Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip (16618 Views)

Fire Breaks Out At Rivers House Of Assembly / Barthiya Wesley: Adamawa Assembly Elects Physically Challenged Lawmaker Speaker / Gov. Wike Hands Over 32 Vehicles To Rivers House Of Assembly Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by senatordave1(m): 1:27pm On Dec 07, 2023
Rivers State House of Assembly under the Speakership of Martins Amaewhule yesterday, at the 85th legislative sitting elected new Majority Leader and House Whip.

The newly elected are, Hon Major Jack, the member representing Akuku Toru Constituency 1, and former Whip of the House as the Majority Leader, while, Hon Frankline Nwabochi, member, representing Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Constituency 1, was elected the new Whip of the House.

THISDAY observed that the two new principal officers took their oath of office, immediately after they were voted by the members present at the sitting.

The Speaker, Amaewhule, congratulated the duo and charged them to be committed to their new responsibilities.

In another development, the Bill seeking to amend the Rivers State Local Government Law, No. 5 of 2018 and other matters connected thereto, has reached first reading.

The assembly members also debated on the Rivers State House of Assembly Funds Management (Financial Autonomy) Bill, 2023, after giving the Bill Second Reading.

Commenting on the Bill, Amaewhule harped on the importance of the Bill and noted his conviction that when passed the Governor will give his assent to the Bill.

The Speaker hinted that the Governor, Sir Siminialayi Fubara has withheld the funds meant for the Assembly for the month of November, 2023 but stated the resolve of the House to perform its constitutional function despite the distractions, and referred the Bill to the House Committee on Public Accounts for public hearing and further legislative scrutiny.

Amaewhule also thanked the 27 Members of the House for passing a vote of confidence on him and other principal officers; and reaffirmed his commitment to the service of the House and the State.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/12/07/rivers-assembly-elects-new-leader-whip&ved=2ahUKEwiq3ID3qP2CAxUmgv0HHaEACxoQvOMEKAB6BAgNEAE&usg=AOvVaw1N5PwmaQZflfa2R5NjRNZf

5 Likes

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by slivertongue: 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2023
peace to the people of Rivers State

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by DSS1335: 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
This factional speaker is still playing to the tune of wike. He well know that if Fubara along with his Deputy are impeached successfully, he being an ikwerre man will take over..lol

The funniest thing is that It is now they wanted financial autonomy for the house of assembly and are very sure the Governor whom they were antagonizing will accent to the bill...i don't know what is boosting their morale so high. I am sure that they can't contemplate such move if wike were still in power

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by Pierohandsome: 1:55pm On Dec 07, 2023
Lol. Where are they sitting, and I thought the court told them to stop sitting and maintain status quo?

Ok nah. Fubara is jonsing himself.
Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by Melagros(m): 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2023
Wasting of time instead of you to part with the governor, by the time Fubara clocks one year in office all Wike's gragra will come to an end

7 Likes

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by jkpbestseries: 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2023
interesting

4 Likes

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by SSFeedsNigeria: 2:12pm On Dec 07, 2023
Funny how Wike wants to be ruling both FCT and Rivers State at the same time.

Greediness of man. Indeed pride goes before a fall.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by KillahPriest: 2:13pm On Dec 07, 2023
Agbado lunatics always at the wrong end of the spectrum cool

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by KillahPriest: 2:15pm On Dec 07, 2023
Pierohandsome:
Lol. Where are they sitting, and I thought the court told them to stop sitting and maintain status quo?

Ok nah. Wike is jonsing himself.
cool
Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by senatordave1(m): 2:36pm On Dec 07, 2023
KillahPriest:
Agbado lunatics always at the wrong end of the spectrum cool

You mean dumbidients are always losing

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by muykem: 3:01pm On Dec 07, 2023
Wike has lost this war.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by Fortruth: 3:03pm On Dec 07, 2023
"Rivers" state

Meaningless name...

No wonder there is so much corruption

Meaningless name and meaningless State assembly LOL

1 Like

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by senatordave1(m): 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2023
muykem:
Wike has lost this war.

How? He is winning sir

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by senatordave1(m): 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2023
Fortruth:
"Rivers" state

Meaningless name...

No wonder there is so much corruption

Meaningless name and meaningless State assembly LOL

Face the topic...cc svoboda,tutudesz,cajal,seanfer,generalpula,alphagan

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by Jogs1900: 3:14pm On Dec 07, 2023
muykem:
Wike has lost this war.
For where? SIM go beg laslas.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by Svoboda(m): 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2023
senatordave1:

Face the topic...cc svoboda,tutudesz,cajal,seanfer,generalpula,alphagan

I already aired my opinion on the above matter. I have sympathy for fubara. Bat will not allow wike throw fubara under the bus if the later is wise enough to defy wike and get close to pbat.
Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by OmoFiditi: 3:33pm On Dec 07, 2023
Do not be deceived. The poster is garfield1, an APC and Wike lackey.

The real Speaker is Hon. Edison Ehie. Any other speaker is a fake imposter.

Gov. Sim Card is fully activated. Network everywhere.

Wike lackeys, do anyhow and see anyhow. Rivers is not Wike's personal property. Him go learn..

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by senatordave1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2023
Jogs1900:

For where? SIM go beg laslas.

He already begged

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by wingmanIII: 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ehie is the speaker, Rsha

1 Like

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by senatordave1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 07, 2023
wingmanIII:
Ehie is the speaker, Rsha

Amaehule it is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by mrksquare: 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2023
Rivers people are watching with bated breath to see how events all unfolds.

With Tunji Disu, the hatchet CP sent to further Wike's end, the Amaehule faction seem to be having a field day.

I am even surprised that Gov. Sim is yet to infiltrate and lure some of the Assembly members loyal to Wike to him side.

Well, the days and weeks ahead will be very interesting.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by Validated: 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2023
People do not learn. Those that followed Oshomole in Benin are still leaking their wounds.

Na the Fabara self I blame. Just remove the roof of the assembly and start major renovation immediately. Then provide a hall in government house for members to meet. Anyone not ready should resign.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by Caseless: 10:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
It seems the 27 lawmakers are still firmly held in Wike's camp.

Wike is a true politician who knows his onions.

13 Likes

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by Caseless: 10:25pm On Dec 07, 2023
Validated:
People do not learn. Those that followed Oshomole in Benin are still leaking their wounds.

Na the Fabara self I blame. Just remove the roof of the assembly and start major renovation immediately. Then provide a hall in government house for members to meet. Anyone not ready should resign.
How many followed Oshomhole then? He has 27 against him. He has to be careful especially when his godfather has a till he can dip his hands in to fight him back.

Rivers people like money and people wey dead spend, so Wike is still strong in the state.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by senatordave1(m): 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2023
mrksquare:

Rivers people are watching with bated breath to see how events all unfolds.

With Tunji Disu, the hatchet CP sent to further Wike's end, the Amaehule faction seem to be having a field day.

I am even surprised that Gov. Sim is yet to infiltrate and lure some of the Assembly members loyal to Wike to him side.

Well, the days and weeks ahead will be very interesting.

Disu is there to destroy fubara

3 Likes

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by senatordave1(m): 11:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
Validated:

The aso rock cabal supported obaseki.is it not obvious to you that tinubu is with wike

11 Likes

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by senatordave1(m): 11:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
Caseless:
It seems the 27 lawmakers are still firmly held in Wike's camp.

Wike is a true politician who knows his onions.

Yes oh

4 Likes

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by Whalis: 6:05am On Dec 08, 2023
Svoboda:

I already aired my opinion on the above matter. I have sympathy for fubara. Bat will not allow wike throw fubara under the bus if the later is wise enough to defy wike and get close to pbat.
U don't understand politics especially in Rivers State. Wike and his cohorts hold the ace. PBat can never sacrifice Wike if he has second term ambition. Fubara doesn't have what it takes to deliver even his opobo.
Let me reveal this to you.
Do you know Wike is still paying 6 people selected from each polling unit in Rivers State salary? This is the structure he is talking about and wants Fubara to maintain.

10 Likes

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by mrksquare: 7:18am On Dec 08, 2023
senatordave1:

Disu is there to destroy fubara

I started being apprehensive of Tunji Disu's neutrality the moment he was posted to Rivers state. A man who was the ADC to Bola Tinubu in 1999, can only be posted to Rivers state to do the bidding of Wike and the APC led government.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers House Of Assembly Elects New Majority Leader And Chief Whip by senatordave1(m): 7:36am On Dec 08, 2023
mrksquare:

I started being apprehensive of Tunji Disu's neutrality the moment he was posted to Rivers state. A man who was the ADC to Bola Tinubu in 1999, can only be posted to Rivers state to do the bidding of Wike and the APC led government.

Fubara rebelled too early.wike will bury him

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Drop Babachir Lawal & Oke Over $43.4m Contract Scam, Shops For Replacement / Lawan, Akpabio: Supreme Court Lambasts Kperogi, Faceless Groups / Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.