Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,005 members, 7,810,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search (16612 Views)

Terror Threat: Real Reason US Raised Red Flag / Terror Threat: US Moves To Evacuate Citizens, Embassy Staff From Nigeria / Elevated Terror Threat: DSS Calls For Calm, Urge Citizens To Remain Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by NwaNimo1(m): 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
Following the advisory on security threat in the country especially in the Federal Capital Territory, issued last week by the embassies of the United State of America and the United Kingdom, security personnel at the National Assembly have commenced thorough search of all vehicles coming into the complex. grin

There was no exception to the search, as representatives of Ministries, Departments and Agencies, of the Federal Government who came for the 2023 Budget Defence, were checked by the security forces strategically positioned within and around the Complex.

The National Assembly Security Management Committee in a memo said the stop and search policy, was to prevent the complex from being a vulnerable target for attacks.

The memo signed by the Director, Administrative, Dr. Tahir Sani, read in part, “one of such measures is the directive to security agencies and the Sergeant-at-Arms Department to ensure that, effective October 31, 2022, all vehicles coming into the National Assembly premises are thoroughly searched. This entails that, the drivers of the vehicles shall by themselves open the booths of their cars and submit their vehicles to comprehensive checks.

“Honourable Members and Distinguished Senators are by this notice advised to use the Presidential gate, unless they are willing to submit themselves to this stop and search policy. While regretting the inconvenience that this policy may cause to our Visitors, Staff, Honourable Members and Distinguished Senators, it is important to state that this measure is due to the exigent demands of our security challenges.”
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/10/31/terror-threat-national-assembly-commences-stop-and-search/

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by Celine2: 10:25pm On Oct 31, 2022
shocked
Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by BossGerald: 10:31pm On Oct 31, 2022
See where Buhari's government that Tinubu brought has taken us to...

Affliction must never be allowed to arise a second time.

Vote wisely.

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by NwaNimo1(m): 10:37pm On Oct 31, 2022
They are stopping and searching themselves...

[img]https://giffiles./217/217547.gif[/img]

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by Selijan: 10:38pm On Oct 31, 2022
Vote wisely people

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by bigdammyj: 11:48pm On Oct 31, 2022
Noted.
Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by Mareon: 11:48pm On Oct 31, 2022
Very good. All corners must be blocked

1 Like

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by Akinsete19(m): 11:49pm On Oct 31, 2022
Functionally Useless peoples

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by slivertongue: 11:49pm On Oct 31, 2022
It's been like that since the days of Gej

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by emiika: 11:49pm On Oct 31, 2022
stop and search, yahoo politicians lol

1 Like

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by DSC7: 11:50pm On Oct 31, 2022
So na only the national complex dey important to secure? undecided

1 Like

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by Charisco(m): 11:51pm On Oct 31, 2022
May them suffer what they sow to the masses... Amen

3 Likes

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by Lightorder: 11:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
I thought shameless old lai was mocking US the other day

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by Ologundudu2020: 11:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
Lol
Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by Basiljoe: 11:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by Kutunban: 11:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
Sad
Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by Kennyfancy(m): 11:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
Shau APC government said the security threats is a lie, why the stop and search when ur oga said USA is lieing, Only a fool will vote for APC

7 Likes

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
Ok, noted.
Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by ifihearam: 11:57pm On Oct 31, 2022
Its the 1st day of November 2022..I can tell you for free that Buhari is the worst president in the history of Nigeria.
Let PDP fix what useless Apc has done.

5 Likes

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by Danny50: 11:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
Confused set of animals.

1 Like

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by ExtremeDot: 11:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
There shall be no terror attach in Nigeria.

We humans are indeed Animals and can be animalistic. Though, some are tamed, while others are not.

If not, why human being go just decide to inflict terror attach on other humans?
Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by TalkTalkTwins(m): 12:08am On Nov 01, 2022
hmm
Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by enigma1990: 12:11am On Nov 01, 2022
you see? wetin never happen before for nigeria don dey happen, when the attacks don dey reach the rich politicians,and well connect peoples. please my fellow Nigerians don't let us vote for grand pa dem.i beg let's join hands together and fight this useless old mens controling the the governments. plsss I beg the suffering don too much. for example for my area now,for mama put restaurant wey I go carry #200 go I go belle full, but now the woman no gree sell 100 naira rice again,na almost 1k I go spend, for me to dey satisfied.PLEASE WE YOUTH LETS VOTE WISELY.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by Mccullum: 12:17am On Nov 01, 2022
BossGerald:

See where Buhari's government that Tinubu brought has taken us to...

Affliction must never be allowed to arise a second time.

Vote wisely.

What of South Africa that had same security alert warning from US and UK, .. very unpatriotic citizens that derives pleasure in negative thought against it's country. hypocrite! I'm voting wisely for my choice, thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by netmillionaires(m): 12:28am On Nov 01, 2022
You have to learn to ignore these guys sometimes. He had to find a way to bring Tinubu's name in the discourse. It will surprise you to find out that he is one of the people celebrating that Tinubu's wings have been clipped by Buhari and his cabal. Then when it suits him, he will blame the same man for Buhari's ills.

Mccullum:

What of South Africa that had same security alert warning from US and UK, .. very unpatriotic citizens that derives pleasure in negative thought against it's country. hypocrite! I'm voting wisely for my choice, thanks.
Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by Sultty(m): 12:36am On Nov 01, 2022
nobody wan die but they wan go heaven
Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by eeetuk(m): 12:49am On Nov 01, 2022
Meanwhile, the general have to pray they live through the attacks if any---another example of a government that does not care about the lives of their citizens. The only way to get rid of this terrible government is to make the votes count and vote out APC for good. We need one Nigeria, not two. Today, nigeria has two governments: one for the rich and another for the poor--based on this new policy directives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search by b0rn2fuck(m): 12:58am On Nov 01, 2022
So dem fit dey fear, after plotting the countries into land of the living dead, (kidnapping ,banditary and terrorist) they the politicians are not let out,

They think they are doing us. We are doing ourselves

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) / Kidnapped Victims Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack Appeal To FG & Osinbajo (Video) / Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.