Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira (3565 Views)

Kumuyi's Voice Is Stronger, More Robust & Louder Than Obi's Tiny Voice - Omokri / Lagos Airport Road Glitters At Night, Now Has 10 Lanes, Lagosians Hail Ambode / Atiku: All That Glitters Not Gold – VON DG Cautions Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by greenermodels: 6:50am On Nov 01, 2022
michlins:
How easily can you earn $1 in USA that's what you should be concerned about. Minimum wage is 30k here and a liter of petrol is 200 plus subsidy. Which means that your minimum wage will buy you only 150 liters.

Meanwhile in USA, it's $1250 and a liter of petrol is $1 without subsidy. So if you get 1250 liters with the minimum wage in USA. That's how you should calculate it.

It's election time and this type of misinformation is expected.

You don't check how much something is sold abroad and convert it to Naira and when I compare Naira to Dollar rates, you ask me if I spend dollars

Many if not most Nigerian workers don't even earn up to #30,000 per month ( some university graduates working in private schools earns as little as #15,000 per month). Judging by the comments, this stupid article was sponsored by Tinubu urchins and would soon make it to the front page after the super moderators have removed the most critical comments exposing their poor logic.

1 Like

Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by Nwaide01: 6:55am On Nov 01, 2022
Nawa ooo for this op so it did not occur to him that there are millions of families in Nigeria that don't make #750 a day talk less of 1 hour ?

1 Like

Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by RZArecta(m): 6:57am On Nov 01, 2022
Every three market days, agbado îmbeciles come to tell us the worst economic situation in Nigerias history since 1914 is the best thing to happen to us since the invention of bread and ewa agoyin. Continue being fóolish like the op, shebi the other day Tinubuadvocate was calculating how much would be enough to relocate his family to Canada ? They know what they're doing, they know their market is bad but they just want to force it down your throats so they can cash out their little coins and leave you here to suffer the consequences of their wickedness. Vote wisely

3 Likes

Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by fykes(m): 7:10am On Nov 01, 2022
dettolgel:
Op see as you dey display your ignorance everywhere. grin

Let me break it down to your level with simple questions that won't set your brain on fire grin

Ask yourself how many hours do you need to work in the US to earn 1 dollars?

How many hours do you have to work in Nigeria to earn 740 naira?

The above question might stimulate your brain to start thinking in the right direction. grin

If I can give this here a million likes....

Don't mind the simpleton writer... In Nigeria, people celebrate their ignorance online

1 Like

Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by ConsciousMan01: 7:13am On Nov 01, 2022
Thrash!! Why not compare 740naira to 740dollars?? Why not compare how easy it is to get 740 naira and 1dollar!..

2 Likes

Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by HitRun(m): 7:23am On Nov 01, 2022
Your theory can only work if you produce everything you consume. As soon as you have to buy one thing outside your country, that exchange rate becomes important.

For example, you must buy your Phone at the rate it is sold by the manufacturer, which is based on the $$.
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by gabemuyi: 7:25am On Nov 01, 2022
There no comparison Ur example is skwed
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by Honchoslim16(m): 7:40am On Nov 01, 2022
All your comparisons are lame!
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by lereinter(m): 7:55am On Nov 01, 2022
740 can buy you 2 square mean in nigeria:

Joker

Cursed fellow
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by Obidient4life3: 8:01am On Nov 01, 2022
dettolgel:

Let me break it down to your level with simple questions that won't set your brain on fire grin

The above question might stimulate your brain to start thinking in the right direction. grin
Op is an economics illiterate

1 Like

Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by michlins(m): 8:06am On Nov 01, 2022
kolaaderin:
You are very correct, that was why Tinubu said his concern is not the dollar exchange rate but the local value of naira. This man knew that the cause of devaluation of naira against dollar is as a result of our penchant taste in everything foreign and expensive instead of us to look inward and produce most of our needs and patronize them locally.
When he said we should stop buying Benzand other foreign exotics, he is very right to a spur,but those sorosoke moronic children and zombiediots will castigate him.

They all want to be seen in expensive worthless designers. Production cost of some expensive designer clothes may not be more than a dollar #800 naira, but will be sold for a thousand dollars #800k for the brand name and foreign. That is a serious capital flight there on local currency, hence unending devaluation.
Same goes for when he made mention of the most important agricultural product Nigerian should be more concerned about, stupid children are as well making mockery of him. Rice, casava, corn and other grains are super important, but zombidiots only want to hear him talk about cereals and other baby stuff they are feed with grown up, because they don't know those are end product of basic crops like Casava and corn.
Tinubu got the brain and he has been saying it the way it should be. Let no zombie start quoting foreign unrealistic statistics and sugar coated lies for me.
Tinubu gets my vote in February and that is final.
let's start with him,he attends foreign hospital,his kids live abroad,his clothing materials are all imported. If anything,he contributes to capital flight to the tune of $50,000/month but it's someone who wears fake designers you want to blame

1 Like

Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by tamdun: 8:09am On Nov 01, 2022
The op is right, let me explain from my own perspective, a bottle of water in US is above a dollar but here in Naija its below 1 dollar
A bottle in US =1$(850 naira)
A bottle in Nig=100(less than a dollar)
Would u rather buy a bottle of water at #100 or import a bottle of water at $1(850)?
Go outside Naija and spend more or buy Naija products and spend less.
If u are bringing ur dollars to spend in Nigeria, you'll have more money to spend but if u are taking ur money to US, you'll have lesser money to spend because of exchange rate,, u want to buy gadget from US and u must use dollars, our problem in Naija is that we produce little or nothing in Naija, let's buy Naija to grow Naija.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by akwesenana: 8:26am On Nov 01, 2022
Oga poster wasn't expecting this; Wait, is the minimum wage here? 'Cause I was offered a job @ ₦8k a month. Monday to Saturday 8:00am to 6:00pm.
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by AnonDude2004: 8:34am On Nov 01, 2022
Came here to blast the OP but I see others have said everything I wanted to say. cheesy
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by Coolguy34(m): 9:13am On Nov 01, 2022
Ok..

I do data entry-related jobs and I'm good at it, kindly check my signature for my contact so we can talk.

Best regards
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by OsunOriginal: 9:22am On Nov 01, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Op, items and services you specified are available within Nigeria.

How do you now use same naira to address requirements for goods and services not available in Nigeria?

A dealer that imported iPhone at the cost of $1k will certainly sell it more than N750k. In this case, you just have to buy the iPhone at a cost higher than the prevailing cost in US.

So, the US imports petrol? They imports all the food items?
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:59am On Nov 01, 2022
dapoRead:
Not all that glitters is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira - See why

PPP = Purchasing power parities (PPPs) are the rates of currency conversion that try to equalise the purchasing power of different currencies, by eliminating the differences in price levels between countries.

This means that goods in each country will cost the same once the currencies have been exchanged. For example, if the price of fuel in the U.S per litre was $1, and it was ₦740 in Nigeria, then the USD/NGN exchange rate should be 750 (the NAIJA price divided by the US’s) according to the PPP theory.

Nigeria has a higher purchasing power than the U.S.A
See the reason bellow.

Destiny Young wrote: If you think Nigeria ₦740 Naira is useless just because it is equivalent to $1 please read to end

I came across people making a mockery of the Naira vs the dollar in the last 48 hours and I have been laughing and pitying them since! Is the currency exchange rate a yardstick for the basic cost of living comparison? I am not happy that our Naira is depreciating always but hey….it is not that bad and this is why

1) ₦740 can buy me 2 square meals in Nigeria but $1 can’t buy you a meal in the US.
2) ₦740 can buy me 1.6GB worth of data in Nigeria but $1 can’t buy you 250MB of data in the US. T-Mobile charges N32,500 for 30GB of data, AT&T charges N37,500 for 30GB of data, and Verizon also charges ₦40,000 for the same 30GB of data in the US. Glo charges me N10,000 for 50GB and MTN charges me N10,000 for 40GB of data.
3) A 75cl bottle of water in Nigeria cost an average ₦100, a 55cl bottle water in the US is $1.45 which is ₦1125.
4) The most expensive place to live in Abuja is Aso Drive, a single room cost N600,000 per month, and the same room goes for ₦450,000 in Lekki all in Nigeria. The same room in Manhattan, New York City goes for ₦2.4 million per month.
5) N740 can buy me a Dudu osun bathing soap and a Vaseline for the harmattan season, $1 can’t do the same in the US.
6) N740 can buy me almost 4 litres of fuel in Nigeria, $1 can only buy you LESS THAN 1 litre of fuel in the US.
7) It cost an average of ₦280 daily to earn a degree in Nigeria, it cost an average of N2,650 a day to earn the same in the US.
Keep Insulting Yourself Thinking You Are Insulting Nigeria.

The challenges we are facing will be over soon. The reason we overrate this Dollar over the Naira is due to a mindset – that everything foreign is superior even when we are capable of producing better local alternatives, thereby putting pressure on the Naira to be exchanged for the Dollar. If we change our consumption mentality to a productive mentality, Naira will gain strength and compete with major currencies.
Olodumare bless Nigeria

https://ooduarere.com/news-from-nigeria/breaking-news/not-all-that-glitters-is-gold-naira/
give me the dollars and I will stay in Nigeria
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by Ikennablue(m): 10:04am On Nov 01, 2022
kingsways:
Naira should be stronger but the managers. Of the CBN and Finance Ministry are incompetent
i’m beginning to understand this clearly. It simply means that with the putting a few things in place. We can have a better economy than some of these developed countries
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by Nijablast: 10:21am On Nov 01, 2022
Arda1000:
Try comparing 1$ to 1#
Try comparing 100$ to 100#
Try comparing 1000$ to 100#
Foolish people Nigerians are very stupid and ignorant people and will keep suffering until they get sense.
if u talk this rubbish for my side na very hard knock u go get to reset your rubbish brain.
na you no get 1 kobo sense
and the Irony of these your jargons is that you can't even produce nada, you are not contributing anything to Nigeria economy.
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by Arda1000(m): 11:02am On Nov 01, 2022
Nijablast:

na you no get 1 kobo sense
and the Irony of these your jargons is that you can't even produce nada, you are not contributing anything to Nigeria economy.
ure such an iiddiot…
Why mention me when u don’t a single manner or anything to contribute.
What exactly do Nigeria offer me ?
After that I pay tax to those thieves?
Anyway people like u who do not have senses is why these thieves are in power smh
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by dazzlingd(m): 12:01pm On Nov 01, 2022
But it takes you 1 hour to earn like 20 dollars in US

On the average, doing the same number of hours in Nigeria, you may earn 100 dollars but earn like 3k dollars in US at the end of month
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by Magikhal(m): 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2022
It is obvious that they have swear for you because if not, you won't be displaying ignorance.
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by Tallesty1(m): 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2022
kolaaderin:
You are very correct, that was why Tinubu said his concern is not the dollar exchange rate but the local value of naira. This man knew that the cause of devaluation of naira against dollar is as a result of our penchant taste in everything foreign and expensive instead of us to look inward and produce most of our needs and patronize them locally.
When he said we should stop buying Benzand other foreign exotics, he is very right to a spur,but those sorosoke moronic children and zombiediots will castigate him.

They all want to be seen in expensive worthless designers. Production cost of some expensive designer clothes may not be more than a dollar #800 naira, but will be sold for a thousand dollars #800k for the brand name and foreign. That is a serious capital flight there on local currency, hence unending devaluation.
Same goes for when he made mention of the most important agricultural product Nigerian should be more concerned about, stupid children are as well making mockery of him. Rice, casava, corn and other grains are super important, but zombidiots only want to hear him talk about cereals and other baby stuff they are feed with grown up, because they don't know those are end product of basic crops like Casava and corn.
Tinubu got the brain and he has been saying it the way it should be. Let no zombie start quoting foreign unrealistic statistics and sugar coated lies for me.
Tinubu gets my vote in February and that is final.
Shut it already.

You, the op and Tinubu deserve group beating.

The old guy that walks like he's breaking a dance was crying all over the place when dollar was just 200, now that the walking dead he brought has destroyed what's left of the naira, you, him and the op are now telling us about the ppp rubbish.

Why must your conversion be dollar to naira, why don't you do naira to dollar conversion to see what's up?

Your minimum wage cannot buy a bag of rice.

Let that sink in.
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by ambale(m): 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2022
The question should be how easy is it to make #740 in today's naija

Many citizens don't even make that in a day, so where is the power please?
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by Nwaotu10(m): 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2022
Arda1000:
Try comparing 1$ to 1#
Try comparing 100$ to 100#
Try comparing 1000$ to 100#
Foolish people Nigerians are very stupid and ignorant people and will keep suffering until they get sense.
if u talk this rubbish for my side na very hard knock u go get to reset your rubbish brain.
I was just laughing at his mumuism. grin
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by dapoRead: 9:37pm On Nov 01, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Op, items and services you specified are available within Nigeria.

How do you now use same naira to address requirements for goods and services not available in Nigeria?

A dealer that imported iPhone at the cost of $1k will certainly sell it more than N750k. In this case, you just have to buy the iPhone at a cost higher than the prevailing cost in US.

What is purchasing power parity?

Naija has a higher one. THAT IS WHAT IT MEANS.. if i am paying 10,000 naira to remove one tooth in naija and to remove the same in the u.s you will pay 1500 USD.

What does that tell you about the USD?
If You are only talking about importation or having foreign tourism.. Yes that is expensive because you don't buy what you make..

Normaly life, simple living is not.. Ok..
U want to buy Iphone you dont make.. That is expensive, it is luxury, luxury goods.
Live the life u make then you may live like a king.. Understand small economics.

How many of u are buying cars made in the east or naija made cars? If the germans do not buy their products, it wont make it this far anywhere..

Na lie oh.. na so so Toyota dem go dey buy..

Buy naija products and criticize it so the maker can make corrections..

It starts from somewhere. Mention how many Naija made products you have in your home? Some idiots will even be boasting about importing Italian furnitures.. Are you ALL MAD ni?

How many locally made products have you invested in today? lets assume you don't have money to invest.. Even check your doings sef, how many local stuff have you done? Watched local football? Gone to any local show, Just check your lifestyle? Which ideology do you follow? A foreign ideology(Christianity or Islam) or your Local traditional identity? You see when everything about you is not local, then you will only think foreign. It starts from there.

NEXT

kingsways:

Well that is true. An importer who imports with expensive Dollar will have no option than to sell high likewise.

But the value of Naira is much stronger than it’s selling for if you compare the price of basic things like food in a restaurant and cost of housing in Nigeria to what they cost outside Nigeria

An importer who imports will be forced to look for local talents, local raw materials, locally made ones, rebrand it as his and sell even way cheaper than the imported ones. This will grow the local Economy more. A weakened Naira means any locally made product will be easily bought. There is no other time to be alive if you are producing anything in Nigeria at this point in time.

NEXT

Vote4Obi:
All these useless calculations to defend a currency APC has damaged?

This same naira was #215 to $1 when this criminals took over, but now it's approaching #900 to $1 but instead of them to profusely beg Nigerians for forgiveness, you see them foolishly beating about the bush.

To show you how senseless the op is by comparing apples with oranges, in[b] the US the minimum wage is above $10 per hour, but in Nigeria, the minimum wage is 18,000 per month [/b] (so what a minimum wage earner gets in US within 2 & half hours is more than what a minimum wage earner gets in a month in Nigeria). Yet this urchin is trying to compare light with darkness? May your life be harassed like the naira!

I don't blame you guys, I blame some foolish Nigerians that still entertain the idea of APC staying beyond 2023.

You are not even updated, are you sure you re living in Nigeria? Minimum wage in Nigeria is 35,000- 38,000.
You are just being emotional, without applying simple economics. To make 100 USD a day in the U.S.A will be like die. Ok, That 100 USD, what it can buy or pay for is little.. Understand what Purchasing power means.. Ok...

If you take 50 Euro to Tesco for example in Europe, you wont even buy a full bag of food.
Take 50*800= 40,000 Naira to any market in Nigeria. You will do small together party with 40,000 Naira. Understand Purchasing power. Olodo osi.

NEXT

nedu666:

My broda thank u. The people doing menial jobs in america and uk earn more and live comfortably than people working as bank cashiers or teachers in Nigeria. People that pack refuse in ur house earn £10 per hour. Hve u ever seen refuse men in uk asking anything for the boys. Security men, clearners, dish washers, factory workers, loaders all earn better than teachers and doctors in Nigeria

Pls read what I have written above again, let it sink very well. You don't know how to read and understand.
How many homeless do we have in say Lekki vs NewYork city for example? Don't count those ppl coming together with cow as homeless oh. Just count the number of homeless people living in Lekki on the street vs California or Newyork.. Or Maitama in Abuja. You don't even know anything. it's not about how much you earn, it is about what it can buy you in your vicinity. GEt sense for once..

NEXT

dettolgel:

It's not about how many hours, you may work 10 hours a day but never make 100 USD depending on the Job. It's about what it can buy you. Ok. Understand small economics.. Energy in Nigeria is way cheaper that means prices of goods, locally made goods will be cheaper. In the U.S.A, it's not. You struggle hard, in a month, you would barely make 4000 USD.. 3,500 goes to a three bedroom flat. What is left? 500 for what?
The same three bedroom flat oh, in Nigeria goes for less 450,000/740 = 608 Use your foolish brain.. understand small english or na broken you want me to dey type ni? Awon ode osi, super brainwash to hating anything made in Nigeria..

NEXT

Nwaide01:
Nawa ooo for this op so it did not occur to him that there are millions of families in Nigeria that don't make #750 a day talk less of 1 hour ?

A lot of people can afford 750 naira.. a lot of ppl can.. 750 Naira. A lot I repeat if not even all of Naija.. 200mil Ppl can afford 750 Naira.. So shutup right there. Stop spreading your foolish propaganda from the west.. If millions cannot afford 750 per dead, virtually millions would have died within days. So shut your dirty mouth there. Awon ode, copy and pasting western propaganda, awon angloo zoo wannabe fanboiz.

Spilling stupid copy and paste western propaganda. How many millions died of Hunger in Nigeria Yesterday?

NEXT

RZArecta:
Every three market days, agbado îmbeciles come to tell us the worst economic situation in Nigerias history since 1914 is the best thing to happen to us since the invention of bread and ewa agoyin. Continue being fóolish like the op, shebi the other day Tinubuadvocate was calculating how much would be enough to relocate his family to Canada ? They know what they're doing, they know their market is bad but they just want to force it down your throats so they can cash out their little coins and leave you here to suffer the consequences of their wickedness. Vote wisely

You are the most stupid idiot of the planent. Do you know why?
Because someone like you can never point to five things that is made in Nigeria in your home.

Nigeria is service based Economy if you don't know.. Learn one or two things about Ur country and at least be proud.
We can say in a kind of transition from a consuming to a producing one.

I would just say you need to be exposed, and stop acting like a villager. You don't produce plane, you want to own a private JET that you don't produce. Have you worked for that private Jet? look for local talents to build one, invest in any local talent before? How many thing is Nigerian in your home? SOme re even importing Italian furnitures and they even boast about nonesense..

READ EVERYTHING AGAIN AND AGAIN.. THOSE ARE THE FACTS. NOT LIES< NOT OBI LIES.. REALITY.. FACTS.. GO to anywhere, or sorry you wont find it on your brainwashing medias, CNN,BBC,google,FACEBOOK,Twitter and so on.. Just know the facts.

Buhari will go down in History as the best President ever. Do you know why? Blast Furnance is turned on, they are already also working on the Nuclear power plants to provide cheap energy like in the Russia. What you west never allowed Nigeria to have.. You have head, you are too brainwashed, you dont know what is happening.. Why do you think they poisoned Buhari?

I am sure u are an importer. Having small brain to sharply import nonsense and sell.. Alaba importer abi. You are those spoiling Nigeria.

NEXT

Tallesty1:
Shut it already.

You, the op and Tinubu deserve group beating.

The old guy that walks like he's breaking a dance was crying all over the place when dollar was just 200, now that the walking dead he brought has destroyed what's left of the naira, you, him and the op are now telling us about the ppp rubbish.

Why must your conversion be dollar to naira, why don't you do naira to dollar conversion to see what's up?

Your minimum wage cannot buy a bag of rice.

Let that sink in.

ODe, if you buy bag of Rice, about 50kg. Only you wan chop am? How many kg per day is that? 50/30 can you eat 1.6kg of food per day?
Have small sense nah.. Ode

Kilonso.. Can you read? What is purchasing power parity? Go to your fake hell and come back to Read is again.

Naija has a higher one. THAT IS WHAT IT MEANS.. if i am paying 10,000 naira to remove one tooth in naija and to remove the same in the u.s you will pay 1500 USD.

Live the life u make then you may live like a king.. understand small economics abeg move joo...

ALL OF YOU spilling rubbish.. I know you all ran away from copy and paste school. Nothing u learn, but learn what PPP means.

Those re d facts.. like it or not.. facts ok.. It not a narrative. THE FACT..

WHAT IS THE FACT.. it means the truth.. Reality on ground.. Ok..

Like it or hate it. IT WONT CHANGE IT. PPP in Naija is way higher and above that of the U s a and EUROPE.

FactsOnly.. Conclusion to awon weeree that called me out on this thread, awon sold out bast@rds, you should be ashamed of yourself for calling me out on Nairaland. You are a disgr@ce to your country, your race and family. Grow your country first.

You cannot run away from your shadows.. As u run it will follow you.
How many of u are buying cars made in the east? If the germans do not buy their products, it wont make it this far anywhere..

It starts from somewhere. Ona never see anything, Naira will hit 1000. Write it down, no get sense, continue importing oh. Awon Ode of the century.
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by dapoRead: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:
The OP is a dulllardd! angry @dapoRead

What you typed only makes sense and is true if you earn dollars in Nigeria! angry

How do you earn Dollars in Nigeria? By Producing anything and replacing the imported ones with locally made ones. If you can replace the foreign one in your local market, trust me, every country will be running to buy from you. Now is the time to be alive as a producing person.

Naira is very cheap which means any locally made products will be very cheap. A weakened currency has a huge advantage and one is what i have written just now.

How do you earn Dollars in Nigeria if you are not producing anything?
PRODUCE PRODUCE AND PRODUCE. Simple as ABC. I am not replying to this thread again, too many low brains. Instead of asking me what can you produce and I give you ideas, they are talking nonsense. Spoiling thread. Awon oponu, small BrainDeyTalk

Get lost
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by dettolgel: 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2022
dapoRead:

What does that tell you about the USD?
If You are only talking about importation or having foreign tourism.. Yes that is expensive because you don't buy what you make..

Normaly life, simple living is not.. Ok..
U want to buy Iphone you dont make.. That is expensive, it is luxury, luxury goods.
Live the life u make then you may live like a king.. Understand small economics.

How many of u are buying cars made in the east or naija made cars? If the germans do not buy their products, it wont make it this far anywhere..

It starts from somewhere. Mention how many Naija made products you have in your home? Some idiots will even be boasting about importing Italian furnitures.. Are you ALL MAD ni?

How many locally made products have you invested in today? lets assume you don't have money to invest.. Even check your doings sef, how many local stuff have you done? Watched local football? Gone to any local show, Just check your lifestyle? Which ideology do you follow? A foreign ideology(Christianity or Islam) or your Local traditional identity? You see when everything about you is not local, then you will only think foreign. It starts from there.

NEXT

An importer who imports will be forced to look for local talents, local raw materials, locally made ones, rebrand it as his and sell even way cheaper than the imported ones. This will grow the local Economy more. A weakened Naira means any locally made product will be easily bought. There is no other time to be alive if you are producing anything in Nigeria at this point in time.

NEXT

You are not even updated, are you sure you re living in Nigeria? Minimum wage in Nigeria is 35,000- 38,000.
You are just being emotional, without applying simple economics. To make 100 USD a day in the U.S.A will be like die. Ok, That 100 USD, what it can buy or pay for is little.. Understand what Purchasing power means.. Ok...

If you take 50 Euro to Tesco for example in Europe, you wont even buy a full bag of food.
Take 50*800= 40,000 Naira to any market in Nigeria. You will do small together party with 40,000 Naira. Understand Purchasing power. Olodo osi.

NEXT

Pls read what I have written above again, let it sink very well. You don't know how to read and understand.
How many homeless do we have in say Lekki vs NewYork city for example? Don't count those ppl coming together with cow as homeless oh. Just count the number of homeless people living in Lekki on the street vs California or Newyork.. Or Maitama in Abuja. You don't even know anything. it's not about how much you earn, it is about what it can buy you in your vicinity. GEt sense for once..

NEXT

It's not about how many hours, you may work 10 hours a day but never make 100 USD depending on the Job. It's about what it can buy you. Ok. Understand small economics.. Energy in Nigeria is way cheaper that means prices of goods, locally made goods will be cheaper. In the U.S.A, it's not. You struggle hard, in a month, you would barely make 4000 USD.. 3,500 goes to a three bedroom flat. What is left? 500 for what?
The same three bedroom flat oh, in Nigeria goes for less 450,000/740 = 608 Use your foolish brain.. understand small english or na broken you want me to dey type ni? Awon ode osi, super brainwash to hating anything made in Nigeria..

NEXT

A lot of people can afford 750 naira.. a lot of ppl can.. 750 Naira. A lot I repeat if not even all of Naija.. 200mil Ppl can afford 750 Naira.. So shutup right there. Stop spreading your foolish propaganda from the west.. If millions cannot afford 750 per dead, virtually millions would have died within days. So shut your dirty mouth there. Awon ode, copy and pasting western propaganda, awon angloo zoo wannabe fanboiz.

Spilling stupid copy and paste western propaganda. How many millions died of Hunger in Nigeria Yesterday?

NEXT

You are the most stupid idiot of the planent. Do you know why?
Because someone like you can never point to five things that is made in Nigeria in your home.

Nigeria is service based Economy if you don't know.. Learn one or two things about Ur country and at least be proud.
We can say in a kind of transition from a consuming to a producing one.

I would just say you need to be exposed, and stop acting like a villager. You don't produce plane, you want to own a private JET that you don't produce. Have you worked for that private Jet? look for local talents to build one, invest in any local talent before? How many thing is Nigerian in your home? SOme re even importing Italian furnitures and they even boast about nonesense..

READ EVERYTHING AGAIN AND AGAIN.. THOSE ARE THE FACTS. NOT LIES< NOT OBI LIES.. REALITY.. FACTS.. GO to anywhere, or sorry you wont find it on your brainwashing medias, CNN,BBC,google,FACEBOOK,Twitter and so on.. Just know the facts.

Buhari will go down in History as the best President ever. Do you know why? Blast Furnance is turned on, they are already also working on the Nuclear power plants to provide cheap energy like in the Russia. What you west never allowed Nigeria to have.. You have head, you are too brainwashed, you dont know what is happening.. Why do you think they poisoned Buhari?

I am sure u are an importer. Having small brain to sharply import nonsense and sell.. Alaba importer abi. You are those spoiling Nigeria.

NEXT

ODe, if you buy bag of Rice, about 50kg. Only you wan chop am? How many kg per day is that? 50/30 can you eat 1.6kg of food per day?
Have small sense nah.. Ode

Kilonso.. Can you read? What is purchasing power parity? Go to your fake hell and come back to Read is again.

Live the life u make then you may live like a king.. understand small economics abeg move joo...

ALL OF YOU spilling rubbish.. I know you all ran away from copy and paste school. Nothing u learn, but learn what PPP means.

Those re d facts.. like it or not.. facts ok.. It not a narrative. THE FACT..

WHAT IS THE FACT.. it means the truth.. Reality on ground.. Ok..

Like it or hate it. IT WONT CHANGE IT. PPP in Naija is way higher and above that of the U s a and EUROPE.

FactsOnly.. Conclusion to awon weeree that called me out on this thread, awon sold out bast@rds, you should be ashamed of yourself for calling me out on Nairaland. You are a disgr@ce to your country, your race and family. Grow your country first.

You cannot run away from your shadows.. As u run it will follow you.
How many of u are buying cars made in the east? If the germans do not buy their products, it wont make it this far anywhere..

It starts from somewhere. Ona never see anything, Naira will hit 1000. Write it down, no get sense, continue importing oh. Awon Ode of the century.

Please I beg you in the name of whatever you believe in do not engage in such a conversation where serious minded people like your bosses are. grin You are free to type it here on NL or engage boys on your street grin

But I will indulge you one last time, switch it what can one hour salary in the US buy for you in US and what can it buy for you in Nigeria. Then compare your answer to what one hour salary can buy for you in Nigeria and what it can buy for you on the US.

I hope this might nudge you in the right direction. grin
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2022
michlins:
How easily can you earn $1 in USA that's what you should be concerned about. Minimum wage is 30k here and a liter of petrol is 200 plus subsidy. Which means that your minimum wage will buy you only 150 liters.

Meanwhile in USA, it's $1250 and a liter of petrol is $1 without subsidy. So if you get 1250 liters with the minimum wage in USA. That's how you should calculate it.

It's election time and this type of misinformation is expected.

You don't check how much something is sold abroad and convert it to Naira and when I compare Naira to Dollar rates, you ask me if I spend dollars

You are spreading biased information.

Oil is subsidized both in Nigeria and the United states

A liter of fuel in the Us is $1.31
A liter of fuel in Nigeria is 0.2cents
Re: Not All That Glitters Is Gold: Naira Vs. Dollar, Which Is Stronger? I Take Naira by VaselineCrew: 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2022
I support OP

So why don't we make the dollar equal to N100,000

So that 10 dollars will be one million naira.

Then a cleaner from abroad can come and buy OP and his family for cheap.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soludo Replaced Peter Obi's Banner With That Of APGA (Before And After Pictures) / The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos / Economic Hardship: Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde Joins NLC Protest In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.