Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

This Could Be The Reason Why Our Farm Was Poisoned. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / This Could Be The Reason Why Our Farm Was Poisoned. (33922 Views)

Our Farm Attacked Again With Biological Weapon By Our Host Community! / Somebody Poisoned Our Farm. / LSETF: My Farm Was Vandalized During EndSARS, But Now I can Rebuild (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Could Be The Reason Why Our Farm Was Poisoned. by MideMrPossible: 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2022
stanvesco:

How much did you buy all these lands

U be big man oh

E no easy o bros

Re: This Could Be The Reason Why Our Farm Was Poisoned. by greenermodels: 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
MideMrPossible:
Regenerative Agriculture drops
chief, good day, what you're doing is also known as homesteading, it's my ideal retirement plan and I have been opening threads here in search of Nigerians in it to learn from without success. I would love to learn more from you. I'm based in the east but is open to relocation in a few years time to achieve my dreams.
Re: This Could Be The Reason Why Our Farm Was Poisoned. by Jean2(m): 7:35pm On Nov 05, 2022
teepain:

At a point in time, I had over 40 pregnant sows, about 200 pigs ready for sale and I employed about 4 people with a farm size of 4 acres. You need to see how these greedy mofos wrecked the biz by creating artificial mortality. I shut down the business and they were begging me not to do so that they would be managing even if i could not continue paying their salaries from my purse. I told them, hell no! I shut the place down and though I lost some good sum of money but it was their loss, ultimately because they lost their jobs.

When people complain of lack of jobs, ask them what happened to the jobs that people created for them. Were the businesses growing or they killed the businesses?

You are right sir. A lot of we Nigerians needs re-orientation.
Some people complain about no job, no good pay but look out for every opportunity to milk the organisation/company they work with dry. This is not encouraging at all for entrepreneurs/ would-be entrepreneurs.

1 Like

Re: This Could Be The Reason Why Our Farm Was Poisoned. by speed99: 10:01am On Nov 14, 2022
Same thing I was thinking.
Made similar mistake 2 years ago for charcoal.
I wanted to build an oven for charcoal processing, in a village in Nasarawa. I see shege, money finish.
Lesson? Could had micromanaged to produce locally, and then, buy and sell, while building the factory in phases.
On this project, I learnt from farming rice in a very remote location. It was almost unlivable and the cost of going to the farm was high.
Even to transport products.
My thoughts...
1. Start with anywhere closer to your house.
2. Do more of fattening and sell off.
Note. No vex for my oversabi ooo. I know the situation very well
gaby:
Sir, I think you'd need to get back on the drawing board to re-strategize before proceeding any further.

I say this because I think that while it is good to have a big dream like this, you are incapacitated financially and otherwise to carry on with the project in the magnitude that it presently is.

You are taking on too much that you can conveniently handle and at the end of the day you'd end up not meeting any goals in the long run and end up with such complaints...

Break down your project into manageable bit sizes that you can handle without much of a fuss and learn along then keep expanding from there...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How Nigerians Are Killing Their Rice Value Chain / Governor Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo (photos) / Lai Mohammed, Muhammad Nanono Visit Rice Mills In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.