Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA (41576 Views)

Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / Deposed Emir Sanusi On Exile In Loko, Nasarawa Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by TMSMedia: 10:25am On Sep 27, 2020
Remi Tinubu: Trauma of living in exile in US led me to Christ

Oluremi Tinubu, senator representing Lagos central, says she became a born-again Christian while she was in exile with her family in the United States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j5e6d29Nf4

In an interview with Television Continental, Tinubu, who celebrated her 60th birthday on September 21, said the trauma of being alone in the US, with little kids and without her husband, led her to Christ.

She said when she became the first lady of Lagos at a young age, she knew she had to seek God’s guidance to handle the responsibilities that came with the position.

“Like I said, if you get into a position you never envisage in your life time that you will ever occupy, you believe it is a privilege and God must have made you to become that. So you have to go back to God and ask ‘how do I do this,” she said.

“Thank God before I became the first lady, we were in self exile for almost five years and when you have problem, the only person you run to is God. So while I was in the US, I went to church, that was when I became born again.

“I went into exile as an Anglican, came out as a Pentecostal. I remember I was looking for God from one church to another, it was very difficult. When I came back, l had amnesia, I lost my memory, it was traumatic for me and that’s why I don’t like attending social gatherings because people walk up to me and I don’t recognise them anymore.

“It was traumatic for me because I was around 34, first time of being separated from your husband, and then you are stuck with two children with a lot of responsibilities.

“My husband couldn’t come see us until 18 months after. They locked them up for a while during the Abacha period and to see us, they have to go through neighbouring borders and the only passport he had was a diplomatic passport that couldn’t get him to UK because there were sanctions on diplomats because of June 12.

“He had to get to a neighbouring country to get their passport to come see us. Through that passport, he came to see us once every six months. But for me to raise the children to go to school, they were very young, it was traumatic for me. So to come back and become a first lady, it was something else.”

Tinubu, who is an ordained minister of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, said she has never experienced any conflict with her husband as regards their different faith.

“When I met my husband, I didn’t know it was a big deal. We’re from the Anglican Church. Then, a lot of Christians married Muslims. It was my sister that introduced us,” she said.

“One of the things that was profound for me, when we both went to see my dad, my dad asked him ‘are you a Muslim?, that was the first time I heard that. You’re a Muslim, I hope you won’t prevent my daughter from going to church and he promised not to.

“The point is he is quite respectful of my faith and if someone respects you it is quite right you show the same respect. He respects my faith, I respect his so there is no conflict.

“He doesn’t stop me from praying even if some pastors come around. He also has a lot of pastor friends that I met through him.

“My husband is very liberal when it comes to faith, being married to a Muslim I never had any problem. But when it is time for me to put on hijab during his events, I’ll do that but that doesn’t change my faith.

“He didn’t impose his faith on our children, I raise my children as Christians despite they bear Muslim names.”

https://www.thecable.ng/remi-tinubu-trauma-of-living-in-exile-in-us-led-me-to-christ

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by Kriss216: 10:27am On Sep 27, 2020
Wife of a crook.

You're not a Christian. True Christian can't call Igbos Awon Okoros .

Tribal bigot!

240 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by Righteousness89(m): 10:38am On Sep 27, 2020
The One Almighty Being who is available to Clean up, Purge you, Wash you and Make you no matter your Evil Past is JESUS CHRIST....

I Call Him
The Only Good God
The Merciful Father
The One that Does what no man can Do
The Lion of the Tribe of Judah
The Root of David
The Lord of lords
The God of gods
My Precious Daddy

He Saves! He Heals! He Cleanses!
Submit To Him Folks...

Take note;
A Christian is not a Sinner and a Sinner is Not a Christian..

God Almighty Knows those that are His! Let Everyone that Calls the Name of the LORD Depart From Iniquity!

136 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by SmartProf(m): 10:39am On Sep 27, 2020
Only God knows those who are His (2 Tim. 2:19).

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by Racoon(m): 10:42am On Sep 27, 2020
What a touching story.HBD madam.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 27, 2020
Drug Baroness and the heir to the Bullion Drug lord

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by illicit(m): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2020
Righteousness89:
The one Being who is available to Clean up, Purge you, Wash you and Make you no matter your Evil Past is JESUS CHRIST....

I Call Him
The Only Good God
The Merciful Father
The One that Does what no man can Do
The Lion of the Tribe of Judah
The Root of David
The Lord of lords
The God of gods
My Precious Daddy

He Saves! He Heals! He Cleanses!

Submit To Him Folks...

Are u married to Mrsrighteousness?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by rexchazy(m): 10:52am On Sep 27, 2020
Prepare for another trauma ma

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by Yobabad: 10:55am On Sep 27, 2020
Ok ma, but is true ur husband is from Osun state, were you aware that he sent delegates to his own mother burial at Irabiji in Osun state, you must answer this questions before I go to next

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 27, 2020
You're a born again Christian and your husband is a Muslim.

Marriage of strange bed fellows.

I don't think either of you takes his/her religious faith seriously.

Anyway you both know how you've managed to survive so far.

Congratulations

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by decatalyst(m): 10:57am On Sep 27, 2020
Kriss216:
Wife of a crook.

Tribal bigot!

Deranged people are quick to pass judgment.

Because your father was born out of wedlock make you his son a bastard??

Calm down with the hate and you will experience a pleasing peace.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:58am On Sep 27, 2020
GOD IS GOOD........all the time.

AnanseK:
Igbos are increasing Tinubu’s popularity.
As a non Igbo and non Yoruba Nigerian I have learnt a lot from the hatred Igbos have for Tinubu.
I will definitely not only vote for him but campaign for him to be elected President Of our great nation.
They can declare Biafra again for all I care.
Hmmmmm, this is deep!
This is what Igbos have caused, but thank God for we true igbos, we love our country!
But talking about 2023, with STARBOY we stand.
May God keep us safe and sound till and beyond them IJN.

Meanwhile......

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:59am On Sep 27, 2020
Kriss216:
Wife of a crook.
Tribal bigot!
Azmanaty03:
Drug Baroness and the heir to the Bullion Drug lord

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by tobechi74: 10:59am On Sep 27, 2020
Congratulations to her. Are you a born again, let us learn to preach universal love for all irrespective of sex.

Son: what does the Bible teach about homosexuality and masturbation.

Dad: I do not know and I do not care to know

Son: But you are a Christian

Dad: yes, A Christian who follows the teaching of Jesus. Christ alone and not the Bible.

Son; But Bible contains Jesus teaching

Dad: true. It also contains the teaching of Paul,the teaching of Moses , the teaching of Elijah and many other teaching. As a Christian, I accept the teaching of Jesus Christ.

Son: Ok, Now what did Jesus teach about masturbation and homosexuality.

Dad: Jesus never mentioned any of them literally but he showed us with illaustration how to treat those whose views are different from ours.

Child: How?

Dad: He never condemned the adultrous woman, he visited tax collectors, he dined with sinners. He showered them with love.

Son : does that mean they won’t go to hell?

Dad: would you derive Joy in Watching your loved one in hell?

Son: No I won’t

Dad: good.

Dad: sex is a way of expressing Love. There are different stages of love. The first is love directed to oneself. A child grows up loving himself.Using sexual analogy, the child derives Joy playing with his body, his genital. Jesus said Love thyself.

Son : hmm

Dad: The second is Love of similar specie.The child begins to extend the love to those of closest to him+ family, friend,tribe etc. A boy plays with a boy.A girl plays with a girl. Using sexual analogy, this is homosexual. Christ preached Love your neighbor.

Son : I see

Dad: The third stage of love is where one loves those different from oneself .Jesus said Love your enemy.your enemy is your opponent, opposite,one with a different view. Sexually, one is attracted to the gender different from him.A boy is attracted to a girl and vice-versa.

Son :

Dad: One who hates masturbators and homosexuals and love heterosexual is no different from one who loves others over himself and his peers.Such person is in a third stage of love.

Son : which is the best.

Dad: All of the above.The fourth type. The pansexual. The attraction to all . Self, male, and female. It is universal love. Agape love. Love without condition.

https://tobechispeaks./2020/09/20/a-christian-dad-and-son-conversation-on-homosexuality/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by Ogbuu101: 11:06am On Sep 27, 2020
These scammers have come again with their usual sob stories to continue deceiving their loyal zombies grin
Same woman that had to be restrained from physically assaulting Obanikoro and was abusing Dino Melaye in the public now forming born again

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by Maxymilliano(m): 11:13am On Sep 27, 2020
I went into exile as an Anglican, came out as a Pentecostal. I remember I was looking for God from one church to another

It's really interesting to know that Anglican God is different from that of Pentecostal

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by solmus: 11:15am On Sep 27, 2020
cool

Na Ibos go comment pass for this thread, making you wonder if Tinubu governed Ibo land at anytime?!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by olorunyomi13773: 11:17am On Sep 27, 2020
:GOD IS GOOD........all the moment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by Ogbuu101: 11:17am On Sep 27, 2020
solmus:
Na Ibos go comment pass for this thread, making you wonder if Tinubu governed Ibo land at anytime?!
She is a senator paid from public funds

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by solmus: 11:20am On Sep 27, 2020
Ogbuu101:

She is a senator paid from public funds

Is Lagos central Senatorial district in Ibo land?! Or is she not representing her own people, why are Ibos obsessed over her and her husband political and business success?!

Envy?!

Hate?!

Jealousy?!

Pettiness?!

Fear?!

A woman at her 60th birthday spoke about her personal life experiences and close relationship with her God, but Wailers are here to wail

I don't even know who represents Anambra in the senate or who represents Abia State, but you guys are so obsessed with all Yoruba leaders that you cram their names

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by Fleshly: 11:23am On Sep 27, 2020
Say it loud: WIFE OF A CROOK!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by Ogbuu101: 11:29am On Sep 27, 2020
solmus:

Is Lagos central Senatorial district in Ibo land?! Or is she not representing her own people, why are Ibos obsessed over her and her husband?!

Envy?!

Hate?!

Jealousy?!

Pettiness?!

Fear?!

A woman at her 60th birthday spoke about her personal life experiences and close relationship with her God, but Wailers are her to wail

I don't even know who represents Anambra in the senate or who represents Abia State

What is there to envy about the thiefnuubus?
Where I come from,if you can feed and cloth yourself and dependents, you are already a king and should bow to no mortal.

27 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by Karemarealty288(m): 11:32am On Sep 27, 2020
Was Tinubu really traumatized?...... I heard he was in bed with Abacha same time a NADECO member......pleases those with useful info clear the air.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by solmus: 11:32am On Sep 27, 2020
Ogbuu101:

What is there to envy about the thiefnuubus?
Where I come from,if you can feed and cloth yourself and dependents, you are already a king

Such lack of ambition doesn't exist where I come from. .. life is more than food and cloths

Tinubu never stole a dime from your family house, your State, or your people, you only envy all successful Yoruba men because you wish you were in their shoes

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by MrColdsweat: 11:38am On Sep 27, 2020
We will never forget your utterances about the igbos prior to the last elections.

Like, have the igbos offended you in anyway to deserve to be publicly disrespected, madam tinubu?

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA by andyanders: 11:40am On Sep 27, 2020
When money is involved, women don't look at your religion. That is why most of them enter into that type of marriages.

Tinubu had money and she could not resist turning him down. Who no like better thing.

16 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Who Would Be Your Choice For The PDP Presidential Flag Bearer? / Senate: New Twists Place PDP In Driving Seat / Owerri Prison Break: 1,844 Inmates Escape, 35 Refuse To Go - NCoS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.