Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari (22455 Views)

FG To Pay N1.6 Trillion For Electricity Subsidy In 2024 / NNPC Declares Zero FAAC Remittance For 8th Time As Subsidy Gulps ₦2.6 Trillion / Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria’s Debt May Jump By ₦6 Trillion To Hit ₦38 Trillion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by GloriousGbola: 8:09am On Oct 31, 2022
Now that I think of it, it may be an anti kidnapping strategy. I have always wondered how it is that kidnappers have not been caught by tracking the cash.

Anyone with large sums of cash will have to pay it in or risk it getting worthless.

Also any new note may have better tracking features.

Maybe thats what this madness is about.

1 Like

Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by JayPeeOham: 8:11am On Oct 31, 2022
Dshocker:
A particular greedy man will be forced to return over N20b cash he has stashed in Bourdillion, monies that has been mapped out to use in rigging election.

The only reason why the federal govt/CBN is changing or redesigning our currency, is because of one man, a man that leaves in Bourdillion.

They intentionally made ASUU strike to linger, so students will be against APC

The president signed the electoral bill into law, so no room for rigging

Finally, they want to redesign the naira, so that he won't have any cash to bribe people to vote for him

All these are intentional plots by the north to clip the wings of the greedy man.

But e dey sweet us for belle, because Peter Obi of Labour Party go win am.

Abeg I want ask, what if him carry the money go bank, dem no go help change am to the new notes? Or what do they mean by destroy?

Wait, let's use a normal Nigerian like you and I for instance, let's say you have lil 50k cash does that mean the can't will be useless or you can take the 50k to the bank so they can help you swap it to the new notes
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by michlins(m): 8:17am On Oct 31, 2022
mastermaestro:

I read almost all your replies. They were very informative and enlightening. You also made your points without the usual Nairaland bitter attitude. Thanks man!
you're welcome man
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by Dshocker(m): 8:17am On Oct 31, 2022
JayPeeOham:

Abeg I want ask, what if him carry the money go bank, dem no go help change am to the new notes? Or what do they mean by destroy?

Wait, let's use a normal Nigerian like you and I for instance, let's say you have lil 50k cash does that mean the can't will be useless or you can take the 50k to the bank so they can help you swap it to the new notes

Of course they will change it for you, even if you bring N20b, they will change it, but will not give you in cash.

1 Like

Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by michlins(m): 8:19am On Oct 31, 2022
erico2k2:

Bross are those the people who count during election day?the people who make the decisions on the outcome of an election result in a corrupt country like ours are not the ones who go and stand in the queue to vote.
with BVAS and electronic transfer of results, they're the ones that matter. You see the results in real time. Imo State situation will barely happen again.

Although I know politicians will find ingenious ways to rig, but it just got more difficult
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by michlins(m): 8:22am On Oct 31, 2022
JayPeeOham:

you can deposit billions today and tomorrow you won't get it. CBN will wipe off over 1trn off circulation with this policy.

After you made the deposit, you will be told there's not enough cash to give you.
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by RepoMan007: 8:22am On Oct 31, 2022
michlins:
Buhari maybe terrible on everything else but you see election reforms, he did so well.

Starting from insisting on the use of BVAS, that's the biggest thing he did. Now by destroying old notes few weeks to election,he has handicapped the buying powers of politicians
If I type out my mind for you this Monday morning, you will not like it.

Reforms my foot. Does it make sense to change currency design and thus increase the overall volume of notes that needs to be printed at a time money is scarce?
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by michlins(m): 8:24am On Oct 31, 2022
erico2k2:

I think I agree with you on this one!He has nothing to lose, he is going to enjoy his retirement!
when he told the party and governors to allow him select his successor, they refused him. Now he's all out to get his pound of flesh. They will win the election with sweat

1 Like

Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by Gkemz: 8:27am On Oct 31, 2022
The cost of producing naira notes is increasing while the value of the note is decreasing under Buhari.
May we never experience a failure like Buhari again.
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by michlins(m): 8:27am On Oct 31, 2022
RepoMan007:
If I type out my mind for you this Monday morning, you will not like it.

Reforms my foot. Does it make sense to change currency design and thus increase the overall volume of notes that needs to be printed at a time money is scarce?

bro money isn't scarce at all. The inflation is the worst we have seen in recent time. It needs to be curbed. The money in circulation is too much. The money outside the banking system is even worse

1 Like

Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by LekkiOlowo: 8:30am On Oct 31, 2022
Dshocker:
A particular greedy man will be forced to return over N20b cash he has stashed in Bourdillion, monies that has been mapped out to use in rigging election.

The only reason why the federal govt/CBN is changing or redesigning our currency, is because of one man, a man that leaves in Bourdillion.

Finally, they want to redesign the naira, so that he won't have any cash to bribe people to vote for him

All these are intentional plots by the north to clip the wings of the greedy man.

Your speculations and predictions ehn
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by Benrosaria(m): 8:30am On Oct 31, 2022
michlins:
Buhari maybe terrible on everything else but you see election reforms, he did so well.

Starting from insisting on the use of BVAS, that's the biggest thing he did. Now by destroying old notes few weeks to election,he has handicapped the buying powers of politicians

Sir do you know what this implies on the masses for 24 hours ?

Do you know the food chain and web we was taught in school has changed. Now it is The poor must feed from the rich.
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by heysquare(m): 8:31am On Oct 31, 2022
Antyislam:
Tinubu will be worst, Tinubu must be rejected
You can go from pillar to post to reject him but note that God doesn't move an inch to raise whom he will and disgrace whom he will
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by michlins(m): 8:34am On Oct 31, 2022
Benrosaria:

Sir do you know what this implies on the masses for 24 hours ?

Do you know the food chain and web we was taught in school has changed. Now it is The poor must feed from the rich.
educate me, how will this affect you as a poor person with a legitimate income
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by Benrosaria(m): 8:38am On Oct 31, 2022
michlins:
educate me, how will this affect you as a poor person with a legitimate income
This is Nigeria sir, what do you call legitimate income ?
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by LekkiOlowo: 8:38am On Oct 31, 2022
Pwettylinda:
And they must have used over 8 trillion in destroying 6 trillion na waooo

E no go better for Thiefnubuu
Must of u people fail to understand basic things, u just open ur mouth and spit gibberish, just because of what u hear from people.. How in anyway is the re-designing of Naira notes has got to do with Tinubu? Coz I don’t understand at all
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by Emman08: 8:38am On Oct 31, 2022
They destroy old, defaced and mutilated notes always. It has nothing to do with election or the currency design
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by JayPeeOham: 8:48am On Oct 31, 2022
michlins:
you can deposit billions today and tomorrow you won't get it. CBN will wipe off over 1trn off circulation with this policy.

After you made the deposit, you will be told there's not enough cash to give you.

Hmmmmm....In as much as that is through, I am very sure that excise is only for the common and ordinary Nigerian and not for the elites and oligarchs like the presidential aspirants...just saying though.

Honestly, I don't see this as a strategy not to make funds unavailable for the APC flag bearer and one of the decision makers of the party even though I would have been the happiest person if the reverse is the case
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by JayPeeOham: 8:51am On Oct 31, 2022
Dshocker:

Of course they will change it for you, even if you bring N20b, they will change it, but will not give you in cash.

Wait, they would pay into your account for you to withdraw new notes right? So what's the difference when you still end up getting the cash in the new notes?
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by RepoMan007: 8:54am On Oct 31, 2022
michlins:
bro money isn't scarce at all. The inflation is the worst we have seen in recent time. It needs to be curbed. The money in circulation is too much. The money outside the banking system is even worse
sorry to say, you are so dull.
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by ASHIWAJU2023: 8:57am On Oct 31, 2022
Antyislam:
Tinubu will be worst, Tinubu must be rejected
U need psychiatric attention, pls do it fast, so that u don't add to the number of lunatic on the street by February,
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by Safyqueen: 9:24am On Oct 31, 2022
kenedy175:
Their darling daddy!

Some persons have stopped shouting "our darling daddy.." everywhere on NL. They have now moved to the next worst thing, Tinubu. God will shame them.

Never again shall APC rule this beautiful country.

I am not for anybody but the earliest you know that there is no difference between all the political parties vis-a-vis the politicians the best. The only perceived different person among the politicians is this very Buhari that become the worst now. So just pray and stop mentioning any political party name.
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by iiifedimma(f): 9:32am On Oct 31, 2022
Pelli:
Pls guys don't just scroll pass, pls kindly assist me i have,i have nothing left again for me and my brother to feed. We have been hungry since this week pls assist us with whatever little you have in any little way, we will be eternally grateful. May God almighty bless you and come to your aid as you have come to ours
G.T Bank -Anna

everyone please don't mind this fraudsters anything you send to him nah to drinks and catch fun wth it please don't mind this man he has always been using this same format to still defraud a lot of people on Nairaland
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by KennethEnyi(m): 9:34am On Oct 31, 2022
Useless government
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by GoAndVerify: 9:38am On Oct 31, 2022
TheSameGuy:
It's either you leave the shore of this country or you bear the excruciating pains because Tinubu is your NEXT President.

God forbid BAT thing.
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 31, 2022
You'll only think that Buhari is bad, untill your eyes open to see what Tinubu's government would be, if manifested ( which definitely won't happen, as far as God lives).
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by nams77: 9:44am On Oct 31, 2022
michlins:
not enough time to withdraw. Banks will run out of cash if everyone withdraw their funds and before you opened account with banks, you signed that a certain amount of your funds will be retained
Clearer now. Thanks
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by SunMusk(m): 9:57am On Oct 31, 2022
Guy u re wrong. Most of those politicians have their money store in dollars. Poor me my money is in foreign currency. Then what of the big boys?? They give dollars to the delegates remember. Ur own his watch your vote so that it will count.
Dshocker:

Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by ofwest47(m): 10:02am On Oct 31, 2022
All wailers and haters of Buhari Buhari Buhari and Tinubu Tinubu Tinubu say what you like; see the way Nigerian currency notes are today, very dirty teared and destroyed ,go to local banks today what you receive are poor ,dirty,teared off currencies and when you get them back for usage, you have them difficult to spend but instead of thanking them for the incoming new paper currency creations you haters and wailers of Buhari and Tinubu crying for fowls because of your NO KNOWLEDGE OF NIGERIAN DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES ESPECIALY ON THIS MONEY HANDLING AND USAGE SYSTEMS.
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by Obidient4life3: 10:04am On Oct 31, 2022
michlins:
LoL

I don't know why people will believe this. You look Buhari finish think he's someone who can be forced to do anything in this life?

This same electoral reforms could have stopped Buhari in 2019 but he refused to sign it. He has nothing to lose so he signed it now

It's all over the news bro. It took threats from the upper and lower chamber vetoing him before he signed it. If not why then did he go to court immediately after signing it to get some clauses changed?
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by iiifedimma(f): 10:10am On Oct 31, 2022
Pelli:
Pls guys don't just scroll pass, pls kindly assist me i have,i have nothing left again for me and my brother to feed. We have been hungry since this week pls assist us with whatever little you have in any little way, we will be eternally grateful. May God almighty bless you and come to your aid as you have come to ours
G.T Bank -Anna

everyone please don't mind this fraudsters anything you send to him nah to drinks and catch fun wth it please don't mind this man he has always been using this same format to still defraud a lot of people on Nairaland,,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kwankwaso In Egypt To Rescue Students From Repatriation By The State Govt (pics) / Tinubu, Oyetola, Aregbesola, Akande In Closed Door Meeting / Anambra Election Declared Inconclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.