Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

I Sold My Properties To Sustain Scholarships For Students – Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Sold My Properties To Sustain Scholarships For Students – Kwankwaso (344 Views)

Kwankwaso And I Sold Gov’t Houses, Ganduje Replies Abba Gida-gida / Obasanjo Urges Yahaya Bello To Sustain Fight Against Criminality (Picture) / Photos Of Students Kwankwaso Gave Scholarship Arriving University In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Sold My Properties To Sustain Scholarships For Students – Kwankwaso by obafemiawoga: 9:30am On Nov 01, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEZRSiNFXSs

The presidential candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP), Rabi’u Kwankwaso, has pledged to continue to strive hard toward making Nigeria great. He also said he had to sell some of his properties to sustain the scholarships he gives to university students.

Mr Kwankwaso said these at the 3rd Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso Colloquium organised by the Kwankwasiyya Development Foundation to mark his 66th birthday on Monday in Abuja.

The former governor of Kano State described education as the best investment politicians can make in the people,saying he had always invested in education and human development because of their impact on people’s lives.

Mr Kwankwaso, who said that he had always given himself targets on what to do for humanity, said more than 3,000 students benefited from his scholarship programmes from 2011 to 2015 when he served as the state governor.

He said he created the foundation as a pay back to the people for their massive support for him during elections in Kano State.

“When we advertised in 2019, believing that there are few people with first class because in our first scholarship we said anybody with first class, we exhausted all in Kano. Second class upper, we exhausted them.

“We were on second class lower when I left government in 2015 and that’s why we have over 3,000 of them in 14 countries across the world on scholarship,” he said.

Mr Kwankwaso said that Nigerians across the states of the federation benefited from the scholarship because it was opened to all persons resident in Kano, irrespective of their states of origin.

“For the foreign scholarship when we advertised we have over 400 who applied for the first class in Kano.

“Before you know it, we screened and screened and we came up with 370. I am so happy they have all graduated. They are all back to Nigeria, some in the various countries,” he said.

Mr Kwankwaso said he was also happy that some of the beneficiaries were students of private universities in Nigeria including 148 students of Mewar International University in Karu Local Government in Nasarawa State.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Sold My Properties To Sustain Scholarships For Students – Kwankwaso by successmatters(m): 9:31am On Nov 01, 2022
You did well sir, giving scholarship to people of your state or region is good.

But the man we want as president must have a national appeal, we want someone who can show us that in his regional in the whole country, he has done something that can benefit people.

We don't want a regional president like buharri.

That's why we have all agreed to vote for Peter Obi.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Sold My Properties To Sustain Scholarships For Students – Kwankwaso by aishatui6630: 9:32am On Nov 01, 2022
That's very good of you. However, in a polarized nation like ours, North-West cannot hand over to another North-West.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sold My Properties To Sustain Scholarships For Students – Kwankwaso by simonnwekeo: 9:33am On Nov 01, 2022
U sold ur properties to sustain scholarship, meaning that u don't know how to create wealth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold My Properties To Sustain Scholarships For Students – Kwankwaso by saaondoenock: 9:34am On Nov 01, 2022
Greedy man go and sit down. North is ruling presently, you and atiku from the north still vying for president. Drop ur ambition and support Peter obi for president.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold My Properties To Sustain Scholarships For Students – Kwankwaso by successmatters(m): 9:36am On Nov 01, 2022
simonnwekeo:
U sold ur properties to sustain scholarship, meaning that u don't know how to create wealth

And that he's hoping to buy back those properties with our money if elected president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Sold My Properties To Sustain Scholarships For Students – Kwankwaso by Acidosis(m): 9:36am On Nov 01, 2022
You sold your properties in Nigeria to fund students' foreign education, only to employ them in Kano state upon their graduation.

You're a wasteful visionless waster.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sold My Properties To Sustain Scholarships For Students – Kwankwaso by rodneyaza2020: 9:39am On Nov 01, 2022
Okay, for that reason alone, we will add Tinubu's vote to you so that you will come behind Atiku who is already taking 2nd position..... Tinubu Will be compensated with ministerial appointment after his hospital appointment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Sold My Properties To Sustain Scholarships For Students – Kwankwaso by johnsonadewole: 9:39am On Nov 01, 2022
We can only confirm, if we know how many properties you had or have, liars everywhere
Re: I Sold My Properties To Sustain Scholarships For Students – Kwankwaso by ouzo1(m): 9:44am On Nov 01, 2022
My brother u lie.

Re: I Sold My Properties To Sustain Scholarships For Students – Kwankwaso by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:07am On Nov 01, 2022
Lmfao
Re: I Sold My Properties To Sustain Scholarships For Students – Kwankwaso by Dreambeat: 10:09am On Nov 01, 2022
This man is another scam religious fanatic worse than Buhari. His nepotism will be on another level. People like him and Buhari including Atiku should never be close to power in a multiethnic and mutireligious country like Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

PDP NYCC Appoints Abu Andrew Director Of Operations & ICT Others / Nigerian Student Who Abandoned School Is Jailed For Smuggling Drugs In Cyprus / President Muhammad Buhari Meeting With Presidential Candidate And Chairman APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.