Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,974 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu (1132 Views)

Buhari Abandoned Us Despite Supporting His Reelection Bid - Miyetti Allah / Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics / The Trials Of Brother Tinubu - Tunde Odesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by Poten111: 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2022
For tribal reasons, Seyi Makinde is supporting Tinubu. One would expect that as a young visionary, he would support Obi since he and his group are against Atiku.

Posterity will judge him.
Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by duro4chang(m): 2:26pm On Oct 31, 2022
Kikikiki! Kikikiki. I laf. So anyone who is not supporting obi is in trouble? This is democracy. Seyi himself is not sure of his relection.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by firstworld: 2:34pm On Oct 31, 2022
Don't you know them. This is the very reason the country is as backward as this. They would support a stone as long as it is from their tribe. I don't blame them. I blame the youths whose future they have destroyed but who are still following them.
Poten111:

For tribal reasons, Seyi Makinde is supporting Tinubu. One would expect that as a young visionary, he would support Obi since he and his group are against Atiku.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by Poten111: 2:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
firstworld:
Don't you know them. This is the very reason the country is as backward as this. They would support a stone as long as it is from their tribe. I don't blame them. I blame the youths whose future they have destroyed but who are still following them.

In their character

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by LegendHero(m): 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2022
They will soon start insulting Seyi Makinde.

Obituary bingos never disappoint. If Wike had been Yoruba, they would have said he’s opposing Atiku because of tribalism.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by AlafinofEnugu(m): 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2022
Village ppl say obi is going nowhere grin

5 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by Poten111: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
LegendHero:
They will soon start insulting Seyi Makinde.

Obituary bingos never disappoint. If Wike had been Yoruba, they would have said he’s opposing Atiku because of tribalism.

Tribalism is in their blood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by 07kjb: 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2022
Poten111:

Tribalism is in their blood

I don't like responding to you guys

4 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by haffaze777(m): 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2022
Poten111:

He's a Yoruba Muslim grin angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by Poten111: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2022
07kjb:

I don't like responding to you guys

You dont need to. Because you know the truth
Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2022
Poten111:

Makinde cares about his people and he has seen them.suffer a lot from insecurity he was powerless to prevent.

Did you not see him put political difference aside to join APC governors to birth Amotekun and ban open grazing?

How is this move then a surprise or for "tribal reasons"? Makinde wants State policing and instantly improved security for Oyo folks beyond Buhari.

He know Atiku won't deliver that and Obi simply cannot. Makinde knows only Tinubu want to improve security and can. He has made a choice in the best interest of his people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by BATified2023: 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2022
Poten111:

u igbos are just funny

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by Poten111: 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2022
candidtalk:

Makinde cares about his people and he has seen them.suffer a lot from insecurity he was powerless to prevent.

Did you not see him put political difference aside to join APC governors to birth Amotekun and ban open grazing?

How is this move then a surprise or for "tribal reasons"? Makinde wants State policing and instantly improved security for Oyo folks beyond Buhari.

He know Atiku won't deliver that and Obi simply cannot. Makinde knows only Tinubu want to improve security and can. He has made a choice in the best interest of his people.

Tribal Choice. Imagine if all Northerners choose their own they way all South West States have chosen their own.
Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by Poten111: 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2022
BATified2023:
u igbos are just funny

All 6 Southwest Governors are supporting TINUBU. Nothing but tribal politics.
Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by BATified2023: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2022
Poten111:

All 6 Southwest Governors are supporting TINUBU. Nothing but tribal politics.
is ganduje,el rufai,Zulum n co also doing tribal politics?

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by Poten111: 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2022
BATified2023:
is ganduje,el rufai,Zulum n co also doing tribal politics?

They may consider it. Two can play the tribal game. when it is time for makinde to support a northerner. he choose his brother.
Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by Starboytwo(m): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2022
It’s valid now, you are allowed to support your brother, is that not what the whole Igbo people are doing by supporting Obi?

Support whoever you like or want. Your support nor concine my support.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by Akunatakasi(m): 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2022
candidtalk:

Tinubu wants to improve security.. but he did not improve the security of Lagos... Just imagine what this man is typing... You think we are fools abi.. emi lokan ... Emi lokan baba weh no well him dey shout emi lokan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by raumdeuter: 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2022
Osita Chidoka is supporting his brother Obi

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by raumdeuter: 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2022
Akunatakasi:

Tinubu wants to improve security.. but he did not improve the security of Lagos... Just imagine what this man is typing... You think we are fools abi.. emi lokan ... Emi lokan baba weh no well him dey shout emi lokan

Lagos still dey learn work for insecurity where Anambra dey

Lagos or Anambra which one insecure pass at least for Lagos Mondays are not work free days

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by Poten111: 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2022
raumdeuter:
Osita Chidoka is supporting his brother Obi

He is supporting Atiku.
Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by raumdeuter: 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
Poten111:

He is supporting Atiku.

oseloka Obaze or Abaribe

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 31, 2022
Akunatakasi:

Lol. Are you serious? Lagos is one of the safest States in Nigeria. Tinubu vastly and drastically improved on security he met on ground when he became governor.

I say this as a Lagosian who was a kid when Tinubu took over but was old enough to know how unsafe Lagos was pre-1999.

Bro, let's try and do issue-based. Completely your choice not to fancy Tinubu but give him credit he is due or refrain from lying against him.

Yorubas are better than a whole bunch of other Nigerians because they are principled. Even when they do not like you they will not lie against you or deny you the fruits of your labour or credit for such. This is why the SW is the shiniest light of Nigeria today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/amp/opinion/article/how-bola-tinubus-achievement-as-lagos-governor-may-take-him-to-aso-rock-in-2023/

How Bola Tinubu’s achievement as Lagos governor may take him to Aso Rock in 2023

By Mutiu Olagunju on September 27, 2022

In 2002, Brigadier General George Emdin (rtd) was posted to Lagos fresh from War College. The security situation in Lagos was frightening and it needed a stronger approach to solve the issue.

“As at that period, the security situation in Lagos was so bad that armed robbers would even write to the streets that they were coming and they would actually come. It was so bad,” Emdin said.

“He did a lot on the insecurity in the state. From my observations or knowledge of him, I think he set the foundation for what Lagos is today. It started with him. As the coordinator of the security team which involved the army, navy, airforce and police, including the other paramilitary within the state, we held regular meetings with the governor to talk about the plans and strategies for an efficient security system. With the cooperation of other agencies, I achieved a lot of success.”

Despite being the most populous state in Nigeria, Lagos has no history of terrorism, banditry, and insurgency. From initiating and equipping the Rapid Response Squad (RRS), an anti-crime unit in Lagos, to solving the internecine war between motor park managers, Tinubu is being touted as the man who can solve the current national security crises.

“The Rapid Response Squad (RRS) that he helped establish is now being copied by other states,” former IGP, Mike Okiro on how Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu fought crime as Lagos governor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by wingmanIII: 4:45pm On Oct 31, 2022
Yorubas are unrepentant tribal bigots. I am ashamed of my friend Seyi Makinde. Disappointed!!
Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by techWriter3: 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2022
town plp say politicians is going nowhere
Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by alanto: 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2022
candidtalk:

Lol. Are you serious? Lagos is one of the safest States in Nigeria. Tinubu vastly and drastically improved on security he met on ground when he became governor.

I say this as a Lagosian who was a kid when Tinubu took over but was old enough to know how unsafe Lagos was pre-1999.

Bro, let's try and do issue-based. Completely your choice not to fancy Tinubu but give him credit he is due or refrain from lying against him.

Yorubas are better than a whole bunch of other Nigerians because they are principled. Even when they do not like you they will not lie against you or deny you the fruits of your labour or credit for such. This is why the SW is the shiniest light of Nigeria today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/amp/opinion/article/how-bola-tinubus-achievement-as-lagos-governor-may-take-him-to-aso-rock-in-2023/

Leave all these ones but I love that we have young people like myself giving out fact. God won't forsake you... Growing up in mile 12 as a kid, you can't move anyhow in places like Akanimodo, Ajelogo, Alapere, as a matter of fact I knew like 2 landlords at Erunkan in Kosofe that their kids were killed by firing squad, armed robbery was at the height of it, Mushin, Osodi, Bariga and many of them are places you just don't go anyhow in Lagos them, Tinubu brought sanity, he stabilized the state, then if we talk about dirt... Lagos was filthy...

Tinubu gave those guys terrorizing the state jobs, what those useless people now call agbero that has ravaged their lands.
Only that brilliant idea reduced criminality in Lagos to a minimum. I attended Ajelogo so I know what I'm about. Tinubu opened Ikorodu up for people... In 2000 when I moved to Ikorodu everywhere in the place was like new site... The only asphalt would be the one on the main roads, with a tiny highway.. check out Ikorodu now and come and whine me... I will campaign for Tinubu with all my might because I just know he will do good... I do reason well as a man...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by alanto: 6:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
wingmanIII:
Yorubas are unrepentant tribal bigots. I am ashamed of my friend Seyi Makinde. Disappointed!!
I understand your pain but the honest truth is you guys made a wrong choice with Obi...
If Obi was good everybody in the SE would rally around him. Do you even know how many northern governors went to Adamu the APC chairman's house at 1 midnight to protest against him endorsing lawal? What is happening to Tinubu is what happened to Buhari in 2015, Tinubu, Amaechi, Saraki all supported Buhari which of them would you tag a tribalist?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by wingmanIII: 7:45pm On Oct 31, 2022
alanto:

I understand your pain but the honest truth is you guys made a wrong choice with Obi...
If Obi was good everybody in the SE would rally around him. Do you even know how many northern governors went to Adamu the APC chairman's house at 1 midnight to protest against him endorsing lawal? What is happening to Tinubu is what happened to Buhari in 2015, Tinubu, Amaechi, Saraki all supported Buhari which of them would you tag a tribalist?
What is this one talking about? What has this got to do with Obi? What wrong choice? Who did the choosing? You are lost and confused my friend.
Re: Seyi Makinde Is Supporting His Brother Tinubu by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2022
alanto:

Leave all these ones but I love that we have young people like myself giving out fact. God won't forsake you... Growing up in mile 12 as a kid, you can't move anyhow in places like Akanimodo, Ajelogo, Alapere, as a matter of fact I knew like 2 landlords at Erunkan in Kosofe that their kids were killed by firing squad, armed robbery was at the height of it, Mushin, Osodi, Bariga and many of them are places you just don't go anyhow in Lagos them, Tinubu brought sanity, he stabilized the state, then if we talk about dirt... Lagos was filthy...

Tinubu gave those guys terrorizing the state jobs, what those useless people now call agbero that has ravaged their lands.
Only that brilliant idea reduced criminality in Lagos to a minimum. I attended Ajelogo so I know what I'm about. Tinubu opened Ikorodu up for people... In 2000 when I moved to Ikorodu everywhere in the place was like new site... The only asphalt would be the one on the main roads, with a tiny highway.. check out Ikorodu now and come and whine me... I will campaign for Tinubu with all my might because I just know he will do good... I do reason well as a man...

God bless you ojare. You know a dishonorable and crooked man from his readiness to use lies and propaganda against others.

I personally cannot lie against anyone even if my enemy. All you said above is fact. Those of us who love Lagos and know what obtained when Tinubu took over know the tremendous work he did to make Lagos safer.

(1) (Reply)

Oyo APC Guber Candidate Teslim Folarin Agrees To Work With Seyi Makinde / Amaechi Is A Cursed Child' Wike Lists The Failures Of His Former Boss / Peter Obi Must Win This Election. Else We Are Finished. Babachir Lawal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.