Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US (47165 Views)

Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge / FIFA Accused Of refusing Super Eagles’ Fans From Entering The Stadium With Drums / Mike Tyson Barred From Entering Chile, Put Back On Plane, See Why(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by Fira09(m): 10:48am On Nov 01, 2022
Boxing heavyweight world champion, Tyson Fury has been banned from entering the United States, his brother Tommy has confirmed.

It was first reported in June that Tyson, 34, was refused access to the US over his alleged links to crime boss Daniel Kinahan but he did not respond to calls for comment.

Now former Love Island star Tommy has finally confirmed both he and his brother are still being refused entry to the US.

Speaking on an MMA podcast today, Tommy said: 'Me and Tyson just can't get into America at the minute and that's the way it is.'

The ban is understood to centre around the Fury family's links to Irish boxing promoter Kinahan, who has been sanctioned by the US.

The US Treasury have imposed sanctions on Kinahan and the US Department of State have also announced the offering of rewards of up to $5million for information leading to the arrest and/or conviction of three members of the Kinahan family.

The ban means WBC champion Tyson, who last fought in the States in October 2021 for his trilogy meeting with Deontay Wilder, is having to restrict his fights to being held in the UK or the Middle East.

Directly asked about 'the Kinahan situation' on the MMA Fighting on SBN podcast, Tommy said: 'I don't know (what's happening), that's what I pay my lawyers for and my legal team every day, they're sorting it and I said please get this resolved as soon as possible and that's where I've left it at the moment.

'I'm hoping it gets resolved asap because I want to come to America not just for boxing and of course for the big one to get this fight over the line but if it doesn't get resolved for a long time I can't speak on that on how long this is going to take… But let's say it's a long time, let's get it on over here. I'll fight that man wherever, I'm not bothered. I am ready to go.'

Addressing claims that Irish boxing promoter Kinahan runs a global organised crime group, Tyson previously said: 'That's none of my business and I don't interfere with anybody else's business.'

Tyson, who was photographed in Dubai in February this year with the US sanctioned Kinahan, said: 'Because I had my picture taken with a man it doesn't make me a criminal.

'I'm just a boxer. There could be a criminal in this building.'

Kinahan has been named as a senior figure in organised crime in Dublin's High Court, and in April this year, the US Treasury imposed sanctions on him, his father Christy Kinahan and brother Christy Kinahan Jr as well as several associates of the Kinahan family.

Kinahan has advised Tyson Fury in the past, but Fury has not been accused of criminal activity. Tommy says his own 'name has been caught up in a mess'.

'I cannot get into America, even right now, I cannot go to America,' he added.

'Forget the boxing talk, America's my favorite place to go: the food, the weather, everything, the people, I love America. I love everything to do with America and it's stopped me from going there. In my personal life, me and the missus (girlfriend Molly Mae Hague) love going to New York around Christmas – can't do that.

'We can't do a number of things now. So boxing's not all that's affected. But that's the same right now, I cannot enter America and that's why the fight didn't happen.

'I don't believe there's anyone in this country that wouldn't come to that fight. I believe it would break all records. Definitely we could draw 70,000.'

SOURCE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by HarlequinLekex: 10:49am On Nov 01, 2022
Not everybody wey get fame know how to make good use of it.Only 20% of those who get fame knows how to manage it successfully according to Harlystats 2022.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by immortalcrown(m): 10:53am On Nov 01, 2022
Fame and its effects.

Osuofia say na, "Big man big trouble".

The world does not jodge you by your actions but by your friends. That is why there is a phrase that says, "Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are". But this philosophy is wrong, especially for celebrities who are rushed by cats qnd dogs. I don't mean to vindicate this boxer. He might be guilty of the accusation. He might be innocent of the accusation.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by dawnomike(m): 10:53am On Nov 01, 2022
He should just stay put in his native Britain... And fight he has to partake in should be moved to the UK

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by Joebayo217: 10:56am On Nov 01, 2022
The world heavy weight champions cool
Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by afribookorg(m): 6:52pm On Nov 01, 2022
US,can you sanction all 9ja politicians? I want to check something

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by ExtremeDot: 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2022
Oh. America doing the most.

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by inoki247: 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2022
eh eh

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by BESTScientist1: 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2022
Why won't he? So unprofessional and silly.
Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2022
afribookorg:
US,can you sanction all 9ja politicians? I want to check something
Some of them will die but you know how illegal money move, the countries need those touring leaders from Africa.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by tillaman(m): 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2022
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by Scammerr(m): 6:59pm On Nov 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 6:59pm On Nov 01, 2022
Hmm nawa o

hope they settled the issue oh

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 01, 2022
Atiku !!! We don't Pass that level now grin grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by Gentlechika(m): 7:00pm On Nov 01, 2022
His problem
Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by ecolime(m): 7:00pm On Nov 01, 2022
It was first reported in June that Tyson, 34, was refused access to the US over his alleged links to crime boss Daniel Kinahan

That's America for you. Once you are connected to criminals, they ban you. That's why Lagos druglord aka Bobo Chicago can no longer visit the US again.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by dam2000(m): 7:01pm On Nov 01, 2022
Ijebu jass
Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by mbahdi(m): 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by Scarletjr(m): 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2022
It is well
Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by Akfrenzy(m): 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
grin
Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by Alexpre12: 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
Osuofia say na, "Big man big trouble".

The world does not jodge you by your actions but by your friends. That is why there is a phrase that says, "Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are". But this philosophy is wrong, especially for celebrities who are rushed by cats qnd dogs. I don't mean to vindicate this boxer. He might be guilty of the accusation. He might be innocent of the accusation

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by akanbiaa(m): 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by tiswell(m): 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
grin
Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by abobote: 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2022
They are angry with him coz the way he dealt with wilder. That fury too strong abeg

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by Angrygoat: 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2022
No whr like usa,the banning go make am cry for toilet. Hahhahhahaha

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by AFRICANJAMAICA: 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by Uyi168: 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2022
Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by YoungLionken(m): 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2022
Smart move...
Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by Komolafe89: 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2022
Lobatan
Re: Tyson Fury Banned From Entering The US by SVC6000: 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2022
RIP IFEANYI ADELEKE

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Korean Team Members' Names: If You Were The Commentator, What Would You Do? / Mikel Obi And Middlesbrough Teammates Visit Primary School In England (Photos) / English Hard O’ — Nigerians Blast UEFA After Misunderstanding Oshoala Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.