Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,754 members, 7,851,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death (1078 Views)

The Bitter Experience That Taught Me A Lesson To Save Money (True Story) / Banker's Wife Pregnant For Lesson Teacher Hired By Husband For The Children / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Eriokanmi: 8:06am On Nov 01, 2022
If you can't manage a swimming pool due to your tight schedule, please , don't dig one.

If you have kids around you who aren't knowledgeable enough to swim on his/her own, forget having a pool in your house

Don't be too busy to attend to your kids, whether you have a swimming pool at home or not

Children are priceless gifts from God, guide them jealously.

If kids must swim, take them out and engage a swimming instructor to handle them with close supervision due to their naive nature. They often think a pool isn't deep because of the way it looks from the surface.

I almost got drowned in a pool in Benin Republic years back in a hotel during a friend's birthday party on an invitation from Lagos. If it were to be a kid, he wouldn't have survived it.

The other day, it was Dbanj's sin and now Davido’s...bright and handsome kids...

Please my people, we shouldn't allow fame and money to control us. They don't have mouth. We should take charge of our home and life with utmost care.

RIP handsome Ifeanyi Adeleke. undecided

May God give the lovebirds the strength to bear the loss

2 Likes

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by cherishmichael: 8:07am On Nov 01, 2022
Hmm
Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Sammy07: 8:26am On Nov 01, 2022
Eriokanmi:
If you can't manage a swimming pool due to your tight schedule, please , don't dig one.

If you have kids around you who aren't knowledgeable enough to swim on his/her own, forget having a pool in your house

Don't be too busy to attend to your kids, whether you have a swimming pool at home or not

If kids must swim, take them out and engage a swimming instructor to handle them with close supervision due to their naive nature. They often think a pool isn't deep because of the way it looks from the surface.

I almost got drowned in a pool in Benin Republic years back in a hotel during a friend's birthday party on an invitation from Lagos. If it were to be a kid, he wouldn't have survived it.

The other day, it was Dbanj's sin and now Davido’s...bright and handsome kids...

Please my people, we shouldn't allow fame and money to control us. They don't have mouth. We should take charge of our home and life with utmost care.

Eti bere.
Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Eriokanmi: 8:35am On Nov 01, 2022
Sammy07:

Eti bere.
But it's the truth. No parent wouid hear of this and feel happy. It's a terrible loss. My friend who went through insemination and IVF to have a child ( the only child) after several failed attempts won't also be happy about this sad news. It was my personal advice to parents and would-be parents.

I told my wife bluntly that I'd not build a pool in my house again, after I had earmarked a wide space for it, a few years back. A nairalander who's my architect would bear a witness to this if he reads this post. I was discouraged after I read a similar news where a child got drowned in a pool. I told my architect to inform his team to turn that portion to a car port

2 Likes

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Dogalmighty17: 8:37am On Nov 01, 2022
The question is, where were the father and mother that a 3 year old child is drowning in a pool in his own home?
Na only to package breast go use am assault oni of ife that's all chioma knows.
Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Sammy07: 8:41am On Nov 01, 2022
Eriokanmi:
But it's the truth. No parent wouid hear of this and feel happy. It's a terrible loss. My friend who went through insemination and IVF to have a child ( the only child) after several failed attempts won't also be happy about this sad news. It was my personal advice to parents and would-be parents.

I told my wife bluntly that I'd not build a pool in my house again, after I had earmarked a wide space for it, a few years back. A nairalander who's my architect would bear a witness to this if he reads this post. I was discouraged after I read a similar news where a child got drowned in a pool. I told my architect to inform his team to turn that portion to a car port

Hmmm.
I still feel Its the negligence of the parent or the baby caregivers or the maids not excluding the securities
Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Eriokanmi: 8:46am On Nov 01, 2022
Sammy07:

Hmmm.
I still feel Its the negligence of the parent or the baby caregivers or the maids not excluding the securities
All join my broda. Iroyin buruku ni. I'm not happy at all

1 Like

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by WibusJaga: 8:50am On Nov 01, 2022

This is the height of recklessness & negligence. There might even be foul play if thorough investigation is carried out.

&to think I warned about the grave danger of swimming pool in a previous thread... So sad.
WibusJaga:
This na temptation for Village people o.

https://www.nairaland.com/7405329/davido-teaches-son-ifeanyi-how#117945773
Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Foodqueen(f): 8:55am On Nov 01, 2022
Arson
Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Sammy07: 8:55am On Nov 01, 2022
Eriokanmi:
All join my broda. Iroyin buruku ni. I'm not happy at all

Iroyin buruku ko ni je tiwa.

I'm not happy also

1 Like

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Richy4(m): 9:23am On Nov 01, 2022
It's a serious law in some country like Australia to put child resistance barrier in all pools whether a child is living in that property or not.... No one jokes with that law...And that has saved a lot of kids from drowning...
Noone can be sure when those little bundle of joy can crawl out or walk out just to make a splash... But that can prevent them from entering...

1 Like

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by ogawisdom(m): 9:26am On Nov 01, 2022
Swimming pool should be built in such a way that it will be locked. No one should access it without using the keys.

This happened to D' banj and now Davido

Let's learn our lessons

May God give Davido the fortitude to bear this pain

1 Like

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 01, 2022
There's nothing wrong with having a swimming pool in the house.

I blame Davido and his fiancee for their negligence because I'm not yet a parent, but already I know that parents who have a swimming pool in the house and there's young kids usually babyproof the house to prevent the kids from ever being exposed to danger, even in their absence.

They're rich and I'm sure they could've afforded to babyproof the house.
Eriokanmi:

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Eriokanmi: 9:45am On Nov 01, 2022
Sammy07:

Iroyin buruku ko ni je tiwa.

I'm not happy also
AMIN!
Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Mindlog: 9:46am On Nov 01, 2022
Richy4:
It's a serious law in some country like Australia to put child resistance barrier in all pools whether a child is living in that property or not.... No one jokes with that law...And that has saved a lot of kids from drowning...
Noone can be sure when those little bundle of joy can crawl out or walk out just to make a splash... But that can prevent them from entering...

Risk assessments in the home is very important especially when children are around, I brought up that when I saw the video of Davido in the pool with the son and saw no noticeable barrier around it as children are naturally drawn to water because of its sensory stimulations. Many tend to ignore childproofing their home.

I discouraged a couple from having a swimming pool in their home because they have 3 under 9 children and one happens to be autistic. Autistic children are more drawn to water and likely to drown, so it made sense not to even have one at all, no matter the "supervision" one thinks would be put in place.

2 Likes

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 01, 2022
If it was in the US, they could've arrested the parents for negligence.
Dogalmighty17:
The question is, where were the father and mother that a 3 year old child is drowning in a pool in his own home?

2 Likes

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by jesmond3945: 10:13am On Nov 01, 2022
Eriokanmi:

i think is the issue of negligence. Like you said no matter what always keep an eye on that kid. Kids are curious beings, I have them so I know. So you must turn that curiosity around for the better and not allow them get destroyed.

2 Likes

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Richy4(m): 10:29am On Nov 01, 2022
Mindlog:

Risk assessments in the home is very important especially when children are around, I brought up that when I saw the video of Davido in the pool with the son and saw no noticeable barrier around it as children are naturally drawn to water because of its sensory stimulations. Many tend to ignore childproofing.

I discouraged a couple from having a swimming pool in their home because they have 3 under 9 children and one happens to be autistic. Autistic children are more drawn to water and likely to drown, so it made sense not to even have one at all, no matter the "supervision" one thinks would be put in place

What happened to the musician's family actually brought a memory I will never forget for the rest of my life.....

I went to South Africa in 2016 to visit my elder brother and his family...I remembered that it was a winter period... They got a pool at home...

That Saturday morning around 10am, I heard a splash around the pool, I came out to know who has the abnormal body condition to jump inside a pool in a freezing weather condition...

I saw the youngest (6yrs then) and asked him who was inside the pool...He did not answer and was just looking at me,.. then l approached the pool...

My dear sister, it wasn't a good sight to see... My nephew (8yrs then) was struggling inside the deepest part of the pool, consuming all the chlorine inside the pool..I didn't wait to remove clothe or shoes, I jumped in...

It turned out that both of them were playing around the pool he pushed him inside the pool...Since that day, If I hear stories like this, the memory of my nephew fighting inside that pool came back....I have tried to wipe out that look I saw from my head but it couldn't just go..

Though he is a big boy now representing his school on lawn tennis, he's still afraid of swimming according to his father...

3 Likes

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Mindlog: 10:50am On Nov 01, 2022
Richy4:

What happened to the musician's family actually brought a memory I will never forget for the rest of my life.....

I went to South Africa in 2016 to visit my elder brother and his family...I remembered that it was a winter period... They got a pool at home...

That Saturday morning around 10am, I heard a splash around the pool, I came out to know who has the abnormal body condition to jump inside a pool in a freezing weather condition...

I saw the youngest (6yrs then) and asked him who was inside the pool...He did not answer and was just looking at me,.. then l approached the pool...

My dear sister, it wasn't a good sight to see... My nephew (8yrs then) was struggling inside the deepest part of the pool, consuming all the chlorine inside the pool..I didn't wait to remove clothe or shoes, I jumped in...

It turned out that both of them were playing around the pool he pushed him inside the pool...Since that day, If I hear stories like this, the memory of my nephew fighting inside that pool came back....I have tried to wipe out that look I saw from my head but it couldn't just go..

Though he is a big boy now representing his school on lawn tennis, he's still afraid of swimming according to his father...

We just have to make effort to be extremely observant. When I worked in a children residential setting that had kids between 9 and 15 (about 4 of them), upon resuming shift, part of the handing over procedure was to count and record the number of knives and other Sharp objects, have it locked up in a safe and if one needs it in the kitchen, you collect key of the office and take it out of the safe and
have it recorded and signed, they must be placed back immediately after use and signed again.

The windows of their rooms are checked frequently, to make sure the window stopper have not been breached.

Bleach must NEVER be in the house, else.... shocked

UK government no dey play with child safety, reason one MUST undergo several trainings in so many child related safety courses before one can be employed to work with children, so when gbege happen, you can't claim ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Richy4(m): 11:23am On Nov 01, 2022
Mindlog:

We just have to make effort to be extremely observant. When I worked in a children residential setting that had kids between 9 and 15 (about 4 of them), upon resuming shift, part of the handing over procedure was to count and record the number of knives and other Sharp objects, have it locked up in a safe and if one needs it in the kitchen, you collect key of the office and take it out of the safe and
have it recorded and signed, they must be placed back immediately after use and signed again.

The windows of their rooms are checked frequently, to make sure the window stopper have not been breached.

Bleach must NEVER be in the house, else.... shocked

UK government no dey play with child safety, reason one MUST undergo several trainings in so many child related safety courses before one can be employed to work with children, so when gbege happen, you can't claim ignorance

That was a very good and cool measure...

I can't really blame the parent or domestic staffs on this because it can happen within seconds...

The domestic staff can keep the child in the sitting room to make food in the kitchen, within that little space of 3 mins, something might happen if the kid is the hyper type...

The only fault is not having a barrier to protect the kid from the pool... And I believe in Nigeria, U can basically count households that got barrier around their pool area...

maybe Nigerian government should make that law that mandates swimming pool owner to make a child barrier or fence... it doesn't matter if a kid is in that property or not... This could reduce unbearable losses like this one...

2 Likes

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Mindlog: 11:31am On Nov 01, 2022
Richy4:

That was a very good and cool measure...

I can't really blame the parent or domestic staffs on this because it can happen within seconds...

The domestic staff can keep the child in the sitting room to make food in the kitchen, within that little space of 3 mins, something might happen if the kid is the hyper type...

The only fault is not having a barrier to protect the kid from the pool... And I believe in Nigeria, U can basically count households that got barrier around their pool area...

maybe Nigerian government should make that law that mandates swimming pool owner to make a child barrier or fence... it doesn't matter if a kid is in that property or not... This could reduce unbearable losses like this one...

Yes, alongside enlightenment around childproofing our homes as many take the safety of their children in their homes for granted.

They say with toddlers, one second is too long a time to take eyes off them because of their exploratory nature.

1 Like

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Richy4(m): 11:42am On Nov 01, 2022
Mindlog:

Yes, alongside enlightenment around childproofing our homes as many take the safety of their children in their homes for granted.

They say with toddlers, one second is too long a time to take eyes off them because of their exploratory nature.
I honestly feel sorry for the Guy... Considering the fact that it happened in Nigeria, the haters will say he used his kids for rituals...

Any contract and endorsement he gets now will be ritualistic in nature... My country men and women hates research a lot... They will never check the most common unintentional cause of death among kids and where drowning is placed according to WHO around the world

1 Like

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by stacyadams: 12:46pm On Nov 01, 2022
Dogalmighty17:
grin grin.make I no talk wetin mosdii talk.
Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Jozilinn: 1:01pm On Nov 01, 2022
This isn't the first time ifeayin would be left alone now , remember they went to isreal wedding without him,na foul play jare... with 8 workers haba now excluding the security men.
Someone must have mentioned the pool to him to make him go there I no just trust anybody for now.

1 Like

Re: Lesson to Learn On Davido's Son, Ifeanyi's Death by Efuaye(m): 1:37pm On Nov 01, 2022
Raising and watching over children is tough.
A second is too long for them to misbehave and endanger their lives!

May God help us.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Are Igbo Customs On Divorce? / Was His Wife Pregnant For Someone Else? / "will U Marry A Man That Earns 40k Per Month?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.