Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) (92210 Views)

Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria / Cost Of Constructing A Mini Swimming Pool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by SeniorMan715(m): 11:09am On Nov 02, 2022
Every parent should gum their children to their body so they can know everything happening to them
benalvino3:
Davido and his chioma were not ready to take on parental duties. To them, clout and glamor or fame comes first. As a result their son is dead.

D'banj incident should have taught them a lesson but that is not the case with people who only think about fame.

When you have your first child, you start to analyze every thing that may hurt them. This includes fornitures with sharp edges.

You can never trust a nanny without camera. You need to know what they do when you are not around.

The boys death is on his parents carelessness.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by mmsen: 11:11am On Nov 02, 2022
Cypress042:
Even with those net around the pools a child that will drown will drown

Just pray that stuffs like this don't remember you.

Foolish statement.

Take steps to protect yourself and your loved ones.

Prayer will not save lives.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by SmithRussell(m): 11:14am On Nov 02, 2022
Romanoff:

I'm telling you.
In other words, preventive measures are useless?

We have a long way to go.. sad.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by DisLifeSha: 11:25am On Nov 02, 2022
You lie. Things don't just happen

Cypress042:
Even with those net around the pools a child that will drown will drown

Just pray that stuffs like this don't remember you.

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Ckonnet: 11:25am On Nov 02, 2022
No need for this if there are kids around, safety should come first.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Fearyourcreator: 11:26am On Nov 02, 2022
WibusJaga:

This, or a pool cover would certainly have prevented his drowning.
This mentality of What Will Be Will Be that some people have, thereby neglecting to do the needful, can prove costly at times.

Basically, accidents happen when we fail to identify hazards & put appropriate barriers against same.
Person fit forget abeg... Make person pray make person no just be unfortunate... Am not saying one should not take precautions
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by DisLifeSha: 11:26am On Nov 02, 2022
It's best not to put pool at all. Pool no dey carry person go heaven

Tokskob2008:
The door of that little net might at one time or the other be opened and kids will definitely stroll in so anything can still happen. It's best if the pool is entirely separated from the building.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by rickleye: 11:28am On Nov 02, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
All this is non essential. A remote cover would be cool

A remote cover is expensive
Kids and adults could still be tempted to run across .
The pictures shown are the recommended way.
Fence the damn pool and lock !!!
Have cameras installed as well.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Bahamas95(m): 11:32am On Nov 02, 2022
Parents and guardians should keep an eye on their children everytime. If you blink you miss it.

Some deaths are avoidable..... Ifeanyi wouldn't have died if someone was watching over him that day. Same with that woman that had an accident while chasing her husband with side chick.

SAFETY FIRST.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by SeniorMan715(m): 11:44am On Nov 02, 2022
Foolish statement, so because accident happens we should be driving recklessly
SmithRussell:
In other words, preventive measures are useless?
We have a long way to go.. sad.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by SeniorMan715(m): 11:46am On Nov 02, 2022
Ignorant comment
DisLifeSha:
It's best not to put pool at all. Pool no dey carry person go heaven

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by vickydevoka(m): 11:48am On Nov 02, 2022
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Ndi Yoruba ejigo isi nwata gbara ego
But na Yoruba pikin na
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by hotwax: 12:03pm On Nov 02, 2022
even at that, don't loose guard locking it up..
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by xtervaganza(m): 12:09pm On Nov 02, 2022
Na innocent domestic staff dem go arrest.

I don't get , why is the pool freely accessible? Even adults can drown in it

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Starzo: 12:09pm On Nov 02, 2022
olasesi:
The way we think differently amazes me. Someone came up with pictures of better ways things could have been done, and people could only retrogressively object to it. They did not even suggest anything that is better if they think this is not good enough.

Are you saying the chances of getting drowned in a pool that is covered is the same chance as with a pool that is not covered?
Why has Africa always been backward and retrogressive in thinking?

One would not expect people who use this platform or use the internet to think like this. What then would be the case of average market men and women who may be ignorant of a lot of things?
If this happened in Europe or America, and they have a forum like this, they would likely be discussing why he did not get his pool covered when he has a child at home. But here we are in Africa. It's is different, all just from the comments of people here. What is more shocking to me is the high number of "likes" you get from such comments. It makes me feel like I am the the crazy one here. But if really I am the crazy one, I would prefer to be crazy in the eyes of people who hold such thinking. And yet you people have internet. It's a shame to the 21st century.

Aren't the whites Christians too? Yes people in houses of those pictures. But they didn't wait for God to do what a man can do. In fact, if God loves you, he would give you knowledge so it will occur to you to cover your pool because of the danger. But if he does not love you, he would let you wallow in your ignorance and let you expect him to save you from such danger from up there where he is.

In my own religion, we are told to tie our camel and then put our trust in God. Let me relate to you.

One day Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) noticed a Bedouin leaving his camel without tying it.
He asked the Bedouin, “Why don’t you tie down your camel?”
The Bedouin answered, “I placed my trust in Allah.”
At that, the Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Tie your camel and place your trust in Allah” (Tirmidhi)

That's a good balance between faith and reality.
Even with that sef, they still fit steal am. But you still just have to do what you can to ensure it.

But if we think all these are still nonsense. We can as well then leave the doors of our house open. After all, what will happen will happen. We also may not have to use passwords for our accounts because we still get hacked anyways. We may even go national. We wont be needing the police anymore. we spend too much on security and yes there are still attacks.
It's then we will appreciate numbers.
No one said it's secure 100%. But not doing anything to secure more is pure foolishness.

And kudo to those who gave different other ways. People who think they wont construct a pool in their house are even way smarter than those saying it's God that protects or that what would be would be.
Your religion also teaches people to blow up themselves in the hope of getting 72 virgins in paradise,so?...
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Harmony92(f): 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2022
excanny:
Better to avoid having one at home if you have kids less than 15 years old.

If they want to swim, they can do so in public swimming pools where there are adults watching them.

Cos my my restless daughter will climb that fence somehow somehow.

Kids are very unpredictable and dumb.
Toddlers are very smart I swear sad since the day I saw my two years old daughter trying to plug my phone fear catch me, now I always remove my charger from the wall socket after charging my phone.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by koning: 12:15pm On Nov 02, 2022
A simple solution that would have prevented a lot of grief.

Looking at such pictures will almost kill the Davido and his fiance because the money to fence the swimming pool is peanuts to them.

Just too sad.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Ssst: 12:16pm On Nov 02, 2022
This is a bit safer more especially from kids
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by benalvino3: 12:17pm On Nov 02, 2022
SeniorMan715:
Every parent should gum their children to their body so they can know everything happening to them

So why are they arresting the househelp or nannies?

When dbanj cry, why did the parents not learn and secure their pool?
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by olasesi(m): 12:21pm On Nov 02, 2022
Starzo:

Your religion also teaches people to blow up themselves in the hope of getting 72 virgins in paradise,so?...

You are not smart and I am not like you. Of all that I posted, this is what you could come up with. What has my post got to do with blowing up?
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by SeniorMan715(m): 12:22pm On Nov 02, 2022
Carelessness is part of it and anything that will happen will surly happen know matter what you do, accident and death is inevitable.
benalvino3:

So why are they arresting the househelp or nannies?

When dbanj cry, why did the parents not learn and secure their pool?
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Billygee2u: 12:27pm On Nov 02, 2022
WibusJaga:

This, or a pool cover would certainly have prevented his drowning.
This mentality of What Will Be Will Be that some people have, thereby neglecting to do the needful, can prove costly at times.

Basically, accidents happen when we fail to identify hazards & put appropriate barriers against same.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by maureensylvia(f): 12:27pm On Nov 02, 2022
Ckonnet:
No need for this if there are kids around, safety should come first.

Ckonnet grin
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by PotatoSalad(m): 12:30pm On Nov 02, 2022
Rexymania:
That would be too expensive

Nothing is too expensive. David's own mad me abeg. What's the point of having lambo and Bentley and expensive jewelry when you can't buy something that's essential for the house.
It's like not buying a fire extinguisher for your house cos 'it's expensive'. The day your house burns, everything burns with it.
If one can't afford a pool cover, don't construct a pool in the first place.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by benalvino3: 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2022
SeniorMan715:
Carelessness is part of it and anything that will happen will surly happen know matter what you do, accident and death is inevitable.

No. Carelessness makes thing that is not supposed to happen happen. Else why the term carelessness if its inevitable.

Why do they ask you to use condoms? For preventive measures abi?
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Nathan2016: 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2022
Rexymania:
That would be too expensive

If you can afford to spend million on Pool inside the house, you can afford to buy the cover.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Nathan2016: 12:37pm On Nov 02, 2022
ValCon888:
Children can still climb that fence and gain entry.

The best solution is a pool alarm.

The sensors detect unauthorized entry and will trigger the alarm to let people know someone is in the pool.

A pool alarm is the best especially for large houses with plenty of space.

I think the best thing is to put a combination of factors.

Pool fence
Pool cover
Pool sensor alarm
CCTV in pool area
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Nathan2016: 12:39pm On Nov 02, 2022
ZINNYBANKS:
Devil have it way of making bad things happen even if its heavily guarded with soliders what will happen will happen.

This mentality is not good at all.

Put all the necessary safety measures first and let the devil do its work.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by eaglez(m): 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2022
They are not dumb but are unpredictable.
excanny:
Better to avoid having one at home if you have kids less than 15 years old.

If they want to swim, they can do so in public swimming pools where there are adults watching them.

Cos my my restless daughter will climb that fence somehow somehow.

Kids are very unpredictable and dumb.
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by SeniorMan715(m): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
"And" was in my statement.
The same condom is not guarantee. smiley have a nice day
benalvino3:

No. Carelessness makes thing that is not supposed to happen happen. Else why the term carelessness if its inevitable.

Why do they ask you to use condoms? For preventive measures abi?
Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by delpee(f): 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
All this is non essential. A remote cover would be cool

The barricade is a nice addition if there are toddlers in the house. Anyone can forget to cover the pool at some point in time.

It's also wise to have a separate entrance for the pool such that it can be viewed from within but access is not direct. I saw something like this in an architects house. Beautiful view from the sitting room but the entrance is through a locked door to a section of the garden/pool area.

1 Like

Re: Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) by Frankvin: 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2022
Baba na point u make for that final destination cos even stone we u kick for ground fit go drag dagger wey go kill u for up come meet u
ajeh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Osibona's Lifeless Body Recovered From Collapsed Building Rubble / My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.