Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,699 members, 7,816,857 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Help, I Can't Use My Visa Card To Pay For Goods On Alibaba. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help, I Can't Use My Visa Card To Pay For Goods On Alibaba. (724 Views)

My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / You Can't Use Riders Permit As Your Drivers License - FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I Can't Use My Visa Card To Pay For Goods On Alibaba. by Maureen17: 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2022
Hi guys, I've been trying to pay using my visa card since last week to pay for purchase on Alibaba, but it's not working. I've been to the bank and they said I must use my dollar atm card which I don't have, and I don't have dollars to fund the account. How can I still use my naira to pay online.
Re: Help, I Can't Use My Visa Card To Pay For Goods On Alibaba. by advanceDNA: 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2022
Maureen17:
Hi guys, I've been trying to pay using my visa card since last week to pay for purchase on Alibaba, but it's not working. I've been to the bank and they said I must use my dollar atm card which I don't have, and I don't have dollars to fund the account. How can I still use my naira to pay online.

U cant use you naira card if the amount is above 20dollars for some banks....some banks dont even allow any foreign transaction at all..

Its one of the horrible price to pay for being a nigerian...
Re: Help, I Can't Use My Visa Card To Pay For Goods On Alibaba. by Maureen17: 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
advanceDNA:

U cant use you naira card if the amount is above 20dollars for some banks....some banks dont even allow any foreign transaction at all..

Really, this is really bad. It's really frustrating my business
Re: Help, I Can't Use My Visa Card To Pay For Goods On Alibaba. by ednut1(m): 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
Maureen17:

you have to open a dom account or use virtual dollars app like flutterwave. Realities of doing business in Nigeria
Re: Help, I Can't Use My Visa Card To Pay For Goods On Alibaba. by advanceDNA: 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2022
Maureen17:

Pele...
Re: Help, I Can't Use My Visa Card To Pay For Goods On Alibaba. by Maureen17: 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2022
ednut1:
you have to open a dom account or use virtual dollars app like flutterwave. Realities of doing business in Nigeria
does this flutter wave work like paypal? Cos I've tried using paypal and it's not working, pls how does this work �
Re: Help, I Can't Use My Visa Card To Pay For Goods On Alibaba. by Maureen17: 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2022
advanceDNA:

Thanks dear, �

Pele...
Re: Help, I Can't Use My Visa Card To Pay For Goods On Alibaba. by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2022
Download an app called flip. It allows you to create a virtual card but funding it is 810 to a dollar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, I Can't Use My Visa Card To Pay For Goods On Alibaba. by emmyN(m): 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2022
advanceDNA:

That should explain my case too then. I use mastercard with first bank and tried to register on AWS yesterday but they said my preferred payment method was declined and asked that I contact my bank.

(1) (Reply)

Means To Migrate To Poland Very Soon.. / Brand New 2008 Hp Laptops For N20,000 / Can I Apply For New One While My Old Appeal Is With Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.