Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List (15269 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Mocks Labour Party Presidential Campaign Council List / APC Explains Absence Of Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo From Campaign Council List / PDP Changes Name Of Delta Gubernatorial Candidate To David Edevbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Kwanza: 12:25am On Nov 01, 2022
Former governors James Ibori and Emmanuel Uduaghan, and their deputies, Benjamin Elue and Amos Utuama, are among prominent names on the Delta State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Campaign Council list published, yesterday.

Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and PDP vice presidential candidate chairs the council with the governorship candidate and current Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Sheriff Oborevwori as deputy chairman.

Also on the list is former Commissioner of Finance and governorship aspirant, David Edevbie who recently lost his bid to be the party’s governorship candidate at the Supreme Court.

In the build up to the May 25 primary, all efforts to have a consensus candidate failed as Okowa and Ibori differed on who should fly the party’s flag.

While Okowa opted for Oborevwori, Ibori stood with Edevbie who was Commissioner of Finance between 1999 and 2007 when Ibori held sway as governor.

With Oborevwori winning the primary in landslide, Edevbie institute a suit at the Federal High, Abuja, challenging the eligibility of Oborevwori whom he accused of presenting false academic credentials.

Although he won at the High Court, the appellate courts upturned the ruling on the ground that the suit was premature, and reinstated Oborevwori.

Speculations were rife after the Supreme Court judgement that Edevbie and his followers were on their way out of the party.

Multiple sources hinted that the Ibori and Edevbie groups were in advanced talks with the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and it’s governorship candidate, Ovie Omo-Agege on how to form formidable alliance to wrest power from Okowa at the polls.

An APC source had informed that Ibori had already given the APC his conditions if they want him to work for Omo-Agege.

But the publication of their names as members of the PDP campaign council might just put paid to their proposed rumoured defection or alliance with the opposition party in the state.

It was learnt that they were consulted before the campaign council was coupled together but their attendance at the inauguration billed for Thursday might give credence to the fact the Delta PDP family remain intact.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/ibori-edevbie-others-make-pdp-campaign-council-list/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by slivertongue: 12:26am On Nov 01, 2022
Unity of purpose

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by bennybuhari: 12:32am On Nov 01, 2022
Okowa is a traitor

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by JoeNL22(m): 3:36am On Nov 01, 2022
Obi is cumin

8 Likes

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Isokiscool(m): 6:08am On Nov 01, 2022
I don't know y some urchins and block heads are still doubting d fact that PDP will win delta state by a very wide margin.....APC is a hardship party that nobody is talking about

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Africum: 6:11am On Nov 01, 2022
Good
Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Bizibi(m): 6:27am On Nov 01, 2022
Em don finally settle,better!!!....I heard omoagege is even worse than any of them so working with him is impossible.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Afamed: 6:32am On Nov 01, 2022
Bizibi:
Em don finally settle,better!!!....I heard omoagege is even worse than any of them so working with him is impossible.

You must have heard this at the beer Parlour close to your house at Ovie Palace junction

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Bizibi(m): 6:37am On Nov 01, 2022
Afamed:

You must have heard this at the beer Parlour close to your house at Ovie Palace junction
heard it from their camp and the man who lost to sheriff I know him. Yes omoagege is no pushover but for em not to even consider camping with him says alot,one of them said they were confused when edevbie Lost the supreme Court judgement and camping with omoagege is like frying pan to fire.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 6:40am On Nov 01, 2022
PDP

People Deceiving People

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Afamed: 6:42am On Nov 01, 2022
Bizibi:
heard it from their camp and the man who lost to sheriff I know him. Yes omoagege is no pushover but for em not to even consider camping with him says alot,one of them said they were confused when edevbie Lost the supreme Court judgement and camping with omoagege is like frying pan to fire.
Them don wayyyooo you be that.
What you should sincerely ask yourself, what and what has really changed in Delta state/ Warri over 10 years now? What and what are new in Warri over 10years now?
Go to Ebony'i state, they don't have 20% of what Delta state has. Ebony'i does not have 13% oil derivation from FG. Yet Ebony'i has more infrastructure than Delta state.
Don't let us talk of Rivers, Lagos, Akwa Ibom. Those ones are 199 times ahead of Delta state.
Come to Kaduna and Kano, they don't have 13% oil money from Govt. But they are 120 times ahead of Delta state.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Honjoshy4u: 6:47am On Nov 01, 2022
bennybuhari:
Okowa is a traitor

It is you and whosoever you support that is a traitor.
Lazy Nigerian youth that can't reason independently

3 Likes

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Honjoshy4u: 6:49am On Nov 01, 2022
Afamed:

Was it not the same omoagege that stole National assembly mace in broad day light?
If Nigeria is a sane country, he would have been in jail.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Bizibi(m): 6:53am On Nov 01, 2022
Afamed:

Them don wayyyooo you be that.
What you should sincerely ask yourself, what and what has really changed in Delta state/ Warri over 10 years now? What and what are new in Warri over 10years now?
Go to Ebony'i state, they don't have 20% of what Delta state has. Ebony'i does not have 13% oil derivation from FG. Yet Ebony'i has more infrastructure than Delta state.
Don't let us talk of Rivers, Lagos, Akwa Ibom. Those ones are 199 times ahead of Delta state.
Come to Kaduna and Kano, they don't have 13% oil money from Govt. But they are 120 times ahead of Delta state.
wetin dey worry you I tell you wetin one of them talk. Deltans have to choose between two devils in the next election so all this your talk nor mean anything to me. Now it is politics it is up to apc to play it well if not pdp will win.

I am not happy with okowa government but it is politics time,let me be frank with you, omoagege and sheriff na the same,the only thing is which one is slightly better. I don hear omoagege matter and e nor sweet for ear.

16 Likes

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Afamed: 6:57am On Nov 01, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

Was it not the same omoagege that stole National assembly mace in broad day light?
If Nigeria is a sane country, he would have been in jail.
Show the video where Omo Agege stole the mace

10 Likes

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by YourRealFather: 6:59am On Nov 01, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

It is you and whosoever you support that is a traitor.
Lazy Nigerian youth that can't reason independently
Bro you get time to reply mad people
All of them go cry february no far again

2 Likes

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Afamed: 7:00am On Nov 01, 2022
Bizibi:
wetin dey worry you I tell you wetin one of them talk. Deltans have to choose between two devils in the next election so all this your talk nor mean anything to me. Now it is politics it is up to apc to play it well if not pdp will win.

I am not happy with okowa government but it is politics time,let me be frank with you, omoagege and sheriff na the same,the only thing is which one is slightly better. I don hear omoagege matter and e nor sweet for ear.
You said it was politics time, those who do not want Omo Agege will always tell you unverified stories about him. Don't fall for their wayyyo

14 Likes

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Bizibi(m): 7:19am On Nov 01, 2022
Afamed:

You said it was politics time, those who do not want Omo Agege will always tell you unverified stories about him. Don't fall for their wayyyo
those who give me information are politicians even my late father's friend is the dg of Delta apc so I always work with information. The thing is Delta State has to choose between two devils....I am already tired of Delta State,the leader with Vision hasn't come yet. Omoagege is just the same cloth with others.

6 Likes

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Honjoshy4u: 10:30am On Nov 01, 2022
Afamed:

Show the video where Omo Agege stole the mace

Premium Times Nigeria

BUA Group Ad
How thugs stole Senate mace
How thugs stole Senate maze

DEVELOPING STORY: Thugs invade Senate, steal mace
ByNasir AyitogoandKemi Busari April 18, 2018 Reading Time: 3 mins read

The Senate plenary was on Wednesday disrupted after suspected thugs invaded the chamber and made away with the mace.

The incident happened few seconds after a suspended senator, Ovie Omo-Agege, entered the chamber.

PREMIUM TIMES reporter observed that about 10 suspected thugs who came to the venue with the senator forced their entrance into the chamber.

Seconds later, the thugs ran out of the chamber with the mace causing pandemonium in the Senate.

They left the National Assembly with the mace in a black SUV.

The mace is the symbol of authority of the parliament.

One of the security personnel at the entrance of the National Assembly said the thugs told him and other officers they were with the senator.

“We tried to stop them but they told us they were with him (Omo-Agege),”

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Needodo(f): 10:59am On Nov 01, 2022
Ooh great
Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Chinedinka: 11:01am On Nov 01, 2022
Nigeria world record
Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by oluwaseyi0: 11:02am On Nov 01, 2022
same Ibori that was jailed for crime

2 Likes

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by nedekid: 11:02am On Nov 01, 2022
Isokiscool:
I don't know y some urchins and block heads are still doubting d fact that PDP will win delta state by a very wide margin.....APC is a hardship party that nobody is talking about
PDP will always win delta no doubt.
That ibori man still runs things till now. Don't know the coded hold he has on that state.

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by iwaeda: 11:03am On Nov 01, 2022
Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by money121(m): 11:03am On Nov 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by mytime24(f): 11:03am On Nov 01, 2022
Imagine ibori wey suppose to dey kirikiri by now grin angry
Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by ExtremeDot: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2022
Hahaha.

The old thieves are planning and drafting subtle ways to come steal more from the nation's treasures. Greed indeed.

Them deh play us like Ludo game. The more you look, the less you see.

But my country people, our eyes suppose dun open naaaaaaa.

They are not even hiding it no more, they are even shoving it up on our faces.
Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by DennisEche(m): 11:04am On Nov 01, 2022
smiley
Chief James Onanefe Ibori . Big Name

2 Likes

Re: Ibori, Edevbie, Others Make PDP Campaign Council List by Johnrake69: 11:05am On Nov 01, 2022
Vote wisely

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uzoka-Anite Explains Why Government Prefers Imported Vehicles / I Will Run For Ekiti Governorship In 2018 – Segun Oni / FG Grows National Grid Power Capacity To 14,000MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.