Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,930 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari (22575 Views)

“CBN Has Destroyed All The Old N1000 And N500 Notes” – Buhari Tells El-rufai / Old Naira Notes: Buhari Should Invoke An Executive Order / IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by politicoNG: 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2022
CBN HAS MY BACKING IN REPLACING NAIRA NOTES, SAYS PRESIDENT BUHARI

President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday said that the decision of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to launch new designs and replace high value Naira notes had his support and is convinced that the nation will gain a lot by doing so.

Speaking in a Hausa radio interview with the famous journalist Halilu Ahmed Getso, and Kamaluddeen Sani Shawai to be aired Wednesday Morning on Tambari TV on Nilesat, President Buhari said reasons given to him by the CBN convinced him that the economy stood to benefit from reduction in inflation, currency counterfeiting and the excess cash in circulation.

He said he did not consider the period of three months for the change to the new notes as being short.

''People with illicit money buried under the soil will have a challenge with this but workers, businesses with legitimate incomes will face no difficulties at all.''

In the interview, the President also addressed issues of food security and national security, among others.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
October 30, 2022

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by baralatie(m): 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2022
Speaking on an Hausa radio interview?

38 Likes

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Moh247: 7:09pm On Oct 30, 2022
cool

Buhari just grabbed some people's blockus unaware

Shiek Gumi the Bandit spokesperson has been wailing ever since

Buhari is truly a sadist... He has been attending Federal Executive Council meeting every week and never for once did he mention it to anyone not even his own finance Minister

CBN Governor has been attending Monetary policy Committee meeting with Ministry of finance and other stake holders and nothing was said

101 Likes 12 Shares

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Iniemi: 7:09pm On Oct 30, 2022
Before nko

2 Likes

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Iniemi: 7:09pm On Oct 30, 2022
Need not be told

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by gaby(m): 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2022
I thought you'd be shocked as usual...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by nedu666: 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Buhari just grabbed some people blockus unaware

Which blokos. The currency comes out on 15 dec. So they hve ample time to either pay in the money into the bank, use it to buy govt treasury bills and bonds, buy stocks, buy dollars, buy properties. Only a mumu can be caught unaware by buhari

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Urheadmaster(m): 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2022
gaby:
I thought you'd be shocked as usual...

He has gotten over being electrocuted over anything tongue undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Moh247: 7:14pm On Oct 30, 2022
nedu666:

Which blokos. The currency comes out on 15 dec. So they hve ample time to either pay in the money into the bank, use it to buy govt treasury bills and bonds, buy stocks, buy dollars, buy properties. Only a mumu can be caught unaware by buhari

Well 3 months if the money is clean is enough... A money link with crime without legit source is very hard to launder in 3 months

79 Likes 10 Shares

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by gaby(m): 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2022
Urheadmaster:

He has gotten over being electrocuted over anything tongue undecided

Electricity no kukuma dey again to send the shocks...

3 Likes

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by mrvitalis(m): 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2022
Buhari no really send anyone

Some people who planned to rig and buy vote would be sweating and peeing in their pants very soon

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by zombieHUNTER: 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:
cool
Buhari is truly a sadist... He has been attending Federal Executive Council meeting every week and never for once did he mention it to anyone not even his own finance Minister

APc is a sadist party

9 Likes

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by baralatie(m): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:

Well 3 months if the money is clean is enough... A money link with crime without legit source is very hard to launder in 3 months
Only if you know how money moves

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Moh247: 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2022
baralatie:

Only if you know how money moves

Then why do they have it in cash warehoused in their house in the first place

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by baralatie(m): 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:

Then why do they have it in cash warehoused in their house in the first place
Simple
For liquidity
And these guys who keep cash in naira notes(if you say you want to catch kidnapper funds will be moved by third parties)

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by hegelian: 7:22pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:
cool

CBN Governor has been attending Monetary policy Committee meeting with Ministry if finance and other stake holders and nothing was said

you guys can defend rubbish all for politics and election...election will come and go but all of us we remain..this was how you guys were defending his late miniters appointments, judges ivading by efcc, python dance, border closure, and several others...defending rubbish will bite us all in the end..you guys should be able to seperate politics from the rest...the stupid currency changing will affect us all once the demand for dollar conversion hit home hard, we wil buy dollar for 900 and that will affect everything else....

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Moh247: 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2022
hegelian:

you guys can defend rubbish all for politics and election...election will come and go but all of us we remain..this was how you guys were defending his late miniters appointments, judges ivading by efcc, python dance, border closure, and several others...defending rubbish will bite us all in the end..you guys should be able to seperate politics from the rest...the stupid currency changing will affect us all once the demand for dollar conversion hit home hard, we wil buy dollar for 900 and that will affect everything else....

I think you should take your frustrations elsewhere and let me be, I am on this thread to have fun discussing politics, and probably economics, catching cruise and learning

If you have issues in your life or with the government then go to Abuja and leave me out of your bitterness

19 Likes

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by nedu666: 7:28pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:

Oga just dey observe. For next 3 months u will see dollars reaching 1000. Stock market will experience a massive boost. Fg tb and bonds will be oversubscribed by 300%. U will see massive purchase of properties and other assets. This is not 1984.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Moh247: 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2022
nedu666:

Oga just dey observe. For next 3 months u will see dollars reaching 1000. Stock market will experience a massive boost. Fg tb and bonds will be oversubscribed by 300%. U will see massive purchase of properties and other assets. This is not 1984.

Isn't that a good boost to our GDP?! Won't that have positive impact on local economy?!

As for FX going bullish, that's not even possible because no BDC or Bank would trade FX with you without a valid reason, only Black market prices would rise.. and that's not as issue as we run double FX window

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by MasterJayJay: 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:

Not in a fantastically corrupt country.

6 Likes

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Sammy07: 7:38pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:
cool

CBN Governor has been attending Monetary policy Committee meeting with Ministry if finance and other stake holders and nothing was said

It is not necessary for the Finance Minister to know.

CBN powers, only the president can limit it a bit.

And e even get limit.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Moh247: 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
Sammy07:

It is not necessary for the Finance Minister to know.

CBN powers, only the president can limit it a bit.

And e even get limit.

Yes he has no business telling any ministry since he got the head of executive FG's approval under Buhari

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by hegelian: 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:

I think you should take your frustrations elsewhere and let me be, I am on this thread to have fun discussing politics, and probably economics, catching cruise and learning

If you have issues in your life or with the government then go to Abuja and leave me out of your bitterness

No, you are here to sell useless leaders that have destroyed the country not to have any fun.. You are on every thread shouting emiloka like a maggot.. It's people like that causes everyone frustration thinking once you are good, others can go up in flames but don't worry it's gonna reach you and your families too, if you didn't suffer from the sufferness you wish is, your kids and your grand kids shall suffer same.. Wicked people everywhere, eyin oloriburuku gbogbo

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Moh247: 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
hegelian:

No, you are here to sell useless leaders that have destroyed the country not to have any fun.. You are on every thread shouting emiloka like a maggot.. It's people like that causes everyone frustration thinking once you are good, others can go up in flames but don't worry it's gonna reach you and your families too, if you didn't suffer from the sufferness you wish is, your kids and your grand kids shall suffer same .. Wicked people everywhere, eyin oloriburuku gbogbo

Rule 2 mynd44 lalasticlala seun nlfpmod

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Racoon(m): 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
Yet Mr President does not deemed it fit to even inform his finance minster and NASS of such a sensitive national decision? What kind of government is this for goodness sake?

8 Likes

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Moh247: 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2022
hegelian:

No, you are here to sell useless leaders that have destroyed the country not to have any fun.. You are on every thread shouting emiloka like a maggot.. It's people like that causes everyone frustration thinking once you are good, others can go up in flames but don't worry it's gonna reach you and your families too, if you didn't suffer from the sufferness you wish is, your kids and your grand kids shall suffer same.. Wicked people everywhere, eyin oloriburuku gbogbo

Let me say it clearly... If I was never responsible in anyway for anything going on in your life as accused and you decided to curse me and my family May peace depart your life till you die insha Allah, may you never have good life, may misery be yours

Since you people think you can mess with every one

Yours would be a case study

7 Likes

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by budaatum: 7:50pm On Oct 30, 2022
Buhari has inflicted a huge shock on those who keep their money hidden away in soakaways.

If they can't find legit ways to launder it by the deadline, it would make for good toilet paper.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by THELATTERMAN(m): 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2022
Death to all enemies of the federation

3 Likes

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by hegelian: 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:

Let me say it clearly... If I was never responsible in anyway for anything going on in your life as accused and you decided to curse me and my family May peace depart your life till you die insha Allah

I will further gather 21 alligator pepper and bitter cola to finish with you tonight

Since you people think you can mess with every one
Werey omo.. It's you and your likes that was shouting Buhari and brought this calamity on us and now you are back with your usual tribal and religious shout to cause us more.. Gbogbo yin lema soriburuku tomotomo.. Aye yin ma jona ni.. Koni dafun gbogbo ebi yin ati Ara yin.. You think once you are OK others can die abi, don't worry you will not die but shall witness your omo go through what an average Nigerian have been going through courtesy of your selfishness.. Iya ti Eni leronfunwa, Ema je Iya na tomotomo and tirandiran ni lagbara olohun oba.. Eyin oloriburuku gbogbo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by hegelian: 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2022
THELATTERMAN:
Death to all enemies of the federation

Amen no matter how dey disguise it with religious and tribal togga.. Gbogbo Wan ma sofo tomotomo ni

2 Likes

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by hegelian: 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:

Rule 2 mynd44 lalasticlala seun nlfpmod

U cant run from what you wish us.. The only thing that matter to you and your likes is your welfare and after that others can perish.. But your wish shall bounce back on all of una head.. Shey Eni enigbo ni, lagbara edumare Ema sofo tomotomo ni.. Konibrgna fun irandiran yin.. Epe lemama gba lati Eni lo

6 Likes

Re: CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari by Moh247: 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2022
hegelian:

U cant run from what you wish us.. The only thing that matter to you and your likes is your welfare and after that others can perish.. But your wish shall bounce back on all of una head.. Shey Eni enigbo ni, lagbara edumare Ema sofo tomotomo ni.. Konibrgna fun irandiran yin.. Epe lemama gba lati Eni lo

You just use your data buy something terrible

Just calm down wetin you find you go see

Lazy toxic being that can't work looking for who to blame for their monumental life failure

Run your mouth well well... But get your next of kin ready

Because that home training wey your mama no gree give you wey make you dey cap nonsense you go learn public training in a painful bitter way

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Receive Hero's Cheers From Jubilating Crowd In Borno. Photo / Fashola Lists 44 Highways, 63 Roads To Be Constructed In 3-Year Plan / If I'm Released I Would Go Back To Terrorism - Boko Haram Commander Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.