Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,816 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Overcoming Inferiority Complex - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Overcoming Inferiority Complex (668 Views)

Inferiority Complex – Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment / Inferiority Complex Is A Mental Disorder / Ways That Can Help Your Loved Ones In Getting Over Inferiority Complex! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overcoming Inferiority Complex by AMISCOT(m): 8:51am On Oct 31, 2022
Overcoming Inferiority Complex

Do any of the following sound familiar?

The smallest criticism makes you feel terrible for days.

You’re a perfectionist, and nothing is ever quite good enough.

You feel like an outsider looking in – like you’re different in some way.

You have an overriding sense of worthlessness and not feeling ‘good enough’.

You hide the ‘real you’ from the world because you think you’re unacceptable.

You’re a people-pleaser, and constantly defer to others.

You always compare yourself against other people’s top qualities.

Social media makes you feel miserable because everyone seems to be happier or more successful than you.

Do this instead

* Make fewer comparison: Everyone is on their own path, and no one really knows what struggles other people have. Identify your own values and goals – and focus on those.

* Practice gratitude: Research shows that if you’re grateful for the good things in your life you’ll tend to make fewer comparisons with other people.

*Challenge your thinking: One of the most effective things you can do is to challenge any unhelpful thinking styles and negative thoughts that leave you feeling inferior, unworthy and defective.

* Give yourself a chance: just understand that you are not perfect and so are others. Everyone is just taking chances.

* Practice self-acceptance: Own your flaws and insecurities. No one’s perfect. And that’s OK. Give yourself a break.

Check my signature for more engagement.

1 Like

Re: Overcoming Inferiority Complex by Ekabobo: 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2022
Dis is so enlightening... I possess all these characteristics... But I dnt tink I have inferiority complex... Or do I?
Re: Overcoming Inferiority Complex by AMISCOT(m): 10:55am On Nov 01, 2022
Ekabobo:
Dis is so enlightening... I possess all these characteristics... But I dnt tink I have inferiority complex... Or do I?

The thing is humility is different from Inferiority Complex. You can be humble without these traits but having them means you have the monster in you.
Re: Overcoming Inferiority Complex by Ekabobo: 12:59pm On Nov 01, 2022
Monster? Eish!
Re: Overcoming Inferiority Complex by AMISCOT(m): 6:15am On Nov 02, 2022
Ekabobo:
Monster? Eish!

Just don't know a better way to say it. It takes time but you can do it.
Re: Overcoming Inferiority Complex by Ekabobo: 9:52am On Nov 02, 2022
Will try and work on it... It's killing me slowly... I think

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know This And Its Cure? / Acne Treatment / Safe Drinking Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.