Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari (22585 Views)

“CBN Has Destroyed All The Old N1000 And N500 Notes” – Buhari Tells El-rufai / Old Naira Notes: Buhari Should Invoke An Executive Order / IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by djon78(m): 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2022
baralatie:

Do you know that the cbn injects fresh funds to stabilize the naira

What CBN does is selling the dollar to stabilize the Naira from depreciation
Because if the dollar is scarce Naira will deprecate as a result of plenty Naira chasing the dollar which is happening now

That's why they maintaed the 350 range before it deprecated to 500 then now down to 750 to 800 as a result of federal government not having good Revenue accruing from dollars.
Crude oil sales which is major foreign exchange earner is down because of the oil theft and sundry

In some other countries they allow a free floating of there currency to the dollar.
CBN is not allowing that for Naira

While some others peg there currency to the dollar example China. If China allows floating there currency will appreciate so much it will make there goods expensive in the international markets since they are a very topexporting nation and high earner of foreign currency

That's why Obama during his presidency tackled China to stop pegging there currency and allow competition in International markets by allowing there money to flow with there economic boom

Why CBN introduced this new policy is that it will mop up excess liquidity in the system and fewer Naira will chase dollar so Naira will begin to appreciate again

Most of these bad guys were buying up the few dollars in the system causing the volatile depreciation of the Naira

So it's a good policy to check the bad guys because if left Naira may deprecate to 1500 or even 2000 to a dollar
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by baralatie(m): 11:36pm On Oct 30, 2022
djon78:

Because if the dollar is scarce Naira will deprecate as a result of plenty Naira chasing the dollar which is happening now

That's why they maintaed the 350 range before it deprecated to 500 then now down to 750 to 800 as a result of federal government not having good Revenue accruing from dollars.
Crude oil sales which is major foreign exchange earner is down because of the oil theft and sundry

In some other countries they allow a free floating of there currency to the dollar.

While some others peg there currency to the dollar example China. If China allows floating there currency will appreciate so much it will make there goods expensive in the international markets since they are a very topexporting nation and high earner of foreign currency

That's why Obama during his presidency tackled China to stop pegging there currency and allow competition in International markets by allowing there money to flow with there economic boom
And you think the dollar will not depreciate again?
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by onuman: 11:45pm On Oct 30, 2022
djon78:

For someone that goofed ignorantly that CBN is under the ministry of finance

I don't have time for you

Go and learn first before coming online to disseminate ignorance

The 1997 amendments brought the CBN back under the supervision of the Ministry of Finance.

Okay, just saw that there is also a 2007 amendment that repealed the 1997 amendment act.
The 2007 act gave the CBN governor full autonomy.
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by djon78(m): 11:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
baralatie:

And you think the dollar will not depreciate again?

Read up my reply again

CBN is saving Naira from complete collapse

If it's not mitigated

Naira will be driven down to 1500 or 2000 by May 2023
Which will be worse off

But mopping up excess liquidity in the system will stabilize the Naira because the Naira and dollar in the market will be in equilibrium

So it will deppreciate a bit then once the policy takes place and equilibrium is in place
Naira will naturally appreciate to a comfortable position

So the formulators of the policy know what they are doing:

Saving Naira from free uncomfortable fall which will be completely dangerous for Nigerian economy and her citizens
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Ghoxt: 11:48pm On Oct 30, 2022
The so called president of Nigeria, a country of over 200 million people and +500 spoken languages, spoke for the first and only time so far about a very sensitive and controversial issue
that hasn't been addressed for serval days, and he did so in Hausa radio.
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by dododawa1: 12:24am On Oct 31, 2022
One thing that is certain, no Yoruba men and women opposed this ticket. They support this ticket. I want to tell you that I will bring the TROPHY home. It is not just a Yoruba thing. It is a Nigeria project, JAGANBA.
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by GeneralPula: 1:46am On Oct 31, 2022
tuzle:
I want to ask a question, shouldn't the new note first be in circulation before a dead line is giving? December 31st is just 2month from now and It will be very stressful changing the old notes to new ones if the money isn't already in circulation before now.
Sure, it will. I’m sure CBN would have printed the new notes already..
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by AerialMapper: 1:50am On Oct 31, 2022
Maybe they promised to put his face on one of the notes.
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Mobola33(m): 2:35am On Oct 31, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Buhari just grabbed some people's blockus unaware

Shiek Gumi the Bandit spokesperson has been wailing ever since

Buhari is truly a sadist... He has been attending Federal Executive Council meeting every week and never for once did he mention it to anyone not even his own finance Minister

CBN Governor has been attending Monetary policy Committee meeting with Ministry if finance and other stake holders and nothing was said

Buhari na Omo Ope!

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Mobola33(m): 2:36am On Oct 31, 2022
Buhari na OMO OPE
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by BluntCrazeMan: 4:18am On Oct 31, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Buhari just grabbed some people's blockus unaware

Shiek Gumi the Bandit spokesperson has been wailing ever since

Buhari is truly a sadist... He has been attending Federal Executive Council meeting every week and never for once did he mention it to anyone not even his own finance Minister

CBN Governor has been attending Monetary policy Committee meeting with Ministry if finance and other stake holders and nothing was said

(See the attached photo)
You can now connect the dots.

The real reason he didn't involve his cabinet before approving such a request.

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by SmartyPants(m): 4:58am On Oct 31, 2022
nedu666:

Oga just dey observe. For next 3 months u will see dollars reaching 1000. Stock market will experience a massive boost. Fg tb and bonds will be oversubscribed by 300%. U will see massive purchase of properties and other assets. This is not 1984.

How will they do it? We are talking about spending physical cash, and anyone who receives that cash still has to deposit it. Each deposit above a certain amount triggers a notice to the NFIU who are particularly on the lookout at this time. So you'll have to explain where you got the money and if you sold property, who you sold to.

In short, anyone making moves at this time will immediately go on the radar for investigation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by kafeii123: 5:14am On Oct 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
Back into the economy?

So where is the money if it is not in the economy?

What are you talking about?

The money IS IN THE ECONOMY or is it in Cameroon's economy

Try and think a little before talking

The money was not printed to stimulate the economy

Much of it was lent to the FGN by so called ways and means essentially illegally and above the mandate of the CBN to fund fiscal deficits for years.
So that idea that the money is not in the economy is ignorant and reveals economic illiteracy

It's actually doubtful who's economically illiterate here.....but let's put that aside.....

My point is that if the hoarders spend these monies back into the economy.... it'll be a good move... They'll have to setup businesses....employ staff....buy stuff....invest in businesses...etc.....all of that will jolt our ailing economy back to life somewhat..... keeping the cash buried in their houses removes these cash from circulation and thus weakens our economy. Of course some of them will first run towards converting to dollars..so dollars will at first be high but most will spend instead.

In the end... it's all still win-win for the country
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by heysquare(m): 5:48am On Oct 31, 2022
nedu666:

Which blokos. The currency comes out on 15 dec. So they hve ample time to either pay in the money into the bank, use it to buy govt treasury bills and bonds, buy stocks, buy dollars, buy properties. Only a mumu can be caught unaware by buhari
There is suspension on large lodgement of fund . CBN is tracking any large fund depositors be it Bureau De Change or individual
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by BeardedMeat(m): 6:10am On Oct 31, 2022
Racoon:
Yet Mr President does not deemed it fit to even inform his finance minster and NASS of such a sensitive national decision? What kind of government is this for goodness sake?
He knows the bandits and kidnappers are plenty in his government and would sabotage the plans.

I like this policy for it's intended consequence, but that consequence will only be short lived and it is business as usual.
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by BeardedMeat(m): 6:11am On Oct 31, 2022
heysquare:

There is suspension on large lodgement of fund . CBN is tracking any large fund depositors be it Bureau De Change or individual
Then they would buy properties with it.
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by AntiWailer: 6:23am On Oct 31, 2022
nedu666:

Which blokos. The currency comes out on 15 dec. So they hve ample time to either pay in the money into the bank, use it to buy govt treasury bills and bonds, buy stocks, buy dollars, buy properties. Only a mumu can be caught unaware by buhari

And u will carry au much cash to the bank ?
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by AntiWailer: 6:23am On Oct 31, 2022
BeardedMeat:

And the seller of the property will do what with the cash ?
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by BeardedMeat(m): 6:24am On Oct 31, 2022
djon78:

Why CBN introduced this new policy is that it will mop up excess liquidity in the system and fewer Naira will chase dollar so Naira will begin to appreciate again

Most of these bad guys were buying up the few dollars in the system causing the volatile depreciation of the Naira

So it's a good policy to check the bad guys because if left Naira may deprecate to 1500 or even 2000 to a dollar
You have spoken like one of our experts. I'm sure they said these same things when dollar was just 120 naira. But because those our expert leaders are also major beneficiaries of the loopholes, they go back to their offices to continue in the old ways.
Nothing will work in this country until everyone becomes equal in the eyes of the law.
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Teymanhenry(f): 6:25am On Oct 31, 2022
This is a good way to catch politicians who had stored oup excess cash somewhere to use as bribe during the elections. But we all know that it'll be targeted towards other party members. APC members would be immune to probing
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by BeardedMeat(m): 6:28am On Oct 31, 2022
AntiWailer:

And the seller of the property will do what with the cash ?
First I don't have all the details of this new policy. What's the new cash limit deposit?

Is it something that can't be circumvented? Like break the money up and deposit in bits.
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by BeardedMeat(m): 6:30am On Oct 31, 2022
heysquare:

What's the cash deposit limit?
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by omonnakoda: 6:40am On Oct 31, 2022
kafeii123:

It's actually doubtful who's economically illiterate here.....but let's put that aside.....

My point is that if the hoarders spend these monies back into the economy.... it'll be a good move... They'll have to setup businesses....employ staff....buy stuff....invest in businesses...etc.....all of that will jolt our ailing economy back to life somewhat..... keeping the cash buried in their houses removes these cash from circulation and thus weakens our economy. Of course some of them will first run towards converting to dollars..so dollars will at first be high but most will spend instead.

In the end... it's all still win-win for the country
The hoarders ? Which hoarders What is hoarder
Stop and think and stop repeating like a parrot

There is nothing like that in economics so you can see you are talking rubbish
Keeping cas in houses
What evidence is there for that? You are not using your head
People are free to do whhat they like with their money to suggest that someone they ar keeping it in graves or freezers is not evidenced

There are billions if not trillions of US dollars outside the US is that HOARDING. WHat the hell is hoarding?

Any naira not in the bank is IN THE ECONOMY
Please stop parroting that nonsense
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Wilson500: 6:48am On Oct 31, 2022
I might hate Buhari for many reasons but there is only unique thing that i like the man from Daura for and that is
The man has balls and he doesn't give a f**k about what anyone thinks grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by AntiWailer: 6:48am On Oct 31, 2022
BeardedMeat:
First I don't have all the details of this new policy. What's the new cash limit deposit?

Is it something that can't be circumvented? Like break the money up and deposit in bits.

There won’t be enough time to do this.

No way NFIU wnt pick it up.
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by RaptObserver: 7:28am On Oct 31, 2022
Even if you rush and buy dollars now. When you need to spend naira later you will discover you re going to exchange for lesser value. if the CBN puts exchange rate at 450 naira and u bought dollars today at 800 naira. In January or February you will convert it back for 450 naira.
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by MPESA(m): 7:58am On Oct 31, 2022
Moh247:

LoL

Hushpuppi I hail oo

grin
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by heysquare(m): 8:11am On Oct 31, 2022
BeardedMeat:
I thought that too but it will be difficult to lodge large sum of money by the property owner too
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by heysquare(m): 8:11am On Oct 31, 2022
BeardedMeat:
What's the cash deposit limit?
It was not disclosed
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by omonnakoda: 8:34am On Oct 31, 2022
baralatie:

Since you knew about soludos contract arrangements this one by emiefele will be easy for you to find out now!
I can see you want to show yourself?

How is that your problem?

If you have nothing to say why not shut your dirty mouth?
Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by hohafrank(m): 8:46am On Oct 31, 2022
Moh247:

Well 3 months if the money is clean is enough... A money link with crime without legit source is very hard to launder in 3 months
Most especially when the maximum daily cash lodgement is #3,000,000 for corporate entity.That will take about 330 days to lodge #1billion in a single account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed / Gambo Jimeta Is Dead! / Buhari, Nigerians In Ethiopia Observe A Minute Silence, Honor Boko Haram Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.