Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,124 members, 7,828,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira (3564 Views)

Kumuyi's Voice Is Stronger, More Robust & Louder Than Obi's Tiny Voice - Omokri / Lagos Airport Road Glitters At Night, Now Has 10 Lanes, Lagosians Hail Ambode / Atiku: All That Glitters Not Gold – VON DG Cautions Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 01, 2022
kingsways:
Naira should be stronger but the managers. Of the CBN and Finance Ministry are incompetent

If naira is strong, nobody will buy Nigerian goods
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 01, 2022
ConsciousMan01:
Thrash!! Why not compare 740naira to 740dollars?? Why not compare how easy it is to get 740 naira and 1dollar!..

It is more easier to get 740 naira in Nigeria than to get $740 in the United states
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by oyatz(m): 7:15am On Nov 02, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Op, items and services you specified are available within Nigeria.

How do you now use same naira to address requirements for goods and services not available in Nigeria?

A dealer that imported iPhone at the cost of $1k will certainly sell it more than N750k. In this case, you just have to buy the iPhone at a cost higher than the prevailing cost in US.

Things are cheaper in Nigeria than US, UK or Canada.

My sister just coughed out £20 to a phone repairer in London yesterday just to remove the pin that lodged in the hole beside the sim card.

To barb and shave in London is £15.

i-Phones are far more expensive in US than Nigeria
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by kingsways: 7:24am On Nov 02, 2022
Okonandmary:

If naira is strong, nobody will buy Nigerian goods

International market will buy the goods if they are good enough

A strong Naira will make it easier and cheaper for SMEs and Manufacturers to buy machinery and other critical inputs needed to produce

But then importation of non-essentials also need to be drastically cut down
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 02, 2022
kingsways:

International market will buy the goods if they are good enough

A strong Naira will make it easier and cheaper for SMEs and Manufacturers to buy machinery and other critical inputs needed to produce

But then importation of non-essentials also need to be drastically cut down

I dont think so, a strong naira means production will be shifted to a cheaper country

the western world have a strong currency but production have been shifted to asia so that companies can employ cheap labour and maximise profit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Leads By 40.37% In New Election Poll, Tinubu At 3rd / Subjective Population Of The Three Major Ethnicities / Achebe May Reject The National Honour By FG - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.