Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

A New Educational System - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A New Educational System (421 Views)

Why Are Private Schools No Longer Operating The 6-3-3-4 Educational System? / Ghana Adopts Chukwuka Okonjo's Double Intake Educational System / New Educational Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A New Educational System by Citadel4all(m): 2:35pm On Nov 01, 2022
According to Wikipedia, reflective learning is a form of education in which the student reflects upon their learning experiences.

I have to admit that I have poor memory retention. Luckily, I’m a law-abiding citizen, otherwise I would be in real trouble, like:

Officer: Where were you on Thursday, April 7th, 2016 at 8pm?
Me: I have no idea.
Officer: But that was only 2 hours ago.
Me: I still have no idea.
LoL

Funny but true..

This poor memory problem made me always feel bad, because I was always worried about how I won't be able to give correct answers to questions regarding something I suppose to have learnt.

So I went searching the internet, looking for how to attain higher memory retention of the things I learn.

At first, I learnt I should give more time to my study, so I started giving 6 hours minimum to reading daily. But very little changed.

Then I learnt I should get knowledge from different sources, so I began reading from multiple textbooks, watching many videos, and even converted some textbooks to audio using various text-to-audio applications.

Oh boy! You should have seen my table while I was busy reading in those times... Everywhere littered with textbooks and papers I used for jotting.

Well, there was much improvement. At least I could confidently stand to attempt answering questions. But, I wasn't satisfied yet. I was still experiencing loss of some important details from my study...

There are so many people out there, probably including you, who have experienced this same predicament. Worst case, they are often Nigerian university students... At least, I know very few people who complain of their inability to retain what they learnt before their exams in primary or secondary school (Except they really didn't read at all).

So why this problem in the University?

Why do most Nigerian university students put in so much effort in an attempt to excel academically and get very little results out of it?

Why do they have to struggle so much and still look like they never tried?

Well, tell me what you think!

(1) (Reply)

Ae-funai Trains 100 Academic Staff On Blended Learning / D. S Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic Rectorship: Gov. Abiodun, Pls Do It Right Now / See The Fuel Subsidy Question That Found Its Way Into An MBBS Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.