Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,577 members, 7,816,425 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) (92190 Views)

Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria / Cost Of Constructing A Mini Swimming Pool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by goslowgoslow(m): 9:48am On Nov 02, 2022
ZINNYBANKS:

What do you know ? Just to eat and sleep ..
Another meaningless comment.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Irondome1: 9:49am On Nov 02, 2022
Rexymania:
That would be too expensive

Too expensive for someone who can afford to own a swimming pool?
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by pacespot(m): 9:52am On Nov 02, 2022
Jovialjune1:

You are extremely senseless.

Can you interpret what he said?
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by MorningStar233: 9:52am On Nov 02, 2022
excanny:
Better to avoid having one at home if you have kids less than 15 years old.

If they want to swim, they can do so in public swimming pools where there are adults watching them.

Cos my my restless daughter will climb that fence somehow somehow.

Kids are very unpredictable and dumb.

You deserve a very chilled drink, you are very correct

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Pastoshizzy(m): 9:52am On Nov 02, 2022
A minute of silence for the youngest departed celebrity. MHSRIP.

I see a outdoor basketball court in place of a pool outside the mansion GOD will grant me. Of course there be spa and workout space but NO POOL. It's happened to 2 of my kinfolks now.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by alizma: 9:56am On Nov 02, 2022
wonlasewonimi:
This shouldn't have happened again after dbanj son drowned. Nigerians take safety for granted.
Don't mind them, some people have been thinking since yesterday on how to blame government for the incident.
How that boy fell into the pool with nobody to rescue him within reasonable period that could safe his life is still a puzzle to me.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Sirkingdom22: 9:57am On Nov 02, 2022
Bro your words are wisdom I swear �
Cypress042:
Even with those net around the pools a child that will drown will drown

Just pray that stuffs like this don't remember you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by PinkHealthGroup: 10:02am On Nov 02, 2022
wonlasewonimi:
This shouldn't have happened again after dbanj son drowned. Nigerians take safety for granted.

Nigerians have a culture of mourning and just moving on. After D’banj lost his son, many in sane climes would have taken it up themselves to promote safety measures for kids.

Americans lose their kids in that manner make it a mission to amplify and promote safety measures to prevent children from drowning. The child’s death was totally preventable. These are all teaching moments that can be seized and used as avenues to promote child safety. Locking medicines away.

Prevention of burns by keeping kids away from hot stoves. Helmets to prevent head injuries from falls. Decreasing speeding. Society needs these little reminders . Simple preventive medicine.

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by ZINNYBANKS: 10:08am On Nov 02, 2022
goslowgoslow:

Another meaningless comment.
Don't be rude kid not everyone Here is your mate ..
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by afadi2410: 10:09am On Nov 02, 2022
ZINNYBANKS:
Devil have it way of making bad things happen even if its heavily guarded with soliders what will happen will happen.

Well,do everything to stop it from happening if it eventually happens, nobody will blame you.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by ugodson(m): 10:12am On Nov 02, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
All this is non essential. A remote cover would be cool

U may be remotely closing the pool but someone or a baby may still be inside.
The pic above is better. U can view from ur window or anywhere
Just food for thought

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Emola12(m): 10:13am On Nov 02, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
it will be more expensive more than dis one oga
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by ZINNYBANKS: 10:14am On Nov 02, 2022
afadi2410:

Well,do everything to stop it from happening if it eventually happens, nobody will blame you.
Sure exactly my point .swimming pool is Just not it to me there are other amazing things you can put in your house aside from killing pool .
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by LordErrk: 10:20am On Nov 02, 2022
Cypress042:

WRONG! With all the fences and precautions, the chances of a child drowning will be substantially reduced.
You're basically saying that even if you store harmful chemicals out of the reach of children, it'll have no effect...

2 Likes

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 02, 2022
excanny:
Better to avoid having one at home if you have kids less than 15 years old.

If they want to swim, they can do so in public swimming pools where there are adults watching them.

Cos my my restless daughter will climb that fence somehow somehow.

Kids are very unpredictable and dumb.

Best comment!
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Karnice600: 10:22am On Nov 02, 2022
maureensylvia:
If you have swimming pool in your house and you have children...

This is how your swimming pool should look like.

May what we build for family pleasure never end up causing deepest pains.

This post was inspired by the death of Davido's son... Rest on cutie.

This is nice. You can see clueless strings of comments here. Imagine someone saying this is “non essential”.
That’s why the whites will always be ahead. They believe in taking responsibility to fix failures and grow in the process. They don’t just “leave everything to God”, when it comes to solving problems.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by benalvino3: 10:25am On Nov 02, 2022
etrange:

I think the right expression is "a child that will drown will drown". No child wants to drown.

You leave your kid in a hurt car and when dies you say a kid that will die will die. Are you this stupid?

Parents being careless does not matter. A kid that will drown will drown that's how you reason?
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by LordErrk: 10:26am On Nov 02, 2022
afribookorg:
If you like cover everywhere with cement. When death comes,forget it

Go and watch "final destination"

Life is not a movie. You don't disregard basic hazard precautions and expect to live a full life. Sometimes, we bring death closer than our time
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by LordErrk: 10:27am On Nov 02, 2022
afribookorg:

Life is not a movie. You don't disregard basic hazard precautions and expect to live a full life. Sometimes, we bring death closer than our time

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by benalvino3: 10:30am On Nov 02, 2022
Davido and his chioma were not ready to take on parental duties. To them, clout and glamor or fame comes first. As a result their son is dead.

D'banj incident should have taught them a lesson but that is not the case with people who only think about fame.

When you have your first child, you start to analyze every thing that may hurt them. This includes fornitures with sharp edges.

You can never trust a nanny without camera. You need to know what they do when you are not around.

The boys death is on his parents carelessness.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by PinkHealthGroup: 10:30am On Nov 02, 2022
Karnice600:

This is nice. You can see clueless strings of comments here. Imagine someone saying this is “non essential”.
That’s why the whites will always be ahead. They believe in taking responsibility to fix failures and grow in the process. They don’t just “leave everything to God”, when it comes to solving problems.

Please say this louder for the ppl in the back.our ppl refuse to find solutions, Even when presented with solutions want to argue up and down.
I relocated to an African country where the streets had no names making navigation difficult. I asked the community what we could do to put up street names… they argued me to death.

I decided to put street up a name with a street sign on my street. Suddenly members of the community became interested. Be the change you want. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to implement safety precautions.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by benalvino3: 10:31am On Nov 02, 2022
LordErrk:

People are stupid. Because we can't live forever it means we should not try to avoid incidents.

People watch too much movies.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by benalvino3: 10:38am On Nov 02, 2022
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by CheapHomes1: 10:41am On Nov 02, 2022
Cypress042:

Same question people ask whenever unexpected incidents happens.

Help us answer the question. with all these fence and precaution, pls explain how "a child that will drown will drown"?
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by sanya4good(m): 10:43am On Nov 02, 2022
Cypress042:

This may sound stupid but somethings are just mean't to happen no matter what.

It's a wrong belief that some accidents are meant to happen. Every accident happens due to negligence of certain persons.

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by g4gerald: 10:50am On Nov 02, 2022
Cypress042:

Change dis ur mentality and learn to take precautionary measures wen necessary, it will save u alot. That boy wud have been alive 2day if those measures were in place.

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by spinna: 10:57am On Nov 02, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
those covers may still drown a child.. fencing bis best..
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by AngelicBeing: 10:57am On Nov 02, 2022
Righteousness2:
It's good to secure your properties and apply precautions and all that,

But what is Most Important is for us to be Fully seated in JESUS Christ because "Except the LORD watches over a House, the Watchmen are watching but in Vain".

Many things that happen in the Physical are first Spiritually orchestrated and concluded in the Spiritual realm.

It takes someone who is Fortified in GOD to stand in the gap and Cancel the Evil.
Gbamsulotely, end of thread, next news jare grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by InvertedHammer: 10:58am On Nov 02, 2022
/
Swimming pool at home serves no purpose.

Ask anyone with a pool at home how many times they use it in a year after 2 years.

Some go as far as building a swimming pool in a village compound that they rarely visit.

/
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Malawian(m): 10:59am On Nov 02, 2022
Children will still scale the walls. the only solution is to have one or two pool security. One thing i cant understand is that there are a lot of hangers on in Davido's house, yet not one of them saw the kid wander off. What if he was kidnapped?
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by LienwaltAbel(m): 11:01am On Nov 02, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
KIDS are explorers and sneaky in nature.
Some would want to climb those fences to still explore.
A 3 year old can't climb that fence. Make una rest. Main fact is someone like davido should have had a something like that around his pool. Nigerians spend most of their lives trying to impress people who don't give a shit about them.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by bonnyhope: 11:05am On Nov 02, 2022
afribookorg:

This movee na series?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Osibona's Lifeless Body Recovered From Collapsed Building Rubble / My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.