Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari (22443 Views)

FG To Pay N1.6 Trillion For Electricity Subsidy In 2024 / NNPC Declares Zero FAAC Remittance For 8th Time As Subsidy Gulps ₦2.6 Trillion / Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria’s Debt May Jump By ₦6 Trillion To Hit ₦38 Trillion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by EteBabaagba222(m): 10:14am On Oct 31, 2022
michlins:
Buhari maybe terrible on everything else but you see election reforms, he did so well.

Starting from insisting on the use of BVAS, that's the biggest thing he did. Now by destroying old notes few weeks to election,he has handicapped the buying powers of politicians

But how did he himself get to the power? Through all fake means. We wish ourselves good country

1 Like

Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by albanikeh001: 10:48am On Oct 31, 2022
sad
bmd1010:
Destroying note changing currency like dat will not even change d election matter.

Doing away with lower currency, smh.

Advance country's still uses coin.
Rubbish monkey

1 Like

Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by tochi314: 10:53am On Oct 31, 2022
Destroying note changing currency like dat will not even change d election matter.Doing away with lower currency, smh.Advance country's still uses coin.Rubbish monkeyDestroying note changing currency like dat will not even change d election matter.Doing away with lower currency, smh.Advance country's still uses coin.Rubbish monkey...
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by temielects(m): 11:21am On Oct 31, 2022
Akfrenzy:
grin country blessed with everything God can give , but look at us now it's looking like a curse bcuz we fail to elect quality leaders with good sound mind and young that's capable to give orders and also follow it up to see if it went the way he want or not
oga keep quiet your definition of quality leaders is not available in this country, if we decide to let you rule I promise it's gone be way more worst than it is

1 Like

Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by Passionate1(m): 11:25am On Oct 31, 2022
Buddha3:

This is frankly one very funny perspective to this whole affair. Much as there's a bit of simple logic attached to it, the bigger picture disagrees.

Let me paint you a quick scenario:
You are a politician vying for an electoral office in 2023 and you have 1 billion naira stashed away in Nigerian currency for the execution of your political ambition, then in comes the apex bank's plan to redesign and dispose of the same old notes you have, at a given date. Will you simply sit on your hands and watch your money go to waste?

No, is the simple answer.
How to fix this problem? Easy. Walk to the headquarters of your bank, sit with the manager as per the rich man that you are, offer the manager 5 million naira and he'll gladly sell you all the hard currencies in the bank's vault in exchange for your old notes. Of course that won't be enough to dispose of a billion naira. In comes the Bureau de change mallam! Those ones will gladly sell you hard currencies at their disposal.

Now not only have you succeded in disposing your expiring Nigerian currencies, you have mopped up the dollars and pounds that legitimate Nigerian businessmen will have accessed for importation to drive the daily economy.

Conclusion? You have just added to the scarcity of foreign currencies which in turn adds to the worsening rate of inflation.

Now, please tell me the wisdom in this particular Buhari/Emefiele brand of economics just when elections are around the corner?!

To put it concisely, Emilokan d Mafia will always find a way. .
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by viceddy95(m): 11:29am On Oct 31, 2022
Pelli:
Pls guys don't just scroll pass, pls kindly assist me i have,i have nothing left again for me and my brother to feed. We have been hungry since this week pls assist us with whatever little you have in any little way, we will be eternally grateful. May God almighty bless you and come to your aid as you have come to ours
G.T Bank -Anna
different username ,guy go look for work ,look for building sites around you and work there,what’s your gain trying to scam people of there hard earned money…you people are the reason they don’t know who really need help…

1 Like

Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 31, 2022
Passionate1:

To put it concisely, Emilokan d Mafia will always find a way. .

Lol.

I no call names o!
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by kenedy175(m): 11:32am On Oct 31, 2022
Safyqueen:

I am not for anybody but the earliest you know that there is no difference between all the political parties vis-a-vis the politicians the best. The only perceived different person among the politicians is this very Buhari that become the worst now. So just pray and stop mentioning any political party name.

I don't know why people keep giving excuses for Buhari. Saying that they thought he would do well due to his previous Era as head of state. Buhari never for once convinced me. He has always been docile and not aware. We shouldn't forget so easily the brain and engine room behind Buhari's previous Era as Head of state, Tunde Idiagbo. Buhari never had anything to offer.

But I thank God he tasted that power he always wanted to. Otherwise, there would have been blood bath In this country in 2015 if Buhari hadn't win. Thank God everyone has tasted and known the truth..

Buhari has always been the worst

1 Like

Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by Passionate1(m): 11:32am On Oct 31, 2022
[We are no fools!
Abeg ,who knows where Emefiele lives. .wanna cash out too. .

1 Like

Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by yellowgarri2(m): 11:50am On Oct 31, 2022
viceddy95:

different username ,guy go look for work ,look for building sites around you and work there,what’s your gain trying to scam people of there hard earned money…you people are the reason they don’t know who really need help…
boss assist me with data. 9mobile. Need to check my mails and other things
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by yellowgarri2(m): 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2022
viceddy95:

Boss assist me with 9mobile data please. 080.946086.91. To check mails and other things. Many thanks
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by Bobbiee: 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2022
Na everybody go chop breakfast grin
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by bizzibodi(m): 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2022
Who swear for us na!how can an incompetent person be CBN chief? how can one spend #58bn to print #2.5bn?where on earth?
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by Constablepatr: 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2022
michlins:
Buhari maybe terrible on everything else but you see election reforms, he did so well.

Starting from insisting on the use of BVAS, that's the biggest thing he did. Now by destroying old notes few weeks to election,he has handicapped the buying powers of politicians

When APC win una go still curse am
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by Ijb11: 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2022
Criminals
Re: CBN Destroys Over ₦‎6 Trillion Banknotes Under Buhari by YangaBabe: 10:43pm On Oct 31, 2022
Hmmm, things dey happen sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Will Be Over Soon, Says Buhari. / Major Road Collapses In Akwa Ibom After Heavy Rainfall. Photos / 2019 Presidency: Disappointed Candidates Blast Buhari, Akitu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.