Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Sweeping Changes In Us Immigration Procedures: Law Abiding Illegals Able To Stay - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sweeping Changes In Us Immigration Procedures: Law Abiding Illegals Able To Stay (1471 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / For Nigerian Illegals In The Netherlands, It Is A Tough And Risky Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sweeping Changes In Us Immigration Procedures: Law Abiding Illegals Able To Stay by blackspade(m): 3:49am On Aug 21, 2011
Undocumented, law-abiding immigrants won't get boot, President Obama says

The White House said Thursday it will let undocumented, law-abiding immigrants facing deportation stay in the U.S. and apply for work permits.

The policy shift focuses federal resources on booting out convicted criminals and others who pose a public safety or national security threat, while sparing undocumented students and other low-priority immigrant offenders.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/08/19/2011-08-19_dont_boot_them_all_says_bam_students__other_immigs_get_a_break.html#ixzz1Vcz5gXCf

I applaud this move.

Essentially, what is going to happen now is that illegal immigrants are going to get to stay in the United States if any of the following apply,

-arrival in the U.S. as a young child

-actively "pursuing an education"

-serving or served in the U.S. military

-spouse of someone in the U.S. military

-18 years old or younger

-"elderly"

-pregnant or nursing

-victim of a "serious crime"

-serious disability or health problem

-caring for a family member with a serious disability or health problem

1 Like

Re: Sweeping Changes In Us Immigration Procedures: Law Abiding Illegals Able To Stay by mikkyangel(m): 10:34am On Aug 23, 2011
BLACKSPADE

tnx
Re: Sweeping Changes In Us Immigration Procedures: Law Abiding Illegals Able To Stay by claremont(m): 11:52am On Aug 23, 2011
This move may be well intentioned, but it is also an insult to law abiding immigrants. A legal immigrant spent a lot of resources getting into America legally, and staying in America legally; what now differentiates a legal and an illegal immigrant? If an illegal immigrant, who has broken the law in the first place by being illegal, knows he/she will eventually be granted legal status, then that puts a hole in the whole works of the US immigration system.
Re: Sweeping Changes In Us Immigration Procedures: Law Abiding Illegals Able To Stay by airmark(m): 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^^ And why is it a problem to you? Mtschew
Re: Sweeping Changes In Us Immigration Procedures: Law Abiding Illegals Able To Stay by blackspade(m): 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
claremont:

This move may be well intentioned, but it is also an insult to law abiding immigrants. A legal immigrant spent a lot of resources getting into America legally, and staying in America legally; what now differentiates a legal and an illegal immigrant? If an illegal immigrant, who has broken the law in the first place by being illegal, knows he/she will eventually be granted legal status, then that puts a hole in the whole works of the US immigration system.

Yes, you are entitled to your sentiments. . . and as a legal immigrant I can see your perspective, but as someone who also knows of the troubles and pains many illegal immigrants endure on a daily basis, I see this as a positive change. Many illegal Nigerians were once legal, but because of the many already present holes in the U.S. immigration system, they became illegal.

The knife cuts both ways.
Re: Sweeping Changes In Us Immigration Procedures: Law Abiding Illegals Able To Stay by blackspade(m): 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2011
mikkyangel:

BLACKSPADE
     how far? i sent u message 2 weeks ago but no responce, abeg  send me your email adrss to my box mikkyangelo2@yahoo.com or your phone number let me call u, pls i saw your post on los Angeles, and i intend to settle there in a couple of months time, am still in n9ja,
                                                                                                                                          tnx

Hey ma guy, I dont know which email you sent your message to, but here's my email again: blackspadeone@hotmail.com
Re: Sweeping Changes In Us Immigration Procedures: Law Abiding Illegals Able To Stay by blackspade(m): 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2011
Essentially, what is going to happen now is that illegal immigrants are going to get to stay in the United States if any of the following apply,

-arrival in the U.S. as a young child

-actively "pursuing an education"

-serving or served in the U.S. military

-spouse of someone in the U.S. military

-18 years old or younger

-"elderly"

-pregnant or nursing

-victim of a "serious crime"

-serious disability or health problem

-caring for a family member with a serious disability or health problem

1 Like

Re: Sweeping Changes In Us Immigration Procedures: Law Abiding Illegals Able To Stay by blackspade(m): 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2011
This is MAJOR.
Re: Sweeping Changes In Us Immigration Procedures: Law Abiding Illegals Able To Stay by SisiKill1: 9:49pm On Aug 24, 2011
claremont:

Are you serious with this?

(1) (Reply)

Name The Best Resort Centres In Nigeria & Why / Help Justwise & Everyone On Uk And Russia Admission / Well Done Fashola!! Checkout Lagos Back In 2005 And Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.