped and hit the street.

The hunger I met in the street was maddening, and I couldn't ask for help cos of Language barrier.

To cut the story short, I met a police officer and was crying profusely, making a gesture towards my stomach to indicate a riling hunger. grin

He took me to an eatery and I ate to satisfaction.

I showed him my papers and he took me to the airport and gave me 500 Rubles.
I thanked him and checked in.
just small hunger make u lose your dream. Remember man shall not leave by bread alone.

2 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by eaglechild: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nwaotu10:

Our security forces are dysfunctional, outdated, demoded and fossilized. They need a total overhauling and afterwards, be equipped with a modern policing ideology with sincere concepts of rule of law and fundamental human rights.

I've been to Lusaka, Zambia. Throughout the years I spent there, I only saw their soldiers once when there was a small fracas in Lusaka then.
Nigeria is gone grin

What about the citizens of Nigeria. Don't we have a role to play?
Not to be harsh but you ran away in a country that you do not know the language and have no legal stay. What did you hope the outcome would be?
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Adakintroy: 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2022
Shoodboi:

You are talking off point. The fact that you're comparing a police officer to a criminal is enough to tell you there's something really wrong with the system. Which other government branch/agency will you compare to a criminal organization? The Army abd Boko Haram. I's better to be brutalized by the army than Boko Haram because... Common man!

Ok
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Qatar2022: 3:28pm On Oct 31, 2022
inoki247:
I just thank God for once me nd police neva get issue.....

Almost all the Police in doz West Africa francophone country dey organize pass na bike dem dey use arrest Car and dey will neva chase u any aw...

If you violate dere law na jus ur paper dem go seize dem no go even tow ur vehicle dey carry ur car wey no get paper up nd down if he sure for u....

And dey ar Less corrupt dem no dey put dere Corruption for face...

Buh u see all diz English speaking West Africa country dem no go hide dere Corruption jus go any English speaking country u go understand say na d same blood dey run inside every English speaking law enforcement agency....
After reading this your comment i took paracetamol
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 31, 2022
I was sitting somewhere very close to my house around 5pm broad day light and suddenly some set of secret cult came and point gun on me and ask for my phone ... immediately I release the phone to them and they went away with it. Immediately I went to report the case at the nearest police station and I was asked to write statements and I left. Few minutes later I received a call from a policeman and asked me to come back that some of them has been arrested..immediately I got to the police... the police man asked what I’m doing where I was robbed and I was locked up. They told me the investigation is going on and I was in cell for 2days and still pay almost 10k for bail

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Timagex(m): 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nwaotu10:

Our security forces are dysfunctional, outdated, demoded and fossilized. They need a total overhauling and afterwards, be equipped with a modern policing ideology with sincere concepts of rule of law and fundamental human rights.

I've been to Lusaka, Zambia. Throughout the years I spent there, I only saw their soldiers once when there was a small fracas in Lusaka then.
Nigeria is gone grin

These "Englishes" are too much o! Why na? shocked grin
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by DREYMAN7: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2022
DenreleDave:
cheesy cheesy
Abeg i need a sam..sung phone.. A series. Second hand. 4/ 64gb upward

budget is 4.0k.. Lagos

Hit me up bro
Not scam
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by TUTU147: 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2022
The government and the society gave birth to the kind of police we have, you don't give what you don't have.
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by ZombieSlayer1: 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2022
Adakintroy:
Police is actually your friend. Compared to the alternatives of "you" yes you and robbers. They are the better option. Its actually a technical question that mostly operate on our blindside. Like which has the darkest untamed/unchecked psychopathy?.

The arm robber is capable of stealing from you, killing you or raping you. Thats dark. What's even more darker is most our response Many People are so sick that the retaliations they exhibits involve slowly beating the robber and burning him alive. ( jungle justice).

Now compare that to the police. You to one extreme as enemy to the robber on the other extreme with police in the middle.

When the robber see a police when being beaten. He is glad. When you see a police when being robbed you glad. That is how I think we arrive at that crossroad. Police is your friend!
lolz...you neva jam. In Nigeria, there's no difference between policemen and armed robbers. A police patrol team arrested my friend one night, drove him to a bushy area and made him transfer all the funds in his account and told him he'll shoot him and label him an armed robber if he doesn't comply

2 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by MaziChidoh: 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
When I was 14, I was coming back from farm on a hot dry afternoon, peddling my bicycle, I was very thirsty and no where I can get water to drink, luckily or unluckily for me I reached a police checkpoint (if you're traveling from PH-ABA-UMUAHIA-OKIGWE-ENUGU Expressway, the very first Checkpoint in Enugu located at obuovia Awgu L.G.A Enugu State) , I sighted about 2 or 3 bags of satchet(pure) water, I was like thank God I've found water to drink, I summoned courage and approached one police officer and greeted him and asked him to give me one satchet water that I'm very thirsty, the officer scared me away and asked me to go home and drink water, he couldn't give me water to drink, I couldn't believe it, that memory will live with me till I die,
The funny part of it is that these bags of water there is a gift from water company passing by

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by ZombieSlayer1: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2022
Buddha3:

You wey normal come online dey find A series with 64gb Rom for 40K nko?

You dey find cheap phone wey you go carry come promote Tinubu propaganda online. With all una sophisticated mouth, you no even fit afford phone.

Go to one of MC Oluomo's garage, you'll find a stolen phone to buy there.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Enimin: 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2022
aboyaji:
I travelled to Ivory Coast some months ago, so I settled in a remote area to reduce cost as a newbie.

One day I was going to an office for registration. Before I could meet up at the junction by 9am, the vehicles heading towards my proposed destination had all gone out. So I stood by the junction for sometimes with the help of the tree branches acting as shed and protecting me from the scorching sun.

A woman selling stuffs by the roadside asked me why I hadn't stopped the police officers on patrol to carry me along.

I said ... Me?

She said Yes, you. Stop them and they'll definitely take you (in french)

I was shocked shocked

I declined the offer (because I was still running on the Nigerian operating system version 1.0

She insisted that they'll gladly be of assistance to me.

So there was a large number of the police officers coming in their 2 Hilux vehicles and about 8 motorcycles running behind the Hilux.

I waved at the Hilux in fear. Make Dem no lock me up in the process. The Hilux carrying some officers stopped. I wasn't fluently speaking the french. I gesticulated much while dishing out the little french I had in me. One of the officers politely told me they were not heading towards my direction and zoomed off.

The woman insisted that I stopped the ones on the motorcycles. I did and they stopped one after the other. They pulled over along the verge of the road.

Then, I told them where I was headed. The others told me they weren't heading towards my direction but 1. Only one out of them all was heading towards my direction. He asked me to join him.

shocked shocked shocked

Na police be this or what? And one thing about these police officers here is that they are always neatly dressed. Clean from head to toe. Clean shaven.

That was how we rode till we got to the office, then I alighted. The distance we covered, on a proper commercial vehicle costs 1k here. Yet a police officer was able to render such help.

The woman said that's how they live here and I'm a testament of that fact.

The people here are always ready to assist.

Naija police will carry you along, rob you of all cash even from your account before dumping you by the roadside somewhere

3 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Missionaire: 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2022
GRACEGLORY:

POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND.

The Police Is Your Friend  (PISYF!!!)
“The police is your friend.”
This has been the motto of the Nigeria police since the inception of the NPF (Nigeria Police Force). 

"The Police is your friend."
That's the motto,
That's what they say...
"They call him my friend."

Motto, dead as scrap,
Rot as egg, stink as corpse.
Words Impotent as prick,
Lame as sagging breasts,
Breasts sagging-
Like bag of salt!
"Such eye saw."
See lie, as black-burnt-
As coal.
Coal as black-burnt
As lie...
My lamentations...

"The Police is your friend."
Whoever said it,
Was either ignorant,
Or part of 'em-
Black-blue uniform grieve-
Inflicting circus...

Returning from-
His factory work 9:00 pm
That too mean angry-
Monday night...
Never knew the devil,
Had set him up with his son (the police).
First, He held him up,
Second, he took all his money,
Third, he took his fake Gucci watch too.
Punched him in the ribs.
And young man couldn't eat-
Nor breathe for days thereafter.
X-ray says fractured ribs.

He killed Mutiu
The bus conductor, 
All for shandy,
Under the bridge at Oshodí,
See this son of satan.

Caroline's pregnant belly,
He ripped opened with stray bullet... 
Christ!

Kola, O.A.U finalist,
He killed along sàgàmu road,
To dispossess boy of fees-
And shoes.
This son of Lucifer, tagged him: "ROBBER KILLED IN ACTION."
"ROADKILL", made a roadkill.
Still, "The Police is your friend."
Ótàfà sóké tó yídó bòrì
Èsu lààlu òbayè jè là n royé.

I reported an abuse of me
To him,
Said, 'cept I grease his palms
He wouldn't do the needful, 
Three hours after I helped myself 
He came,
Picked me up,
Beat me up,
And locked me up.
Damn! How he fxcked me up.
Still, tied me up,
As my assailant 
Now complainant did greased his-
Devil's palms.
Officer!
Please, let me out,
Said till I pay the bail.
After all, they say: "bail is free..."
Yet, "The Police is your friend."
Mtchweee...

He terrorizes all,
As the prince of hell... 
Dead drunk with all-
Taped AK47 in hand,
Ancient rusted cuffs,
And empty tear gas canister-
Dances on his waist
His uniforms,
All thread bare-
With patches in the bottom...
His toes peeping out of his fake shoes,
Terrorizing the civics
For no just course 
But for drunk course.
Somebody help, help, heelp!
Before this terror-
In black-blue-black uniforms,
Unjustly twist the future to rest.

“The police is your friend."
These bad eggs, In The Nigeria Police Force, 
Are no friends of mine!

© Cyrus O. Jesunifemi

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Missionaire: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2022
Mrtaye:

Which country is that please

You quoted a post without reading it abi wetin?
And the answer to your question is in the first paragraph.
Precisely the first sentence.

5 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by darichlife: 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2022
MrJames007:
I'm sure those bastards are here laughing at these reviews. grin

They are here laughing endlessly and shamelessly.

4 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by seunny4lif(m): 4:29pm On Oct 31, 2022
deavicky:
just small hunger make u lose your dream. Remember man shall not leave by bread alone.
Sometimes, bread is the savour oooh grin

3 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by LOVEGINO(m): 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2022
callmevirus:
Here in SA you can walk into police station to ask for a space to pass the night if you don't have any place to sleep and you can flagged them down to take you to your destination.
try am for naija, na bail u go take leave there inda mrning.

2 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Adakintroy: 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

lolz...you neva jam. In Nigeria, there's no difference between policemen and armed robbers. A police patrol team arrested my friend one night, drove him to a bushy area and made him transfer all the funds in his account and told him he'll shoot him and label him an armed robber if he doesn't comply

Yeah those can happen but a on rare police case. The majority will just try to collect money and bargain with you. Which is a fair thing compared to real arm robber that actually kill you. Vs you that actually burn them alive.

Am trying establish why the police is a friendlier mediator for us. Am not saying they are. Its a comparative assumption of sought.
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by LOVEGINO(m): 4:49pm On Oct 31, 2022
RepoMan007:
Before you go your ways look at Russia oppressing Ukraine and most nations bordering it.
It is better a big country with a good structure is maintained. You think if we break a food merchant from PH can just wake up and travel to Kano or Kebbi to buy food without paying ridiculous taxes? Can he go there and just buy a piece of land to farm with?
Those doors will be shut both ways and though one has oil, everyone will become a weaker kingdom that risks being overrun.
na ignorance dey worry am.
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by gimakon2(m): 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2022

I travelled to Rwanda and Lost my way around Kayciru. I had a big problem, i did not install Moov on my Cell. I dont speak Kinyarwanda and i just did not know where to start and where to end , I did not have access cards for their 'Tap n go' buses, i just speculated that The trouble to meet me that day, i do not know where to start from..
I got to meet a tutsi , spoke english to him, explaining i lost my way, he could not respond, obviously English was not their Language, i did not know what to do, I looked and saw one of the Policemen in their full regalia and walked up and wanted to explain myself...

At first, i dont know Kinyarwanda, then I said "English?" dude Smiled and asked me "How can I help you sir?" I knew I had arrived, then I smiled back and said "Thank you.." Then started explaining myself..
Long story short, he called a beautiful police officer whom he was with then she used her cell to book Moov for me , and made sure he understood some English. They took me straight to my apartment hotel, and I was shocked. I paid him and he bade me bye and zoomed off... Even at that , the police woman was calling the driver to make sure i got to my apartment hotel safe and sound.

...Very unlike the Nigerian Police.. and the Benin Rep and Kenyan Police.

Rwanda is a country we should timely visit. TBVH.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by gimakon2(m): 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2022
VawulenceLover:
[s]I bleeped an olokpa wife. It was satisfying [/s]
Thats not what they asked you sir.

Mxm
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Warmaterial(m): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2022
I hate 9ja police with a passion! Nonsense police.

1 Like

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
oneMalik:
why you go say police na my friend ?

I lost my car in 2015 and police you call your friends are asking me for 20k at rumuokoro police station to help me send signal .

see , no talk that kind thing again o . I no just wan vex for you.
Lol,rumuokoro police na the worst bro,local thieves

2 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by davillian(m): 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
aboyaji:

Nigeria needs complete overhauling. I'm yet to see the ivorian soldiers.
Soldiers would only come out fully kitted
When there are issues bigger than the police to handle.
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by omoyankee3(m): 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
Police here are super friendly. When my car broke down on the highway, they treated me like a VIP and everyone was wondering who I was. It was even the state troopers that were calling the tow company. They made sure I was sorted out before they left.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by aboyaji(m): 5:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
davillian:

Soldiers would only come out fully kitted
When there are issues bigger than the police to handle.
Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Normal Traffic Operations Resume In USA / Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. / Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.