Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence (15900 Views)

Five FUTA Students Beat A Female Student For 'Running Her Mouth' / International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab / Lagos School Principal Becomes A Student For One Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence by BigYash: 1:11am On Nov 01, 2022
Pimine:

That thing na yansh? grin
No,na eyes cool
Re: UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence by techWriter3: 2:17am On Nov 01, 2022
congrats
Re: UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence by akwesenana: 4:00am On Nov 01, 2022
Hoedogwu:

Nairaland is dying, this very topic we're in has been at the top, on FP, since the past two hours, is yet to garner sizeable engagements and views. I'll tell you why:

1. Tribalism

2. Unfair and unexplained bans

1. I'm an Igbo man with two lovely daughters and a wife, but everyday I'm here, I have to endure being publicly called a pig, a miscreant, an osu, amongst many other terrible words and descriptions. I have to endure being publicly ridiculed anytime someone from my tribe does something bad or even, on many occasions, something good. I have to endure being shamed, insulted, called names, and belittled by people who may never be worthy to lace my shoes in real life. I might be able to endure that, but trust me, most people can't stand that level of toxicity being thrown at them on a daily, all the while Seun sits still and watches. Part of me thinks he's become numb to it. He doesn't see it anymore after haven seen it for many years. Algorithms have become so good that those of us outside Nigeria need only just follow Nigerian influencers on Twitter to keep up to date. The reality is that most people no longer need nairaland, and when you sum that up with the level of hate and tribalism that goes on here, it's a whole hot mess!

2. I've seen people complain bitterly about being banned for 10 years for minor offences. I mean, even twitter and Facebook doesn't issue such lengthy ban. The only time any social media platform can suspend a user permanently is if that person threatens to kill someone else or make racist remarks, but guess what? Here on NL, you can wish death on all "Osu's" and it'll just be a regular day on NL. I dare to say that the most heinous crime on nairaland is opening another account, to Seun and whoever wrote his moderation policy, alternate accounts are worst than bullying, ethnic slurs, and even genocidal threats.

That's why nairaland no longer gets views and traffic. The engagements are even at an all time low!
The toxicity spreads every where to even the sports section.
Nairaland is not recommended for people who are not immune to abuses.

Broke Misandrists posing as woke feminists.
Lazy misogynist soiling the redpill name.
SMHundecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence by Munzy14(m): 6:18am On Nov 01, 2022
She worked in VC office and VC rewarded her..

She didn't struggle to move interstates searching for a firm to absolve her for IT.

Another thing, did VC check other students who did their best elsewhere? What was the criteria for the reward?..smh

Naija na man know man...My people my people.
Re: UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence by Pimine: 7:01am On Nov 01, 2022
BigYash:
No,na eyes cool
Lmao grin

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence by begge: 8:30am On Nov 01, 2022
Wicked VC
Re: UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence by AbuAeesha: 10:01am On Nov 01, 2022
YoungLionken:
She should have done more, considering her status as the VC...
like giving her 1-#10m abi?
Re: UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence by Emeka71(m): 12:41pm On Nov 01, 2022
AJOBI77:
Congratulations. Kudos to the V.C
She try.
Re: UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence by Ijb11: 4:22pm On Nov 01, 2022
Really
Re: UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence by BanyXchi: 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2022
Hoedogwu:

Nairaland is dying, this very topic we're in has been at the top, on FP, since the past two hours, is yet to garner sizeable engagements and views. I'll tell you why:

1. Tribalism

2. Unfair and unexplained bans

1. I'm an Igbo man with two lovely daughters and a wife, but everyday I'm here, I have to endure being publicly called a pig, a miscreant, an osu, amongst many other terrible words and descriptions. I have to endure being publicly ridiculed anytime someone from my tribe does something bad or even, on many occasions, something good. I have to endure being shamed, insulted, called names, and belittled by people who may never be worthy to lace my shoes in real life. I might be able to endure that, but trust me, most people can't stand that level of toxicity being thrown at them on a daily, all the while Seun sits still and watches. Part of me thinks he's become numb to it. He doesn't see it anymore after haven seen it for many years. Algorithms have become so good that those of us outside Nigeria need only just follow Nigerian influencers on Twitter to keep up to date. The reality is that most people no longer need nairaland, and when you sum that up with the level of hate and tribalism that goes on here, it's a whole hot mess!

2. I've seen people complain bitterly about being banned for 10 years for minor offences. I mean, even twitter and Facebook doesn't issue such lengthy ban. The only time any social media platform can suspend a user permanently is if that person threatens to kill someone else or make racist remarks, but guess what? Here on NL, you can wish death on all "Osu's" and it'll just be a regular day on NL. I dare to say that the most heinous crime on nairaland is opening another account, to Seun and whoever wrote his moderation policy, alternate accounts are worst than bullying, ethnic slurs, and even genocidal threats.

That's why nairaland no longer gets views and traffic. The engagements are even at an all time low!
lol playing victims huh?? You don't see your people pushing hate against other ethnic groups too right?? I've been on this forum as a guest for a long time enough to know those that brought tribalism to this forum.... You people push nothing but hate and toxicity and when they give it back to you you start playing victims.... NL has been dying for years now and it that for a lot of reasons, but the forum is still great for those that benefit from it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt / Lagos State Polytechnic, Isolo Part Time Form Is Out / Website adress of private polytechnics in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.