Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) (35768 Views)

The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA / Deposed Emir Sanusi On Exile In Loko, Nasarawa Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by MrNice04(m): 5:20am On Nov 02, 2022
why someone will support a very divisive muslim muslim ticket in a secular and religiously sensitive country like Nigeria!

Only a fool will be fooling themselves that religion doesn't matter in a country where Deborah was murdered in such a gruesome manner and shared publicly

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by saaondoenock: 5:22am On Nov 02, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAWsM9XzwAU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9p1qXvl1A8
Plastic Bottles Exposed To Sunlight Can Cause Cancer – Lagos Govt

The Lagos State Consumer Protection Agency (LASCOPA) on Tuesday said the exposure of plastic bottles to sunlight can increase the risk of cancer, hormonal imbalance, and gastrointestinal issues, among other health conditions.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by chucks185: 5:23am On Nov 02, 2022
tiger28:
WHEN it comes to TRUE Heroes of democracy against wicked dictators in Nigeria........You have to give it to the Yorubas for their Bravery.

NOT some fake Nationalism because of the elections.....Tinubu really stands out here!

I am from the North and I have noticed this very well!
third world mentality
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by Magnoliaa(f): 5:23am On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:
The Labour of our heroes past, shall never be in vain...

Obi pandora was probably still in school then, trying very hard, cracking his dull head to pass exams in philosophy.

Candidtalk said we do not have anything to campaign and sell our candidate with except maligning and "rubbishing" others.

Now I wonder what this right here is.

So you really believe in the italicised above, but it is saintly and ethical for your principal to say people will labour 'till death abi?

Hm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:26am On Nov 02, 2022
tiger28:
WHEN it comes to TRUE Heroes of democracy against wicked dictators in Nigeria........You have to give it to the Yorubas for their Bravery.

NOT some fake Nationalism because of the elections.....Tinubu really stands out here!

I am from the North and I have noticed this very well!
What happened to them when democracy came back?

Are they still as they were before? A lot of changes...

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by surgical: 5:32am On Nov 02, 2022
bobbybrown007:
shut up your mouth, has he not been paid enough? Should they give him the world so that he will rule .
keyamo was once a human rights activist,today he is a different thing.
Same for Tinubu we cannot say he has the same belief like 1995 everything has changed, we see him for what he is now

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by Ireportlive: 5:35am On Nov 02, 2022
9jalyte:

Can you just stop it there. It's not everytime that you expect your propaganda to fly. The way you want to dress Tinubu in borrowed robes is funny. He was hero of democracy, how. What some of you don't know is that Tinubu was busy lobbying for Political position with Abacha. I will leave it there.

But for sale of evidence, can you bring any report that showed that Tinubu was declared wanted by Abacha or any public medi come try that was provocative enough to claim hero of democracy.

In all these dishing out of medals, I have not heard anyone mention Humphrey Nwosu, the NEC chairman, who dared IBB and went ahead to declare results. He paid for it, but you will not tell us he deserves a reward.

The people that were here and faced Abacha face to face without running are the heroes. Talk about Alex Ekwueme who was doing his G32 activism in Abuja and not London.
Take it easy with your crafting of narratives.

How old are you?!

Same Tinubu that was charged for treason, jailed and release by retired justice Zulu Gambari, of the appeal court before he left for exile

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by xperiencelove(m): 5:36am On Nov 02, 2022
When Abacha need their heads off their shoulders.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by buzorcharles(m): 5:38am On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

The Labour of our heroes past, shall never be in vain.

I mean, do we have any excuse not to pay this great man back through voting for him for the fight, and the struggle he went through for this country.

Obi pandora was probably still in school then, trying very hard, cracking his dull head to pass exams in philosophy.

He has been paid already with lagos state treasury. I can't sacrifice another 8 years for any unfit. All his mate in that pic are resting.

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by CSTRR: 5:41am On Nov 02, 2022
Ironically, they came in and became the exact same thing they fought against.

They were probably doing all the activism for political relevance.
An example is festus keyamo.

Just look at the apc. Far worst than the PDP has been.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by OkoRemi2023(m): 5:45am On Nov 02, 2022
How can a sane functioning brain people chose Peter obi over Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by CSTRR: 5:46am On Nov 02, 2022
The apc is trying to gag the social Media and stiffle the opposition.

They hunted endsars activists, unleashed the army on protesters, jailed many and blocked their bank accounts.

Tinubu and his group were in full support.

They have blocked the bank account of #takebacknaija, a Peter obi campaign group.

Sabi Abacha would have been proud.

The Nadeco guys really learnt from him.

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by CSTRR: 5:48am On Nov 02, 2022
OkoRemi2023:
How a sane functioning brain people chose Peter obi over Tinubu
Look at Tinubu and look at Peter obi today.

Which of them represent the ideas of gani fawehinmi.

Which of them would gani have supported if he were alive?

Would he still support festus keyamo?
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by Spray(m): 5:50am On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

I mean, do we have any excuse not to pay this great man back through voting for him for the fight, and the struggle he went through for this country.

Go and take several seats. You are making a mockery of your parents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by CSTRR: 5:53am On Nov 02, 2022
Everything that apc accused Pdp of has been replicated and worsened.
You don't need a soothsayer to tell you that the Nadeco guys with the likes of Tinubu were only protesting for access.

Access to power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by RayRay06677(m): 5:55am On Nov 02, 2022
THOSE MEN ABSCONDED AND LEFT US HERE TO PERISH BUT WE OVER CAME THE TYRANY AND THEY RUSHED BACK CLAIMING WHAT THEY NEVER DID.

HOW DID THEY KILL ABACHA FROM USA?

IS IT THE NOISE MAKING ON NEWSPAPER THAT KILLED ABACHA?

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:56am On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

As at then Obi was successful business man, also youngest chairman of a bank probably, when then Jim ovia too were harnessing zenith, Obi was at the top of building the economy with his potentials you are enjoying today. Their commerce strength, financial input, economic input are what is making Nigeria hold itself together, upon all their freedom fighter, what have they done, 23 years of controlling Lagos, it can’t stand close to joburg, Cairo, dubai, etc

Even to build hospital that he can do knee surgery he couldn’t build. Freedom fighting indeed.

GOOGLE THOMAS SANKARA, GADDAFI, LATE LEE OF SINGAPORE etc.

Look at what freedom fighting it

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by CSTRR: 5:56am On Nov 02, 2022
Play back a video of keyamo 10 years ago, and now.

You would think they are two different people that never met.

That is tinubu and his Nadeco group.

Pocket activism.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by Jetbound: 5:58am On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

Go ahead and “pay him” so you can suffer for doing just that. People like you will hire family to run your company in the name of loyalty only for them to run your business down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by Ecosystem4u: 6:03am On Nov 02, 2022
Pro democracy activist you say,...when exactly was he peddling drugs in Chicago? About same time right? The more you try to sell this self conceited man the more you anger Nigerians. Party of scammers with evil intention!!!

#let's Take Back Our Country.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by BreconHills(m): 6:12am On Nov 02, 2022
9jalyte:

Can you just stop it there. It's not everytime that you expect your propaganda to fly. The way you want to dress Tinubu in borrowed robes is funny. He was hero of democracy, how. What some of you don't know is that Tinubu was busy lobbying for Political position with Abacha. I will leave it there.

But for sale of evidence, can you bring any report that showed that Tinubu was declared wanted by Abacha or any public medi come try that was provocative enough to claim hero of democracy.

In all these dishing out of medals, I have not heard anyone mention Humphrey Nwosu, the NEC chairman, who dared IBB and went ahead to declare results. He paid for it, but you will not tell us he deserves a reward.

The people that were here and faced Abacha face to face without running are the heroes. Talk about Alex Ekwueme who was doing his G32 activism in Abuja and not London.
Take it easy with your crafting of narratives.

You write as if
1. The poster is saying only yorubas supported June 12 or suffered under it.
2. Everything Abacha did happened over night
3. Then you confuse Tinubu with politicians who supported the interim national government.

Bros this is a photo a snapshot in time. Everyone in that photo is a hero. They left because they were in IBB and Abachas Cross hairs. Everybody was not in the deadly duos cross hairs at the same time. Everyone was not in NADECO. OBJ and Diya were picked up for the phantom coup which event happened towards the tail end of Abachas reign not IBB sef.

Ndubusi Kanu was one of those heroes and he was honoured in Lagos by this same Tinubu you want yo villify. These guys know themselves. Oshiomole was also very staunch in his rallying of the NLC in those days. Koikori of the oil and gas workers unon as well.

The problem in Nigeria is that our thinking is polar. We can only focus on one truth which means only our truth.

Some people say those that stayed fought harder. No. Those that stayed were trapped against their will as Abacha became even more desperate. None of the people that left went through Murtala Mohammed Airport. Those that went abroad founded Radio Kudirat which was the only voice for freedom in those days. They lobbied the west and raised money for an effective resistance. Without their efforts IBB would have been your president for life and Abacha would have been replaced with another for life President.

But all this does not mean that other ethnic groups fid not have important roles.

If you are concerned for Peter Obi's role furing the crisis, then ask him what he did during the period. I am sure he will give you an eloquent answer.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by HRMK: 6:12am On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

IF THERE IS ANY OF THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES THAT HAS PAID HIS DUES,TINUBU COMES OUT TOP!THAT IS THE TRUTH!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by Efuaye(m): 6:13am On Nov 02, 2022
Sowore was part of that struggle as a student union leader!
Why not vote for him since he's on the ballot?
I was on ground and part of that struggle too in Lagos! I didn't go on exile.
Have you forgotten that there were foot soldiers on ground in Agege, Mushin, Oshodi, etc that gave Sanni Abacha sleepless nights?
Young man what do you know about June 12 struggle?

If it's about reward for the struggle, Tinubu has been rewarded more than enough!

Peter Obi is your obsession while your candidate is being abandoned like a sinking ship in the North where he was banking on for votes!

lhordspy:

I mean, do we have any excuse not to pay this great man back through voting for him for the fight, and the struggle he went through for this country?

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by IgboSomalia: 6:17am On Nov 02, 2022
bobbybrown007:
your said batman is he not the richest landlord? Was a formal governor, formal senator, and so on. What else does he want again?

You don't even know the difference between former and formal. You should not be opening your dirty mouth in public.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by IgboSomalia: 6:19am On Nov 02, 2022
Jetbound:

Go ahead and “pay him” so you can suffer for doing just that. People like you will hire family to run your company in the name of loyalty only for them to run your business down.

When Tinubu was fighting for democracy, where was your coward of a father?

Where was that cowardly liar called Obi?

Where was Atiku?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by Bobloco: 6:21am On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

It doesn't change the fact that Tinubu is a drug lord who used the pro democracy struggle as a smoke screen to become Lagos State governor and then ruin it by making sure Lagos State became second most unliveable city in the world
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:37am On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

I mean, do we have any excuse not to pay this great man back through voting for him for the fight, and the struggle he went through for this country. Original Oponun nie

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by youngzeal1: 6:38am On Nov 02, 2022
Woke Soyinka is 88years and tinubu is 69 years abi, make una continue to Dey lie anyhow ooo
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by dyera(m): 6:38am On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

What are you saying, the man is already too old and as Buhari's Chief economic adviser, he has been proven to not have the answers to Nigeria myriad problems.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:38am On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:
Original Oponun nie[i]
The Labour of our heroes past, shall never be in vain.[/i]

Original Oponun nie

Original Oponun nie
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by YorubaPrince: 6:40am On Nov 02, 2022
LegendHero:
See men.

Useless men that mortgaged the future of innocent Nigerians! They're all worse than the military regime. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If You Don't Vote For APC, We'll Deal With You — Alhassan Ado Doguwa At Rally / Atiku’s Withdrawal From The Debate Is A Tactical Masterstroke! - Farooq Kperogi / Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.