Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,536 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) (91333 Views)

It’s Been Approved By CBN’ — Banks Begin Dispensing Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes / Fisayo Fosudo Redesigns The ₦500 Note Through Photoshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by frankmoney(m): 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2022
I think so , that money looks too new for something created 15 years ago

3 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by tonididdy(m): 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2022
No capping

Next year elections will be a blockbuster.
No money to take buy votes, na Cup of rice and oil dem go result to.

This is buharis most commendable action ever.

Those hoarders are now being forced to bring out their old stachs

3 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by SocialJustice: 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2022
dettolgel:

If you are talking of billions I may agree with you a bit. But 100million come on. 2 million go to 50 different BDC or 5 million with 20 BDC. You can get it all done within 3 weeks.
Billions, cash hoarders don't hoard 100 million. Imagine a 3 bedroom apartment filled with money.

3 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2022
EH HE IT IS STILL VALID because IS SAME MODEL OF CURRENCY MADE BY SOLUDO AS CBN GOVNOR angry
Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by obotematics: 4:12pm On Nov 01, 2022
Mr President is a maestro,
He did that in 1983 and the politicans almost went mad.
Now 2023, if you come to equity come with clean hands�������������

5 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by iLegendd(m): 4:12pm On Nov 01, 2022
Pootle:
only a fool will support what this current fools are doing
Only a chronic criminal will not support it.

11 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by FromZeroToHero(m): 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2022
This is the reason why CBN decided to redesign the notes. You can deposit huge amount now but you can't withdraw huge amount by February, March and April.

Politicians will start buying vote by bank transfer which will be very implicating.

9 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by GistFullGround: 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2022
I saw a video of 2 Northerners yesterday with 2 trailer load of Naira notes, which they are taking to the Bank for conversion.

Imagine having 2 full trailers of money. Some are even spoilt!

6 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by IbrahimSkiba(f): 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2022
Penguin2:
Lol

This is what we have been trying to tell some foolish and shortsighted idiots here that these corrupt politicians and kidnappers that have been hoarding naira will be forced to start throwing it around as they can’t deposit it in the bank and some fools are here arguing.

Tinubu, Atiku and co, who packed money to buy votes will be choked; together with their BATstards.

See as 2007 naira note fine.

You are wise
Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by Backpedal: 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2022
dettolgel:

If you are talking of billions I may agree with you a bit. But 100million come on. 2 million go to 50 different BDC or 5 million with 20 BDC. You can get it all done within 3 weeks.

Only thing is ...

There are 100s of other people who are hoping to make this move as well ...
It won't end well

8 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by Eriokanmi: 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2022
.....a good reason I'm purely in support of the note re-prints. I wish the federal government could ransack all politicians homes too, starting from bourdillon. They'd rake up trillions of dollars in weeks. Buhari's age and ill health really dealt with his administration. I could recollect his rule in the 80s. Again, in democracy, there's a limit to what you can do and get away with. Military no send anybody.

Our politicians are our worst enemies. I learnt there's a limit to what banks can accept now in cash. CBN's eyes are everywhere. I see many losing billions of cash soon. They have them.stashed in the various vaults in their homes. There are thousands of houses in abuja that aren't occupied by anyone. Na money full am. You'd see stern military, heavily armed, taking siege over them.

11 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by Frezhkid10(m): 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2022
dettolgel:

Well..you will reason according to the level of information available to you..
There is a reason why BVN was formed..do you know that any transaction in the equivalent of $10,000 & above has a special file in efcc office??

11 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by Tfx1: 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2022
grin
Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by Morphinne: 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2022
Ubongikouwem:
Sure, what did you expect.

Buhari is the wisest politician ever.
This is a good initiative actually. The CBN and its clueless leadership are getting something right for the first time in 500 years. We shouldn’t condemn every idea these people come up with as this is a step in the right direction. Expect to see more greedy thieves pumping the billions they’ve hoarded inside soakaway pits and graveyards back into the economy. These thieves will start taking their loots to banks to wash.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by alphanyx: 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2022
Where the dollar and pounds to buy All scarce!

Couldn't they just buy dollars, pounds and euros from bureau de change? [/quote]

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by alizma: 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2022
Penguin2:
Lol

This is what we have been trying to tell some foolish and shortsighted idiots here that these corrupt politicians and kidnappers that have been hoarding naira will be forced to start throwing it around as they can’t deposit it in the bank and some fools are here arguing.

Tinubu, Atiku and co, who packed money to buy votes will be choked; together with their BATstards.

Many of them don't understand what is happening

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by omonnakoda: 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2022
Penguin2:
Lol

There is no logic in this nonsense you have written.
Why would anyone "hoard" naira and for 15 years.
You sound like a fanatic that has suspended his brain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by heysquare(m): 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2022
Penguin2:

It’s a tricky one…

How would you wanna change 100million naira to dollar and you wanna pay in cash?

That Bureau De Change you are going to pay 100million cash to, how would he deposit it without running into trouble?
You get sense jare
Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by xandy84: 4:21pm On Nov 01, 2022
You asked a valid question. Money does not expire, so what's wrong with money made in 2007? Nothing absolutely. I believe Nigerian government always love throwing controversial topics out there to the populace to distract from their poor performance. The year a currency was made has zero relevance but the purchasing power of the currency is what matters.

Buddha3:
Are you people ment?

I sold 50 dollar notes made in 2003 to Faruk in Wuse 2 about a week ago and he paid me good money for it.

What is wrong with a 2007 naira note being in circulation till date? You Nigerians just like to foolishly demean your country for the fun of it.

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by mDavenzy: 4:21pm On Nov 01, 2022
The approach is nice, but what if there is more to it that we are yet to know? God Be With Nigeria.
Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by omonnakoda: 4:21pm On Nov 01, 2022
WibusJaga:

Why would anyone hoard Naira that the value devalues on daily basis. I'll rather hoard Dollars. cool
Is hoarding the only logical explanation?
Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by iLegendd(m): 4:22pm On Nov 01, 2022
Buddha3:
Are you people ment?

I sold 50 dollar notes made in 2003 to Faruk in Wuse 2 about a week ago and he paid me good money for it.

What is wrong with a 2007 naira note being in circulation till date? You Nigerians just like to foolishly demean your country for the fun of it.

Understand before you comment. Nigerian money easily gets dirty, so seeing an old Nigerian currency that is still clean is a miracle. It's either it was hoarded or fake.

An old Nigerian currency is hardly clean because most Nigerians handle money roughly.

For the Dollar, it's always clean no matter how old it is because people place value and respect on it.

Nigerians fold their anyhow at any opportunity they get, but when it comes to the Dollar, nobody folds it anyhow.

13 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by nedekid: 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2022
dettolgel:

Couldn't they just buy dollars, pounds and euros from bureau de change?
That is what they are doing now. Hence more scarcity of forex and devaluation of naira.

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by ShubiMiles(m): 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2022
Hmm!Hmm!Hmm!
Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by Moahmed: 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2022
WibusJaga:

Why would anyone hoard Naira that the value devalues on daily basis. I'll rather hoard Dollars. cool

Where is the wisdom in hoarding dollars,pounds that will eventually expire?

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by Truth234(m): 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2022
dettolgel:

CBN said N2.7 trillion outside the banking system. if N50 million will take you three weeks, please do N2.7 trillion. You shouldn't get through N500 million before the BDC/Aboki set you up or people you are working with go rogue.

7 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by Treadway: 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2022
Zanzibar1:

Hahahah miracles happen in Nigeria doesn't it ?
really? You don't know Soludo was a former CBN governor, a brilliant man who strengthened and sanitised the banking industry before Emefoole came and made a mess of everything? Na im be say you must still be quite young. Anyone in even 30's age range knows. After Soludo came Sanusi Lamido, then Emefoole

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by Goalnaldo(m): 4:26pm On Nov 01, 2022
matify83:
Surprisingly signed by present Gov. Soludo.
So soludo is still the governor of central bank?
Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by ken6488(m): 4:26pm On Nov 01, 2022
Racoon:
If the currency is still durable, divisible, portable and accepted as a means of legal exchange, then there is nothing wrong with. A currency reformation is not what Nigeria needs in these era of economic meltdown as the cost implications is just too huge.
yes it is what we need
Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by frankson1(m): 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2022
jumper524:
Could this be as a result of the cbn plan to change currency or a mere coincidence?

My brother, it's not coincidence.

People actually have bags, cartons, boxes of naira notes in their houses.

Money isn't circulating and banks don't have as much as they should have in their vaults.

Redesigning our naira notes is a good thing and I wish the Arabic inscriptions can be taken down too.

I'm also thinking that EFCC will be on the look out for people who will bring in a certain amount for deposit.

I believe that cash will start flowing because, those who have so much will want to spend.

4 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by ken6488(m): 4:28pm On Nov 01, 2022
Suddenly every is an economi guru
Re: 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 4:28pm On Nov 01, 2022
Penguin2:
Lol

Funny enough our politicians hardly hoard naira, they rather hoard dollars

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Finds Dollar Notes In Okrika Bag She Bought / CBN Redesigns 200, 500 & 1000 Naira Notes / *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.